• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9701 users

The 100 Four Gate Challenge - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 29 Next All
rS.Sinatra
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada785 Posts
November 30 2010 00:32 GMT
#321
this is awesome.. i've been playing against nothing but 4 gates and raping the fuck out of protosses all across the ladder.. maybe i should play 300 games and dedicate the 1/3 that is protoss to this thread of me raping the shit out of 4 gate...

www.rsgaming.com
Qwix
Profile Joined October 2010
531 Posts
November 30 2010 00:48 GMT
#322
I already 4gated allot so might as well join you guys.

Name/ID: Qwix
Division: Platinum
Points before "Hundred 4Gate Challenge": 903 /959 Bonus pool (67-48 win/loss)
Points X Games into challenge: -
Final score: -
Replay pack: -
graxx
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 00:22:00
December 01 2010 00:20 GMT
#323
Thought I'd give a update to keep the topic alive and let you know how I am doing!

Having pretty good succes, beating some pretty high diamonds and feeling way less anxious to play as I have a set plan.

I haven't really decided how all in I want to go. I quite often get to play a long drawn game after my initial push as I often produce probes without thinking about it.

Having some problems against T's that bunker up, either after I foolishly let them scout my gates or a blind bunker, perhaps I am just too scared to atack them.

Name/ID: graxx
Division: Diamond
Points before "Hundred 4Gate Challenge": 1176 (850 Bonus pool)
Points 24 Games into challenge: 1497
Final score: Unknown
Replay pack: end of the year I hope

oh yeah.. I get quite a bit of BM :p I don't see how 3 gate robo into massing colossus in PvP is more skilled then this.
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 03:45:23
December 01 2010 03:37 GMT
#324
6 4 gates in a row today. OP is a wanker.

Edit: forgot to mention that I asked my opponents too if they had visited this thread -.-
3 said they were taking part 3 didn't reply and called me a scrub.
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
haegN
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway547 Posts
December 01 2010 09:21 GMT
#325
On December 01 2010 09:20 graxx wrote:
Thought I'd give a update to keep the topic alive and let you know how I am doing!

Having pretty good succes, beating some pretty high diamonds and feeling way less anxious to play as I have a set plan.

I haven't really decided how all in I want to go. I quite often get to play a long drawn game after my initial push as I often produce probes without thinking about it.

Having some problems against T's that bunker up, either after I foolishly let them scout my gates or a blind bunker, perhaps I am just too scared to atack them.

Name/ID: graxx
Division: Diamond
Points before "Hundred 4Gate Challenge": 1176 (850 Bonus pool)
Points 24 Games into challenge: 1497
Final score: Unknown
Replay pack: end of the year I hope

oh yeah.. I get quite a bit of BM :p I don't see how 3 gate robo into massing colossus in PvP is more skilled then this.


Actually bunkers are pretty weak I find :p I usually try to forcefield so scvs cant repair

or just walk past them

2065 now :D 4 Gate is GOOOOOOOD
None can give you skills, ubermicro, wins or anything. If you are man - you take it!
haegN
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway547 Posts
December 01 2010 09:22 GMT
#326
On December 01 2010 12:37 vol_ wrote:
6 4 gates in a row today. OP is a wanker.

Edit: forgot to mention that I asked my opponents too if they had visited this thread -.-
3 said they were taking part 3 didn't reply and called me a scrub.


You just got served
None can give you skills, ubermicro, wins or anything. If you are man - you take it!
sCuMBaG
Profile Joined August 2006
United Kingdom1144 Posts
December 01 2010 14:21 GMT
#327
last 10 games against toss they tried to 4gate me 8 times.
won 8 out of 8

i should really tahnk you for this "challenge". tosses all around are trying to do this now, and i'm really thankfull. It's so ridiculously easy to hold it of with fast expo.

and the fact, that toss lategame is the hardest part, males me wanna giggle all the time i see someone 4gating.

i really appreciate it, thanks a lot.
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
December 01 2010 14:34 GMT
#328
Reading this thread, I felt like that the 4-gate build seems to be some sort of addicting drug or vice
DuneBug
Profile Joined April 2010
United States668 Posts
December 02 2010 04:37 GMT
#329
i can't believe that many people are actually taking up the 'challenge'...

I feel like this is just the state of protoss on ladder... They usually 4gate or try to void ray.
TIME TO SAY GOODNIGHT BRO!
Lockindal
Profile Joined October 2010
United States73 Posts
December 02 2010 05:21 GMT
#330
i would like to see more challenges like this, but as 50 games instead of 100. 50 is just about right to learn a strat. 100 is excessive
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
December 02 2010 05:34 GMT
#331
"Mommy WOW! I can Fourgate now!!!"

I should try and find the time to execute a single strategy 100 times within a reasonable time frame. I need to play more.

X.X
Mankeyz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 05:55:49
December 02 2010 05:55 GMT
#332
Mankeyz reporting in.

Starting rank, Unplaced

(6 100 4 gate challenges)

Ending rank 2857 Diamond
5unrise
Profile Joined May 2009
New Zealand646 Posts
December 02 2010 05:58 GMT
#333
On December 02 2010 14:55 Mankeyz wrote:
Mankeyz reporting in.

Starting rank, Unplaced

(6 100 4 gate challenges)

Ending rank 2857 Diamond


LoL u serious ?? wow
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
December 02 2010 06:06 GMT
#334
It's a good strategy, and if you're good enough to hold it off then you will profit
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
December 02 2010 06:06 GMT
#335
On December 02 2010 14:55 Mankeyz wrote:
Mankeyz reporting in.

Starting rank, Unplaced

(6 100 4 gate challenges)

Ending rank 2857 Diamond


If this is true this is awesome.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
AssuredVacancy
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1167 Posts
December 02 2010 06:10 GMT
#336
On December 02 2010 15:06 DivinO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2010 14:55 Mankeyz wrote:
Mankeyz reporting in.

Starting rank, Unplaced

(6 100 4 gate challenges)

Ending rank 2857 Diamond


If this is true this is awesome.


He had something like 2500 back in early nov. so I doubt it.
We spend our youth attaining wealth, and our wealth attaining youth.
Mankeyz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States31 Posts
December 02 2010 06:15 GMT
#337
^ I've been doing the 4 gate challenge since I realized it can make players with no skill do well on ladder ( which happens to be well before this thread was made).
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
December 02 2010 06:53 GMT
#338
wish sum1 would do this already lol wanna see results
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
December 02 2010 06:57 GMT
#339
Make a 100 6 pool challenge.


Or a 100 marine + SCV a-... Wait, don't do that one, it actually works against even good players.
slam
Profile Joined May 2010
United States923 Posts
December 02 2010 07:29 GMT
#340
On December 02 2010 14:55 Mankeyz wrote:
Mankeyz reporting in.

Starting rank, Unplaced

(6 100 4 gate challenges)

Ending rank 2857 Diamond

http://sc2ranks.com/us/728357/Mankeyz

liez.
I get it.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings5
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
Nina 143
ViBE112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14621
Artosis 563
PianO 22
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever539
canceldota132
NeuroSwarm123
League of Legends
Doublelift3927
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe48
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g5795
FrodaN976
shahzam527
C9.Mang0310
Mew2King23
Day[9].tv0
Maynarde0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• RyuSc2 34
• Response 1
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1166
• Shiphtur488
• Day9tv0
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 56m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.