• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8486 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 51

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 119 Next
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
August 07 2009 09:51 GMT
#1001
On August 07 2009 12:38 NeverGG wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 06 2009 18:28 unknown.sam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2009 14:22 NeverGG wrote:
I'm really ashamed by how much weight I've gained recently so I'm not going to post the numbers here (plus one of my students called me fat today -____-) My mum suggested I lose about 1 stone/14 pounds, but I'm kind of clueless about where to start cutting back in my diet (aside from the obvious avoidance of junk food,soda and fried food etc.)

I've pretty much entirely (but am making sure I don't eat at all from now on.)
Takeaway food.
Ice cream.
Soda. (Substituted with water and green/herbal teas.)
Fried foods.
Chocolate/cake/candies and all other desserts.
White rice/white bread/pasta/noodles.
Cheese (hard and cream.)

I have trouble exercising because of two factors - my job (teaching little kids English.) is really mentally draining and also the bone structure in my chest is weird so certain things push on my windpipe and mean that I can't run for more than a few minutes without feeling like I want to keel over. I was thinking of starting with progressively longer walks. + Show Spoiler +
I'm ashamed to go to a gym here in Korea because I feel like enough of a freak as it is.
I also have access to a large roof garden at night where I could potentially do some form of work out. Any suggestions are really welcomed. Most of the weight has gone to my stomach (which used to be flat.) and my thighs/bum. (Plus a little bit to my arms.) People tell me they see signs of my weight loss more in my face and I have cheekbones back now.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to what to prioritise when dieting? I love all vegetables and fruits, but I'm not sure which ones are the most beneficial etc. Also does anyone know which foods are beneficial for your skin? I suffer from blemishes and look a bit like a vampire most of the time with no natural color.

*Hides*

that's great that you decided to change things...diet is definitely a big part of losing weight. i myself have changed my diet and have read a few articles here and there about dieting. so the one piece of advice i can give is eat more often. and by that i mean healthy food like fruits and veggies. instead of having 3 big meals a day, you'll have more of like 6-8 smaller meals. so what you want to do is eat before you get hungry, say every 2-3 hrs. that way your body is getting the proper nutrients on time, stops you from pigging out and you therefore consume less calories.
but of course your sched really needs to allow for this sort of dieting approach.


This is actually possible for me - I've also found a cheap source for little packets of nuts/seeds and raisins that are perfect for snacking on through out the day. I'm going to keep on preparing fruit and veg snacks before work. I've found I get really nauseous if I don't eat every couple of hours so hopefully this healthy snacking will stop that too.

The upside of saving so hard for my camera/lenses is that I just don't have the money to spend on buying breakfast each morning (breakfast used to consist of sandwiches, chocolate, snacks and soda.)

I also tried getting off one stop earlier on the subway yesterday. It takes me 10 minutes to brisk walk back home from there. It's not much, but it's a start.


One of my friends wrote a pretty good article on how to eat better... check it out

http://www.chrissalvato.com/2009/05/eating-right-how-to-get-started/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
August 07 2009 09:53 GMT
#1002
On August 06 2009 23:32 Energies wrote:
I'm starting to kill myself. 5-6 days of weight training, and almost daily cardio, with high intensity interval training 3 times a week. I might post an update photo next week. it sucks but I think I may still be 6-8 weeks away. Maybe more.

I am getting tired of the diet, I really am but I have started indulging just a bit here and there, in terms of maybe a cookie after dinner or some honey on my oatmeal in the morning, just small things to keep myself from cheating or going crazy.

I went down to around 150lb last December, climbed up and peaked at 161lb in terms of muscle development, and I have gone back down to 154lb (fat loss), aiming at 150lb again, but this time lean whilst December last year I had no muscle mass and still had fat. This is only my current goal to reveal my six pack, at which point I would like to get to 165-170lb and maintain <8-10% body fat.

I hate the fact that it is all out of my hands now and it is purely a matter of time.


Don't overdo it dude... significant overreaching/training can be worse on your body than just not working out at all. Elevated cortisol levels are unhealthy and start to redistribute fat around to your stomach.

Like anything you can't take it to the extreme. Working out and dieting to the extreme aren't healthy either. Everything moderation.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-07 12:55:22
August 07 2009 12:53 GMT
#1003
Yeah, if you're gaining weight rapidly make sure you're eating healthier stuff like proteins and natural fats like eggs and steaks rather than processed carbohydrates like pizza and junk food. But you probably already know that.

I'm actually going to try to get down to 154 before bulking back to 160 lb. It's always been really hard to get those last few pounds of muscle. The highest I've ever been with about 7% fat was 165 lb.

An update about me actually, I made it down to 156. I had to lighten up on the work out since I got busier but I think my metabolism is back up there thanks to work outs every other day. It feels really nice. I suppose I should get back in there a little bit more often when I have the time.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-07 14:12:51
August 07 2009 13:21 GMT
#1004
I find a quote by a bodybuilder called Lee Priest - Aussie dude.

I have no feelings about it either way, just found it amusing.

"Face it people who are on diets are pretty boring people, I don't know how people eat clean all year round just to look good, fuck that. Fuck the model look. Everyone in LA wants to have their jaw lines and look handsome. And the girls want to look good. Please, give me a break. Be fat and happy, you're all gonna die anyway. I'd rather die eating at kentucky than a chicken breast. And then again I know people who eat clean, they eat salads, chicken, exercise [and] have a heart attack at 40. Then I know people who drink and smoke and eat fattening foods and live 'til their 90 so just enjoy life. Get over the looks thing." - Lee Priest

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This is a guy who only gets into shape for shows and competition.

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-07 13:45:39
August 07 2009 13:39 GMT
#1005
ur telling me that guy isnt gonna die when hes 50? guy is obviously jacked on steroids

its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
August 07 2009 13:53 GMT
#1006
Wow that's awful. To do that for a contest, he must be starving himself when working out. That's really unhealthy. That's even more unhealthy than eating the food in the first place.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-07 18:33:45
August 07 2009 18:32 GMT
#1007
Haha I don't think you guys know how bodybuilders work. They're not allowed to be "jacked on steroids" anymore (though they might be taking some dubious, grey-area stuff), and if he was "starving himself" he wouldn't have any muscles either, along with the fat.

All he does is stop eating carbs before a meet. It's not hard to lose fat - stop eating carbs.

He'll still probably die by the time he hits 50 though. Funny quote.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
August 07 2009 18:48 GMT
#1008
Is that pick for real? i see the tats are similar but shit.... thats insane
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 07 2009 19:12 GMT
#1009
the quote seems really stupid
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-07 19:39:14
August 07 2009 19:38 GMT
#1010
On August 08 2009 03:32 psion0011 wrote:
Haha I don't think you guys know how bodybuilders work. They're not allowed to be "jacked on steroids" anymore (though they might be taking some dubious, grey-area stuff), and if he was "starving himself" he wouldn't have any muscles either, along with the fat.

All he does is stop eating carbs before a meet. It's not hard to lose fat - stop eating carbs.

He'll still probably die by the time he hits 50 though. Funny quote.


You're underestimating people's "do anything to win" nature. Pretty much all of the BBers in the open division are on steroids now just like professional sports (for any sport) probably has a lot of steroid violators. That said, the BBers do know how to do their cycles better than anyone so they know to do less than your average joe blow experimenting with steroids and when to cycle them high or lower. But yeah... it's definitely still prevalent

But yeah you're right... losing fat is pretty easy to go when you go low carb. But doing what Priest is doing is very unhealthy so I dunno why he's talking like that in the first place.

Once you change your habits and eat clean it's not a chore to do especially when it makes you feel better, perform better, have more energy, no insulin spike crashes, etc. all the time.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
ReTr0[p.S]
Profile Joined March 2005
Argentina1590 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-07 20:16:45
August 07 2009 20:16 GMT
#1011
I remember doing a cereal/cracker diet. Basically I would get up in the morning and eat 6 crackers, would skip lunch and eat cereal at about 4 or 5, after that I would do weights and I don't remember eating dinner. I lost like 50 lbs in two months, people were asking me if I had some disease lol. That was some crazy determination I had.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
August 07 2009 20:22 GMT
#1012
wat kind of cereal? corn pops?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44352 Posts
August 07 2009 20:28 GMT
#1013
KwarK
Age: 20 Height: 6"1'
Current Weight: 202lb
Goal Weight: 188
Starting Date: 19/07/09 (Started going to the gym every day then)
Goal Date:24/08/09


I want to get in better shape by my birthday, sort of as a present to myself. Been going to the gym every day for 3 weeks now but only just found this thread and wanted to join it. While at uni I got into the habit of eating one big meal every 30 or so hours rather than eating properly which I guess fucked my metabolism up because I found myself 2 stone heavier when I got back. Still not really sorted out my diet, I don't eat fried food or junk food but I do get through a lot of carbs and now I'm back with my parents there is always something to snack on so I'm eating all the time. But it's more fitness I'm working on at the moment and I'm burning off over twice what I managed the first gym session now so hopefully I'll get fit enough to burn off the excess and lose some fat.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-07 23:43:26
August 07 2009 23:40 GMT
#1014
Julmust
Age: 23 Height: 6''3' (I guess)/195cm
Current weight: 308lb/140kg
Goal weight: 220lb/100kg
Starting date: 10/08/2009
Goal date: 10/08/2010

I'm fat and I want to do something about it, that's basically my motivation. I'm sick of constantly hitting things cause I'm bigger then I feel (if that makes any sence).

Since my body is my biggest obsticle here (aka. knees and feet and such) I'm going to start off slow with taking a 1-1½ hour walk every night and taking the bike to work instead of driving, atleast the shifts where I don't start at 8am.

I can't hold a diet for my life, I mean usually sure I eat a burger now and then but when I know I can't have fastfood? My god that's when I want pizza and shit like that. So no limitations on that, but I'm gonna try to keep it down.

Giving myself 12 months, that's 3kg or 7lb a month. I should be able to do that by just getting out an hour a day. If I finish earlier fine, but 12 months is the timeframe here

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
August 07 2009 23:57 GMT
#1015
Uh, you're going to get pretty much zero results if you don't change your diet. Especially if you're just walking. So yeah, good luck with that.
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-08 00:04:00
August 08 2009 00:03 GMT
#1016
I'm going to change my diet, but with no limitations I meant that I'm not gonna say to myself "you can't have a burger ever again" or "you can't have a beer one night a week".

And I'm starting out with walking since my knees will most likely go bust if I go straight into running, once my weight drops down to about 120 I'll start running.

edit:
thanks for the amazingly helpful post btw.
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 08 2009 00:19 GMT
#1017
I think im gonna try to get a job as a firefighter

so... more cardio/stamina work for me
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
August 08 2009 00:30 GMT
#1018
On August 08 2009 09:03 Julmust wrote:
I'm going to change my diet, but with no limitations I meant that I'm not gonna say to myself "you can't have a burger ever again" or "you can't have a beer one night a week".

And I'm starting out with walking since my knees will most likely go bust if I go straight into running, once my weight drops down to about 120 I'll start running.

edit:
thanks for the amazingly helpful post btw.

You're going into it with a half-hearted losing attitude. I see way too many people do this, in all aspects of life. They don't try their best so if they fail it's not their fault. It gets irritating after a while.

But whatever, prove me wrong. If you do reach your goal then I guess I'm just an asshole

By the way use an elliptical for you knees then you can up the intensity.
weaksauce
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
369 Posts
August 08 2009 00:39 GMT
#1019
[B]

And I'm starting out with walking since my knees will most likely go bust if I go straight into running, once my weight drops down to about 120 I'll start running.

edit:
thanks for the amazingly helpful post btw.


Swimming is good for that, man I always feel so tired after swimming for a while.

even if he DID detect penis - cubEdin
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-08 00:52:00
August 08 2009 00:48 GMT
#1020
On August 08 2009 09:03 Julmust wrote:
I'm going to change my diet, but with no limitations I meant that I'm not gonna say to myself "you can't have a burger ever again" or "you can't have a beer one night a week".

And I'm starting out with walking since my knees will most likely go bust if I go straight into running, once my weight drops down to about 120 I'll start running.

edit:
thanks for the amazingly helpful post btw.


If you change your limitations to "once every 2-4 weeks" instead of "week", you'll be much better off. I try to drink alcohol maybe once a month now; eating fast food about the same.

edit:

to elaborate, I used to think the same as you. That "a beer once a week" or something wasn't "that bad". But it really is. It adds up quickly if you do it once a week. I've lost almost 70 pounds in a year so far, so heed my advice!
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.