• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:02
CEST 16:02
KST 23:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6558 users

Starcraft 2 to get 3D support in patch - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
FC.Strike
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States621 Posts
July 03 2010 18:45 GMT
#21
Sometimes I think, "Hey I wonder how video games will be in 25 years when I'm my parents' age." It's cool to see games progressing in these interesting directions.
--------------------------> My Smiley Face Disagrees, Your Argument is Invalid -------------------------->
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
July 03 2010 18:48 GMT
#22
Never see the point in 3D. But whatever. Have fun 3D supporters.
Life is Good.
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
July 03 2010 18:50 GMT
#23
On July 04 2010 03:45 Zzoram wrote:
The most interesting thing about this information is that Blizzard is committed to graphics updates to the game over time. They must really want this game to last as long as Broodwar did.

With the whole episodic release thing they're definitely pushing for a long lasting game, I hope they aren't bullshitting when they talk about graphical updates.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
July 03 2010 18:52 GMT
#24
Who really cares about the 3D gimmick? I already have to wear glasses to play games, I don't want to bother with a second set.

It is good to hear that they will be supporting graphical updates on top of all the balance/content updates too. I wish a bunch of older games had done that, Brood War included.
Ecto
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark54 Posts
July 03 2010 18:54 GMT
#25
There's basically no chance I'll use 3D in multiplayer, but I imagine it would be way cool to play the sp campaign in 3D for an extra cinematic feel
My unicorn is not a unicorn. It is a donkey with a plunger stuck to its face.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
July 03 2010 18:54 GMT
#26
I just got 3D features with a video card update a couple months ago. Just need glasses to play in 3D (better give me a pair of hydra 3D glasses out of the box)
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
OPSavioR
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1465 Posts
July 03 2010 18:56 GMT
#27
Will be fun to crush all noobs who buy this game CAUSE ITS 3D!!!!!
i dunno lol
ghosthunter
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States414 Posts
July 03 2010 19:07 GMT
#28
Because the people who work on graphics are clearly the same ones who work on Bnet infastructure.

But I digress, because that's just logical.

I'm not sure how I feel about the "3D" revolution". I'll have to see what it looks like (At Blizzcon, probably) before I'll know whether I like it or not.

Oh, and thanks for the info about forcing AA, that's actually useful to me.
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
July 03 2010 19:09 GMT
#29
On July 04 2010 03:41 spinesheath wrote:
I think my nVidia driver on my desktop PC already has SC2 listed as 3D compatible. I'm not sure what the process is to get a game into that list, but if Blizz had anything to do with that then the 3D support probably was planned a long time ago.

Imo 3D hardware/technology is not yet suited for heavy usage, but the more games/movies start using it, the more likely it is for improvements to be made. SC2 definitely will help boost the development for the platform PC.


nVidia is Blizzards partner

I agree with you, 3D makes my head hurt
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
m.Zee
Profile Joined May 2010
United States11 Posts
July 03 2010 19:14 GMT
#30
This 3D trend happening with all the consoles lately has to be the largest gaming gimmick release of all time. Definitely note worthy in the legacy of gaming history, but for better or worse, nobody can say yet.
johngalt90
Profile Joined May 2010
United States357 Posts
July 03 2010 19:14 GMT
#31
no 3d here but +1 blizzard, think its great
just picture all the koreans spectating a match with 3D glasses on... and i didnt think it could get any goofier lol!
fuck the haters
peawok
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States71 Posts
July 03 2010 19:21 GMT
#32
Now if only they gave us the power to control Zerg with our mind......
Easy772
Profile Joined May 2010
374 Posts
July 03 2010 19:24 GMT
#33
On July 04 2010 03:25 m00n wrote:
I'm hoping for 2D graphic support


Same lol.. Just so I can play on my work PC. . Wonder if they would notice if I installed a graphics card
"The best way to improve is to play one matchup on one map doing one strategy.. if you are good at one strategy you are a good player, if you are okay at many strategies you are an okay player at best" -Day[9] 181
Polar_Nada
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States1548 Posts
July 03 2010 19:25 GMT
#34
"in just a few weeks" sounds so close...but still so far away!
[ReD]NaDa and fnaticMSI.SEn fighting~! ::POlar @ UC Irvine::
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 03 2010 19:27 GMT
#35
Must say I don't like 3D at all but the news of graphics updates throughout the early lifespan of the game sounds quite promising.
Leeoku
Profile Joined May 2010
1617 Posts
July 03 2010 19:35 GMT
#36
3d games?? no thanks. i dont want a nydus worm to pop in my face spitting zerglings at me making me realize that it isnt real and i gota destroy the worm 10 seconds later
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
July 03 2010 19:36 GMT
#37
In the future I see masses of korean kids wearing 3-d glasses to hide their identity...
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
July 03 2010 19:37 GMT
#38
Viewing replays online with friends just got pushed back another year.

"Priorities".
Ndugu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1078 Posts
July 03 2010 19:40 GMT
#39
For the life of me I can't picture how Starcraft II would look in 3D.

3D requires a 120 hz monitor, btw? I'll be in the market for a new monitor soon and have a 470 GTX, so might as well grab a 3D-capable monitor if I can. Some guys, such as Team Fortress 2, I can't picture looking anything but great in 3D-- and some say it helps your depth perception.
Radiomouse
Profile Joined November 2009
Netherlands209 Posts
July 03 2010 19:41 GMT
#40
On July 04 2010 04:07 ghosthunter wrote:
Because the people who work on graphics are clearly the same ones who work on Bnet infastructure.

But I digress, because that's just logical.

I'm not sure how I feel about the "3D" revolution". I'll have to see what it looks like (At Blizzcon, probably) before I'll know whether I like it or not.

Oh, and thanks for the info about forcing AA, that's actually useful to me.


Because the money they spend on the extra graphic people to make this happen couldn't be spent on people working on usefull/basic functionality of bnet2.0

It would be very suprising to hear that blizzard doesn't have a budget for this game and that all these "extra" features that they're releasing isn't being payed out of said budget.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3180
Jaedong 2882
Leta 2283
Soulkey 1913
EffOrt 1077
Soma 715
Mini 527
Horang2 374
BeSt 315
Light 300
[ Show more ]
Stork 270
Rush 262
Larva 229
Snow 195
ggaemo 155
hero 128
Killer 120
Barracks 111
Zeus 106
firebathero 99
JYJ 98
Sea.KH 67
Mong 62
Sharp 42
Shinee 37
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Aegong 28
sorry 20
zelot 20
Sexy 18
Shine 12
Rock 12
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 8
Sacsri 7
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6873
qojqva1400
Dendi759
XaKoH 397
Counter-Strike
Fnx 606
kRYSTAL_97
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4392
Khaldor210
Other Games
gofns45440
singsing1711
olofmeister1259
B2W.Neo863
byalli573
Lowko393
DeMusliM195
mouzStarbuck168
Liquid`VortiX146
Livibee123
OGKoka 90
ArmadaUGS84
amsayoshi14
Railgan9
Chillindude8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV327
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV368
League of Legends
• Nemesis1845
• Jankos1715
• TFBlade390
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 58m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.