• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:40
CEST 09:40
KST 16:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9012 users

[Spawn Larvae] Right Side Shift + Backspace Method - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Krry
Profile Joined December 2010
2 Posts
January 03 2011 16:36 GMT
#121
On December 28 2010 13:26 ejac wrote:
Here are my 2cents to about this method to anyone interested. This is a bad way to do your larva injection. When I heard about this method back when this thread was put out, I used it until 2 months ago, when I started to go back to just doing my queens singly 6-0 and at least in my opinion, it was like night and day. This method does work well, if the game plays out perfectly and you have a queen at every hatchery etc. The problem is, you can't count on the game to work out perfectly. You are going to lose queens or you may on (rare) occasion simply forget to build one and then this system simply doesn't work. With the backspace method, I can do all my larva injects in 1 second. Doing 66e77e88e99e00e (I changed the hotkey, although I'm considering changing it to T), takes less than 2 seconds and at least in my opinion, the extra secondish it takes to do it is worth having a system you can always rely on to function correctly.

There are some other benefits of having your queens hotkeyed separately as well I've found.


wanted to write the same so
/sign!
its not really slower and u also watch at your hatches every minute
eZ[]rashin.sama
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16 Posts
January 09 2011 15:04 GMT
#122
Zomg I learned this on my own.

Do I never used space bar I just Larvae Inject on the mini map queens automatically inject the closest hatchery.
"If I lose, it was worth the match"
NightStarcraft
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom4 Posts
January 11 2011 20:17 GMT
#123
I'm a left handed SC2 player, so this is slightly trickier with my right hand on the keyboard, any other lefties out there with some suggestions as to how to do this easily? I probably just need more practise though I suppose.
asmo.0
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway318 Posts
January 11 2011 20:36 GMT
#124
On January 12 2011 05:17 NightStarcraft wrote:
I'm a left handed SC2 player, so this is slightly trickier with my right hand on the keyboard, any other lefties out there with some suggestions as to how to do this easily? I probably just need more practise though I suppose.

In just a day or two, when patch 1.2 hits, you can rebind the "center camera on hatch"-key away from backspace. Highly recommend CAPS (been using it since release keybound as backspace), its extremely effective. Might be a better key for it, being left handed, but might be just as good...
CallmeMuppet
Profile Joined May 2010
Ireland176 Posts
January 11 2011 21:08 GMT
#125
I seriously don't know what I'm doing wrong with this. I tested it four hours now but with this method I will nearly never chose my hatcheries but always units, commands etc.

How can I change that or ist it really all luck based?
NightStarcraft
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom4 Posts
January 11 2011 22:00 GMT
#126
On January 12 2011 05:36 asmo.0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 05:17 NightStarcraft wrote:
I'm a left handed SC2 player, so this is slightly trickier with my right hand on the keyboard, any other lefties out there with some suggestions as to how to do this easily? I probably just need more practise though I suppose.

In just a day or two, when patch 1.2 hits, you can rebind the "center camera on hatch"-key away from backspace. Highly recommend CAPS (been using it since release keybound as backspace), its extremely effective. Might be a better key for it, being left handed, but might be just as good...


Yeah I imagine that will help a lot and make it much easier, cheers :D
not allowed rebinds in tournies though are you? :<
bball2
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada49 Posts
January 11 2011 22:07 GMT
#127
I tried using this strategy for a few weeks but I ended up messing up a lot after I got past my first two hatcheries and not every hatch had a queen. Other than just missing larvae injects I would send queens half away across the map. So I've just stuck to each queen having it's own hotkey and all the hatches binded together.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 11 2011 22:08 GMT
#128
With the new patch I might try zerg now. I hated hitting backspace.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 12 2011 00:09 GMT
#129
Me too, I hated pressing backspace. I might change the buttons to be left-shift + `

But I can't find the hotkey backspace anywhere, can anyone redirect me?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Boundless
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada588 Posts
January 12 2011 00:17 GMT
#130
Dont even bother using backspace. Now that Patch 1.2 is out, re-bind it to the space bar or something nice and convenient.
"Sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." - Romans 6:14
Keldrath
Profile Joined July 2010
United States449 Posts
January 12 2011 01:34 GMT
#131
On January 12 2011 09:09 Torte de Lini wrote:
Me too, I hated pressing backspace. I might change the buttons to be left-shift + `

But I can't find the hotkey backspace anywhere, can anyone redirect me?


yeah you can find it in hotkeys, under global and camera. its called Base Camera.

you can change it from there if you like.
If you want peace... prepare for war.
Fisalia
Profile Joined September 2009
69 Posts
January 12 2011 01:56 GMT
#132
Despite what other people have said, this "discovery", imo, is extremely important. It could rate as important as mutalisk micro in BW1. Okay.... jk it's not that great ^^, but it's has its pros and its cons.
Heres a list of generally the pros I think there are:
-requires much less time.
-somewhat regular (1 cycle of all hatches per 25 energy)
-Much easier now with the customizable hotkeys
Cons:
-Requires all hatches to have the same cycle (they must have the larvae dropping at around the same time)
-You can't do this with creep tumor (obviously ^^, but somewhat worth mentioning)
-Easier to mess up (you can press wrong places or miss a hatch)
-Not as controlled as a queen to each hotkey (you can't individually select a queen since all the queens are on the same hotkey).

Ergo, deciding whether to do this doesn't depend on the # of pros and cons, but I would think it depends on what you are most comfortable with. I advise trying this way for like 1 week of laddering, and then seeing which way you like more. If I missed any pros or cons, feel free to list them!
Winning isn't everything... it's the only thing
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 12 2011 02:06 GMT
#133
On January 12 2011 10:34 Keldrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 09:09 Torte de Lini wrote:
Me too, I hated pressing backspace. I might change the buttons to be left-shift + `

But I can't find the hotkey backspace anywhere, can anyone redirect me?


yeah you can find it in hotkeys, under global and camera. its called Base Camera.

you can change it from there if you like.


Big fucking thank you!

I changed it to tilde and things are so much less awkward!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
ZetSc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada5 Posts
January 12 2011 22:39 GMT
#134
aynone know how to hotkey my mouse button to inject? Doesnt seem to want to work with the new hotkeying.
AesopsZerg
Profile Joined July 2010
United States52 Posts
January 14 2011 09:02 GMT
#135
Now that we can change hotkeys, I set my "focus home" to ` which is much easier than stretching my hand out for backspace.
My Sc2 Blog: http://sc2daily.blogspot.com/
PandaCore
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany553 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 12:39:55
January 14 2011 12:39 GMT
#136
I changed the base camera to my "back" mouse button, which is on the side and trigger it with my thumb. So I just need to press shift+v, keep holding shift and spam both mouse buttons at the same time.

Works like a charm
I has a flavor
sixzeros
Profile Joined December 2010
72 Posts
January 15 2011 14:05 GMT
#137
aynone know how to hotkey my mouse button to inject? Doesnt seem to want to work with the new hotkeying


install autohotkey

then this code will redirect the extra mouse button to the backspace to swap nexus and the other button will execute the V inject


xbutton1::backspace
xbutton2::v


PiRate647
Profile Joined January 2011
Belgium187 Posts
January 15 2011 19:51 GMT
#138
- revolution
"Who always takes a taxi, but never pays a fare?" - "Vegeta!?" ||||exclusively a fan of RET!! .... and perhaps ClouD !
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
January 15 2011 20:06 GMT
#139
make a vid
I cant do it right xD
Tekken ProGamer
Velocity`
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom343 Posts
January 18 2011 10:54 GMT
#140
Doesn't seem to work for me. I've changed backspace to tab. I press my queen control group, then press v (spawn larvae), and then hold shift and press tab multiple times, but it doesn't move inbetween the queens. If I press tab without shift it works but that's sort of pointless.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 381
Hyuk 283
910 100
Yoon 44
NotJumperer 30
Bale 30
ZergMaN 26
Dewaltoss 20
yabsab 16
League of Legends
JimRising 522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor460
crisheroes343
Other Games
ceh9462
WinterStarcraft411
Happy367
singsing302
PiGStarcraft232
Sick220
olofmeister215
Livibee163
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream282
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH21
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2368
League of Legends
• Stunt513
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 21m
Stellar Fest
5h 21m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.