• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:36
CEST 18:36
KST 01:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9875 users

zerg gm Swarmhost replays

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 08:34:02
January 31 2013 04:21 GMT
#1
Hey guys I figured this would be a good place to post these replays that feature only swarmhost type of play. This will feature mainly in zvp and 2 games of zvt (vs mech, I will never do them vs bio as I am like 0-15 or so with it lol) and 1 game of zvz.

I will update this with some more for zvz and what not in the future and will bump this thread so keep an eye on that.

This also has my replay of me vs seed as well.

You guys will notice this is all macro oriented swarmhosts and not all in or anything. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wpoizw3y33ysp9j

This will also feature transitioning. You don't want to remain on swarmhosts all game that's never a good idea you should be teching + expanding and all that while using swarm hosts effectively.

Here is another 5 games (4 zvp with one of them doing immortal all in, 1 zvt vs mech).

http://www.mediafire.com/?usdy2prgd632i2v

All right guys next 5 games of swarmhost action! This one features 4 zvps Abomb is the only notable I believe and 1 zvt verse a bio player! You will notice that verse the bio is a work in progress, I am trying to optimize the build so look forward to it getting more and more optimized. So far I am 1-3 doing this, but this one was where I made a modification in getting infestors first. still a work in progress .

http://www.mediafire.com/?zl5z1l4q4gajbp5


Another 5 games (feb 3rd 2013).
http://www.mediafire.com/?s74jk4ip6ncgf4j (3 zvt, 2 zvp, 2 mech 1 bio)

This one has by far the best games. The zvt ones I recommend all 3 especially the bio one on daybreak. That one was a crazy game. The 2 zvp's feature babyknight and Dbling. I have given up on swarmhosts zvz as I think their shit. I won once but lose most of the time when going them in zvz. So don't expect anymore zvz's.

zvt bio I am liking the swarmhosts for the most part but their definitely a lot harder to use. Requires really good multi tasking to deal with drops + him trying to sneak in and kill them. It's pretty tough but I think their viable.
When I think of something else, something will go here
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
January 31 2013 04:22 GMT
#2
This is great. Thank you.
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
January 31 2013 04:37 GMT
#3
Fun and entertaining games.
SacredLambo
Profile Joined October 2010
United States97 Posts
January 31 2013 06:43 GMT
#4
About time seriously bro
bobsire
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada296 Posts
January 31 2013 06:48 GMT
#5
awesome job thanks for the replays
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 31 2013 06:59 GMT
#6
I will add these replays to Siege Mushroom guide, okay? Nice games.

Also can you post here tips how to use Swarm Hosts? What you think need to know when using SH? How to better use them in cooperation with other units? Like reposition more often or don't rely only on Swarm Hosts and use them as powerfull support? What you think is uneffective when playing with Swarm Hosts? Etc
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
January 31 2013 07:49 GMT
#7
ty for these
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
sharepass11
Profile Joined February 2012
5 Posts
January 31 2013 08:28 GMT
#8
How do you know when he has no observer in mid game fights? especially with everything going on i dont see how you could notice/not notice the blur, or were you just getting lucky sometimes when your army died but you left your SH there even though he still had an army?
la pedrosa gambia amerikana obama is iluminatus
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 08:56:01
January 31 2013 08:50 GMT
#9
On January 31 2013 15:59 Existor wrote:
I will add these replays to Siege Mushroom guide, okay? Nice games.

Also can you post here tips how to use Swarm Hosts? What you think need to know when using SH? How to better use them in cooperation with other units? Like reposition more often or don't rely only on Swarm Hosts and use them as powerfull support? What you think is uneffective when playing with Swarm Hosts? Etc


Yeah that's fine :D.

For tips vs toss I would almost always get them and you want to be active. Don't leave them in one spot unless you know you can safely. If you see him moving up throw down a wave and run back.

I always use them zvp and vs mech their good as well.

With toss I would go ling/corruptor/swarmhost - into late game ultra/ling/bane/infestor/corruptor.

Haven't really had any problems or weaknesses yet in zvp anyway zvt only done it vs mech and won both so no problems as of yet.

On January 31 2013 17:28 sharepass11 wrote:
How do you know when he has no observer in mid game fights? especially with everything going on i dont see how you could notice/not notice the blur, or were you just getting lucky sometimes when your army died but you left your SH there even though he still had an army?


You should have an overseer with your army. Guess I dont' really understand the question could you be a little more specific?
When I think of something else, something will go here
doggy
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany306 Posts
January 31 2013 12:28 GMT
#10
Nice work, thanks man! I will definately check them out this evening. Still havent found a really comfortable way to play zvp.

Btw, is your winrate using SH in zvp quite good or could u only make them work in a few games?
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 12:34:20
January 31 2013 12:32 GMT
#11
Awesome replays! I only quickly skipped thru them but I cant wait to go back and watch them all in more detail. I'm so glad to see that these really are not all-in, gimmicky or relying on bad decision making from the opponent. I was sceptical of host play till now.

Edit: I also gave up on hosts vs bio a while back. Not that it means much coming from someone as unskilled as me
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 15:59:14
January 31 2013 15:58 GMT
#12
On January 31 2013 21:28 doggy wrote:
Nice work, thanks man! I will definately check them out this evening. Still havent found a really comfortable way to play zvp.

Btw, is your winrate using SH in zvp quite good or could u only make them work in a few games?

In zvp since I have been doing this in near undefeated. I have only lost twice out of 15 or so zvp and those games I made a huge mistake and lost.


Decoup me to it took a lot of me messing around to get this build as good as it is now :D.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 16:37:07
January 31 2013 16:36 GMT
#13
On January 31 2013 13:21 blade55555 wrote:
Hey guys I figured this would be a good place to post these replays that feature only swarmhost type of play. This will feature mainly in zvp and 2 games of zvt (vs mech, I will never do them vs bio as I am like 0-15 or so with it lol) and 1 game of zvz.

I will update this with some more for zvz and what not in the future and will bump this thread so keep an eye on that.

This also has my replay of me vs seed as well.

You guys will notice this is all macro oriented swarmhosts and not all in or anything. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wpoizw3y33ysp9j

This will also feature transitioning. You don't want to remain on swarmhosts all game that's never a good idea you should be teching + expanding and all that while using swarm hosts effectively.


You're having the opposite experience than me, Blade. I've found swarm hosts effective against mech (as a cover into brood lords). Host/hydra/corruptor was working well in zvp for me until Protoss figured out how to either punch through it or go around host lines with blink stalkers. In zvz, I've never found a way to be comfortable with hosts as zerg armies are too mobile. =/

(EDIT: and goddamnit blade, don't rar things! >_<)
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
January 31 2013 17:02 GMT
#14
On February 01 2013 01:36 Kambing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 13:21 blade55555 wrote:
Hey guys I figured this would be a good place to post these replays that feature only swarmhost type of play. This will feature mainly in zvp and 2 games of zvt (vs mech, I will never do them vs bio as I am like 0-15 or so with it lol) and 1 game of zvz.

I will update this with some more for zvz and what not in the future and will bump this thread so keep an eye on that.

This also has my replay of me vs seed as well.

You guys will notice this is all macro oriented swarmhosts and not all in or anything. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wpoizw3y33ysp9j

This will also feature transitioning. You don't want to remain on swarmhosts all game that's never a good idea you should be teching + expanding and all that while using swarm hosts effectively.


You're having the opposite experience than me, Blade. I've found swarm hosts effective against mech (as a cover into brood lords). Host/hydra/corruptor was working well in zvp for me until Protoss figured out how to either punch through it or go around host lines with blink stalkers. In zvz, I've never found a way to be comfortable with hosts as zerg armies are too mobile. =/

(EDIT: and goddamnit blade, don't rar things! >_<)
He is using SH against mech. Just not against bio.
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
January 31 2013 17:17 GMT
#15
On February 01 2013 02:02 Tuczniak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:36 Kambing wrote:
On January 31 2013 13:21 blade55555 wrote:
Hey guys I figured this would be a good place to post these replays that feature only swarmhost type of play. This will feature mainly in zvp and 2 games of zvt (vs mech, I will never do them vs bio as I am like 0-15 or so with it lol) and 1 game of zvz.

I will update this with some more for zvz and what not in the future and will bump this thread so keep an eye on that.

This also has my replay of me vs seed as well.

You guys will notice this is all macro oriented swarmhosts and not all in or anything. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wpoizw3y33ysp9j

This will also feature transitioning. You don't want to remain on swarmhosts all game that's never a good idea you should be teching + expanding and all that while using swarm hosts effectively.


You're having the opposite experience than me, Blade. I've found swarm hosts effective against mech (as a cover into brood lords). Host/hydra/corruptor was working well in zvp for me until Protoss figured out how to either punch through it or go around host lines with blink stalkers. In zvz, I've never found a way to be comfortable with hosts as zerg armies are too mobile. =/

(EDIT: and goddamnit blade, don't rar things! >_<)
He is using SH against mech. Just not against bio.


Ah whoops, misread. Good call. ^_^
niladorus
Profile Joined September 2011
Greece116 Posts
January 31 2013 17:20 GMT
#16
thnx alot m8!!! i wanted some guidelines with the new stuff after a month break cause of university :@
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 31 2013 19:57 GMT
#17
On February 01 2013 01:36 Kambing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 13:21 blade55555 wrote:
Hey guys I figured this would be a good place to post these replays that feature only swarmhost type of play. This will feature mainly in zvp and 2 games of zvt (vs mech, I will never do them vs bio as I am like 0-15 or so with it lol) and 1 game of zvz.

I will update this with some more for zvz and what not in the future and will bump this thread so keep an eye on that.

This also has my replay of me vs seed as well.

You guys will notice this is all macro oriented swarmhosts and not all in or anything. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wpoizw3y33ysp9j

This will also feature transitioning. You don't want to remain on swarmhosts all game that's never a good idea you should be teching + expanding and all that while using swarm hosts effectively.


You're having the opposite experience than me, Blade. I've found swarm hosts effective against mech (as a cover into brood lords). Host/hydra/corruptor was working well in zvp for me until Protoss figured out how to either punch through it or go around host lines with blink stalkers. In zvz, I've never found a way to be comfortable with hosts as zerg armies are too mobile. =/

(EDIT: and goddamnit blade, don't rar things! >_<)


Why don't you like rar things?
When I think of something else, something will go here
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 31 2013 20:30 GMT
#18
Maybe because some browsers open RAR archives as text-wall instead saving it as normal RAR-file.

Just use right click and "Save object as..."
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
January 31 2013 20:38 GMT
#19
I am watching these games now, I must say first game of you vs. Neeb(Star Station) was awesome! And seconds game between you two was cool as well, I really liked a lot of Hydras, Roaches, Broodlings and Locusts going vs. Hellions and Thors on Howling Peaks, that felt like the true Zerg Swarm, even though a lot of units were spawned units.

Watching the rest now.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
JonIrenicus
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Italy602 Posts
January 31 2013 20:42 GMT
#20
--- Nuked ---
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 38
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1156
Shuttle 1002
Mini 812
Soma 626
actioN 474
Rush 378
Light 346
Larva 314
BeSt 235
Stork 217
[ Show more ]
Snow 161
hero 135
firebathero 117
Aegong 70
Zeus 65
Barracks 64
Liquid`Ret 58
Sexy 31
Shinee 28
Shine 28
JYJ 27
soO 26
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Trap 17
sorry 16
zelot 14
Terrorterran 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7929
qojqva2376
Dendi900
420jenkins167
Counter-Strike
fl0m1243
Fnx 766
x6flipin588
pashabiceps514
ceh9379
edward59
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5498
Grubby2738
Liquid`Hasu65
Other Games
singsing1488
byalli450
Beastyqt346
Khaldor220
DeMusliM163
Liquid`VortiX156
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS113
Trikslyr59
BRAT_OK 57
TKL 43
Railgan3
C9.Mang00
B2W.Neo0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV276
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH275
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile131
• Reevou 4
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• blackmanpl 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV417
League of Legends
• Nemesis2626
• TFBlade758
Other Games
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 24m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.