• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:07
CEST 12:07
KST 19:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9115 users

No chat channels in SC2 (for launch)? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
pat965
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada274 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-22 04:00:15
August 22 2009 04:00 GMT
#41
This is a pretty good example of people receiving limited information and FLIPPING OUT over it. The sky is falling, Blizzard's finished, etc.
hi
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
August 22 2009 04:01 GMT
#42
Waagh blizzard said a feature is replaced with something better but I'm just going to rage and pretend there's no chat in starcraft 2 instead of waiting to see what they actually put in rage rage rage.

Seriously, do you REALLY think there'll be no chatting in sc2 bnet? Seriously? Really?
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-22 04:03:27
August 22 2009 04:01 GMT
#43
On August 22 2009 12:58 konadora wrote:
Wait.. B.Net 2.0 without chat?

What's the purpose of the B.Net 2.0 then -_-

Nono -.- I didn't mean to make it sound like it has NO CHAT - it has player to player chat. They just said there wouldn't be chat channels which made me make this topic, since I was sure I must have misheard :S
On August 22 2009 13:01 psion0011 wrote:
Waagh blizzard said a feature is replaced with something better but I'm just going to rage and pretend there's no chat in starcraft 2 instead of waiting to see what they actually put in rage rage rage.

Seriously, do you REALLY think there'll be no chatting in sc2 bnet? Seriously? Really?

This is actually not what they said...

They said "We have something better planned, but for ship, there won't be any chat channels".

I've been trying to find a video of it online so I can re-watch it, because I am hoping I just didn't hear him correctly, but as best I can tell, that is what he said.

Yeah, you will have IM style chat, which is fine, but public (and private) chat channels is a large part of why I like Bnet (and HATE games for windows live).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Shade692003
Profile Joined August 2005
Canada702 Posts
August 22 2009 04:01 GMT
#44
On August 22 2009 13:00 pat965 wrote:
This is a pretty good example of people receiving limited information and FLIPPING OUT over it. The sky is falling, Blizzard's finished, etc.


I've already bought my nuclear shelter from the ensuing chaos. Did you?
I hate the post below mine because it feels War3-ish.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-22 04:07:23
August 22 2009 04:04 GMT
#45
check out this gg.net article, it shows you what bnet 2.0 chat will look like:
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/news/10382-battle-net-2-0

imho it actually doesn't look so bad at all.
beep boop
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
August 22 2009 04:05 GMT
#46
Anyone else feel like this Blizzcon was more dissapointing than uplifting?
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
August 22 2009 04:07 GMT
#47
More like B.net 0.1.

They talked about "community channels" or something along those lines though (post launch), which makes it sound like IRC to me. It'd be cool if they made it work like IRC.

Idling multiple channels simultaneously yeaaa.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 22 2009 04:11 GMT
#48
On August 22 2009 13:05 Archerofaiur wrote:
Anyone else feel like this Blizzcon was more dissapointing than uplifting?

Hm. I feel like it was mostly disappointing because the streams were laggy, the interesting Bnet 2.0 stuff only available to people paying (or watching less-than-legal streams), and the information... unclear.

Like, I really liked what little I heard about the leagues, but I don't feel like I got to understand how they actually intended it to work.

I really did NOT like what I heard about the chat, but yet again I'm left feeling that I have no idea what their intentions are so maybe I'd like it if I did know?

I don't even know what I heard about the smurfing "issue". If "master account" means you can have several IDs tied to that, then fantastic. If not, well, not so fantastic. In fact, quite terrible.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Nitro68
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France470 Posts
August 22 2009 04:15 GMT
#49
If you (or someone here) paid the stream, you can have on-demand and rewatch whatever you want. So maybe somebody can re-broadcast the battle.net panel on livestream or something.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 22 2009 04:19 GMT
#50
Good idea - unfortuantely I don't have it, and people livestreaming the PPV had their accounts shut down >_< I didn't want to pay 40$ for TWO panels I care about. If I could pay like... 5$ a panel or something I might.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
August 22 2009 04:21 GMT
#51
I think they just mean the normal public chat channels that were in a big dumb list. If they're planning to make it like facebook or whatever nonsense, you'll probably be able to chat to people on walls or something and just generally have a more controlled environment. Less meeting strangers, but also less dealing with kids who just discovered they can say anything they want through the magic of anonymity (and mostly choose just to troll all day long).

I think they're trying to get a system where people can be held responsible for douche baggery, and your identity will be much more important than random IDs people make to be wankers.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-22 04:25:21
August 22 2009 04:23 GMT
#52
On August 22 2009 13:11 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2009 13:05 Archerofaiur wrote:
Anyone else feel like this Blizzcon was more dissapointing than uplifting?

Hm. I feel like it was mostly disappointing because the streams were laggy, the interesting Bnet 2.0 stuff only available to people paying (or watching less-than-legal streams), and the information... unclear.

Like, I really liked what little I heard about the leagues, but I don't feel like I got to understand how they actually intended it to work.

I really did NOT like what I heard about the chat, but yet again I'm left feeling that I have no idea what their intentions are so maybe I'd like it if I did know?

I don't even know what I heard about the smurfing "issue". If "master account" means you can have several IDs tied to that, then fantastic. If not, well, not so fantastic. In fact, quite terrible.

I also meant the "no beta" news and hearing you have to pay for some user made maps. Oh and the lack of new gameplay news for Starcraft.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Nitro68
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France470 Posts
August 22 2009 04:30 GMT
#53
"Oh and the lack of new gameplay news for Starcraft." => the SC2 gameplay panel is tomorrow.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
August 22 2009 04:31 GMT
#54
god this is so fucking lame :|

Why not actually wait and complete the game instead of releasing a halfassed b.net...
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
August 22 2009 04:34 GMT
#55
On August 22 2009 13:31 FragKrag wrote:
god this is so fucking lame :|

Why not actually wait and complete the game instead of releasing a halfassed b.net...


I'd rather have SC2 in 2010 and wait for a few extra features after release, thank you.
Alizee-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-22 04:54:16
August 22 2009 04:51 GMT
#56
Removing the generic public channel list is fine, but removing public channels is certainly obscure. I like how they basically have a desktop type layout and you can message people and everything, but channels have always been a big deal. Do they figure half their audience plays on muted cd keys and can't use channels so they won't miss them? I'm perplexed @_@

Edit: .....................I understand the REASONING.....but buying maps? What the hell has this world come to?
Strength behind the Pride
sdpgposd
Profile Joined October 2005
United Kingdom1464 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-22 05:12:39
August 22 2009 05:08 GMT
#57
What they're trying to do is incorporate the addictive factors that keep people playing in WoW (achievements, more personal friends/IM interface/list, non smurfable acc) to help them generate the most amount of money possible. I assume theres gonna be a subscription cost - thats gonna fucking suck. I dont want ANY of that fucking bullshit. It makes me want to not buy the game, its such a negative factor for me. But noobs like it and blizzard realise this so obv they wanna get the most money out of retards as usual and forget about those good games they used to make. Sigh.

I'm probably not gonna buy the game at all, it sounds very bad in lots of different ways - gameplay (not just chat/friends list etc).

Fucking hell blizzard, can you just make the game GOOD and cut out the 'oh but we can get more money out of people if we do this' fucking bullshit attitude thats ruining your games.


Ya so if they keep this shit up i'm not gonna recognise this as starcraft - a bit like american psycho 2 being a complete joke compared to the original.
starPride
Profile Joined June 2009
United States142 Posts
August 22 2009 08:58 GMT
#58
On August 22 2009 14:08 sdpgposd wrote:
What they're trying to do is incorporate the addictive factors that keep people playing in WoW (achievements, more personal friends/IM interface/list, non smurfable acc) to help them generate the most amount of money possible. I assume theres gonna be a subscription cost - thats gonna fucking suck. I dont want ANY of that fucking bullshit. It makes me want to not buy the game, its such a negative factor for me. But noobs like it and blizzard realise this so obv they wanna get the most money out of retards as usual and forget about those good games they used to make. Sigh.

I'm probably not gonna buy the game at all, it sounds very bad in lots of different ways - gameplay (not just chat/friends list etc).

Fucking hell blizzard, can you just make the game GOOD and cut out the 'oh but we can get more money out of people if we do this' fucking bullshit attitude thats ruining your games.


Ya so if they keep this shit up i'm not gonna recognise this as starcraft - a bit like american psycho 2 being a complete joke compared to the original.

your trolling really really bad. they have stated many times THERE WONT BE a subscription . but there will work like a silver/gold thing... just gold gives a few extra features.
Luca
Profile Joined July 2009
United Kingdom47 Posts
August 22 2009 13:29 GMT
#59
Let's unite the blizzard community! But you can't actually talk to eachother.....
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
August 22 2009 13:37 GMT
#60
ok now seriously ... WHAT ... THE FUCK .... IS GOING ON ? this is completely insane , in no more than 10 minutes i have turned from Hyped about new b.net to completely fucking unhyped , yet more super pesimistic about it ...

chat channels are just funny , wtf is wrong with u blizzard ... geez
T H C makes ppl happy
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 779
Soma 538
BeSt 443
Light 349
Horang2 327
910 325
Hyuk 279
Jaedong 257
Stork 143
EffOrt 123
[ Show more ]
Pusan 111
Dewaltoss 94
Soulkey 63
ZerO 55
Shinee 50
Killer 48
Rush 42
Mong 41
Mind 40
Snow 33
Bale 27
Sharp 26
ggaemo 21
hero 20
sorry 20
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 16
Creator 11
Terrorterran 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 4
Mini 1
Dota 2
Gorgc1171
XcaliburYe196
League of Legends
JimRising 352
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1355
pashabiceps1006
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2452
Khaldor649
Other Games
gofns30307
singsing1366
ceh9676
XBOCT331
Pyrionflax184
DeMusliM158
Mew2King104
ArmadaUGS36
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick597
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2226
League of Legends
• Jankos1192
• Stunt435
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
53m
Stellar Fest
2h 53m
The PondCast
23h 53m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.