• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:44
CEST 03:44
KST 10:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8863 users

Artosis's Asian replay pack - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
June 15 2010 15:48 GMT
#101
On June 15 2010 22:23 Artosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2010 21:44 Madkipz wrote:
Thanks for the replays, I wonder if you could share your thoughts about the standard set by blizzards maps, as in size, rush distance, how many patches of minerals there are at the main and expansions.

and if you have any spesifics as to what you would like to see in the future.

or is it to early to tell?


im actually writing a huge article on map balance and how it relates to zerg, i'll release part 1 this week.


I can see it now...
"Zerg is extremely hard to play, the maps dont make it any better, but actually I'm ok with it, because I know im a better human being than anyone who doesnt play zerg."

Cant wait for the idra interview
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Knutzi
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway664 Posts
June 15 2010 15:52 GMT
#102
when playing against protoss, what do you have a harder time against? templars or collosus
shiftY803
Profile Joined April 2010
200 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-15 16:24:54
June 15 2010 16:23 GMT
#103
I started using the roach/ultra build myself in ZvP after seeing a game or two on your stream. I definitely really like it. The only trouble I have is that really awkward timing when you are teching to hive/building ultra cave/making ultras. If they show up with colossi a little too early, I rarely can defend myself long enough to pop out the ultras.

Do you have any advice on how to time when a zerg player should tech hard for hive/ultras? My strategy was to rely on "feel," which doesn't always work. Thanks!
live without appeal. ~ camus
TzTz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany511 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-15 23:55:13
June 15 2010 23:19 GMT
#104
What if the protoss responds to ultra/roach with 2 or more Robo => Immortals? They counter both pretty well. Any experiences with it?

@ Artosis: I noticed you sometimes do 9 Overlord and sometimes 10 Overlord + Extractor Trick. Can you explain why, and when you use what?
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 23:28 GMT
#105
On June 15 2010 22:39 ddk wrote:
Mr Artosis, I am sorry to inform that I have not watched your replays but, did you see the daily Day9 did on roach+queens vs ling-baneling -> muta vs dimaga? I only mention it because i've seen you saying ZvZ is boring baneling ling shit, but this is clearly a credible alternative. Check it out yo.


yes, i am very aware of this build. i've been practicing vs it in customs. jury is still out on it. also, its only usable on some maps. baneling garbage can be done everywhere.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 23:29 GMT
#106
On June 16 2010 00:19 StayFrosty wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's comments Artosis!

I have more question.

Do you find it difficult to mass games in SC2 as opposed to SC1? I.e. after playing 2-3 games of SC2 I feel spent and kind of frustrated as opposed to SC1 where I could play all day. Also, when I win it doesn't feel like an accomplishment as it did in SC1. Do you share similar views?


no, i love to play all day long. SC2 is becoming more and more like SC1 at the top level.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 23:29 GMT
#107
On June 16 2010 00:52 Knutzi wrote:
when playing against protoss, what do you have a harder time against? templars or collosus


colossus, by farrrrrrrrrrrr.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 23:30 GMT
#108
On June 16 2010 01:23 shiftY803 wrote:
I started using the roach/ultra build myself in ZvP after seeing a game or two on your stream. I definitely really like it. The only trouble I have is that really awkward timing when you are teching to hive/building ultra cave/making ultras. If they show up with colossi a little too early, I rarely can defend myself long enough to pop out the ultras.

Do you have any advice on how to time when a zerg player should tech hard for hive/ultras? My strategy was to rely on "feel," which doesn't always work. Thanks!


im still using feel, i need more games to get it exact.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 15 2010 23:31 GMT
#109
On June 16 2010 08:19 TzTz wrote:
What if the protoss responds to ultra/roach with 2 or more Robo => Immortals? They counter both pretty well. Any experiences with it?


you skip the ultras and go for hydra/ling support with your roaches.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
-ReMeDy-
Profile Joined June 2010
United States46 Posts
June 15 2010 23:42 GMT
#110
Are Ultras worth getting now that they have the bonus to armor? I haven't seen any Husky or HD Zerg matches use Ultras yet. Thanks for uploading the replay pack.
"Every minute outside SC is a minute someone else improves."
TzTz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany511 Posts
June 15 2010 23:50 GMT
#111
On June 16 2010 08:42 -ReMeDy- wrote:
Are Ultras worth getting now that they have the bonus to armor? I haven't seen any Husky or HD Zerg matches use Ultras yet. Thanks for uploading the replay pack.

They always had the bonus armor upgrade. They just get autospeed now. And it seems like they are worth getting. At least every ZvP i watched from the pack included going for them.
Arco
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2090 Posts
June 16 2010 00:06 GMT
#112
Hi Artosis,

Thanks for always being a presence in the community!

When do you expect the IdrA interview to be up?

Thanks!
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 16 2010 00:50 GMT
#113
On June 16 2010 08:42 -ReMeDy- wrote:
Are Ultras worth getting now that they have the bonus to armor? I haven't seen any Husky or HD Zerg matches use Ultras yet. Thanks for uploading the replay pack.


Ultras might be good vs Protoss in certain situations. Certainly not vs Zerg, and never vs a Terran who has Marauders (maybe never vs a Terran, but I'm not sure yet on that one.)
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 16 2010 00:50 GMT
#114
On June 16 2010 08:50 TzTz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2010 08:42 -ReMeDy- wrote:
Are Ultras worth getting now that they have the bonus to armor? I haven't seen any Husky or HD Zerg matches use Ultras yet. Thanks for uploading the replay pack.

They always had the bonus armor upgrade. They just get autospeed now. And it seems like they are worth getting. At least every ZvP i watched from the pack included going for them.


I'm still not completely sure that was the best move I could have made, though. I like them, they are fun, and I'm experimenting with them. I still need a lot more games to see how good they actually are.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
June 16 2010 00:52 GMT
#115
On June 16 2010 09:06 Tump wrote:
Hi Artosis,

Thanks for always being a presence in the community!

When do you expect the IdrA interview to be up?

Thanks!


couple hours.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 16:53:25
June 16 2010 16:52 GMT
#116
Greetings Artosis!

I wonder what your opinion on Queens is. Do you get one for every hatch or do you have a fixed number? It may depend on what the enemy throws at you (countering early banshee/voidray/muta) but I'm asking myself if the 4th 150mins and 2 supply are a good investment midgame...
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
Gunman_csz
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United Arab Emirates492 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 22:33:22
June 16 2010 17:37 GMT
#117
Thank you so much for answering my previous questions :D

I have few more if you don't mind.
1. Will you be doing any instructional commentaries, like you used to do in sc1, hopefully something before the phase2 <3 .

2. You have extensive knowledge of how sc1 pro-gamers train. So with your experience and knowledge what are the some of the things you think the Koreans are doing right, and some of the things they are doing wrong. For example after seeing Idra perform so well in the OSL qualifier, and Gregs comment about excessive training schedule and its negative effects,

3. I was wondering what is then perhaps the best way to train and improve to get good results.How do you personally train/improve? What are things you like to do. Forexample I know some people like divide their time between different things. They will ladder for an hour, play few custom games, watch their own replays, watch replays of pro-gamers, watch some stream. (Rinse and repeat these day-in and day-out)

4. Do you watch your own replays? If so:
A. Do you do it directly after the game (so you can take notes), Or is their certain part of the day, Or you just watch them randomly?

B. Do you analyze both winning and defeated games? Or just the ones where you lost?

5. What are your thoughts on the current ladder map pool? and Which of them do you think are Zerg favored, neutral, and truly not winnable as zerg.

6. Have you played on SC1 conversion maps on SC2 yet? Do you think SC1 style of maps will work well on SC2, (ie, Destination, fighting spirit, extra)?
Began Starcraft journey on 5th May 2009
woolly
Profile Joined May 2010
United States56 Posts
June 16 2010 17:54 GMT
#118
I've only had time to watch the first 6 or 7 games so far, but I'm very impressed with how you used Ultras to combat the Colossus. I wasn't paying attention the first time I saw it on Blisstering Sands, and thought "man, those stalkers and colossi are gonna rape those lings, roaches, and......ultras?! wtf!"

BlitZl0l
Profile Joined May 2010
United States32 Posts
June 16 2010 22:10 GMT
#119
I noticed ALOT of the times you only have ~16 drones on minerals. Do you feel this is most efficient?

Explain as much as possible please!!
Owned.
Anfere
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada231 Posts
June 16 2010 23:45 GMT
#120
Thanks for the replays artosis. I watched all the vods interviews you did, and they are really great !

But is it possible to do the interviews in quieter environments. Because most of the times you are in some café or restaurant with background music, people entering and exiting, talking, so heavy background noise that can really be annoying and take away some of the enjoyment of listening to your interviews !
Immortal or no Immortal, that is the question ! Someone give me a hamlet skull !
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft463
CranKy Ducklings52
EnkiAlexander 25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft463
CosmosSc2 64
RuFF_SC2 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2276
Artosis 485
Dota 2
monkeys_forever650
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 454
taco 327
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox430
Other Games
summit1g8394
JimRising 651
Day[9].tv379
C9.Mang0323
Maynarde152
ViBE148
Livibee80
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1050
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv379
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 16m
Stellar Fest
11h 16m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.