• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8491 users

1on1 Fatigue :( - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
harky
Profile Joined July 2010
98 Posts
July 29 2010 19:29 GMT
#61
Keep playing and it will get better. Especially once you get really used to managing a few bases. Watching videos and stuff is good, but if you keep playing the stress goes way down and the game starts to feel natural. Even the AI works. Just don't use a low difficulty one, use Hard (highest difficulty that doesn't cheat). Just play against a computer set to random and restart if you ever hit 1,000 minerals, get supply locked, or stop worker production before saturation (~20 on minerals, 3 in each gas). It will lets you concentrate on your mechanics and once you start feeling comfortable with the game itself you should find your stress level going way down and your enjoyment going way up.

If you get dissuaded from playing because you get stressed then it will never go away.
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
July 29 2010 19:30 GMT
#62
On July 30 2010 01:51 TheAngelofDeath wrote:
Nope, game's too fun, I rarely get tired, and I've gone 7 straight hours playing before.


Yes, but how long have you been playig brood war?

I find myself getting nervous and flustered mid game a lot. Scattered thoughts and whatnot.
JQL
Profile Joined July 2010
United States214 Posts
July 29 2010 19:30 GMT
#63
The game is new and we all want to be labeled with the highest rank possible therefore we're playing with the mind set of having a lot on the line with each game. After you play a little more and realize you are what you are, the game will be more relaxing. I bet most of these players complaining about fatigue wont feel anything if they play 10 games of unranked custom 1 v 1.
no way
tfmdjeff
Profile Joined June 2010
United States170 Posts
July 29 2010 19:33 GMT
#64
I take minute or two between games just to calm myself down if i have either been excited/raging in the previous game. i play terribly if i don't give myself time to cool down. so yeah, i guess that's fatigue.
TripT
Profile Joined July 2010
United States10 Posts
July 29 2010 19:59 GMT
#65
Yea, it all depends on how I am doing in a given session. If I have a 2-3 game streak going, I'm all for playing more and more...and...well more. But a loss really throws me for a loop, so after each loss I'll take a break - maybe watch a replay or grab a snack or something.
Boing. Boing. Boing. Boing.
FlamingTurd
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1059 Posts
July 29 2010 20:08 GMT
#66
I am definitely feeling very stressed after a few games as well lol... It's really crazy honestly. U just feel like u have to work so hard keeping ur APM up and making the right decisions all the time etc. Sometimes I am really thinking whether I want to play another 1v1 or not because of that lol. I didn't feel that stress in SC1 like I do now haha. I'm in diamond but I don't feel like I'm so worried about stats it's just the stress!!
Nerf MMMT!!! Liquid`Ret Hwaiting!!!
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
July 29 2010 20:18 GMT
#67
i always feel the jitters before a game and a few minutes into it, if i see a map or match up that i dont like (pvp) but after it starts i just get to into the game to worry/care about winning. when i play friends though in custom Bo3 i always get really into those games and never want to lose :p but its ok if i do i just need to stomp them next time to get some pride back
shammythefox
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom286 Posts
July 29 2010 22:34 GMT
#68
if you smoke, have a smoke.

If not, have a cup of tea.

I used to get this on other games when i was younger, both these work wonders
theBullFrog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States515 Posts
July 29 2010 23:40 GMT
#69
write things down, it will help remove some burden on your mind after games.
thebullfrog
Dionyseus
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States2068 Posts
July 29 2010 23:42 GMT
#70
On July 30 2010 01:35 Zoltan wrote:
This is pretty common, i think. I will spam 3-4 games and then take a 15 minute break and do some pushups and get a snack. Also, if i lost any of those games I try to watch the replay. Staying calm and focused is key to winning for me.


This, except I usally watch the replays I win instead of the ones I lose lol.
9/5/10 P acct: NA D 10,683 651pts 69w56L http://sc2ranks.com/char/us/290365/LetoAtreides T acct: NA D 16,137 553pts 70w67L http://sc2ranks.com/char/us/1560008/Khrone Z: NA G 16,058 465pts 28w26L http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1997354/Omnius
uniquee
Profile Joined May 2010
Latvia16 Posts
July 29 2010 23:45 GMT
#71
I'm not that extreme, but I certainly "dodge" 1v1 more just because it's semi-stressful. I'm a perfectionist so losses when all stakes are on me, make me feel like sheet.
meow
news
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
892 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 23:47:46
July 29 2010 23:46 GMT
#72
On July 30 2010 07:34 shammythefox wrote:
if you smoke, have a smoke.

If not, have a cup of tea.

I used to get this on other games when i was younger, both these work wonders


Back in a day I used to pack a lip, a very nasty habit but I played like I was on meth, kept really high concentration too. Used to fly through games.

It's disgusting and harmful though
"Althought it sounds sexism, and probably is, given the right context, we cannot classify the statement itself as a sexist statement by itself," - evanthebouncy!
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
July 29 2010 23:55 GMT
#73
Whenever I don't play for an extended period of time (phase 1- phase 2 and phase 2-launch) I get extremely fatigued/nervous playing each game. However, once I started losing some games and playing 4-5 games in a row, I don't feel nearly feel as fatigued.
Red7z7
Profile Joined March 2010
United States74 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-30 00:14:09
July 30 2010 00:11 GMT
#74
I'll copy paste my post from this other thread, about rage after losses. It's relevant:

In RTS, if you have the wrong mindset during a game then you'll basically be building up tension for 15 minutes. If you end up losing the game quickly at the end it's like a shock to your system and that tension will become anger.

I used to find myself extremely tense after playing, especially if the game was close or if I was losing. Even if I won, I would be trembling and my heart rate would be really high. This made it hard to play continuously throughought the day because it simply would be taxing my health to be on edge for that many hours. If I played before I went to bed then I would get nightmares just because my heartrate was too high before I slept.

Some things I've found to help reduce tension:
-Never expect to win a game. Expecting to win is pretty silly in the first place, since there is no way you can win every game, but it also is the primary source for anger when you lose a game. When the game starts I always remind myself that I'm playing to play my best, not playing to get a win. If you start losing games it becomes really tempting to try to play just for a win, but you have to resist that.

-Make it a goal to reach some number of losses. I don't mean try to lose. you should still try to play your best, but make a tally of your losses and see if you can reach some limit. Losses are your most valuable tool, and if you can appreciate them then you probably won't get as angry. Your number of losses is a great indicator of how much experience you have.

-Make the game a more social experience. This means play with a friend nearby, or be on ventrilo so you can vent the tension by talking during each game. Or play against a friend. That's the best. It really puts the "seriousness" of the game in perspective.

-Only play for appropriate blocks of time. For me, its like an hour and a half. I play like 4 games and then take a break for at least an hour doing something else. This way you don't get too attached to the game.

-Play some music in the background. This works wonders for keeping you calm during the game.

-Have a mental plan for every scenario. The times I find my adrenaline rushing are when something I don't expect happens, like an all-in rush, a drop, or suddenly losing a battle I thought I could win. If you expect these things to happen before they do, its tremendously easier to stay calm.

-Scout actively. This is entirely related the previous point. You will feel so much more comfortable if you know what the opponent is up to. Even if you see you're losing, then at least you will be able to accept that fact ahead of time rather than getting overwhelmed all at once later on, which will probably make your heartrate skyrocket and make you rage.

Hope this helps :D
o hai thar
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
July 30 2010 00:19 GMT
#75
Use the search function [image loading]
brood war for life, brood war forever
Hengen
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland51 Posts
July 30 2010 06:18 GMT
#76
It is pretty expected that player will feel tired and exhausted after few games. Naturally, playing more will eventually raise the bar how much one can handle.

If we compare SC2 mental activity to studying, research implies that most effective way to study would be to have 45min series of studying with 10-15min break. Reason for this is that studying is mentally taxing and requires a lot of focus. SC2 requires constant extreme focus, if you want to play at your best performance. Thus, in order to keep this level of performance, break after every few games would be preferable to get little rest for the brains

Add the requirement of intense physical activity of the hand movement coordination and you have the exhaustion soup ready. I wouldn't worry being tired after few games straight, because it is really intense if you have full concentration.

I would imagine that general fitness is a great help to sustain more games straight at high performance, but there's still that mental burden all the time. Also, learning game more will create "mind maps" for your gameplay, which are sort of shortcuts to complex concepts. These mind maps will eventually reduce the mental burden, without losing complexity of tasks. If you have drivers license you might be familiar with this effect. First, it is really hard to keep in mind all the glutch usage, gear switches, looking the road, watching mirrors, watching for relevant road signs and otherwise be aware of environment. In time, with more driving experience, most of this becomes automated and it will be much easier for the concentration.
www.casualbase.com provides program schedule and VoD archive for Starcraft 2 related programs.
e4e5nf3
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada599 Posts
July 30 2010 06:24 GMT
#77
I find that the first couple minutes at the start of the game really eases my nerves after a stressful game. So calm and peaceful. Ahh... happy thoughts.

Oh shit, he's proxy cannoning me!!!!!
King takes Queen
MIKE HUTN EASY
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada35 Posts
July 30 2010 06:31 GMT
#78
question you say you've played 35 games and that you can't play 10 1v1's a day, doesn't make sense as the games been out for well only 2 days now but the end of the second day so say 3 still more than a day, i dont get it.
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and im all out of......... ah forget it
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
July 30 2010 06:34 GMT
#79
I have the exact same problem as OP and i still played Brood War on and off from the release up untill now, the last two years i played pretty seriously too.

I still can't shake the nervousness, frustrating as hell.
We make signature, then defense it.
Sokalo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States375 Posts
July 30 2010 06:36 GMT
#80
Two things tend to trigger this experience for me:

Information overload - I'm sure I'm not the only one who came home after their first day on a job and just dropped dead.

Nerves - I used to get this way with sports, and then later games. It was really just a fear of losing or embarrassing myself. Sooner or later you get comfortable and it stops happening. If I ever start to feel it again I usually recognize it for what it is, put on the brakes, and change my mindset.

To repeat what others have already said, the first is just a matter of getting a little more experience, the second is solved by preventing yourself from worrying about inconsequential short term results. Failure is a learning experience.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1488
WardiTV948
OGKoka 247
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 247
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7924
Bisu 1984
Shuttle 1050
Horang2 705
Larva 512
Stork 465
EffOrt 422
BeSt 392
actioN 264
Mini 250
[ Show more ]
Mind 124
Zeus 95
910 92
Snow 75
Barracks 65
Sea.KH 57
Mong 56
Shinee 52
hero 48
JYJ 45
ToSsGirL 35
Light 35
sorry 32
Bale 29
Killer 28
Shine 24
Sexy 23
Aegong 21
HiyA 18
Yoon 17
zelot 16
soO 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 11
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5081
qojqva2439
Dendi1132
febbydoto28
Counter-Strike
fl0m2697
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko465
Other Games
singsing2861
hiko988
B2W.Neo849
Livibee442
TKL 418
XBOCT269
Hui .221
Liquid`VortiX209
XaKoH 187
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 24
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2966
• Jankos2211
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 34m
Replay Cast
8h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.