• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10074 users

The 100 Four Gate Challenge - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 29 Next All
Mankeyz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
December 08 2010 22:08 GMT
#361
shhhhh. i can't win games if everyone knows I'm doing it.
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
December 08 2010 22:18 GMT
#362
If you are one of the few that thinks 4-gate is "easy to stop" then you're just bad at it. 4-gate never gets easy to hold. the higher and better you get, the higher and better the tosses get at doing it.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
December 08 2010 22:27 GMT
#363
On December 09 2010 07:18 danl9rm wrote:
If you are one of the few that thinks 4-gate is "easy to stop" then you're just bad at it. 4-gate never gets easy to hold. the higher and better you get, the higher and better the tosses get at doing it.



I agree with this. I am a 2000ish diamond playing P and T and I 4gate for easy wins when I get tired. And as T I never do less than double bunker PvT if I see indications of 4 gate. It is stoppable. It takes micro, good solid builds, and great scouting. Honestly though, I've never stopped a >2400 4 gate of the few I've had to battle. Good players make extra units appear like freaking Ninjalkers or Samurailots. Japanese units are better.
One Love
CiscoKid
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada20 Posts
December 08 2010 23:23 GMT
#364
I'm a platinum Zerg right now, and 4 gates are hard to deal with but I actually like playing against it alot. Feels soo damn good when all those roaches pop just in time to defend the rush, I'm about 1800 plat and I have only tried P once. It would be kinda funny to see what effect it had on my ladder pts lol. And I kind of want to try P out once
Bawzonurjaw
Profile Joined October 2010
United States28 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-11 06:29:56
December 09 2010 03:46 GMT
#365
Name/ID: ThePedophile.321
Division: Bronze
Points before "Hundred 4Gate Challenge": 238 (1651 Bonus pool) 15-23
Points 39 Games into challenge: 850(bronze)>651(silver) (1270 Bonus pool) 47-33
Final score: Not finsihed yet. 32-10 so far. I'm still bronze, I should get promoted soon, its puttingme against mid - high gold opponents right now, all are getting spanked. This is fun
Replay pack: Coming soon.

I started a new account a few days ago, I was platinum Protoss. I played Zerg from the getgo, and I can't do it, I can't even beat bronze level players as zerg. So I lost about 20 games in a row and switched to Protoss, im in the very bottom of bronze, climbing my way up, pulverizing everyone, hopefully i'll get promoted but I should start playing platinum and low diamonds soon, so it will even out ill start losing. but even after a 16 game win streak i wasnt promoted.
Update: Promoted to Silver 12/11/10 =).
[url=http://sc2sig.com/profile/us/2394291/1/ThePedophile/][img]http://sc2sig.com/s/us/2394291-1.png[/img][/url]
TLurker
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
51 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-09 03:56:17
December 09 2010 03:55 GMT
#366
Bawzonurjaw United States. December 09 2010 12:46. Posts 24 PM Profile Quote #
Name/ID: ThePedophile.321


I'd recommend using your free name change... hopefully you haven't already
Mankeyz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
December 09 2010 11:53 GMT
#367
Keep it up my brethren Protaus Bauses. Post more of your glorious victories for all to see.
Scrimpton
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom465 Posts
December 09 2010 12:13 GMT
#368
Some glorious Bastard should

LIVESTREAM THIS.

It would be interesting to see the player improve as time goes by, and really this could all be done within a short few afternoons.

I'd definitely watch whilst at work :D
Protoss is the only race with "pro" in it
ProtossGirl
Profile Joined December 2010
England123 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-09 13:30:42
December 09 2010 13:19 GMT
#369
Hi guys,

I've been reading this site for a few weeks now, and have just decided to register and try taking part in this challenge.
My Husband has taught me most of the basics such as hotkeys, and has started me on the road to having somewhat efficient macro (I try not to go above 1000 minerals in a game, and usually manage it quite well, for a beginner)

Anyway, I've heard that depth beats breadth whilst you are taking those initial steps towards learning the game so I figure here is as good a place to start as any.

I'm aiming to stream all of my games, and I'm just in the process of setting up the stream.
I've taken a look at Livestream, and whilst the procaster tool is easy to use, it seems like Ustream or Own3d (i think that's what it's called) would be better, but i have little experience with either, and if you are somewhat familiar with UK internet, we get pretty terrible upload speeds compared to download.

This post is getting much longer than expected, so I'll wrap it up with this last request.

If you have any experience with Ustream,own3d or getting good results with Livestream, and don't mind spending a small amount of time helping me test and set up my stream i'd be very grateful.

ProtossGirl 932 on the EU server.

Edit:
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/114125-1v1-protoss-zerg-delta-quadrant

Replay of game one Although I'm not sure if it "counts" since the Opponent left before I could get all 4 gates up.
Phwar Gate
d_wAy
Profile Joined November 2010
United States104 Posts
December 09 2010 15:20 GMT
#370
4 gate is fairly easily scoutable and good micro / some sunkens will stop it immediately. To be honest, 4 gate (well.. depending on position and map) is what I'm most glad to see when scouting a toss base. Stargates, FE, etc strike much more fear into my heart
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
December 12 2010 10:01 GMT
#371
On December 09 2010 07:27 Sleight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2010 07:18 danl9rm wrote:
If you are one of the few that thinks 4-gate is "easy to stop" then you're just bad at it. 4-gate never gets easy to hold. the higher and better you get, the higher and better the tosses get at doing it.



I agree with this. I am a 2000ish diamond playing P and T and I 4gate for easy wins when I get tired. And as T I never do less than double bunker PvT if I see indications of 4 gate. It is stoppable. It takes micro, good solid builds, and great scouting. Honestly though, I've never stopped a >2400 4 gate of the few I've had to battle. Good players make extra units appear like freaking Ninjalkers or Samurailots. Japanese units are better.


I can only comment on what I know to be true about your post, and that is the bolded section.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Miicr0
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands133 Posts
December 12 2010 10:06 GMT
#372
On December 09 2010 12:55 TLurker wrote:
Show nested quote +
Bawzonurjaw United States. December 09 2010 12:46. Posts 24 PM Profile Quote #
Name/ID: ThePedophile.321


I'd recommend using your free name change... hopefully you haven't already


Why? He is ThePedophile and rapes you with his toss. I tought blizzard screened for these types of names.
Learning from the best is the best way of learning...
WarSong
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada126 Posts
December 12 2010 10:37 GMT
#373
On December 09 2010 20:53 Mankeyz wrote:
Keep it up my brethren Protaus Bauses. Post more of your glorious victories for all to see.

you're a fucking idiot.

User was temp banned for this post.
Til water is gone, til shade is gone: into the Blight with teeth bared, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Protato
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden20 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 11:12:16
December 12 2010 11:11 GMT
#374
On December 09 2010 22:19 ProtossGirl wrote:
-snip-

I'm aiming to stream all of my games, and I'm just in the process of setting up the stream.
I've taken a look at Livestream, and whilst the procaster tool is easy to use, it seems like Ustream or Own3d (i think that's what it's called) would be better, but i have little experience with either, and if you are somewhat familiar with UK internet, we get pretty terrible upload speeds compared to download.

This post is getting much longer than expected, so I'll wrap it up with this last request.

If you have any experience with Ustream,own3d or getting good results with Livestream, and don't mind spending a small amount of time helping me test and set up my stream i'd be very grateful.

ProtossGirl 932 on the EU server.

Edit:
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/114125-1v1-protoss-zerg-delta-quadrant

Replay of game one Although I'm not sure if it "counts" since the Opponent left before I could get all 4 gates up.


Definitely check out this sub-forum http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=46

There are alot of streaming tutorials and guides there. Good luck :D
Decko
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
December 12 2010 11:30 GMT
#375
This is an awesome idea, I'm going to do it as soon my break from school starts :D :D
Superman does good, you're doing well.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 12 2010 11:43 GMT
#376
On December 12 2010 19:01 danl9rm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2010 07:27 Sleight wrote:
On December 09 2010 07:18 danl9rm wrote:
If you are one of the few that thinks 4-gate is "easy to stop" then you're just bad at it. 4-gate never gets easy to hold. the higher and better you get, the higher and better the tosses get at doing it.



I agree with this. I am a 2000ish diamond playing P and T and I 4gate for easy wins when I get tired. And as T I never do less than double bunker PvT if I see indications of 4 gate. It is stoppable. It takes micro, good solid builds, and great scouting. Honestly though, I've never stopped a >2400 4 gate of the few I've had to battle. Good players make extra units appear like freaking Ninjalkers or Samurailots. Japanese units are better.


I can only comment on what I know to be true about your post, and that is the bolded section.

By the way, the 4gate in which you only get 1 gas and add in 3 super fast Gateways, then get a Zealot off each before the warp gate research is done, and then immediately move out and warp in 4 Stalkers, and then 4 more Zealots from the proxy pylon near their base, hits with insane amount of units at just after 6 minutes. It can be really frustrating to stop if you're used to poorly executed 4gates... just need to spam spines. =/
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
haegN
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway547 Posts
December 26 2010 11:39 GMT
#377
Who will take silver position?
None can give you skills, ubermicro, wins or anything. If you are man - you take it!
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 11:42:04
December 26 2010 11:41 GMT
#378
On December 09 2010 12:46 Bawzonurjaw wrote:
Name/ID: ThePedophile.321

wtf.. Blizzard didn't ban you ?
Wrongspeedy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1655 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-26 12:03:16
December 26 2010 12:02 GMT
#379
FadedProbe.622

First! I haven't been doing strictly 4 gates, but as a Protoss player who was 2000 Platinum (Without 4-gating at all, and about 200 1v1 wins). By mixing heavy gateway pressure I was able to jump to 2200 Diamond in 2 weeks. I've won 27 of my last 40 games. Most of them were DT Rushes with 4 gate support, or 3 gates into a Stargate (for Voidrays and line of sight) adding a 4th gateway for when I was warping into their base. I feel like just by trying early pressure it has at least helped me win some of the faster games I would have normally lost, its a safer and more flexible style, which makes sense. SC2 is mostly a game of aggression and that many gateways gives you a lot of leeway in how you want to execute that aggression.

This is the safe hand that prevents that poker feeling from completely invading the game, at least for me as a Protoss player thus far
It is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.- John Stuart Mill
haegN
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway547 Posts
December 26 2010 12:08 GMT
#380
On December 26 2010 21:02 Wrongspeedy wrote:
FadedProbe.622

First! I haven't been doing strictly 4 gates, but as a Protoss player who was 2000 Platinum (Without 4-gating at all, and about 200 1v1 wins). By mixing heavy gateway pressure I was able to jump to 2200 Diamond in 2 weeks. I've won 27 of my last 40 games. Most of them were DT Rushes with 4 gate support, or 3 gates into a Stargate (for Voidrays and line of sight) adding a 4th gateway for when I was warping into their base. I feel like just by trying early pressure it has at least helped me win some of the faster games I would have normally lost, its a safer and more flexible style, which makes sense. SC2 is mostly a game of aggression and that many gateways gives you a lot of leeway in how you want to execute that aggression.

This is the safe hand that prevents that poker feeling from completely invading the game, at least for me as a Protoss player thus far


Gateway units are considered stronger and stronger by the day it seems..
None can give you skills, ubermicro, wins or anything. If you are man - you take it!
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings56
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 169
PiLiPiLi 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE136
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Other Games
summit1g7057
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft471
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1120
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 17m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 17m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.