• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:43
CEST 18:43
KST 01:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8411 users

MLG Raleigh Ultimate Feedback Thread - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Affluenza
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom214 Posts
August 29 2010 13:37 GMT
#21
I hate the format...double elimination is poor format.

I also felt robbed of a proper final...I'm sorry but the concept that a final can be played with a player having a defecit or set advantage is not a proper final...

My children, the hour of our victory is at hand. For upon this world of Aiur shall we incorporate the strongest known species into our fold. Then shall we be the greatest of creation's children. We shall be... Perfect.
MisterPuppy
Profile Joined August 2010
161 Posts
August 29 2010 13:37 GMT
#22
I'm not very good at Starcraft 2, but one of the casters (the asian dude) kept on saying the wrong things and it got really hard for me to follow b/c I had to keep on going to the tier lists to figure out why I didn't understand what he was talking about :\
phamou
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada193 Posts
August 29 2010 13:39 GMT
#23
try and cast more games of popular matchups/players
cornwell1961
Profile Joined April 2010
Afghanistan56 Posts
August 29 2010 13:40 GMT
#24
cant blame mlg, but streamed games were not the most entertaining ones, exept drewbie vs Socke and silver vs gretorp serie, so my question would be how you decide which games to stream?
dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
August 29 2010 13:40 GMT
#25
On August 29 2010 22:34 kickinhead wrote:
The Players weren't as good as in the IEM and there were too many boring MU's like PvP. Also, there were nearly no Zergs...

I liked the commentary, also the ones by HD and Husky and I didn't mind the more LAN-like rather than big Showmatch-Style approach...


Indeed there weren't any zergs, but I don't think you can blame the organizers for that.

Although most people hated it, I think it was nice to have 4 commentators switching between games.
..
Avrithor
Profile Joined May 2010
United States41 Posts
August 29 2010 13:41 GMT
#26
- The stream had issues for a number of people. On day 1, for me, it didn't work in FF, Chrome, or IE. I let it sit in Chrome and after over an hour of "MLG Stream now loading" it finally popped on. On day 2, it worked instantly. (I also had no problems at all with Octoshape for IEM Gamescom.) I don't know if anything changed between day 1 and day 2, but anything your tech crew could do to improve availability of the stream so folks don't have to go to restreams by folks who won the "working-stream-lottery" to watch the event would be stellar. I know you really want it to just work for everyone and I'm not trying to impugn your tech guys, this is just the reality of what went down. The work they're doing is appreciated and I'm sure they'll keep it up.
- HD/Husky have been debated to death on TL, suffice it to say that HD's admission that he plays 1 ladder game per week sums up my thoughts on that.
- I think the map introduction videos were a fantastic idea. Obviously everyone on this site knows what's up with the maps but considering you have lots of Halo players, Tekken players, etc and would like to reach out to a wider audience, I think this is something you need to keep up. However, the Blizzard maps are fairly terrible and IMO bringing in some better maps would make for a much better event. The iCCup mapmaking team is doing good work, unless your partnership with Blizzard stipulates you must use official maps only I would take a look at that.
- JP, your makeup in particular looked strange on the stream. It seemed like you were too pale and possibly wearing lipstick. Maybe have your makeup people adjust for next time. :3
- Quality of the free stream was fine once it worked, I had no issues seeing what was going on. The only issue was the in-game being too dark on day 1, but it seemed like that was fixed on day 2.
- More interviews! Along with switching up the casting pair, having whoever wasn't casting down on the floor talking to the players made it truly seem like you were all a pro casting team and not just SC nerds who got invited to yak into headsets. And of course it's great to hear from the players.
- At some point once there's a solid history of SC2 events, you may consider nerding out enough to put up player stats before/after matches similar to how OSL broadcasts do it. For example you could show last 10 games and W/L% before the game (TLPD has this data), and resources/units killed/average APM/etc after the game.
debasers
Profile Joined August 2010
737 Posts
August 29 2010 13:45 GMT
#27
I really think that if HD and Husky want to make it a job, they need to study more starcraft. They said so many crap during the games...
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
August 29 2010 13:45 GMT
#28
The format is really poor. I lost a lot of excitement watching because of the boring format tbh.

Group stages followed by singel elimination is the way to go. Why does MLG use double elimination?
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
August 29 2010 13:46 GMT
#29
The event was great. It would be cool with the two caster pairs to have dual streams so that we can have access to more games. The production value was really high, but there could have been more interviews. Some people said that the casters in between games were sometimes awkward with not a lot to talk about. Having more interviews or features to fill in the time would just bring up the production value that much higher. I think the first event was really successful.

Please JP, would love to hear the stats about the event when you guys get them. Heard the alerts stream talking about the SC2 stream being one of the most successful MLG streams of all time. Would love to hear the stats about approx how many HD passes, views, in-person ticket passes that the SC2 community was able to suck up. Want to be even more proud of our community!

Good work MLG and ggs!
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
DarkspearTribe
Profile Joined August 2010
568 Posts
August 29 2010 13:47 GMT
#30
On August 29 2010 22:37 Affluenza wrote:
I hate the format...double elimination is poor format.

I also felt robbed of a proper final...I'm sorry but the concept that a final can be played with a player having a defecit or set advantage is not a proper final...


Every format has it's cons and pros. Get over it
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
August 29 2010 13:47 GMT
#31
I would like to see you abandon double elim. For me it kills a lot of the excitement of the later rounds. Individual games just seem less important.

Some way of getting rid of the bad players before casting would be nice too. That sounds asshole-ish but there's no fun in watching some random vs a good player. Some way of cutting the field in half right away would do wonders for the quality of games I think, rather than random player vs good player, then random players clogging up the loser bracket.
Ohdamn
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany765 Posts
August 29 2010 13:48 GMT
#32
On August 29 2010 22:13 mortar wrote:
I felt the HD stream wasn't really worth it. Quality wasn't as good as I hoped for.

(I'm aware of the preview.)


QFT


the ingame quality...wtf...
it was SOO dark

the difference between non-HD and HD was too little

also the quality difference between ingame and the rest was just HUGE

it seemed like HD only worked for the commentator/interview stuff and as soon as it goes ingame...omg

for 10$ that's just...bad


anyone else noticed that?
"If you can chill....chill!"
shrinkmaster
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany947 Posts
August 29 2010 13:49 GMT
#33
This is my opinion about mlg raleigh, yours may differ:

* More interviews and overall more event coverage.
* HD stream is expensive (10$ for weekend, esl had 10€(?) for one month). Would have still purchased, but i won' spend money if i can only watch half of the games, because i can't stand some of your casters. For deep ingame and out of game analysis HD and Huskey's skills are lacking and other casters also provide better entertainment imho. Day9 and JP were great!
* Looser bracket is just bad
* More data on the players would be great to show before the actual games. Like Win/Loss percentage, Matchup history etc. Of couse this would only be doable when more SC2 events were played.
* I liked the commercials at IEM a lot more than your commercials. More gaming related commercials or movie trailers etc would be great.

Voltaire: The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it.
Fzero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1503 Posts
August 29 2010 13:49 GMT
#34
I have three comments (as a stream watcher):

1) I don't think it is beyond the capabilities of MLG to have someone conducting interviews with players in off/non-tournament hours. Playing some of those videos during the "vamp" time would be much more desirable than watching the MLG logo or hearing commentators say how they're still waiting on players to join. Obviously don't get rid of the commentator vamp time, but alternation would be great.

2) I'm looking for the tournament directors to let us watch *most* of the high profile matchups. There were several instances of us watching big name vs no-name matches when it was an outright stomp. I really enjoyed the few instances when we cut into a series in progress to see the final game in the possibility of an upset. I know it is hard to coordinate, but the viewers want to see the players they are fans of.

3) People were laughing about the map preview of Xel'Naga Caverns (especially you Day!), but that was great. Seriously. That's so professional to have that prepared for each map. Another way to improve would be to have some overlays / interface during the pre-game with statistics and player information. Think TSL or Proleague style here.

I loved the tournament.. definitely made me a fan of Socke who I had rarely watched before. I'm really sad that my favorite players are Dimaga and Socke and I play Terran, but that's the case!
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.
SolHeiM
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1264 Posts
August 29 2010 13:50 GMT
#35
My biggest issue with the stream was that fullscreen mode was forced widescreen. What the fuck kind of bullshit is that? Not everyone has a widescreen monitor, and even if you do, not everyone has the same widescreen size.

I changed to my laptop because it has widescreen, and it was still unwatchable in fullscreen mode because the sides were cropped off. Eventually I found a way to watch it in VLC, but I shouldn't really have to go through all that trouble to watch a stream because you can't configure it properly, should I?
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
August 29 2010 13:50 GMT
#36
Also, Fullscreen on stream STILL cuts off the screen so you only see about 70% of the screen. This really needs to be fixed.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
Terrakin
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1440 Posts
August 29 2010 13:51 GMT
#37
On August 29 2010 22:45 debasers wrote:
I really think that if HD and Husky want to make it a job, they need to study more starcraft. They said so many crap during the games...

I agree, they need to get more experience, then they should do live events. Just because you have a good voice doesn't make you a good caster.
Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.
de1irium
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States121 Posts
August 29 2010 13:51 GMT
#38
Was watching on the stream... my thoughts:

-- Downtime between matches was too much, IMO. I realize there needs to be time to recap and run commercials, and that's cool, but it seemed like the commentators were stalling a lot. There's enough legitimate time between matches that there should be no reason the players for the next match to be streamed aren't ready to go right as the current match is wrapping up.

-- Production was a bit on the weak side. Transitions were often very awkward. And at one point your camera guys were killing time by panning around to a bunch of chubby nerds literally laying around (were there no chairs in the spec area??). I won't pretend to have a solution for a situation like that ... I realize it happens sometimes, and I realize it's the first time you guys have run SC2 so there are going to be hiccups. But a little more polish going forward would be cool. Visualize the brackets and/or the match results (maps played, who won which, etc...). Recap some of the other results that went on while the streamed match happened.

-- 480p "HD?" You might be able to fool the halo kids with that, but come on. We're PC gamers. Give me a 720p 30fps stream and I'd cough up the $10 in a second! Ghetto street fighter tournaments can manage it for free, I'm sure MLG can make it happen behind a paywall.

-- On the topic of the stream quality, it was really dark. A little extra contrast/saturation can go a long way, but this was a bit too much. (No, it's not my monitor.)

But ultimately the tourney went off without any major hangups (that I noticed), so props for that. Looking forward to seeing what the future brings for NA SC2!
warshop
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada490 Posts
August 29 2010 13:52 GMT
#39
- The HD stream never worked for me on both days.

- It would also be nice to get replays and/or VODs of the matches that we couldn't see. I feel we missed some of the best matches and that really sucks.

- As Avrithor pointed out, more interviews would be nice. It would be nice to meet the players, put a face on the name

Other than that, great casts, great games.
bRuTaL!!
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland588 Posts
August 29 2010 13:53 GMT
#40
Jump from free to "HD" was waaay to small and truly 10 dollars wasted. I literally couldnt see the difference while jumping from one to the other, when I put them side by side I could see a small difference.
Tasteless: "What was it Hans Solo was frozen in? Kryptonite?" Artosis: "Lol, no. Thats the stuff that hurts Batman."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 136
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 558
IndyStarCraft 136
BRAT_OK 50
MindelVK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26115
Shuttle 1265
Hyuk 731
Mini 466
firebathero 193
hero 70
Sexy 70
Killer 45
Mong 44
Hyun 43
[ Show more ]
Trap 39
PianO 35
Liquid`Ret 33
ggaemo 30
ToSsGirL 26
zelot 16
Rock 14
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9139
qojqva1717
Dendi989
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1561
crisheroes1234
Liquid`Hasu674
Other Games
singsing1876
FrodaN1745
fl0m1627
Beastyqt671
Mlord451
Hui .246
Liquid`VortiX180
Livibee155
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS130
Mew2King60
Trikslyr35
CosmosSc2 18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• mYiSmile124
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8302
Other Games
• Shiphtur282
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 17m
INu's Battles
19h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.