• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:44
CEST 18:44
KST 01:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8366 users

Brutal NUR, Marine only - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Pelister
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden6 Posts
October 03 2010 13:59 GMT
#81
the insane micro for that map, oh god i fear for your life, leep the cellphone close for a fast 911 call for a ambulance when your brain start to melt.
only one man can judge me , and thats my mother!
TheFinalWord
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia790 Posts
October 03 2010 16:10 GMT
#82
On October 03 2010 22:54 Shiladie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2010 20:26 Pelister wrote:
Dunno what the rules are for In Utter darkness , but incase no rules apply , do the DT trick where you wall off all the chokepoints and focus on killing the observers that come with each wave before they get close to that wall, keep 2 collossus on each chokepont and mass tons of air.

place masses of cannons around the base for nydus worms , and SAVE after each successfull wave.




Rules are only zealots made, so no DT trick

You can build cannons right? Maybe you can do it just by building cannons since I don't see zealots being more useful than cannons anyway.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 04 2010 10:58 GMT
#83
I think if I mass cannons and zealots with fast armour+shields upgs, and then get air upgs for the stuff they give you it MAY be possible to barely make it, but you'd need to keep every single thing they gave you alive, I forsee a lot of quicksaves and reloads when units are lost...
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 05 2010 22:42 GMT
#84
Further research into utter darkness shows conventional strats will not work, time to get creative...
sc2fan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 22:45:55
October 05 2010 22:45 GMT
#85
On October 04 2010 19:58 Shiladie wrote:
I think if I mass cannons and zealots with fast armour+shields upgs, and then get air upgs for the stuff they give you it MAY be possible to barely make it, but you'd need to keep every single thing they gave you alive, I forsee a lot of quicksaves and reloads when units are lost...


I am sure you know all of this . . . but just in case:

You will need to get the gold expansion early, and I wouldn't worry about the gas. You will have plenty for upgrades.

And use pylons to block the two base entrances on the upper platform, then double or triple stack cannons. I assume you are forgetting about the archives - would seem impossible to keep those.
My wife for hire!
TheFinalWord
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia790 Posts
October 05 2010 23:17 GMT
#86
I think building placement and attempting to abuse and funnel the ai will be key to having a chance of winning. Kinda like a tower defence heh. gl. I dont know how you would protect the gold. I thought you would be retreating to high ground immediately.
RedTerror
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
New Zealand742 Posts
October 06 2010 00:11 GMT
#87
what are you going to do about broodlords in utter darkness?
tetley[o11]
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada8 Posts
October 06 2010 03:56 GMT
#88
i didn't realize you had to live a certain amount of time in in utter darkness to succeed...
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
October 06 2010 04:40 GMT
#89
You sir are one insane gamer. Good luck with those last 2 missions. After getting this far, I believe in you! Mass zealot/marine goooo!
Sup.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
October 06 2010 06:04 GMT
#90
You got a serious amount of time in your hands...
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
October 06 2010 08:19 GMT
#91
I think you should be realistic and let yourself use medics as well.
AlCapwn
Profile Joined September 2010
6 Posts
October 06 2010 09:34 GMT
#92
Medics actually aren't needed for any of the missions, just bunkers and an endless supply of marines for cannon fodder. I've gotten through almost all the main missions now and I'm not at all worried about Gates of Hell or Shatter the Sky. I do think In Utter Darkness and All In will be impossible with zealots/marines only, but if Shiladie can do it I will be duly impressed.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 06 2010 11:15 GMT
#93
In Utter Darkness is very timed and methodical, if you take it one fight at a time, it is less daunting. I'm gonna finish it before I move on to char though.

what Thefinalword said about building placement is spot on, I've been experimenting with what kinda walls they attack vs which they try to walk around...
sc2fan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States16 Posts
October 07 2010 09:13 GMT
#94
On October 06 2010 20:15 Shiladie wrote:
In Utter Darkness is very timed and methodical, if you take it one fight at a time, it is less daunting. I'm gonna finish it before I move on to char though.

what Thefinalword said about building placement is spot on, I've been experimenting with what kinda walls they attack vs which they try to walk around...


Very cool. I saw one Video where a guy used Gateways to block the two entrances and the gold expansion.

I would think you could take the gold and defend it once with your army - second wave attacks it I believe and then it's left alone for awhile. Get several cannons to defend it behind the gateways.

Once the next wave from the NW hits it, yiu would have to give it up. I don't know, it might not be possible to make it with your time. I would just think those minerals would help get you a lot of extra cannons and zealots.

Regarding brood lords, I would have to assume that the phoenix and void rays you get will have to take care of those quickly.

I suggested pylons as fodder because I believe the AI attacks those only after hitting other targets, plus they can be rebuilt quickly.

Anyway, you have probably already thought of all this. Good luck.
My wife for hire!
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 07 2010 11:42 GMT
#95
Just beat In Utter Darkness, and it wasn't even close, no reloads of saves, I got the archives, and I got 2750 kills, not just the 2500 required. Overall a LOT easier once I figured out a very basic strat...
Bensio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom621 Posts
October 07 2010 12:01 GMT
#96
On October 07 2010 20:42 Shiladie wrote:
Just beat In Utter Darkness, and it wasn't even close, no reloads of saves, I got the archives, and I got 2750 kills, not just the 2500 required. Overall a LOT easier once I figured out a very basic strat...

Well done! Cannot wait for All in
SimpleReally
Profile Joined October 2010
15 Posts
October 07 2010 12:03 GMT
#97
In utter darkness is gonna hurt
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
October 07 2010 12:12 GMT
#98
On October 07 2010 21:03 SimpleReally wrote:
In utter darkness is gonna hurt


read 2 posts up...
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
October 07 2010 15:02 GMT
#99
I take it you're going to play All In against mass air? How would you manage to take down all those nyduses :/
Sup.
yoplate
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-08 00:02:42
October 08 2010 00:00 GMT
#100
You are a total boss. Good luck with the other missions!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1132
ComeBackTV 903
SteadfastSC474
TaKeTV 440
LamboSC2377
IndyStarCraft 163
Rex112
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 474
LamboSC2 377
mouzHeroMarine 284
IndyStarCraft 163
ProTech151
Rex 112
UpATreeSC 83
BRAT_OK 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32672
Shuttle 1566
EffOrt 895
Light 671
Mini 592
Soma 472
firebathero 284
Rush 212
Snow 191
ZerO 161
[ Show more ]
hero 94
Liquid`Ret 55
sorry 53
Killer 43
Mong 35
ToSsGirL 29
Sexy 23
Terrorterran 22
Trap 20
soO 20
Bale 19
Shine 17
Free 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7008
qojqva1810
Dendi930
420jenkins159
Counter-Strike
fl0m1363
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2119
crisheroes1270
XaKoH 220
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing1743
B2W.Neo1025
Beastyqt571
FrodaN367
ArmadaUGS198
Hui .190
KnowMe122
QueenE100
Mew2King80
Trikslyr62
C9.Mang053
Dewaltoss49
ToD32
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3222
• TFBlade1089
Other Games
• imaqtpie391
• Shiphtur237
• WagamamaTV188
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 17m
Stellar Fest
20h 17m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.