• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:45
CEST 21:45
KST 04:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8167 users

HotS balance update #8 - Page 42

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
2296 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 115 Next
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
December 06 2012 05:24 GMT
#821
On December 06 2012 14:23 convention wrote:
Call me lame, but I absolutely love the new AI system. There are levels of difficulty, and you can select how the computer plays (econ focus, all out rush, timing attack, aggressive, fast tech). With their 10-level difficulty system, I can really actually see having fun playing against the computer when I don't feel like laddering.

Shit, that's in there?

That's actually pretty good as an idea in terms of even testing timings when your practice partners aren't there. Kind of nice, the AI as it is in WoL currently is worse than worthless in terms of doing stuff like that. Kind of assuming that they'll play vaguely like us at least in approach.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
December 06 2012 05:24 GMT
#822
On December 06 2012 14:23 convention wrote:
Call me lame, but I absolutely love the new AI system. There are levels of difficulty, and you can select how the computer plays (econ focus, all out rush, timing attack, aggressive, fast tech). With their 10-level difficulty system, I can really actually see having fun playing against the computer when I don't feel like laddering.


Have they changed how computer economy works? Like, is harassment actually viable vs computer now?
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 06 2012 05:25 GMT
#823
Why does it say ingame that the medivac speed boost is +70% when it is 88.888%?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Swish 41
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany154 Posts
December 06 2012 05:27 GMT
#824
3 Games, 3 Drops
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
December 06 2012 05:32 GMT
#825
I don't like the Armory upgrades change. Having them separate makes the styles have a lot more flavor, while bundling air and ground mech upgrades overall makes mech extremely powerful. I like seeing long mech TvTs where they start investing in air upgrades. If one player builds a bunch of hidden starports, I don't think they should automatically be rewarded with 3/3 banshees or BCs popping out. Or vikings.

Having Protoss ground upgrades work whether it's gateway or Robo makes more sense, though they should revert the cost reduction buff imo.

Faster mutalisks is very scary, and hopefully it is a good thing without something that becomes terrifyingly strong. I guess the phoenix range upgrade makes sense given faster mutas; otherwise I don't like it.

There are a few other things that scare me about the patch (do medivacs need that much of a buff?), but it's just a patch, and by and large it seems to be in the right direction.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10868 Posts
December 06 2012 05:34 GMT
#826
Wow they really changed ladder, now if you have bonus points and u lose a game, they take the points from ur bonus pool, and also you can LEAVE your current league your in, your 1v1 league, I just left mine and am about to replay placement matches lol, streaming the HOTS changes as well...but I think everyone is dropping alot t.t
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
December 06 2012 05:34 GMT
#827
On December 06 2012 14:32 Ansinjunger wrote:
I don't like the Armory upgrades change. Having them separate makes the styles have a lot more flavor, while bundling air and ground mech upgrades overall makes mech extremely powerful. I like seeing long mech TvTs where they start investing in air upgrades. If one player builds a bunch of hidden starports, I don't think they should automatically be rewarded with 3/3 banshees or BCs popping out. Or vikings.

Having Protoss ground upgrades work whether it's gateway or Robo makes more sense, though they should revert the cost reduction buff imo.

Faster mutalisks is very scary, and hopefully it is a good thing without something that becomes terrifyingly strong. I guess the phoenix range upgrade makes sense given faster mutas; otherwise I don't like it.

There are a few other things that scare me about the patch (do medivacs need that much of a buff?), but it's just a patch, and by and large it seems to be in the right direction.

The problem is I think, I agree with you on the kind of pre-planning kind of aspect that makes mech pretty cool, and having separate upgrades.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I think it's at least an attempt to make making the transitions just a bit smoother to do reactively.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 05:40:56
December 06 2012 05:34 GMT
#828
Doesn't run that well yet , alot of dropping.

Edit: Even Custom games vs A.I is dropping meh ...
J.E.G.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States389 Posts
December 06 2012 05:39 GMT
#829
Why does it say patch download is 100%/optimal but there is still 4+GB left to download?
Do or do not; there is no try.
n0ah
Profile Joined June 2011
United States250 Posts
December 06 2012 05:41 GMT
#830
Yeah there is still some server issues since everyone's dropping for no reason. =/ But I like the feel so far... I'm a protoss player but I've been playing more Terran and Zerg to see the changes.. seems like fun
If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together
Telsh
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States148 Posts
December 06 2012 05:41 GMT
#831
wow this medivac thing is crazy they zoom across the map like no other
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
December 06 2012 05:41 GMT
#832
On December 06 2012 14:34 s3rp wrote:
Doesn't run that well yet , alot of dropping.

Edit: Even Custom games vs A.I is dropping meh ...

A.I must be running drop hack. I knew that guy was shady.
Buchan
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada184 Posts
December 06 2012 05:41 GMT
#833
Speed medivacs are awesome! I was dropping marines in a few places at once, the zerg tries to use corrupters to take out my medivac (corrupters are slightly faster than medivacs) so i boosted my way out on both fronts, then they caught back up, almost killed my drops and then i boosted away again to safety.
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 05:44:48
December 06 2012 05:41 GMT
#834
The new seeker missile is awesome. Broodlords can't run from it, ultras can. Thor actually changes appearance when switching between modes.

Infestor fungal is indeed a projectile, looks like how they did it before.

New oracle ability just owns small things like zerglings. Almost 1 zergling dead per second of operation.
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
dehydrogenaza
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland122 Posts
December 06 2012 05:42 GMT
#835
The only thing I don't like is the new Seeker Missile. In those rare cases in WoL when it was used successfully, it's splash damage and - more importantly - the "chase" factor, where SMs were running after your stuff a bit like Scourges in BW, had a HUGE positive effect on the PURE FKING AWESOMENESS of this spell. Now it's a bit more herp derp. I'd prefer something like 2 sec charging up, a bit slower movement and increased max range + splash damage.
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
December 06 2012 05:42 GMT
#836
Yeah it is dropping me a lot. Even in solo custom games vs computers.
Julyzerg ftw
convention
Profile Joined October 2011
United States622 Posts
December 06 2012 05:43 GMT
#837
On December 06 2012 14:24 awesomoecalypse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 14:23 convention wrote:
Call me lame, but I absolutely love the new AI system. There are levels of difficulty, and you can select how the computer plays (econ focus, all out rush, timing attack, aggressive, fast tech). With their 10-level difficulty system, I can really actually see having fun playing against the computer when I don't feel like laddering.


Have they changed how computer economy works? Like, is harassment actually viable vs computer now?

Currently only very easy, easy, and medium are playable, which me screwing around and building thors, medivacs and ravens can easily beat. One thing that I did notice which was weird (better not be intentional), is that I couldn't select enemy buildings. I wanted to see what the "all out rush" was like, and I couldn't figure out if the zerg was building a baneling nest or a roach warren when I scanned. Anyone else having the same issues?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
December 06 2012 05:44 GMT
#838
On December 06 2012 14:41 Buchan wrote:
Speed medivacs are awesome! I was dropping marines in a few places at once, the zerg tries to use corrupters to take out my medivac (corrupters are slightly faster than medivacs) so i boosted my way out on both fronts, then they caught back up, almost killed my drops and then i boosted away again to safety.

Interesting feedback. I like the idea of the medivac boost because you kind of get rewarded for being able to pay attention to drops instead of shift-clicking them in WoL, you know, choosing when to speed boost could be a good way to separate a good player from great etc.

Does it currently feel fair though, in terms of if you were say, playing Zerg against it?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
December 06 2012 05:45 GMT
#839
On December 06 2012 14:43 convention wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 14:24 awesomoecalypse wrote:
On December 06 2012 14:23 convention wrote:
Call me lame, but I absolutely love the new AI system. There are levels of difficulty, and you can select how the computer plays (econ focus, all out rush, timing attack, aggressive, fast tech). With their 10-level difficulty system, I can really actually see having fun playing against the computer when I don't feel like laddering.


Have they changed how computer economy works? Like, is harassment actually viable vs computer now?

Currently only very easy, easy, and medium are playable, which me screwing around and building thors, medivacs and ravens can easily beat. One thing that I did notice which was weird (better not be intentional), is that I couldn't select enemy buildings. I wanted to see what the "all out rush" was like, and I couldn't figure out if the zerg was building a baneling nest or a roach warren when I scanned. Anyone else having the same issues?


You can activate that in the Options. Go to Gameplay and activate select Enemy Unit Selection.
19LaMbda
Profile Joined November 2011
South Africa55 Posts
December 06 2012 05:46 GMT
#840
Do we really have to re-download 4.7 gigs X_X?
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM906
TaKeTV 366
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC164
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 906
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub98
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 115
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4943
Liquid`Hasu571
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 167
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 13
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade350
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.