• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:01
CEST 00:01
KST 07:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9156 users

1on1 Fatigue :( - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
HardcoreBilly
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States222 Posts
July 29 2010 17:45 GMT
#41
Jesus, it seems like the majority of the Starcraft community don't even have fun playing the game. Relax, just play for fun.
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
July 29 2010 17:51 GMT
#42
Are you fucking kidding me? I must have lost 15 pounds sweating my ass off during Beta. I just can't bring myself to intentionally suck and lose games I could have easily won, just to keep casually playing against noobs.

I'm going to get into Diamond and its going to kill me.
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
July 29 2010 17:53 GMT
#43
sounds dumb but i only get tired of it after winning some, when losing i get motivated <:
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
July 29 2010 17:54 GMT
#44
On July 30 2010 02:45 HardcoreBilly wrote:
Jesus, it seems like the majority of the Starcraft community don't even have fun playing the game. Relax, just play for fun.


For some of us its fun because its hard (that's what she said) and we just can't play badly. I won't send my army at my opponent and not micro it. I won't not build Probes because I want to suck. I won't send my force at an army that I know is going to beat it. I can't do it. Momma didn't raise no RTS newbie.

If I need a break from the insanity, I'll play some team games, some games against my friends (with a collossal handicap set up) or some custom maps or something.
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 17:56:59
July 29 2010 17:55 GMT
#45
Competetive starcraft is very hard to deal with chemically (as day9 would say) It really takes a big toll on your body, I personally came from a CS backround (So many seasons of cevo) and just the fact that you're with 4 other players really takes away alot of the stresses of competition. In starcraft. for the most part, you're all alone. There is much more weighing on you than in any team oriented game. The sheer amount of chemicals your body produces for many, is too much to deal with and they must take frequent breaks. You really have to just enjoy playing the game and force yourself to keep going and keep enjoying. If you're feeling overwhelmed watch some of your replays and then get right back at it. Do not be afraid of losing, and after every loss think of what you learned, and be comfortable with the game because of what you learned.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
FrontalMonkey
Profile Joined February 2010
United States90 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 18:00:36
July 29 2010 17:56 GMT
#46
I've gone through campaign, played some custom maps, played some challenge maps and done...1 of my placement matches for 1v1. Why? Because I get anxiety about it. I worry so much about whether I'll win or lose, but when I'm actually in the game that wears off quick. For me, it's less about actually playing the game and more about the anxiety of committing yourself to the win or lose, all or nothing slugfest of 1v1. Once you just hit the button and get matched, quite a bit of that goes away. IMO, once you've had a 5 minute break go and hit the match button and stand near or around your computer so you can hear when a match is found, but don't actually sit at your computer until that happens. it'll help ease a bit of the tension, I think.

EDIT: Also another thing to note is that "the shakes", and all the other chemicals people are talking about is largely adrenaline. Be conscious about it and don't let it rule you.
Believe in me who believes in you
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
July 29 2010 17:58 GMT
#47
On July 30 2010 02:55 Phayze wrote:
Competetive starcraft is very hard to deal with chemically (as day9 would say) It really takes a big toll on your body, I personally came from a CS backround (So many seasons of cevo) and just the fact that you're with 4 other players really takes away alot of the stresses of competition. In starcraft. for the most part, you're all alone. There is much more weighing on you than in any team oriented game. The sheer amount of chemicals your body produces for many, is too much to deal with and they must take frequent breaks.


That makes sense. Adrenaline and glucose really take their toll.
Jaeng
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada110 Posts
July 29 2010 18:02 GMT
#48
On July 30 2010 02:58 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2010 02:55 Phayze wrote:
Competetive starcraft is very hard to deal with chemically (as day9 would say) It really takes a big toll on your body, I personally came from a CS backround (So many seasons of cevo) and just the fact that you're with 4 other players really takes away alot of the stresses of competition. In starcraft. for the most part, you're all alone. There is much more weighing on you than in any team oriented game. The sheer amount of chemicals your body produces for many, is too much to deal with and they must take frequent breaks.


That makes sense. Adrenaline and glucose really take their toll.



What competitive CS team did you play for?
Caponed
Profile Joined July 2010
United States46 Posts
July 29 2010 18:10 GMT
#49
The day this came out I had never played an RTS before, so i expected to get steamrolled then dumped into bronze. I actually won 1 of 5 placements though, so that was cool. Anyways, I was about 25% winning in bronze for a while, did some studying, then came back. I'm currently on a 5 game win streak and in silver, but I cant muster up the courage to play because of fear of losing. Silver league is srs bsns. Also, every time I watch the replays, I see that the opponent did something stupid like not rally his probes to the minerals. Even worse is I watch myself being stupid, amassing 2000 minerals. Then I'm like man, if I hit this play button my mind will soon be racing at a million thoughts a minute, and theres a good chance I'll get pwned because of all these mistakes I'm making. Then I go play a custom game.
Baerinho
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany257 Posts
July 29 2010 18:17 GMT
#50
i had that all the time when i started to play BW like 12 months ago,a nd also in the beta at first, but since my skill rose to lowest diamond, i dont have that issue anymore, feels like learning to drive, once you are fine with the mechanics you do them automaticly(lets say viewing in the mirror and wathcing minimap), which frees alot of your "thinking" time up for other stuff to do,
FrontalMonkey
Profile Joined February 2010
United States90 Posts
July 29 2010 18:19 GMT
#51
On July 30 2010 03:10 Caponed wrote:
The day this came out I had never played an RTS before, so i expected to get steamrolled then dumped into bronze. I actually won 1 of 5 placements though, so that was cool. Anyways, I was about 25% winning in bronze for a while, did some studying, then came back. I'm currently on a 5 game win streak and in silver, but I cant muster up the courage to play because of fear of losing. Silver league is srs bsns. Also, every time I watch the replays, I see that the opponent did something stupid like not rally his probes to the minerals. Even worse is I watch myself being stupid, amassing 2000 minerals. Then I'm like man, if I hit this play button my mind will soon be racing at a million thoughts a minute, and theres a good chance I'll get pwned because of all these mistakes I'm making. Then I go play a custom game.


I'm likely in a similar position, although I haven't finished my placements I was bronze in beta. One trick that day[9] always says is to try not to worry so much about losing...it's not as "all or nothing" as your brain makes it out to be since you still learn from your losses (arguably better than your victories), and the system is designed for you to lose as often as you win.

Also a trick I learned for managing your money is if you're staying on top of your macro and you're massing minerals is to throw down a couple more raxes/gateways/whathaveyou. if your unit production isn't eating up your resources, then you need more unit production. worry about teching less unless you see your opponent going air and you went marauders or something.
Believe in me who believes in you
dexus
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada32 Posts
July 29 2010 18:43 GMT
#52
When you get that feeling, you need to focus your mind on something different!

* Learn a new strategy
* Watch a professional replay
* Read some TL posts

The point of this is to absorb some new information that will reinforce in your mind that you are the fucking man, and destroy everybody in your path. Confidence is key, and it will keep you calm during your games.

If you ever played hockey competitively, do you ever remember watching Rock'em Sock'em videos right before your games to get pumped up? The above is the same idea!
Powster
Profile Joined April 2010
United States650 Posts
July 29 2010 18:48 GMT
#53
If your just starting then your obviously not going to be very good.. just accept that your going to lose. Just try your best and if you lose figure out what went wrong. Eventually you will learn from your losses meaning your improving so the better you get the less "fatigue" you will feel since you will always be knowing whats going to happen from the repetition of doing the same things over and over from previous games. I never concentrate much or anything.. since I never played starcraft/warcraft I went into the beta expecting to do horrible. I did better than expected and improved fast.. so when I got to diamond I was still expecting to lose often.. and I did but kept improving making it up to top 10 diamond where I was still expecting to lose to people who have been playing forever..

Although I get nervous in tournaments sometimes lol..
Rokit5
Profile Joined April 2010
236 Posts
July 29 2010 18:57 GMT
#54
I feel the same way. I can only be concentratet for a few couple of 1o1 games, however, if i play 2o2 i can keep on playing for hours wihtout being fatigue. I guess its due to the fact that i can just mass stalkers/sentry/immortal every 2o2 game
Win.win
Profile Joined March 2010
United States230 Posts
July 29 2010 19:11 GMT
#55
On July 30 2010 01:32 SimpleHarmonicMotion wrote:
(Oh and feel free to bash me too, I don't mind.)

well it's because you're a weak noob! nah jk, take some time off and then keep practicing
SC2 Team Inflow: http://inflowgaming.net/
Caponed
Profile Joined July 2010
United States46 Posts
July 29 2010 19:16 GMT
#56
On July 30 2010 03:57 Rokit5 wrote:
I feel the same way. I can only be concentratet for a few couple of 1o1 games, however, if i play 2o2 i can keep on playing for hours wihtout being fatigue. I guess its due to the fact that i can just mass stalkers/sentry/immortal every 2o2 game


I'm the same way. When I play 1v1 I play around 1 game an hour. 2v2 I'm playing 2-3 games an hour, with no breaks in between. I like the feeling of "we're in this together." I don't like 2v2 with randoms though, because you don't know their skill level and you aren't comfortable knowing whether you are doing everything yourself, or your partner is doing everything himself. I play 2v2 with someone much better than me, so he can run around and do what he pleases while I can comfortably do what I need to do.
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 19:20:13
July 29 2010 19:19 GMT
#57
Once you play more the anxiety associated with the pressure of intense games goes away and you just get the rewarding rush. If you don't feel like playing don't, you can watch replays, play with friends, explore the campaign, whore TL.net, watch other people play etc. etc. You don't need to play lots of games if you don't feel like it... lol
skipdog172
Profile Joined June 2010
United States331 Posts
July 29 2010 19:20 GMT
#58
This happens to me but it isn't because of nervousness or anything like that.

It is just from so much thinking. That is all SC2 is... a mental game of remembering, remembering, remembering.

After ~8-10 games in a row I am just mentally drained and need a little break before I can continue. I get the same feeling after playing a day-long Warhammer 40k or Magic: the Gathering tournament. SC2 seems to really force my brain to do a lot of thinking in a very short timeframe. When I slow down my thinking, I just lose. It is far too easy to forget about your mental checklist when your brain is just "tired".

Part of it might be that I get a tiny bit of adrenaline in many of my games though...I'm not sure if its really adrenaline though. Sometimes after a game I'll just be so wound up and I'll be able to keep playing with a lot of focus. Other times, my brain is just screaming for a break and I need to go have a smoke break before continuing on.

I was never much into 1v1 RTS games before and I'm kinda pissed that I never got too much into SCBW. Never have I played any game that gets my heart pumping and hands shaking like SC2 does. I love it.
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
July 29 2010 19:21 GMT
#59
On July 30 2010 02:51 Bibdy wrote:
Are you fucking kidding me? I must have lost 15 pounds sweating my ass off during Beta. I just can't bring myself to intentionally suck and lose games I could have easily won, just to keep casually playing against noobs.

I'm going to get into Diamond and its going to kill me.


Relaxing would help your play. Take your time, think clearly, analyze your losses, and make mental notes of what you need to improve. Getting into diamond is less important than developing strong fundamentals imo.
General-Gouda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States45 Posts
July 29 2010 19:28 GMT
#60
It's no different than getting used to playing in FPS games for the first time. I liken playing StarCraft on a ladder to gearing up for a ladder match in CS or COD. When you're done your TIRED because you literally put your whole body into the experience in your first few matches.

After a while you get used to it and it doesn't bug you as much. It's just another game and you calm down, think rationally, don't make as many mistakes. Practice makes perfect!
The Duck goes, "Quack!" The Cow goes, "MOO!" The Ultralisk goes, "OMNOMNOMNOM!"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
SpeCial 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 216
MaD[AoV]32
910 21
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4128
Fnx 597
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox433
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4248
Liquid`Hasu563
Other Games
summit1g6970
FrodaN642
C9.Mang0228
JuggernautJason34
Trikslyr2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21461
Other Games
• Shiphtur803
• imaqtpie756
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 59m
Patches Events
17h 59m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.