• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:46
CEST 17:46
KST 00:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War195.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10380 users

zerg gm Swarmhost replays - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 31 2013 20:59 GMT
#21
On February 01 2013 05:42 JonIrenicus wrote:
I was able to notice that mech is not strong against swarm host. I had always to tech to bc when the zerg opponent made the swarm host. Am I the only one who use to have so many problems agianst SH when meching?


Mass tanks are a good vs it so that the locusts never reach your army. And that's what mech in hots is atm is literally pure siege tank .
When I think of something else, something will go here
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 21:01:13
January 31 2013 21:00 GMT
#22
On February 01 2013 04:57 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:36 Kambing wrote:
On January 31 2013 13:21 blade55555 wrote:
Hey guys I figured this would be a good place to post these replays that feature only swarmhost type of play. This will feature mainly in zvp and 2 games of zvt (vs mech, I will never do them vs bio as I am like 0-15 or so with it lol) and 1 game of zvz.

I will update this with some more for zvz and what not in the future and will bump this thread so keep an eye on that.

This also has my replay of me vs seed as well.

You guys will notice this is all macro oriented swarmhosts and not all in or anything. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wpoizw3y33ysp9j

This will also feature transitioning. You don't want to remain on swarmhosts all game that's never a good idea you should be teching + expanding and all that while using swarm hosts effectively.


You're having the opposite experience than me, Blade. I've found swarm hosts effective against mech (as a cover into brood lords). Host/hydra/corruptor was working well in zvp for me until Protoss figured out how to either punch through it or go around host lines with blink stalkers. In zvz, I've never found a way to be comfortable with hosts as zerg armies are too mobile. =/

(EDIT: and goddamnit blade, don't rar things! >_<)


Why don't you like rar things?


Totally off-topic: rar is the betamax of the compression wars!

And on topic: how have protoss been responding to your swarm host play? In the swarmhost cloud reply, the protoss stays turtled at their third. Some of this is forced by your pressure, but what's stopped me from keeping up host play in zvp is the protoss that builds up just enough at home to parry hosts and then backstabs with blink stalkers or prism play. This might be more of a map/positioning thing, though.

(The zvp swarmhost cloud replay seems to be corrupted or otherwise not playable in the current client.)
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 31 2013 21:05 GMT
#23
On February 01 2013 06:00 Kambing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 04:57 blade55555 wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:36 Kambing wrote:
On January 31 2013 13:21 blade55555 wrote:
Hey guys I figured this would be a good place to post these replays that feature only swarmhost type of play. This will feature mainly in zvp and 2 games of zvt (vs mech, I will never do them vs bio as I am like 0-15 or so with it lol) and 1 game of zvz.

I will update this with some more for zvz and what not in the future and will bump this thread so keep an eye on that.

This also has my replay of me vs seed as well.

You guys will notice this is all macro oriented swarmhosts and not all in or anything. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wpoizw3y33ysp9j

This will also feature transitioning. You don't want to remain on swarmhosts all game that's never a good idea you should be teching + expanding and all that while using swarm hosts effectively.


You're having the opposite experience than me, Blade. I've found swarm hosts effective against mech (as a cover into brood lords). Host/hydra/corruptor was working well in zvp for me until Protoss figured out how to either punch through it or go around host lines with blink stalkers. In zvz, I've never found a way to be comfortable with hosts as zerg armies are too mobile. =/

(EDIT: and goddamnit blade, don't rar things! >_<)


Why don't you like rar things?


Totally off-topic: rar is the betamax of the compression wars!

And on topic: how have protoss been responding to your swarm host play? In the swarmhost cloud reply, the protoss stays turtled at their third. Some of this is forced by your pressure, but what's stopped me from keeping up host play in zvp is the protoss that builds up just enough at home to parry hosts and then backstabs with blink stalkers or prism play. This might be more of a map/positioning thing, though.

(The zvp swarmhost cloud replay seems to be corrupted or otherwise not playable in the current client.)


Hm not sure why that would be might have put a bad one in on accident. As for the reply most are contained and you need to be very minimap aware because yes backstabs and stuff can be a pain.

A few replays show case them trying this (blink stalker run around, warp prism drops) watch me vs TT1 as an example for warp prism most tosses do try this.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
January 31 2013 21:15 GMT
#24
Oh btw, I really suggest all of you to watch replay named "Immo all in 1" vs. XionS. Great game, with constant action, and when you killed both Nexuses at once, he proceed to kill your 4th and 3rd, and then when you did all those Lings, Swarm Hosts and Locusts flanks and surrounds, as Artosis would said, nerd chills man. :D

I really like how is the Zerg shaping in the middle game at the moment. Seen a lot of different strategies lately, Swarm Hosts, Roaches with Hydras, Mutalisks, Infestors, basically every tech is viable(not in all situations of course), and late game, Ultras are a lot better thanks to the buffs and Vipers.

I just hope that we have a lot of viable strategies like this, would really not like something like Swarm Hosts to become mandatory, what happened to Infestors in WoL...

Still didn't finish all of the replays, keep them coming!
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
January 31 2013 21:23 GMT
#25
Thx for this !
geiko.813 (EU)
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
January 31 2013 21:28 GMT
#26
Swarm Hosts are awesome, thanks for posting this Blade!
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
January 31 2013 21:43 GMT
#27
And btw, you accidentally uploaded the wrong replay(or you named it wrong), Blade vs Todeskampf is the same replay as Blade vs TT1.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 01 2013 06:32 GMT
#28
All right guys I just added 5 new replays (4 zvp 1 zvt) of swarmhost action.

Still don't believe swarmhosts are the answer verse immortal all in? There is another replay with that in action!

http://www.mediafire.com/?usdy2prgd632i2v
When I think of something else, something will go here
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
February 01 2013 09:53 GMT
#29
Gonna check those reps.

I personally found SHs best in ZvZ if zerg goes into ground army. I open muta (<10), and harass him while building SH army. When he moves out it's usually quite one sided, but it can be because i am playing little bit weaker opponents so not sure.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 01 2013 10:05 GMT
#30
On February 01 2013 18:53 Alpina wrote:
Gonna check those reps.

I personally found SHs best in ZvZ if zerg goes into ground army. I open muta (<10), and harass him while building SH army. When he moves out it's usually quite one sided, but it can be because i am playing little bit weaker opponents so not sure.


I'm still not sure how good they are zvz. I have won most of the time I did it and so far 1-0 when i did it again but it wasn't verse a really good zerg so I am not sure.

All I know is I love them zvp ^^.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 01 2013 11:19 GMT
#31
Thanks for this
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
February 01 2013 11:23 GMT
#32
awesome! thanks, downloaded and will check em out
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Orzabal
Profile Joined December 2009
France287 Posts
February 01 2013 14:09 GMT
#33
Always enjoying your replays Blade !

So are you fedup with the ground ball + viper style ?
Or do you try some SH play to learn every aspect of the game ?
Mestru
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland10 Posts
February 01 2013 15:33 GMT
#34
Can't wait for some more replays.
LingBlingBling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States353 Posts
February 01 2013 15:33 GMT
#35
How do you deal with Good toss on the beta who go into sky toss? Tempest/void/storms stream roll the swarm/corrupter/infestor like no other. And as above said alot of the toss I play on the beta go into blink stalker avoid the swarm lines, turtle up with cannons, then tran into a sky deathball that rolls over you in the late game.

I seen LZ make it work, but he pushes and ends the game before toss can get his 3rd up, pretty early push with mass lings/swarm/mutas
Remember our motto: We ain't got it.
Zode
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada297 Posts
February 01 2013 16:01 GMT
#36
Sup blade, Zodex44 from your stream here . Just held an mmortal all in trying this for the first time. Didn't check out any replays or really know what your general build is, just did stand 15p/16h with 2 gas at 6:00 as per usual. Worked out really well though .
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
February 01 2013 17:57 GMT
#37
Noticed you never upgrade missile attack while locusts get huge boost in damage considering their fast attack speed.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
February 01 2013 18:54 GMT
#38
This sounds great. Really wanted Swarm hosts to be viable in at least some match-ups and versus certain compositions. Going to watch these when I get home (next week T_T). Thanks for uploading!
Flash | Mvp
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 01 2013 18:57 GMT
#39
On February 01 2013 23:09 Orzabal wrote:
Always enjoying your replays Blade !

So are you fedup with the ground ball + viper style ?
Or do you try some SH play to learn every aspect of the game ?


Well I was strugggling zvp really bad. So I started experimenting with swarmhosts and and found out their really good. Of course you don't want to open swarmhost vs 2 stargate voidray or anything and do mutalisks instead.

Swarmhost/muta are both fun strats that I have pretty good success with.

On February 02 2013 00:33 LingBlingBling wrote:
How do you deal with Good toss on the beta who go into sky toss? Tempest/void/storms stream roll the swarm/corrupter/infestor like no other. And as above said alot of the toss I play on the beta go into blink stalker avoid the swarm lines, turtle up with cannons, then tran into a sky deathball that rolls over you in the late game.

I seen LZ make it work, but he pushes and ends the game before toss can get his 3rd up, pretty early push with mass lings/swarm/mutas


There is a replay of it with seed where he gets the mass sky toss (although he stopped going voids and went pur etempest/templar which isnt' as hard to deal with as pure voids xD).

Also as I said as well some of these replays (a lot) show case the protoss going around and trying to avoid the swarmhosts all together. They blink and try to go snipe bases, etc. YYou will see how I handle those with the reps as so far they have never been very successful.

Sky toss though once they get a high supply count of voidray/templar is unbeatable. No idea how a zerg can ever beat it but thank god most tosses I play either don't know best methods to do it or know it's broken as shit and will get patched or just don't realize how strong it is.

When I think of something else, something will go here
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 19:00:21
February 01 2013 19:00 GMT
#40
On February 02 2013 03:57 blade55555 wrote:Of course you don't want to open swarmhost vs 2 stargate voidray or anything and do mutalisks instead.


Mutas vs. 2 stargate? :O Sounds like suicide XD
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31966
Calm 5936
Bisu 2629
Jaedong 1111
BeSt 463
Rush 433
Soma 398
Horang2 381
Larva 371
Stork 357
[ Show more ]
Light 255
Snow 177
Zeus 167
ZerO 165
Free 129
Mind 116
910 110
Barracks 80
Liquid`Ret 63
Sea.KH 51
Killer 43
Shinee 36
Hyun 36
Trap 33
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 24
sorry 23
Terrorterran 23
Aegong 22
Rock 18
Hm[arnc] 18
Sexy 11
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8517
XaKoH 409
Counter-Strike
fl0m4546
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Other Games
singsing2315
hiko930
B2W.Neo618
Mlord342
mouzStarbuck225
DeMusliM200
Livibee178
Hui .176
FrodaN164
RotterdaM106
Trikslyr84
QueenE79
KnowMe63
Mew2King54
ZerO(Twitch)16
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile1125
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3952
• Jankos2472
• TFBlade753
Other Games
• Shiphtur643
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
18h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
Patches Events
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.