• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8821 users

MLG Raleigh Ultimate Feedback Thread - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
August 31 2010 10:25 GMT
#321
people will probably not stop complaining about casters until everyone except day9 has stopped casting - then day9 decides to quit e-sports one day and LOL we are left with nothing

I can't say how much I disdain each of you who gives so much hate to everyone except day9 (I literally "can't say" because it would get me banned....); of course there is always room for improvement, but this is going way overboard and has nothing to do with constructive criticism
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
stylepoints
Profile Joined August 2010
Trinidad/Tobago22 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-31 10:34:46
August 31 2010 10:34 GMT
#322
The problem is sleepingdog, that I have never heard you speak, you could even be in bronze league, and I would rather have you casting the games than husky. The guy shrieks like a godamn banshee and blasts my eardrums every time something happens. I don't even mind that hd?husky? can't pronounce zealot ffs. Just don't yell in my ear.

And yes, one of the supposed "top casters" can't even pronounce a handful of the units' names correctly. How are we supposed to take them seriously.
Fadetowhite
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)302 Posts
August 31 2010 10:37 GMT
#323
HDH + day9 combo = legendary win
메신저
Snowfield
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1289 Posts
August 31 2010 11:15 GMT
#324
I would also just like to add a +1 to the "Get rid of Husky" no (Personal) offense man. But your game casting is lacking in depth and knowledge.
Proxyles
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden27 Posts
August 31 2010 11:24 GMT
#325
What happened to the HD stream, I actually payed the 10$ to get the HD stream, but it was EXACTLY the same as the regular stream.., except that the "Upgrade to HD" button on the bottom of the player was gone.

This does not encourage me or anyone I know to pay for the better quality stream, if we think that we are going to get ripped off.

Other that that it was a great event, I even stopped being angry at the stream issue after a while due to day[9]s and JPs shenanigans and excellent work.

TLDR-
If you sell HQ stream, make sure the stream is HQ

Commentators good, games good
Proxyles
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden27 Posts
August 31 2010 11:37 GMT
#326
On August 31 2010 19:08 Novac wrote:
As for the event in general. When it says HD I expect HD. To me this is at least 720p. I think I logged in 20 times just to make sure that I was actually watching the HD stream I had payed for. Also the way you logged into the HD stream was incredibly confusing. I don't know what it is with e-Sport sites and crappy layout and design but I cannot for the life of me figure out why the site doesn't have a dedicated streaming page made to maximize the overview of the event and separate it completely from the rest of the other events of the MLG page. The GOMtv.net page is awful in this regard as well.
Also, keep the paying customers i.e. the HD stream on a different server from the regular stream to prevent crashes. When I pay for a service I should get it or receive a refund. Fortunately I got into the stream after about an hour and a half into the event but it still shouldn't happen.


Did you actually see ANY difference between the HD and not HD stream?
Me and my 4 friends that all watched this together could not.
TyPsi5
Profile Joined May 2010
United States204 Posts
August 31 2010 11:39 GMT
#327
more players
no random seeding
jackalope
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan120 Posts
August 31 2010 12:13 GMT
#328
On August 31 2010 20:37 Proxyles wrote:


Did you actually see ANY difference between the HD and not HD stream?
Me and my 4 friends that all watched this together could not.


damn that is shady.
water in the lasers
Wargizmo
Profile Joined March 2010
1237 Posts
August 31 2010 12:15 GMT
#329
On August 31 2010 19:25 sleepingdog wrote:
people will probably not stop complaining about casters until everyone except day9 has stopped casting - then day9 decides to quit e-sports one day and LOL we are left with nothing

I can't say how much I disdain each of you who gives so much hate to everyone except day9 (I literally "can't say" because it would get me banned....); of course there is always room for improvement, but this is going way overboard and has nothing to do with constructive criticism


Yep, it seems like basically a lot of people from TL want to see Day9 and no one else. Everyone who isn't Day9 is just going to cop heavy criticism no matter who they are, be it dApollo, HD, Husky or whoever just for taking air time away from Day9.

JP has the right idea, he pretty much just gives Day9 most of the mic time adding the occasional insight or play by play but without trying to inflict his own personality on the casts, he still cops tons of criticism but not nearly as much as the others.

Husky and HD try to add a lot more of their own personalities and they get burned for it because they're not Day9.
Obstbaum
Profile Joined July 2010
Switzerland224 Posts
August 31 2010 12:18 GMT
#330
On August 30 2010 05:41 itzbrandnew wrote:
3) JP and Sean were so good together... but you know what duo would be perfect? Chill/Sean... I think I just wet myself putting those two names together like that. Make it happen.

Id love to see this one ;D

Also Totalhalibut/sean would be great!!
stylepoints
Profile Joined August 2010
Trinidad/Tobago22 Posts
August 31 2010 12:18 GMT
#331
Husky gets burned because he shrieks like a banshee when stuff happens. And it's either HD or Husky that can't pronounce zergling or zealot. And as a caster, not being able to speak properly(or without annoying people) I'd say is failing a pretty big prerequisite.

Tasteless and artosis for instance are great casters.
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
August 31 2010 12:20 GMT
#332
On August 31 2010 13:20 Usurper wrote:
All the casters except Day9 were lacking. I am really saddened if those 3 continue to be the "standing elite" of StarCraft II casters, without major improvements. Cause their blabbering sure made me facepalm all the time during the few matches i watched. The critique here is with no pun intended but if someone does get offended, i think this quote i've read on some user here, will shine bright: "People should be less concerned with whether or not they are being insulted, and more concerned with whether or not it's the truth."

Day9

He is the king of goofiness and nerdiness in casual and innocent way. He has a style and a vibe, and a vision, and he is never boring even when he is sharing his mundane thoughts that are passing through his head. He's really kind of a monolith in the StarCraft II world.

Husky

I remember watching your StarCraft I commentaries when you were starting up, and they were really fun. You fail miserably in duo though. No connection with the co-caster, fake hyping all the time and repeating things bazillion times, things like "I can't wait" blagh blagh... Besides your few sentence gems, your overall performance was far from good.

JP

This guy i noticed on the Day9 countdown party, and i can not see anything why i would like to watch this guy. I mean hes not obnoxious to watch, but he is 0 on the 0-10 entertaining scale. All he does it seems is get by Day9 with just being nerd interested in StarCraft 2. No style, no perceivable passion, no substance in the sentences. Seriously man, what are you doing in the casting world?

HD

Eewwwwww... How do i say this without you guys thinking it's misplaced angst... Oh well i'll try... You man, are seriously obnoxious to listen to. I think the reason for that i can distribute to your sleaky voice (which might be subjective thing by far), but your sentence construction is in pair with that voice. Now, i know that you might not be able to change voices or something, but i seriously will avoid your commentaries in the future.

The players in the tournament were great. Was rooting for the Protoss trio, Kiwikaki, HuK and my main favorite Socke. Darn dude, you put up a hell of a fight, i will closely watch your next appearances.

Cheers


this post needs to be called out for being fucking horrible.
manner
Snowfield
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1289 Posts
August 31 2010 12:22 GMT
#333
On August 31 2010 20:37 Proxyles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2010 19:08 Novac wrote:
As for the event in general. When it says HD I expect HD. To me this is at least 720p. I think I logged in 20 times just to make sure that I was actually watching the HD stream I had payed for. Also the way you logged into the HD stream was incredibly confusing. I don't know what it is with e-Sport sites and crappy layout and design but I cannot for the life of me figure out why the site doesn't have a dedicated streaming page made to maximize the overview of the event and separate it completely from the rest of the other events of the MLG page. The GOMtv.net page is awful in this regard as well.
Also, keep the paying customers i.e. the HD stream on a different server from the regular stream to prevent crashes. When I pay for a service I should get it or receive a refund. Fortunately I got into the stream after about an hour and a half into the event but it still shouldn't happen.


Did you actually see ANY difference between the HD and not HD stream?
Me and my 4 friends that all watched this together could not.


I didn't atleast.
stylepoints
Profile Joined August 2010
Trinidad/Tobago22 Posts
August 31 2010 12:23 GMT
#334
I don't demand a whole lot from casters honestly, I don't think many other people do either. JP is fine because he doesn't bother me. Husky and HD actively annoy me. That's why they get heat.

Is it nice to have a great caster like day9? yes. Is it required? Not at all.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
August 31 2010 12:29 GMT
#335
On August 31 2010 19:34 stylepoints wrote:
The problem is sleepingdog, that I have never heard you speak, you could even be in bronze league, and I would rather have you casting the games than husky.


I am diamond and certainly play "a bit" more than HD with his one game per week; the problem is: I have no interest in devoting my time to casting whatsoever; I'm a teaching and research assistent for law in Austria and can't spend time casting

my point is, that many people "claim" that they could do better, but apparantly everybody has better things to do - therefore we should be grateful that there are at least some who cast somewhat regularly

furthermore I get the feeling that many of you don't know how all this "casting"-stuff actually started, despite playing the ICCup for a long time; I remember the time before youtube where you just got a replay and an audio-file you could download; then the caster in the audio-file would do something like "game starting in 3-2-1" and right now you had to click "unpause" in the game; you had to move the game-view yourself so many times you didn't look at the right spot the caster was talking about; pausing, forwarding, reviewing, etc. was impossible - you would have to paus the game, alt/tab and pause the audio-file; but then they would be out of synchro

nevertheless I was still HAPPY because FINALLY there was a "voice"...somebody who would talk about the stuff that happened and explained things that were going on;
nowadays things are so much greater especially due to youtube, I can't even think how I survived back then; but instead of appreciating the rapid progress of coverage which is the main part of e-sport all people do is complain, complain, complain and complain; not contributing constructive criticism but just spelling "this, this and this sucks" in 15093715 different ways; honestly, during the casts of HD and husky I sometimes stopped reading here because all the hatred gave me stomachache

"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
stylepoints
Profile Joined August 2010
Trinidad/Tobago22 Posts
August 31 2010 12:37 GMT
#336
No see you are missing the point entirely. I don't think I could do it better, that's why I don't. I DO know however that he sucks. His voice is annoying. He sounds like someone is beating a baby with a cat. And at least find someone who can pronounce zergling and zealot to replace HD.

I don't think I could play basketball better than Nenad Krstic, but I know enough to know that he sucks at the pro level.
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
August 31 2010 12:43 GMT
#337
On August 31 2010 21:37 stylepoints wrote:
No see you are missing the point entirely. I don't think I could do it better, that's why I don't. I DO know however that he sucks. His voice is annoying. He sounds like someone is beating a baby with a cat. And at least find someone who can pronounce zergling and zealot to replace HD.

I don't think I could play basketball better than Nenad Krstic, but I know enough to know that he sucks at the pro level.


no but what "sucks" in pro basketball can be measured quantitatively. You cannot measure the "annoying"-ness of someone's voice. That's your opinion, of which you are entitled to but if you're deluded into thinking your opinion is some sort of truth, well wake the fuck up and welcome to the real world cuz you are wrong~
manner
stylepoints
Profile Joined August 2010
Trinidad/Tobago22 Posts
August 31 2010 12:47 GMT
#338
Oh I'm sure someone somewhere has done a study on what vocal ranges are the most annoying to the average human ear, making it quantitatively provable. Even ignoring the possibility of quantitative evidence, the amount of people in this very thread complaining should be evidence of something.

It reminds me of the movie Dumb and Dumber, "the most annoying sound in the world" part.

d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
August 31 2010 12:54 GMT
#339
On August 31 2010 21:47 stylepoints wrote:
Oh I'm sure someone somewhere has done a study on what vocal ranges are the most annoying to the average human ear, making it quantitatively provable. Even ignoring the possibility of quantitative evidence, the amount of people in this very thread complaining should be evidence of something.

It reminds me of the movie Dumb and Dumber, "the most annoying sound in the world" part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs


once again, i'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your opinions are not fact.

There are 144 instances of the word "husky" in this thread. I searched through all of them. They are not all negative, in fact, there seems to be a healthy balance between the two. Should the positive comments be ignored because they don't fit with your opinion? Should we go test Husky's voice to make sure it's not in your hypothetical vocal range regarding annoying voices? Or maybe it'd just be simpler to have you stfu and stop forwarding what you "know" as fact.

You're entitled to your opinion, and this thread is asking for your feedback, of which bitching is a subset. That's fine. But stop talking like you have any sort of authoritative knowledge in this situation. Thanks.
manner
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 31 2010 12:57 GMT
#340
1. Octoshape is ridiculous. "We need to track stats" is not a valid reason to use it, as every single streaming site tracks stats and somehow manages to not use Octoshape. They must be using magic.
2. Octoshape is P2P. Telling people they need to pay $10 for HD is kind of a greedy move.
3. When you offer an HD stream, make sure it's actually HD.
4.
[image loading]
5. People at the live event got to see FPV, but nobody at home did. I'd like to see some FPV every now and then.
6. Map overviews were kind of useless in the finals as all 4 commentators had already stated everything in them numerous times over the past 2 days.
7. More interviews would be great.
8. Get HuK a stool?
9. I don't know how feasible it is, but get some better chairs for the players? They are there playing all day, and even 10 minutes on one of those chairs is really uncomfortable.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O0
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason102
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16595
Mini 353
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 135
ggaemo 114
firebathero 106
Terrorterran 16
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
Gorgc6337
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift1949
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2294
fl0m1039
Beastyqt844
mouzStarbuck305
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie834
• Shiphtur257
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 50m
INu's Battles
15h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 50m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.