• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:48
CEST 03:48
KST 10:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

New ladder maps! - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 Next All
kojinshugi
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia2559 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 07:40:35
October 08 2010 07:22 GMT
#661
On October 08 2010 16:18 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Congratulations, you went through an 8000 word post and picked out one single statement and are using it to counter the other 7800+ words on that thread.

If you don't like the stats, too bad, they are stats. I mentioned where the poll was done, and imo there is no better place in the world to poll Starcraft fans then TL.

If it does not meet your standards I am sorry, but it is what it is.


I'm not trying to counter anything.

I'm trying to yet again let you know that your tone in advocating these maps is confrontational, derisive, divisive, and unreasonable. I'd love to see user-made maps embraced by Blizzard, but it's not going to happen when you're so antagonistic in advocating them.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you.
whatsgrackalackin420
tpir
Profile Joined July 2010
United States53 Posts
October 08 2010 07:26 GMT
#662
Diamond, with all due respect, you are rightfully emotional about this issue, but it might be clouding things a bit. Your attempts to explain that you are *not* arguing from authority boil down to "well these are the facts from SC1 and that is just how SC2 will work because I said so." (I mean I am playing devils advocate to some degree because of course the maps are important. Its an RTS game ffs! )

Same with your logic for Metalopolis: "It simply IS old because I say so and I know a lot about maps. So there." Ok well the game hasn't actually been out for 7 months retail and I say Metalopolis is still fresh and awesome. So there

You are stretching with your reddit thread timing and MMA "points" (what percentage of MMA fans are also MMA fighters? vs. what percentage of SC fans also play SC?) I already told my anecdotes about people who don't care about GSL and probably never will, so telling me "well they should care!" is just making my authority point again. The pros will of course drive the direction of the changes but the casual players simply don't care at all about those details.

Serious question: Do you think Blizzard is somehow unaware of the top pros opinions on 1v1 pool being shitty right now?


Cliff notes: Patience? At least see what the eSports patch entails and hear what the plans are for 2011 GSL map pools? There could be 4 more brand new maps in the pool tomorrow for all we know.
ancientrussian
Profile Joined August 2010
Russian Federation6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 13:15:54
October 08 2010 13:14 GMT
#663
You've just activated my Jungel Basin card!

[image loading]
Who controls the past controls the future
Deadlift
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States358 Posts
October 08 2010 15:58 GMT
#664
If these maps were exactly the same but called "iCCup Shakuras Plateau" and "iCCup Jungle Basin" everyone would praise how amazing they are.
ToxNub
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada805 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 16:07:55
October 08 2010 16:06 GMT
#665
If these maps were exactly the same but called "iCCup Shakuras Plateau" and "iCCup Jungle Basin" everyone would praise how amazing they are.


so true.

and i love the new maps
TaKemE
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1045 Posts
October 08 2010 16:29 GMT
#666
On October 09 2010 00:58 Kishime wrote:
If these maps were exactly the same but called "iCCup Shakuras Plateau" and "iCCup Jungle Basin" everyone would praise how amazing they are.


Haha that is so true.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
October 08 2010 16:38 GMT
#667
On October 08 2010 16:22 kojinshugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2010 16:18 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Congratulations, you went through an 8000 word post and picked out one single statement and are using it to counter the other 7800+ words on that thread.

If you don't like the stats, too bad, they are stats. I mentioned where the poll was done, and imo there is no better place in the world to poll Starcraft fans then TL.

If it does not meet your standards I am sorry, but it is what it is.


I'm not trying to counter anything.

I'm trying to yet again let you know that your tone in advocating these maps is confrontational, derisive, divisive, and unreasonable. I'd love to see user-made maps embraced by Blizzard, but it's not going to happen when you're so antagonistic in advocating them.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you.


I kind of agree that Diamonds original thread was overly confrontational. It just was. Diamond, you were angry. It is understandable.

But it was still a thread that needed to be made, and it was better that it be made in that way than not made at all.

Regardless of what people think of the Blizzard maps, and regardless of whether or not the Blizzard maps will, a year down the road, be realized as much better or much worse than the current opinion states, mapmaking is something that the community can contribute towards the furthering of SC2 as a sport.

What I've seen the iCCup team do over the past couple months is put who knows how many hours into making maps, only for these maps to not really be used, and nobody except for the TL people to really talk about them.

I know a few small scale tournaments have been using them, and I've been enjoying iCCups stream. I'm slowly starting to like Realcun more and more as a caster. He's just such a nice guy.

But the large scale tournaments aren't using them, none of the maps are very popular on Bnet, and Blizzard won't make any comment at all about what it thinks on community maps. I would like to see Blizzard say what they think a good map is. What they think good sizes should be. How much differentiation there should be in maps in a given pool. Etc. There's a thread like this on the Custom Maps forum here, talking about where cliffs should be, how many expansions there should be, how many squares a natural expansions choke should be, etc. I want to see if Blizzards opinions and TL's opinions match up.

Because if they don't, that would let custom mapmakers either say 'well Blizzard is wrong and this is why', or it would let them change their maps to something Blizzard, and by association the large scale tournaments that Blizzard has to authorize, might more readily accept. It wouldn't introduce custom maps overnight, but it would start the discussion.

With such talented people putting so much work towards their maps, the fact that there is literally no discussion between the game developers and the community mapmakers is upsetting to me. It just seems like a wasted opportunity on the part of Blizzard, and I am not sure what they are thinking.

Diamond has a reason to be angry, because it's not the first time he's tried to appeal to them. And the fact that they at least seemingly do not care is distressing. If I really wanted to help with something, and spent a lot of work trying to help, only to be basically completely ignored, I would be upset too.

It was a good thread. It needed to be made. And even though it's pretty clear that Blizzard is not going to respond to it, I don't think we should just give up. There's other things we can do to try to get them to listen, and at least acknowledge it.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
-miDnight-
Profile Joined September 2010
Taiwan455 Posts
October 08 2010 16:57 GMT
#668
Am I the only one see Terrain nightmare with Void ray in shakuras plateau?
If spawn in Horziontal position, void ray has a free rock to charge up and it's damn close to mineral line.
http://www.facebook.com/midnightsc Chinese caster from TW (go SEn)
TedJustice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1324 Posts
October 08 2010 17:09 GMT
#669
As a protoss, I love jungle basin. A free, easy to defend expansion, small ramp, and rocks to charge void rays.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 08 2010 17:12 GMT
#670
On October 09 2010 00:58 Kishime wrote:
If these maps were exactly the same but called "iCCup Shakuras Plateau" and "iCCup Jungle Basin" everyone would praise how amazing they are.

I'm not sure why, since only a couple of the iccup maps are actually good imho. I guess in general they're better than Blizzard maps though.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Kolvacs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1203 Posts
October 08 2010 17:13 GMT
#671
I really really love the new map pool ^^.
I'm not sure why people are hating .
Aikin
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria532 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 17:17:01
October 08 2010 17:14 GMT
#672
I kinda like shakuras plateuau because it has lots of expansions and by opening the rocks you have a nice layout. Also the middle is wide open but has some line of sight blockers <3.

But jungle basin is just.... As a zerg I haven`t found a good place for a third base yet. The middel is so freakin narrow you cannot surround or flank them. Also they´ll see every attempt coming from miles away because both paths have a watch tower.

Edit: I think jungle would be alot better if they removed the hole between the two watchtowers. I hate thoose two small paths so much.
[A]dmiral Bulldog | Naniwa | [A]lliance
ahwala
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany418 Posts
October 08 2010 17:20 GMT
#673
On October 09 2010 00:58 Kishime wrote:
If these maps were exactly the same but called "iCCup Shakuras Plateau" and "iCCup Jungle Basin" everyone would praise how amazing they are.


erm, no.
Animostas
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States568 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 18:01:41
October 08 2010 17:49 GMT
#674
Not sure if this has been said already (just kind of skimmed the last 34 pages) but I THINK there's a tank imbalance on Shakuras Plateau.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If someone can confirm or deny this, that would be great, thanks. Basically the idea is that you can't hit an adjacent vertical position's geyser unless you're in the top left.
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
October 08 2010 18:00 GMT
#675
1400 Z

Went 4-0 last night on Jungle. Liking it right now, though that could change.

Went 0-1 last night on Shakura. Seems tankcentric. I like both better than Kulas.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
October 08 2010 18:04 GMT
#676
I really really miss Kulas, I recently thumbs upped it on teh ladder and I was really enjoying it... The new ones, to be honest, are pretty mediocre
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
Uranium
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1077 Posts
October 08 2010 18:30 GMT
#677
On October 09 2010 02:49 Animostas wrote:
Not sure if this has been said already (just kind of skimmed the last 34 pages) but I THINK there's a tank imbalance on Shakuras Plateau.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If someone can confirm or deny this, that would be great, thanks. Basically the idea is that you can't hit an adjacent vertical position's geyser unless you're in the top left.

Apparently vertical positions cannot exist in this map, the only valid spawns are horizontal or diagonal.
"Sentry imba! You see? YOU SEE??!!" - Sen | "Marauder die die!" - oGsMC | "Oh my god, she texted me back!" - Day[9]
Animostas
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States568 Posts
October 08 2010 18:32 GMT
#678
Seriously? Well, that's sort of a clever way to introduce a 2v2 map into the 1v1 map pool.
Benshin88
Profile Joined September 2010
United States183 Posts
October 08 2010 18:50 GMT
#679
I'm a zerg player and i feel like Shakuras plataeu favors zerg. The NE is very close by and it only takes 1 creep to basically reach the NE. The Map is pretty huge for walking distance because you have to go through the middle. Toss and Terran don't't have a good place to make a 3rd expansion. If they do make a 3rd expansion they'd have to split up their troops.

IMO Muta/ling or Nydus is pretty good on this map and I don't feel like i have to rush to defend my NE most of the time.
optical630
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom768 Posts
October 08 2010 18:55 GMT
#680
i miss desert ;/
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 59
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9586
JimRising 691
ViBE163
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS74
Trikslyr30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1305
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream113
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 12m
INu's Battles
10h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
Replay Cast
21h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.