• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:03
CEST 14:03
KST 21:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9063 users

Brutal NUR, Marine only - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
September 23 2010 18:42 GMT
#21
I think you've lost your mind here. I don't see how it is possible to beat everything like that.

Maybe if mercs are allowed at your disposal..
XK ßubonic
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
September 23 2010 19:11 GMT
#22
A lot of people saying it's impossible, I think there are enough cheesy strats that I can do this.

I'm seriously not worried at all about The Dig, maybe I should be, but the laser is just such a beast at destroying things I'm not ready to take-on with my bunker wall. If I find I can't do it the normal way I'll resort to flying swarms of barracks over the enemy bases and sniping all their buildings with the laser...
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
September 23 2010 19:30 GMT
#23
On September 24 2010 04:11 Shiladie wrote:
A lot of people saying it's impossible, I think there are enough cheesy strats that I can do this.

I'm seriously not worried at all about The Dig, maybe I should be, but the laser is just such a beast at destroying things I'm not ready to take-on with my bunker wall. If I find I can't do it the normal way I'll resort to flying swarms of barracks over the enemy bases and sniping all their buildings with the laser...

Remember perdition turrets work suprisingly well =)
In the woods, there lurks..
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
September 23 2010 19:50 GMT
#24
NUR means no research, so no p-fortresses or perditions allowed :/

The problem with The Dig is that at the >30,000 health point, they send so many templars and colossi, that without stim I think they would just overrun you ><. The drill is just not fast enough to take out 10 different targets

But good luck
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
September 23 2010 19:56 GMT
#25
On September 24 2010 04:30 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2010 04:11 Shiladie wrote:
A lot of people saying it's impossible, I think there are enough cheesy strats that I can do this.

I'm seriously not worried at all about The Dig, maybe I should be, but the laser is just such a beast at destroying things I'm not ready to take-on with my bunker wall. If I find I can't do it the normal way I'll resort to flying swarms of barracks over the enemy bases and sniping all their buildings with the laser...

Remember perdition turrets work suprisingly well =)

Remember perdition turrets require research and are thus not part of a NUR playthrough.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
September 23 2010 20:15 GMT
#26
On September 24 2010 04:56 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2010 04:30 Iplaythings wrote:
On September 24 2010 04:11 Shiladie wrote:
A lot of people saying it's impossible, I think there are enough cheesy strats that I can do this.

I'm seriously not worried at all about The Dig, maybe I should be, but the laser is just such a beast at destroying things I'm not ready to take-on with my bunker wall. If I find I can't do it the normal way I'll resort to flying swarms of barracks over the enemy bases and sniping all their buildings with the laser...

Remember perdition turrets work suprisingly well =)

Remember perdition turrets require research and are thus not part of a NUR playthrough.



Yea, it's interesting to see people's reaction when they realise how much of the stuff they used a tonne isn't allowed.
There are a few techs I would kill to be allowed to have, like the drop pods, orbital commands, planetary fortress, etc.

It's been interesting to run around with 40-50 marines with varying levels of low hp that they can never get back...
Dental Floss
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1015 Posts
September 23 2010 21:43 GMT
#27
If the regular NUR hasn't been done yet I don't really see a point in even trying this. Have you tried all in with NU but more than marines?
Kim Tae Gyun.... never forget Perfectman RIP
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-23 23:15:02
September 23 2010 23:14 GMT
#28
On September 24 2010 06:43 Dental Floss wrote:
If the regular NUR hasn't been done yet I don't really see a point in even trying this. Have you tried all in with NU but more than marines?

No, because I would need to get a campaign there with no upgs 1st, If I get indefinitely stuck on it with the marine restriction I'll go for doing it with simply no upgrades if it hasn't been done yet. I don't see having problems with a simple NUR all-in though...
city42
Profile Joined October 2007
1656 Posts
September 24 2010 00:13 GMT
#29
On September 24 2010 06:43 Dental Floss wrote:
If the regular NUR hasn't been done yet I don't really see a point in even trying this. Have you tried all in with NU but more than marines?

The regular NUR has been done and it's not very difficult.

I don't think this is possible, though. With enough patience you might be able to do most of the missions, but I just don't see how you can hold off all the waves while downing every nydus worm on all-in. You also might run out of money on that space mission with the big mothership at the end.
ULTRA[tor]
Profile Joined August 2006
Spain20 Posts
September 24 2010 00:15 GMT
#30
I actually tried something similar, but abit easier: Only marine medic and base recerch allowed, and made it to all in np, but there it gets kinda tricky... but not impossible. Are you gonna use the artifact in all in? i ask cus the real issue i had in that mission was the fact that kerrigan takes 2 much of your marines DPS so enemie forces have a chance to get closer to your army.

Also i think you will have a big problem in some missions. Dont forget that the biggest threat in ALL in is actually banelings combined with ultralisk to tank your DPS.

P.S: i didnt see anyone actually answer to your question about a good encoder, nice to see that as everywhere ppl like to talk about what they want, not what is asked :D.
Id tell you one but dont know any 8(.
Is your computer runing?............................ Then you better go catch it!
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
September 24 2010 05:21 GMT
#31
Finished up these 2
8 - Cutthroat
9 - The Dig

I gave engine of destruction a try, knowing it would be hard, and sloppy play meant I died on the 4th base. I didn't keep up a solid scv production to sustain the streams of dieing scvs at the front, so i didn't have the econ to keep pumping marines.

The dig got annoying, but wasn't too bad in the end, about as hard as the great train robbery. cutthroat was easy as hell.

Dental Floss
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1015 Posts
September 24 2010 17:58 GMT
#32
On September 24 2010 09:13 city42 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2010 06:43 Dental Floss wrote:
If the regular NUR hasn't been done yet I don't really see a point in even trying this. Have you tried all in with NU but more than marines?

The regular NUR has been done and it's not very difficult.

I don't think this is possible, though. With enough patience you might be able to do most of the missions, but I just don't see how you can hold off all the waves while downing every nydus worm on all-in. You also might run out of money on that space mission with the big mothership at the end.



What? AFAIK it has not been done and Zades has been stuck on All-in for about a month. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=146562
Kim Tae Gyun.... never forget Perfectman RIP
city42
Profile Joined October 2007
1656 Posts
September 24 2010 21:42 GMT
#33
On September 25 2010 02:58 Dental Floss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2010 09:13 city42 wrote:
On September 24 2010 06:43 Dental Floss wrote:
If the regular NUR hasn't been done yet I don't really see a point in even trying this. Have you tried all in with NU but more than marines?

The regular NUR has been done and it's not very difficult.

I don't think this is possible, though. With enough patience you might be able to do most of the missions, but I just don't see how you can hold off all the waves while downing every nydus worm on all-in. You also might run out of money on that space mission with the big mothership at the end.



What? AFAIK it has not been done and Zades has been stuck on All-in for about a month. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=146562

Why are you linking me to a thread that you didn't read? I posted the entire strategy of how to beat it on the last page a few days ago. Don't get me wrong, you have to put in some work to win, but it's not an ultra-challenging task that beats you 999 times out of 1000. Once you get the correct strategy down, it's just a matter of timing the novas correctly and making sure to put some meat between the zerg and the artifact at the end. In fairness, I was a fairly high level iccup player in BW, so what I call "easy" might be a bit skewed. I don't think it's too difficult for any average diamond level player though.
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
September 24 2010 23:15 GMT
#34
Do a playthrough with SCV + medics only.

o-o
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
September 24 2010 23:24 GMT
#35
On September 25 2010 08:15 Fa1nT wrote:
Do a playthrough with SCV + medics only.

o-o


Lol at getting past The Dig on this.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
September 24 2010 23:25 GMT
#36
maw of the void will be impossible wont it??
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
September 24 2010 23:25 GMT
#37
On September 25 2010 08:24 MangoTango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 08:15 Fa1nT wrote:
Do a playthrough with SCV + medics only.

o-o


Lol at getting past The Dig on this.


Maybe try it on casual? :p
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
September 25 2010 00:13 GMT
#38
On September 25 2010 08:25 Fa1nT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 08:24 MangoTango wrote:
On September 25 2010 08:15 Fa1nT wrote:
Do a playthrough with SCV + medics only.

o-o


Lol at getting past The Dig on this.


Maybe try it on casual? :p


...Then why bother with the unit restriction? :|
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
September 25 2010 01:15 GMT
#39
Because SCV only on casual would still be hard?

In fact it's probably not possible due to ultralisks >_>
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 01:53:40
September 25 2010 01:50 GMT
#40
On September 25 2010 08:25 Mastermind wrote:
maw of the void will be impossible wont it??


They give you a BC that you can give yammato, and DTs, it may be enough!

uploading the great train robbery now, Cutthroat and The dig soon to follow it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV416
Rex81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko366
ProTech130
Rex 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33217
Hyuk 1299
Jaedong 1046
actioN 558
Soma 423
Horang2 385
Soulkey 332
BeSt 325
Mini 296
EffOrt 295
[ Show more ]
Larva 280
Light 221
Stork 211
910 207
Last 182
Zeus 176
Snow 145
Rush 135
ggaemo 108
Pusan 83
ZerO 67
Mind 50
Yoon 50
Creator 42
Mong 41
Free 37
hero 36
Shinee 35
Killer 35
Sharp 32
Bale 28
sorry 22
HiyA 18
yabsab 17
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8089
Dendi487
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1574
markeloff106
kRYSTAL_35
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1009
Other Games
gofns34965
singsing1835
B2W.Neo313
XBOCT311
Pyrionflax263
DeMusliM225
byalli112
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)7
hiko2
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH319
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1467
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
58m
The PondCast
21h 58m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.