• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:19
CEST 13:19
KST 20:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9201 users

Brutal NUR, Marine only - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
September 29 2010 17:42 GMT
#61
You could try to do supernova the speedrun way. You could have your SCVs load up into your Command Centre and somehow try to fly them to the top right corner with your Banshees.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
September 29 2010 17:54 GMT
#62
On September 30 2010 02:42 Draconicfire wrote:
You could try to do supernova the speedrun way. You could have your SCVs load up into your Command Centre and somehow try to fly them to the top right corner with your Banshees.


what exactly is the speed-run way?
I'd assume since you mention speed you don't mean waiting until the fire gets the temple low and then trying to last-hit it...

I will probably have buildings floating on the right side of the map while I sneak in with marines as the base is 70% destroyed by the fire...
Iranon
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States983 Posts
September 29 2010 18:39 GMT
#63
On September 30 2010 02:54 Shiladie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2010 02:42 Draconicfire wrote:
You could try to do supernova the speedrun way. You could have your SCVs load up into your Command Centre and somehow try to fly them to the top right corner with your Banshees.


what exactly is the speed-run way?
I'd assume since you mention speed you don't mean waiting until the fire gets the temple low and then trying to last-hit it...

I will probably have buildings floating on the right side of the map while I sneak in with marines as the base is 70% destroyed by the fire...



Pretty sure he means to sneak Banshees around the top of the map and down the right side, kill the 3-4 cannons giving vision around the temple, and then snipe it with impunity. Takes about 7 minutes. BUT normally you need to amass a good number of Banshees before doing this, since some will die on the way. Maybe you could use floating buildings to soak damage until you got there safely, and enough micro to keep at least one alive after the cannons are dead, but I think banking on the fire killing the Protoss bases is probably your best bet anyway.
AlCapwn
Profile Joined September 2010
6 Posts
September 30 2010 06:32 GMT
#64
This thread seemed too epic to pass up, so I just started a Brutal NUR marine only run of my own. So far I've gotten through:

Liberation Day - easy
The Oulaws - easy
Zero Hour - easy
Smash and Grab - easy, had to use bunkers to protect vs the stone guardians though
The Devil's Playground - easy
The Great Train Robbery - tough, need bunkers to watch the tracks and micro to keep all the diamondbacks alive. Barely killed the last train with no army left and all resources gone.
Cutthroat - easy
The Dig - took some reloads, but not too bad overall
The Evacuation - easy
Outbreak - easy

At this point things are starting to get dicey. Although I haven't tried it yet, Engine of Destruction seems like it will be extremely difficult. How did you get through that? Like Shiladie, I also foresee problems with Supernova and Haven's Fall. I might be naive, but I think Maw will be doable as long as I can keep my starting BCs alive. Of course, I am 99% sure that All In will be impossible, but it will be fun just getting that far.

Wish me luck!
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
September 30 2010 06:38 GMT
#65
heh, good to see others giving this a try,
Engine of Destruction has been the hardest that I've completed so far, by a fair margin.
Trying out supernova, but my computer slows to an absolute crawl when fraps is recording, anyone know how to fix this?
Pelister
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-30 09:18:25
September 30 2010 09:13 GMT
#66
Love what your doing!

Here's something to look at for supernova misson.



worked wonders for me , allthough i didn't have the bunker upgrade so i built a engineering bay where he built the bunkers and then 2 turrets , it required some extra mining before lift off and i lost 3 banshees so i had to kill the artifact with 1 banshee, it took a while but you have ages before the wall hits you so it's not so bad
only one man can judge me , and thats my mother!
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
September 30 2010 16:07 GMT
#67
Yea, I'll be giving that method a shot. I've been lagging to hell whenever I start fraps recording SC2, even with the lowest settings, I got torn apart by the colossus in the 2nd base cause I couldn't micro...
I'll reboot my whole machine and see if that helps it.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 01 2010 10:17 GMT
#68
Just finished supernova, the lack of medivacs makes that trick very very difficult to try and pull off, I did a varient with a decent amount of success. Maw of the void, I did a bit of testing, and buildings DO take damage from ripfield gens, so those strats are out the window, you start with 3 BCs with yammato though, so it shouldn't be too hard to sloyly pick away at their base, as long as I can defend without too many problems...
AlCapwn
Profile Joined September 2010
6 Posts
October 01 2010 10:38 GMT
#69
Finished Welcome to the Jungle (hard) and Breakout (easy ofc), now I'm working my way through Supernova (impossible). I concluded that trying to cheese it with 4 banshees right at the start was impossible, and I couldn't use Pelister's trick due to lack of medivacs, so I'm doing it the hard way, inch by inch with plenty of blood and marines screaming. After much reloading, I made my way through all the bases with all my banshees still alive, but I'm stuck at the final base. The fire wall is way too close for comfort, and I can't seem to build up enough marines to take the place by storm, archons + templar eat right through me.

If I can't get it after another 5 or 10 tries, I might start over and try the SCV trick using my CC as a transport :D
Pelister
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden6 Posts
October 01 2010 19:07 GMT
#70
I did it the first time with my CC as transport , you just need to get the barrack + factory to get all the hits or even the starport if you don't have tha cash to build additional banshees at the turret point up the corner.

just focus on 60 seconds on extra mining and use the mules aswell, so you get that fast income....hmm i just realised something, no upgrades ean no research aswell i presume so you don't have the automated refineries.

should put 2 scv's on gas for that little extra when repairing the banshees.
only one man can judge me , and thats my mother!
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 01 2010 23:56 GMT
#71
On October 02 2010 04:07 Pelister wrote:
I did it the first time with my CC as transport , you just need to get the barrack + factory to get all the hits or even the starport if you don't have tha cash to build additional banshees at the turret point up the corner.

just focus on 60 seconds on extra mining and use the mules aswell, so you get that fast income....hmm i just realised something, no upgrades ean no research aswell i presume so you don't have the automated refineries.

should put 2 scv's on gas for that little extra when repairing the banshees.


Correct, no auto refineries, no orbital command, no additional banshees from the starport.
You start off the post saying you did it first time with using CCs, but really if you have all the bonus's from tech+building banshees it's a walk in the park anyways...
AlCapwn
Profile Joined September 2010
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-02 08:11:17
October 02 2010 06:55 GMT
#72
Alright, got through the end of Supernova on my first try today Funny how you can try the same thing for hours, then come back with a clear head and get it right the first time.

Now I'm doing Maw, and not having as much trouble with it as I was afraid of. The first few generators were a snap, just a matter of sniping photon cannons with my yamato and cleaning up with my DTs. When there were air units guarding a place, I'd either snipe them with my battlecruisers or try to draw them back outside the warp field to my clump of marines. As for defense, missile turrets + clumps of marines do surprisingly well against carriers, since it's easier to kill interceptors than in the old SC1 days. Ground forces can easily be cleaned up with DTs.

That strategy worked well until I hit their main base, at which point I have to deal with observers and the mothership. Observers can't be killed since I don't have detection and can't build turrets in the warp field, so no more DT cheese. I've picked off a lot of buildings around the edges and there's only one generator left; however I'm running out of minerals due to constant waves of carrier attacks. Stalled for now; I'm going to take a break and try from an earlier save later.

Success!
SaintsTheMetal
Profile Joined September 2010
United States45 Posts
October 02 2010 08:50 GMT
#73
I'd think Maw of the Void should be easy. I did the entire thing just leaving my base at the original spot and using a couple BCs and DTs. I used an orbital for scans to find Cannons though, but if you prepare ahead of time you should just know where all of these are already. You should be able to just fly in, Yamato all the cannons and observers, and fly away. Almost every Void prison and Rip Field Generator is easily accessible this way either flying on the edge or using DTs after cannons have been Yamatod. At the last one on the bottom left, some carriers could come, so you have to spend two Yamatos to take em down. Be careful not to get near the mothership as it spawns a ton of flying units. In the end, I'd bet that you should be able to suicide the BCs past the mothership and take down the objective before they die.
AlCapwn
Profile Joined September 2010
6 Posts
October 03 2010 01:14 GMT
#74
Yeah, it wasn't so bad once I actually went for the goal I spent all my time messing around on the edges picking stuff off that I ran out of minerals the first time, but after reloading I got through it without too much trouble.

I'm doing the protoss missions now --- is the consensus that we're supposed to only use zealots? I don't think this will be even remotely possible on Utter Darkness, so maybe I won't bother.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 03 2010 07:36 GMT
#75
Just finished Maw of the void. I was debating doing it a second time due to how retardedly long it took me for no reason...
Macavenger
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1132 Posts
October 03 2010 07:44 GMT
#76
Nice. I assume you just very slowly and painfully sniped everything with BC/DT?
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 03 2010 10:42 GMT
#77
up until near the end, where any units you kill are replaced almost instantly, gotta try and blitz it...
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 03 2010 10:42 GMT
#78
In Utter Darkness feels impssibly hard, but there's a few ideas I have for surviving it. Got to 1100 this last attempt...
Pelister
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden6 Posts
October 03 2010 11:26 GMT
#79
Dunno what the rules are for In Utter darkness , but incase no rules apply , do the DT trick where you wall off all the chokepoints and focus on killing the observers that come with each wave before they get close to that wall, keep 2 collossus on each chokepont and mass tons of air.

place masses of cannons around the base for nydus worms , and SAVE after each successfull wave.

only one man can judge me , and thats my mother!
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 03 2010 13:54 GMT
#80
On October 03 2010 20:26 Pelister wrote:
Dunno what the rules are for In Utter darkness , but incase no rules apply , do the DT trick where you wall off all the chokepoints and focus on killing the observers that come with each wave before they get close to that wall, keep 2 collossus on each chokepont and mass tons of air.

place masses of cannons around the base for nydus worms , and SAVE after each successfull wave.




Rules are only zealots made, so no DT trick
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV200
Rex53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko244
ProTech131
Rex 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14331
Soma 815
Jaedong 675
actioN 592
Hyuk 525
Soulkey 489
Horang2 346
BeSt 288
Larva 260
910 250
[ Show more ]
Mini 246
Light 208
Stork 193
Snow 175
EffOrt 160
ZerO 131
Last 123
Pusan 114
ggaemo 78
Mind 60
Rush 55
Shinee 47
Killer 40
Creator 38
Mong 37
Yoon 35
Bale 24
hero 21
Sharp 20
sorry 12
yabsab 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5431
Dendi207
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1541
pashabiceps869
markeloff42
kRYSTAL_19
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2825
Khaldor926
Other Games
gofns51668
singsing1530
XBOCT324
Pyrionflax253
B2W.Neo209
DeMusliM202
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS36
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos944
Other Games
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 41m
The PondCast
22h 41m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.