• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8276 users

1on1 Fatigue :( - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Toxigen
Profile Joined July 2010
United States390 Posts
July 29 2010 16:52 GMT
#21
There's a lot of good advice here, but this is probably the most valuable:
... Staying calm and focused is key to winning for me ...

I used to get so nervous when playing 1 on 1's in SC1 that I'd get the shakes sometimes. I even got them when playing FPS games and PvP in WoW... pretty much any time I'd be facing off against a human opponent. It would actually get worse when I was winning.

It doesn't happen anymore. The reason is that I've played so, so much in each game that the anxiety over losing games goes away. Just keep playing!

I'm not sure who hasn't seen the KOTB, so I'll spoiler this next part.
+ Show Spoiler +
If you saw the KOTB interview with IdrA, he discussed towards the end how people always freak out when a pro loses in an upset match, but there are any number of reasons a better player can lose. He can be having a bad day, he was just unlucky and missed the hidden spire/factory/dark shrine when he scouted, etc.


The point is, don't be afraid of losing games or temporarily dropping down a league. Remember that you're playing to get better, not to have an impressive win/loss ratio. Nobody cares if you're 70-30 but only know how to bunker rush. And don't be afraid to lose! How else would you know where you need room for improvement?
kAz3
Profile Joined July 2010
United States56 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 16:54:12
July 29 2010 16:52 GMT
#22
On July 30 2010 01:44 Lazix wrote:
I think the cure is conditioning. Just mass game and you'll adapt to it.


this. Just play A LOT of games, and the nervous feeling goes away, and you can just concentrate on playing well. Remember that losing is just a way of improving. If you lose, you should always go look at the replay to see what you could have done better. Once you accept that you will not win every game you play, it becomes a lot easier.
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
July 29 2010 16:53 GMT
#23
OP, I have the same thing.
I can only play 4 games maximum before I have to stop.
It's completely normal. Massing games improves your skill but fully concentrating in a single game and then watching the replay will also significantly improve your skill so don't think you're at a disadvantage because you're not.
Doomrok
Profile Joined April 2010
United States38 Posts
July 29 2010 16:53 GMT
#24
I had this problem with Warcraft 3 and Starcraft big time but for some reason don't have this problem at all with SC2. I didn't do anything special other than not play RTS games from the time WoW came out until SC2 beta. I think that it is mental. My mindset now is much different than way back in the day when I would get frustrated every time I lose.

A loss (since I only play Random, I was Orc in WC3 and Zerg in BW) is just a lesson on how to beat someone next time so it doesn't feel as bad. Playing Random owns.
http://www.danrok.com/stats/profile/1/ - Win/Loss Breakdown by Race and Map
Maginor
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway505 Posts
July 29 2010 16:56 GMT
#25
There is a new thread on this every month, so I think it is a pretty common problem.
cAsaLocoS
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom70 Posts
July 29 2010 16:56 GMT
#26
I think it's easy to go defensive when u feel anxious in game- I focus on my macro and scouting which helps me concentrate

Try massage therapy or a pedicure (no homo!!)
''He's gonna blink about as much as a guy with no eyelids''- Tasteless
Belegorm
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States330 Posts
July 29 2010 16:58 GMT
#27
It was much worse for me in BW on iccup (I actually started shivering some times and would rarely go more than 1-2 games at a time) but I'm a good bit calmer with SC2. I still have to get over this mental block completely though, I sometimes find it hard to just go and play the game and I haven't even finished my placement matches (I'm 3-0 currently, so it's worse because I don't want to mess up my streak).

I know I basically just need to mass game to get over this, get more comfortable with the builds I use, make my own builds, concentrate on making macro something I do naturally and making spamming something I do naturally.

Also, someone said that this problem usually ends around the 200 1v1 game mark. 3 down, 197 to go
MUM GIVE ME SOME SCISSORS!!!
-HellZerg-
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 17:03:51
July 29 2010 17:00 GMT
#28
Scout more often when you are playing. Trust me. All that nervousness comes from the fear that you don't know what your opponent is doing at some short time frames of the game. When you recognize your opponent's intentions, then you have more time to react and play according to your opponent's strategies. Don't be afraid to send 2 or 3 scouting units to check when your opponent attacks you or does a hidden expo. Also, don't be too emotional about playing 1v1 games. Focus on good strategies, tactics, and keyboard and mouse mechanics.
We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
The Nightwatchman
Profile Joined May 2010
22 Posts
July 29 2010 17:07 GMT
#29
Increased heart rates are generally a good thing.

Get up from your chair every couple games and do something else for a few minutes.
The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
July 29 2010 17:07 GMT
#30
The fewer games you play, the worse the feeling gets. It's partly because of the "sacredness" of each game. If you play 5 games a night, losing any game is losing 20% of your entire day's games. That's a lot of pressure. If you play 20 games a night, then losing any game is losing 5% of your entire day's games.

That's the basic rudimentary logic behind why more games solves this issue. Eventually you will realize that it's just ladder and you're as good as you think you are. You'll stop putting pressure on yourself to overachieve and be something you're not and concentrate more on just accepting yourself and improving your faults.

Once you reach that sort of zen, you're golden.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
July 29 2010 17:08 GMT
#31
I used to get tired like that dude but the trick is variety:

1. take a 5 minute break for a glass of water and a bit of TV

2. watch a replay real quick

3. Play a diff game type (4v4-FFA-custom)

4. Try and Gold your challenges

5. Check out your achievements and set goals for your next game

6. work on your profile

After aboot 2-4 games I do something diff for a bit, then i slaughter some more xD
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
muzzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States640 Posts
July 29 2010 17:09 GMT
#32
I had this problem with Warcraft 3 for a long time. Actually, never completely subsided. Very nervous playing 1v1.

Starcraft 2 I don't get nervous playing, but it is very mentally taxing, and I can only do 3-4 games in a row before I need a rest. If it's one of those marathon 30 minute back and forth games, I definitely need a break afterwards.
Jaeng
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada110 Posts
July 29 2010 17:11 GMT
#33
I think it depends on what race you are; if you are focused mainly on one race then you may get fatigued earlier then say going random.

I found when i used to just use zerg in the beta i could only play couple games, now that I go random its pretty much a dif build order everygame, which keeps it entertaining.
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
July 29 2010 17:17 GMT
#34
Happens all the time.. I'll play 2-3 games and I'm spent. I'll turn to something like WoW to relax lol.
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
Hedos
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada9 Posts
July 29 2010 17:23 GMT
#35
I feel the exact time. I'm hoping that as I play more it will go away, because I really need to take a lot of breaks right now when laddering.

One thing that I find works really well, though, is to alternate with a friend while playing at his house. After every game, we switch seat and watch the other play his one game. I find that I can keep going almost forever when doing this.
Dinn
Profile Joined May 2010
United States66 Posts
July 29 2010 17:24 GMT
#36
Only if I lose like, 5 in a row yea.. But generally no. Having too much fun.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
July 29 2010 17:32 GMT
#37
I can play 4-5 five games then I need a break. Usually if I win I will continue to play on, if I lose I just sit back and watch the replays.
Terran
silver_fox
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada243 Posts
July 29 2010 17:34 GMT
#38
On July 30 2010 01:56 Maginor wrote:
There is a new thread on this every month, so I think it is a pretty common problem.


haha its good so players can relate and know that they aren't the only ones... kind of like a support group.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
July 29 2010 17:40 GMT
#39
hehe, I played 34 solo matches in a row. Reason: I got super angry because I lost 2 of my placement matches due some cheese. After getting placed in silver I am now finally arrived in Diamond...
thecasual
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada19 Posts
July 29 2010 17:45 GMT
#40
Sweat is dripping from your forehead
Heart is racing at 130 beats per minute
Doubts swarm your thoughts like a parasite
Fatigue sets in and the sweet embrace of failure beckons
Then in one clairvoyant moment
You realize why you do what you do
For the love of the game.


This will remove all jitters
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 18m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.