• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:07
CEST 11:07
KST 18:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5966 users

Artosis's Asian replay pack - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
EnigmaZero
Profile Joined May 2010
United States56 Posts
June 15 2010 00:57 GMT
#61
On June 15 2010 09:40 Pandain wrote:
all i get is "Unable to load map." Any suggestions"?


Same here, "Unable to Load Replay" shows up about half way through the loading bar. I'd love to watch these if anyone has any solutions. I'm able to watch my own replays as well as ones downloaded through the SC2Manager interface itself.
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 00:57 GMT
#62
On June 14 2010 12:46 WCH wrote:
sc manager working for patch 15/16?


yes.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:00 GMT
#63
On June 14 2010 13:35 Turbo.Tactics wrote:
Show nested quote +
yeah, sry, didnt mention that. i am a Zerg player at the moment.


So you were serious when you said: "1 more Zergnerf and I'm out!" ? I'd hate to lose you as a member of the swarm dude...


its a possibility. i havent decided one way or the other. if the zerg vs terran matchup doesn't get any better, more zergs might switch to terran. id prefer to stay zerg though, hate that marauder unit.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:04 GMT
#64
On June 14 2010 13:52 schiznak wrote:
Artosis, i know the general consensus is that 1-basing as protoss against zerg is un-doable

What do you generally do against a 4-5gate allin from a protoss?


you just have to learn to make drones until the last second, and then wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over-defend. make like 6 spine crawlers, speedlings, hydras, use both queens with some transfusions, etc. the only thing you have to do is stop the attack.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:05 GMT
#65
On June 14 2010 13:54 StayFrosty wrote:
Artosis are you going to stick with Zerg on release or switch?


i hope to stick with zerg, i really do enjoy the race. i won't decide, or set rules on what will make me decide to switch now.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:06 GMT
#66
On June 14 2010 13:58 dethrawr wrote:
Thanks for the replays man, I'll be sure to analyse and find all your faults and use them against you next time I come across you in ladder.


LOL ok sounds good.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:06 GMT
#67
On June 14 2010 14:12 Tump wrote:
The Sc2 manager linked on the MYM site (at least one of the mirrors) is an older version and crashes for me with patch 16, trying to get the latest version (4.1.1?) to confirm.


try the first link, and the one in this thread as well. dont know which version they uploaded. its easy to find in the TL.net sc2 forums though!
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:07 GMT
#68
On June 14 2010 14:31 Warri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2010 13:52 schiznak wrote:
Artosis, i know the general consensus is that 1-basing as protoss against zerg is un-doable

What do you generally do against a 4-5gate allin from a protoss?

spine crawler. MASS spine crawler.

Edit: Lol, just by browsing the replays i have to say...manner up Artosis. These are random ladder games right?
"u should consider quitting this game" Lol'd right there.


i was giving that newbie some really valuable, time-saving advice!
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Phiggot03
Profile Joined December 2009
Vietnam132 Posts
June 15 2010 01:07 GMT
#69
The replays are not working for me either, getting "unable to load file." And yeah, ZERG FOR LIFE. I'm disappointed how many z's have switched to T already. The swarm is a blood oath.
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:08 GMT
#70
On June 14 2010 16:36 FlamingTurd wrote:
Wowowow ty! Haven't had a chance to check em out yet but definitely will! Thnx again in advance <3


Serious Question: How are you able to afford living in such an expensive place there and devote so much time to playing/casting SCII? I've always wondered this especially since SC has been losing the attention lately. Have you saved up money to pay for your living expenses or are still somehow receiving an income?


I work in the eSports industry over here. I actually don't get to play enough SC2 currently, not nearly as much as I'd like to at least
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:09 GMT
#71
On June 14 2010 16:41 InfiniteIce wrote:
Could you specify Tester's playername, or which replay it is? They are all just named in the [Recent] autosave format. I checked them out in SC2Gears, but (since I can't read korean too well...I actually tried sounding out every korean name but couldn't find any "tester", so maybe he's on another name?)

Thanks Artosis........this is fuckin' awesome.


Edit: I found out that tester's name should be 서기수 (? I think. Besides the obvious "TesteR") but I don't seem to see that in any of the replays. Sorry if I'm missing it, but do you happen to know which game it was? Unless SC2Gears is hating on me D:

Thank you again.


tester uses the id oGsSKS or maybe it was oGssSKS... one or the other. oGs is the top team in korea, SKS is his initials.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:19 GMT
#72
On June 14 2010 17:24 Hikari wrote:
First of all thank you for uploading a replay package.

Some of your opponents suck.... the terran with korean name has a huge stockpile of resources and in Atosis vs Ptosin he tried for a DT+stargate open with minimal defenses + no wall off...

I believe there is a thread here on TL which shows 9ov > 10 extractor trick. Do you think the person who did the study is incorrect?

I heard people on the asian server like cheese for breakfast (cheesy openings). From my observation you usually scout @ ~14th drone. How would you go about countering a possible proxy 2x 10gate? How about a zealot timing push with +1 weapon upgrade? (you seem to use roachs only in mid-game, after you get a hydra den, as if you are avoiding roachs!) What about a 7 rack reaper all-in cheese?

There is a muta v muta battle in steppes of war. Good use of queens to gain air superiority! I have a feeling that you are letting your opponent take a lot of map control (his mutas are tumor hunting+patrolling all the expansions). Is there a reason you choose not to a little more aggressive with your mutas?

@banelings.
In Artosis vs Idra, given the long travel distance and the ov scout (idra would have loads of time to prepare). Why did you choose to continue with banelings?


Lots to address here. I'll do my best.

1) Yes, lots of players ranked highly on every server are complete garbage.

2) No, I'm trying to switch over to 9ov, but my brain is hardwired to automatically do 10+extractor trick. It will take me a few more days of practice to pound that in I'm sure.

3) Some people cheese, but far less than the US or EU servers (at least at the high levels). All my builds are designed to be able to stop the various cheeses you may see. There's a lot of thought put into my Overlord scouting patterns and spawning pool timings. Zealot timing push with +1 off of 1 base? Easy. I'll make roaches or a bunch of Spine Crawlers, matters the timing it comes out with. 7rax Reaper rushes are a total pain in the ass. I normally cancel my Hatchery, make some Roaches, and free-style from there (normally re-expanding).

4) I can't seem to remember exactly what happened in the early game on Steppes of War ZvZ, but I do recall the whole game overall quite well. I seem to recall I wanted a 100% victory, and felt that expanding, upgrading, and leaving no defensive holes, would lead to a sure win.

5) I had just switched over to Baneling play when I hit IdrA in that replay pack (was still trying to go Roaches before that). I figured I would probably lose it, but it would be a good learning experience.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:20 GMT
#73
On June 14 2010 17:42 fevax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2010 12:37 kNyTTyM wrote:


You mentioned a roach into ultralisk style in your latest interview but that sounds pretty vulnerable to an immortal based play. Protoss should naturally build immortals upon seeing the roach base and that only helps his unit composition once you transition. Is it more of a hydra roach mix into ultralisks or straight on roach?


if you add some infestors with neural parasite into the mix, immortals should no longer be that much of a problem. Since roaches are so cheap compared to other units, you can easily afford infestors as many as needed.


Mixing in Hydras is a bit better IMO. Infestors are extremely gas heavy, and not exactly full-proof (any Colossuses or HT's with feedback can deal with them pretty fast.)
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:21 GMT
#74
On June 14 2010 17:45 G5 wrote:
asian replay packs... whats next? a black replay pack? how about a latino rep pack? i sure don't know but what i do know is that if i put out a white replay pack i would be considered a racist. fucking double standards.


G5SUS
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
June 15 2010 01:22 GMT
#75
Looking forward to watching all of them! Your previous pack helped me to start playing zerg.. at all in both sc:bw and sc2, that was probably the race I least understood and played. Now I find zerg so fun to play . Playing zerg helped me surprisingly much to improve my macto. Thank you!
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:27 GMT
#76
On June 14 2010 18:06 Gunman_csz wrote:
Ty Artosis, we all <3 your contribution, dedication and commitment to the game and the community. By the way can you force the other three foreigners beside you ( Idra, Tasteless, and Apollo) to release a replay pack as well ( A MEGA REPLAY pack of the 4 Dragons ^^).

Questions:
1.Can you compare and contrast your play-style to Idra. As you have told us many times that you guys discuss strategies together, does that mean you guys play the game in similar ways?

2. How do foreigner Zergs differ from Asian Zergs?

3. I believe you and Idra have experimented a lot vs mech, can you tell us what Is the best way to play vs Mech and Terran in general. what are the crucial timings/moments in the game.


haha, well, i guess they will probably release replays from time to time.

Answers:
1) Yeah, IdrA and I discuss strategy primarily with each other. We use a lot of the same builds/openings/strategies. We do not play exactly the same, though. I tend to prefer a bit more cleverness (ie, Roach burrow movement, and things like this), while he tends to prefer to just out-macro people and win straight up battles.

2) I actually don't watch too many Asian Zerg replays. Its hard to say exactly, but the Asian server, overall, seems to tend towards macro, and have better basics than the foriegners.

3) Vs a pure mech strategy, the best way is normally to defend with Roaches while trying to hit an air timing with mass Corrupters => Broodlord//Corrupter. There are a few other ways you can try to battle it, but nothing truly works vs a Terran who really knows how to do it. This way just seems to work best to IdrA and I.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
June 15 2010 01:34 GMT
#77
So who's on the MYM squad so far?
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:39 GMT
#78
On June 14 2010 18:34 InfiniteIce wrote:
lol, are you guys seriously debating racism on replay packs? I'm 100% sure [G5] was making a joke.

That being said, I am also quite interested in the responses to GunMan's questions posted above. I think they are very good...especially contrasting the Asian server Zerg playstyle to other servers. My guess is a lot of focus on queens and fast hatch, contrasting vs NA server "IdrA" style tech/macro builds...but having never been able to play on the Asia server I'd love to hear Artosis' response on that

A few (simple) questions of my own...

1) Do you find a higher level of difficulty/competency of opponents on the Asia server? This is asked from the view of taking into account the variable playstyles between server "meshing" with your playstyle...so rather, as opposed to "is it harder for your build/playstyle on Asia", this question more or less refers to actually competency of opponents. Or do you see little difference?

1) b] Is there a bigger focus on either (or both, I suppose) macro/micro on Asia, compared to other servers?

2) Do you have a favorite matchup? In terms of fun, rather than "this is easy to win".

3) Do you have a favorite replay in the pack? ^^

aaaand finally...
4) Who has been your hardest opponent/series to date? Whether you won or lost.


1) Yes. The opponents on the Asian server, over all, are much more competent than elsewhere. Because of the amount of SC1 over here, everyone has a pretty good grasp of RTS basics, something that the foreigner scene has always struggled with.

1 b) I often times say that overall, the server macros better. Sure, thats pretty much true, but a lot of it comes from just knowing RTS basics pretty well. For instance, when to expand, when to add Gateways or Hatcheries or Barracks, that type of thing.

2) I LOVED ZvT before it became completely broken. The matchup was just so deep before mech got buffed to where it is now. I really hope we can get it back to how it was. ZvZ is complete garbage after the Roach nerf, so I hate that matchup now, so I guess that leaves me with ZvP. Can be pretty fun to be honest. Especially since I'm experimenting with Ultralisks so much.

3) Hm, not sure about a favorite, I guess I really liked some of my ZvPs in there. Especially the one on Blistering Sands, where I get 3 bases, macro hard while teching to Ultralisks, and barely hold off Colossus all-ins. Also, there's a ZvT in there on Steppes of War that I really enjoyed playing. He went Bio-Tank, and I went Roach/Baneling drops into Broodlords iirc. Really fun and invigorating game.

4) I think I've lost every single Asian tourny in the past 2 months to Banelings, so nothing is really sticking out. I think playing vs Maka is really hard and so fun, I think we are right about even right now (maybe 8-8 or so..). He doesn't go full-on mech, so is thus beatable and fun to play against (even tho Tanks still make his play imba lolz.)

Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:42 GMT
#79
On June 14 2010 19:09 Gunman_csz wrote:
I have one more question. After watching Desert Oasis (4) replay, where the Terran opens with dual proxy barracks. It reminded me of one of the videos on scforall (you, idra, forzenarbiter) where talking about why pvt in BW was imbalance. One of the things frozenarbiter said was that because Protoss can proxy/cheeses and even if the cheese fails they can transition smoothly and without any consequence to mid/late game. So don't you think the same dynamic applies to TvZ?


I don't think it was FrozenArbiter, but...

TvZ is just too broken right now to comment on that, really. When a race has units that counter your tech paths so hard, of course they are going to be able to transition smoothly. Ask me this question again a couple of weeks after mech is nerfed again.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 01:45 GMT
#80


THIS IS HOW YOU WATCH THESE REPLAYS
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 202
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1142
Bisu 747
Soma 172
hero 168
HiyA 104
EffOrt 65
sorry 36
ZerO 32
Mong 31
Killer 28
[ Show more ]
Bale 22
Pusan 20
Sharp 17
Noble 11
Terrorterran 11
JulyZerg 9
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
edward18
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft822
crisheroes354
Other Games
gofns22426
olofmeister1040
singsing918
ceh9542
Livibee242
Pyrionflax97
ArmadaUGS42
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream544
Other Games
gamesdonequick535
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• StrangeGG 29
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2408
League of Legends
• Jankos1636
• Rush1117
• Lourlo942
• Stunt440
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
53m
Afreeca Starleague
53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 53m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.