• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:37
CEST 23:37
KST 06:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11391 users

[D][Map] Mimic AI - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
TzTz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany511 Posts
June 15 2010 13:14 GMT
#21
can you play mimic ai on faster somehow :-/
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-15 13:28:59
June 15 2010 13:27 GMT
#22
Anyone knows where is this trigger editor?

nevermind found it
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
GiveMeFace
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom86 Posts
June 15 2010 13:46 GMT
#23
Go into options > gameplay tab and change it to faster.
King Waiting To Be Crowned
SensFaiL
Profile Joined June 2009
United States98 Posts
June 15 2010 14:34 GMT
#24
Is this going to function properly if I just drag the map onto the sc2 launcher to load it up?
The strong will live, the weak will die
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
June 15 2010 14:41 GMT
#25
This I like!
Reminds me of how deep blue worked. Would be sick if we in a while will be able to have AI that utilize a database of replays to choose strategies based on your play!
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
TzTz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany511 Posts
June 15 2010 14:44 GMT
#26
Somehow this AI never attacks me... Only one out of 30 games i ever got attacked. I went double Fast expand and the AI had 30 zerglings but did nothing with them :-/
Iwbhs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States195 Posts
June 15 2010 17:34 GMT
#27
TzTz you realize that you need to brutally rape a very easy computer ai like, once or twice right?
Everyone loves Milano cookies.
lovewithlea
Profile Joined March 2010
168 Posts
June 15 2010 19:53 GMT
#28
how do i set this to 1on1 and not random?
Manbear
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada306 Posts
June 15 2010 23:16 GMT
#29
On June 16 2010 04:53 lovewithlea wrote:
how do i set this to 1on1 and not random?


You can go into Map> Player Properties and from there change anything from what race you or the computer spawns as where you spawn and how many players there are
TzTz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany511 Posts
June 15 2010 23:40 GMT
#30
On June 16 2010 02:34 Iwbhs wrote:
TzTz you realize that you need to brutally rape a very easy computer ai like, once or twice right?


I beat it like 15 times already... Still something doesn't seem to work with the way it handles attacking...
thezergk
Profile Joined October 2009
United States492 Posts
June 16 2010 01:54 GMT
#31
Is there any way to play this on a MAC? I loaded it up with the MapCraft thing and all it does it make it a ffa with 2 terrans and 1 zerg. I told it to -save and when i restarted it was the exact same thing.
Nada vs. TLO Results: "Nada 1 TLO 1 Bnet 2 KESPA 1"
jkim54
Profile Joined May 2010
16 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 03:24:00
June 16 2010 03:06 GMT
#32
I have to agree with TzTz. i feel like the AI never attacks and its too easy. Does it get any harder after a while? I've done 10 games, but don't feel like playing more if its always going to be this easy.


also, is there anyway to play green tea on a mac?
lovewithlea
Profile Joined March 2010
168 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 10:14:31
June 16 2010 10:13 GMT
#33
is there any folder i need copy anything? i dont get it i managed to play 1on1 on kulas, and the ai mimiced my first game after that the ai started to sit there building 2 drones and then doing nothing the next 5 games :/
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
June 16 2010 12:53 GMT
#34
I was Diamond (zerg) 200 points in when the beta ended... and most AIs I can find right now seems to give me no challenge at all.

Dark Green Tea
Freaking easy to beat. Tho I must admit that the protoss is better than the terran/zerg AI. Terran AI has a SUPER hard time to wall, so baneling bust will win 100% of the time. If you're not going for banelings you can go straight to roaches without any trouble and win against the fast hellions. As for the zerg, well he's almost always pumping 1249902412 lings... so 1 baneling and it's gg! As for protoss, he's normaly going the fast "stalkers" which is kinda good and than mostly always switching to immortals which is not bad at all, but I'm not an AI so I build mass speed zerglins and own him under the 10mins mark. Basicaly when playing this AI my goal is to be able to kill it with a new time record!

Mimic
Altho this UI is better than Dark Green Tea, I always feel like I'm playing against myself when I end up playing a zerg or that this protoss is 3-4 gates allin me (since it's like one of the only strats I can do with protoss) or fast voidray rush..... It's really boring cause I can't practice against terrans which are currently my bane. I really don't know how to play against terran but I really don't have a clue how to play them either. So basicaly it's just retarded easy cause I already know what he'll do when I scout.

StarCrack AI
The easiest of the easiest. He just seems to not understand the game at all even at the highest level.


do you have any other suggestions? cause besides that... TLO would be the only one to set a good MIMIC base so we could actualy learn something out of this AI
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
June 16 2010 13:07 GMT
#35
I tried this.. and well its not AWFUL but its certainly not giving me any practice outside of controlling. I guess that's all I need it for though.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
June 18 2010 00:28 GMT
#36
Green Tea AI doesn't do anything. At least the Blizzard AI sends a small group of units to attack you once in a while. I'm going to try the Mimic AI since it has more potential to be challenging. I don't think I'm going to make it to July 27 if this AI doesn't satisfy me.
rip passion
qoolqop
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden71 Posts
June 19 2010 09:20 GMT
#37
Deathstar: try the multitasking trainier. it sure is challenging! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=124983
Jochirin
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1 Post
June 19 2010 14:18 GMT
#38
i find that it is working somwhat, however whenever i play against terran it complains about an error with the attackwaves trigger, this is probaly linked to him just sitting in his base and doing nothing, also there is an trigger owerflow error ocuring against all races when you gett a bit longer into the game.
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
June 19 2010 14:21 GMT
#39
On June 18 2010 09:28 Deathstar wrote:
Green Tea AI doesn't do anything. At least the Blizzard AI sends a small group of units to attack you once in a while. I'm going to try the Mimic AI since it has more potential to be challenging. I don't think I'm going to make it to July 27 if this AI doesn't satisfy me.


Green Tea AI most certainly does do things. I would compare it to a silver/low gold player or something. It actually amused me that its response to cheese was comparable to that of a bronze player. However, it's still a complete steamroll. Mimic AI doesn't seem to do much at all from what I've seen.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 70
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 596
firebathero 84
Zeus 65
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever412
League of Legends
JimRising 252
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5092
Liquid`Hasu1886
Other Games
summit1g6315
shahzam470
byalli373
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC75
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 23m
Stellar Fest
15h 23m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.