• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:14
CEST 16:14
KST 23:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War125.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9166 users

zerg gm Swarmhost replays - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
February 03 2013 00:51 GMT
#61
I think that won't be hard, but the thing is, we are trying to make builds where SH work as pressure unit, but no all-in. That strategy is certainly all-in, and I think that it won't work in ZvT or ZvP. I think that this game need less all-ins, not more. :D
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
February 03 2013 02:45 GMT
#62
On February 03 2013 09:51 Ramiz1989 wrote:
I think that won't be hard, but the thing is, we are trying to make builds where SH work as pressure unit, but no all-in. That strategy is certainly all-in, and I think that it won't work in ZvT or ZvP. I think that this game need less all-ins, not more. :D

This.

Until this thread showed up (Thanks Blade) pretty much the only opinions of Swarm Hosts you could find on the forums were either that they are useless unless massed, they are only viable as an all-in, or that other units is always a better choice. Finally someone has stepped up and proved that they can be used in standard play, can be used to hold off all sorts of pressure, are very mobile, and are very powerful offensively too. I am really enjoying the evolution of Swarm Host strategy.

@Blade. I feel like adding just 1-2 infestors (maybe also burrow if it fits) would make your vs Mech even stronger. Every time the Mech army starts to retreat from a Locust wave you could use just 1 fungal to lock down a small portion of the force. The Terran would be forced to either abandon those units or to engage the Locusts with his whole force. Thanks for the awesome thread!
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
Rainling
Profile Joined June 2011
United States456 Posts
February 03 2013 07:32 GMT
#63
Thanks for releasing these replays! They demonstrate that swarmhosts are useful in many different situations.

HDstarcraft recently cast your game against IM Seed. 30 minutes in you and another person took control of the game, so we weren't able to see the outcome. Can you release the full replay or say what happened after that point, if you and Seed did finish the game?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 08:28:16
February 03 2013 07:38 GMT
#64
I won that game I will put full replay in an hour.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v1ulwe2m71z2x44
When I think of something else, something will go here
Rainling
Profile Joined June 2011
United States456 Posts
February 03 2013 09:16 GMT
#65
Thanks!
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
February 04 2013 00:20 GMT
#66
i like these replays man
maybe you can try some viper play also...

But not now,focus on the sh
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 04 2013 00:41 GMT
#67
On February 04 2013 09:20 Foxxan wrote:
i like these replays man
maybe you can try some viper play also...

But not now,focus on the sh


I do use vipers it just depends on the situation and stuff. verse Mech always, bio is so and so and zvp is so and so as well.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Discarder
Profile Joined July 2012
Philippines411 Posts
February 04 2013 03:21 GMT
#68
ah cool. I've been waiting for some vids because I don't know how to transition or what upgrades to get after picking a midgame toy...right now I just build stuff that don't make sense and die.
You can take the lion out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the lion
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 04 2013 03:25 GMT
#69
On February 04 2013 12:21 Discarder wrote:
ah cool. I've been waiting for some vids because I don't know how to transition or what upgrades to get after picking a midgame toy...right now I just build stuff that don't make sense and die.


Well replays should be able to help you in that department.

Also I do plan on doing a couple youtube videos soon with these in action so stay tuned for that!
When I think of something else, something will go here
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 04 2013 08:33 GMT
#70
Sorry for bump but I have another 5 replays (just happens to be 5 every time rofl).

http://www.mediafire.com/?s74jk4ip6ncgf4j (3 zvt, 2 zvp, 2 mech 1 bio)

This one has by far the best games. The zvt ones I recommend all 3 especially the bio one on daybreak. That one was a crazy game. The 2 zvp's feature babyknight and Dbling. I have given up on swarmhosts zvz as I think their shit. I won once but lose most of the time when going them in zvz. So don't expect anymore zvz's.

zvt bio I am liking the swarmhosts for the most part but their definitely a lot harder to use. Requires really good multi tasking to deal with drops + him trying to sneak in and kill them. It's pretty tough but I think their viable.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
February 04 2013 09:02 GMT
#71
I like units that are harder to use.

Btw, don't judge SH in ZvZ yet! You were saying that they are shit in ZvT vs. Bio too and that you gave up on them, and look how that turned out. ;D

We have to wait and see, I am pretty sure that there are certain timings where you can exploit them.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-04 09:08:19
February 04 2013 09:08 GMT
#72
On February 04 2013 18:02 Ramiz1989 wrote:
I like units that are harder to use.

Btw, don't judge SH in ZvZ yet! You were saying that they are shit in ZvT vs. Bio too and that you gave up on them, and look how that turned out. ;D

We have to wait and see, I am pretty sure that there are certain timings where you can exploit them.


Well I am going to get my zerg practice partner to play with me so I can mess around with it more. I just dunno if their good or not yet, I feel like their shit xD.

But you are right I did say that about bio and i'm finding out I was wrong .
When I think of something else, something will go here
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
February 08 2013 16:41 GMT
#73
so swarm work vs bio now?
Swarm + masslings work?

You have any more replays?
Rulker
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1477 Posts
February 08 2013 17:33 GMT
#74
Nice reps
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-09 00:45:56
February 08 2013 19:46 GMT
#75
On February 09 2013 01:41 Foxxan wrote:
so swarm work vs bio now?
Swarm + masslings work?

You have any more replays?

I can upload some more. Yes I am finally winning Zvt a lot more with swarm hosts verse bio. Mech easy peasy lemon squeezy to. Vs toss I think some hydras are good with swarms and Zvt some banes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f979aa9hh4jccd9 (verse huk)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bgpc1w33c9pdia3 (beating sky toss)
When I think of something else, something will go here
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
February 09 2013 00:48 GMT
#76
what do you think of hydras overall?
And especially vs bio terran?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 09 2013 00:51 GMT
#77
On February 09 2013 09:48 Foxxan wrote:
what do you think of hydras overall?
And especially vs bio terran?


Hydras I feel have a place in zvp, zvt bio I do not like hydralisks at all. Late game I might add a few as anti-air to hit medivacs, but otherwise wont' make any.

zvt mech hydras are good, vs toss I think they are good as long as you have proper support. I personally think roach/hydra is a bad composition in zvp right now, but that is only my opinion that is the main reason i started focusing on swarmhost usage and I am very glad that I did.
When I think of something else, something will go here
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
February 11 2013 04:45 GMT
#78
Missed the newest 5, thanks for the replays Blade!
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
February 11 2013 06:18 GMT
#79
Found the game vs. "Rob" on youtube.

The Zerglings swooping in everytime it looked like the slower Hosts were in trouble looked sick. I can't be the only one thinking "Siege Tank+Vultures."
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
youngtuna
Profile Joined October 2011
7 Posts
February 11 2013 19:03 GMT
#80
Has anyone tried SH/queen contain with spines and spores? Like if you manage to make around 10 swarm hosts and the opponent hasn't IMMEDIATELY have the right unit composition to take them out, you can just start trading because it's in your favour. Then just start massing drones and build spine/spore. Queens transfuse and spread creep you slowly advance forward with locust and spine/spore. Add some infestor/corru if they go mass air. The reason this should work (at least in theory) is that when they first try to wipe the SH out and fail, they have to keep making more units to deal with them. You don't have to remake all the SH because they're not actually the ones fighting. This is where you start massing spines/spores. They're like high dps bulky units that don't take supply.

Saw this one game in antiga where zerg got the middle with SH, roaches and lings supporting. The game went on the protoss with 3 bases the zerg got maxed and floated over 4000 minerals at some point. I just thought what if that 4000 was in spines the game would prolly over?
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 355
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37539
Calm 5853
Bisu 2463
Rain 1617
Jaedong 1021
Horang2 690
BeSt 561
FanTaSy 499
Soma 423
Rush 386
[ Show more ]
Larva 318
Light 289
Stork 275
Snow 191
ZerO 180
Zeus 178
Mind 146
910 106
Barracks 100
Free 98
Killer 95
Mong 51
Shinee 48
Hyun 46
ToSsGirL 41
sorry 36
Pusan 26
Aegong 24
Terrorterran 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Rock 14
Sexy 13
Sacsri 11
Noble 10
Trap 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6882
XaKoH 407
Counter-Strike
fl0m2896
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes297
Other Games
gofns34629
singsing2267
B2W.Neo930
olofmeister841
hiko402
Lowko339
Mlord302
Hui .185
Livibee182
DeMusliM154
djWHEAT106
RotterdaM101
Mew2King67
QueenE51
Trikslyr51
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3776
• Jankos2440
• TFBlade594
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 46m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.