• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9006 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 133

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 234 Next
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 28 2016 16:38 GMT
#2641
any pump you are or aren't getting is more likely a function of your mind-muscle connection than it is with the mechanics of your setup. focus on contraction more and worry less about the set up. i rarely if ever think consciously about the setup. i just "feel" whether it's right or not.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-28 22:07:05
September 28 2016 22:06 GMT
#2642
On September 28 2016 22:07 IgnE wrote:
because you arent taking care of yourself


My lifting buddy that trained at the national center in china for a week over the summer said they made him do a ton more stretching/rolling/recovery stuff. I've been slacking on it for a while and started doing a lot more lately. Definitely helping.

Worked up to a 175kg front squat this week. Might be a beltless PR, heaviest I've done since like Feb. Plenty more strength in my legs, still trying to un-fuck all the tightness in my hips and engage my core/glutes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK3wPT0DucW
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
September 28 2016 22:12 GMT
#2643
385lb, holy shit

i'm comfortably squatting 225lb now i have a loooong way to go
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 29 2016 00:48 GMT
#2644
On September 29 2016 07:12 Jer99 wrote:
385lb, holy shit

i'm comfortably squatting 225lb now i have a loooong way to go

If you're comfortably squatting you're probably doing it wrong.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 29 2016 02:15 GMT
#2645
If you're uncomfortably squatting you're probably also doing something wrong.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-29 03:07:55
September 29 2016 02:48 GMT
#2646
On September 29 2016 11:15 decafchicken wrote:
If you're uncomfortably squatting you're probably also doing something wrong.


I meant that any time I put something on my back for 5 reps or less, I have this thought at the back of my head that it may crush me and I might die, and anything I put on there for 6 or more I get halfway through and start to seriously consider that I might be suffocating. I haven't been "comfortable" with a squat that wasn't a warmup in a long time.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-29 04:11:23
September 29 2016 04:10 GMT
#2647
Another question, so I've been doing low rep high sets squats for a while, and never pushing 1RM weight unless I'm actually going for that. Lately, I've adopted the habit of doing pause squats, not for any good reason but just because it feels right if I'm going 70% max and want to have the best form possible. Is there any real benefit to doing only pause squats? I never push out the absolute last rep cuz I've been told that doing it with bad form isn't worth it. I used to always go for that last rep either with a spotter or otherwise. This has somewhat spread to other exercises as in I just stop at the last rep I'm able to do with good form.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 29 2016 04:50 GMT
#2648
the benefit is you reduce your injury risk and improve your strength out of the hole. the downside is that maybe you are giving up max gainz rate
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 29 2016 16:09 GMT
#2649
So I did a barbell incline bench press yesterday and it didn't cause me much discomfort. I kept my elbows next to my side basically. My mid back is kind of stiff today. I'm not sure if that's from the incline or from doing using the incline bench to do rows, haha.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
September 29 2016 16:29 GMT
#2650
Anyone knows what to do against butt wink? There's so much about it on the net that I'm getting a little lost.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 29 2016 17:52 GMT
#2651
For me it was ankle flexibility and probably hip flexibility as well.
Dante08
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Singapore4189 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-29 18:08:35
September 29 2016 18:06 GMT
#2652
On September 27 2016 00:06 Jer99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2016 16:16 Dante08 wrote:
Hi guys, my left knee sort of gave way during football and there was a crack sound before I fell. May I know what are the possible injuries? Afraid it might be an acl tear.

I can still bend my knee to 90 degrees and walk slowly, it's not really painful as well and but there is some swelling. Thanks in advance.


Sounds very similar to when I tore my acl minus the crack sound


Yeah when for an MRI the next day and confirmed is was a full acl tear
Sucks that I won't be able to play sports for almost a year. But I shall persevere and work hard towards recovery! How long ago did you injure yourself and how was the recovery process like? Any tips to share?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 29 2016 19:01 GMT
#2653
On September 30 2016 01:29 RvB wrote:
Anyone knows what to do against butt wink? There's so much about it on the net that I'm getting a little lost.


the short answer is keep working on your mobility and buy lifting shoes with an inclined heel. you will probably never develop the mobilty in your hips and especially your ankles to squat all the way down without any wink while barefoot. you are too old and fucked up.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 29 2016 19:04 GMT
#2654
On September 30 2016 03:06 Dante08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2016 00:06 Jer99 wrote:
On September 25 2016 16:16 Dante08 wrote:
Hi guys, my left knee sort of gave way during football and there was a crack sound before I fell. May I know what are the possible injuries? Afraid it might be an acl tear.

I can still bend my knee to 90 degrees and walk slowly, it's not really painful as well and but there is some swelling. Thanks in advance.


Sounds very similar to when I tore my acl minus the crack sound


Yeah when for an MRI the next day and confirmed is was a full acl tear
Sucks that I won't be able to play sports for almost a year. But I shall persevere and work hard towards recovery! How long ago did you injure yourself and how was the recovery process like? Any tips to share?


your knee will never be the same. accept this now.

my tip is dont go back into the gym two weeks after surgery to deadlift 400. had mine rebuilt while in college 8 years ago and my left leg is still smaller than my right, my knee swells after high impact sports, and is generally less capable than my right. i attribute that to the nature of the operation but also maybe not rehabbing/healing optimally. pushing it too fast in the gym and not focused enough on proper symmetrical development.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
September 29 2016 19:05 GMT
#2655
Holy shit sorry to hear. I tore mine in an April and got surgery for it in the same years November, but I'm in Canada and there's a decent wait time for it.

Tips:

- do the physio and all related excersises, do NOT skip any of it at all. I'm sure your doctor's will emphasize this as well, it's extremely important to build up the muscle again as soon as you can and not let it settle in a poor state.

- try building your leg up as much as you can before surgery

- get used to crutches going up and down stairs, if you've never used them before it can be a little tricky the first few go at stairs

- follow doctors and physios orders as well as you can. I started walking on it roughly a week after surgery but you can do it earlier if they advise it.

I got a hamstring graft done. 2 months post surgery I went back to work, and holy shit I was not ready for the crazy hamstring pain the first few days. That was the most painful part of he whole process, so depending on what kind of graft you have done be ready for pain in that area. I started going back to the gym the following August but I probably could have done it 6 months post op. Started with some very light leg excersises and eventually worked my way to squats and heavier lifts

I'm almost 3 years post surgery now and in the best shape of my life. There's some pain day to day but it's not bad, and playing sports feels great. When I'm running around playing soccer it's like nothing ever happened to that knee. Same thing with the gym, lifting feels natural so make sure you do the physio correctly
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 29 2016 19:11 GMT
#2656
I'm still trying to get my left hamstring back to my right's size. Been 6 years. Do the rehab and don't stop. I haven't had knee soreness after sports in a few years. Only complaints are a little more joint tightness, occasional clicking that goes away if you straighten the knee and pop it and the muscle imbalance as a result of temporarily being out of commission.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 29 2016 19:20 GMT
#2657
On September 30 2016 04:04 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2016 03:06 Dante08 wrote:
On September 27 2016 00:06 Jer99 wrote:
On September 25 2016 16:16 Dante08 wrote:
Hi guys, my left knee sort of gave way during football and there was a crack sound before I fell. May I know what are the possible injuries? Afraid it might be an acl tear.

I can still bend my knee to 90 degrees and walk slowly, it's not really painful as well and but there is some swelling. Thanks in advance.


Sounds very similar to when I tore my acl minus the crack sound


Yeah when for an MRI the next day and confirmed is was a full acl tear
Sucks that I won't be able to play sports for almost a year. But I shall persevere and work hard towards recovery! How long ago did you injure yourself and how was the recovery process like? Any tips to share?


your knee will never be the same. accept this now.

my tip is dont go back into the gym two weeks after surgery to deadlift 400. had mine rebuilt while in college 8 years ago and my left leg is still smaller than my right, my knee swells after high impact sports, and is generally less capable than my right. i attribute that to the nature of the operation but also maybe not rehabbing/healing optimally. pushing it too fast in the gym and not focused enough on proper symmetrical development.


Fully anecdotal evidence., one of our coaches had an ACL tear plus bone damage and even after surgery he was basically cripple for more than a year. He started "juicing" (I am not sure what exactly did he took) but in a few months he was doing stuff again and he is pretty much functional for everything now. (He still does his rehab stuff every day without exception)
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
September 29 2016 19:48 GMT
#2658
On September 30 2016 02:52 zulu_nation8 wrote:
For me it was ankle flexibility and probably hip flexibility as well.

Thanks

On September 30 2016 04:01 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2016 01:29 RvB wrote:
Anyone knows what to do against butt wink? There's so much about it on the net that I'm getting a little lost.


the short answer is keep working on your mobility and buy lifting shoes with an inclined heel. you will probably never develop the mobilty in your hips and especially your ankles to squat all the way down without any wink while barefoot. you are too old and fucked up.

Alright thanks. I've neglected mobility work so I figured that'd be the problem.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-29 21:26:04
September 29 2016 20:42 GMT
#2659
man acl tears sound really scary, did you guys also get it through a high impact sport, or was it from lifting, etc?
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 29 2016 20:43 GMT
#2660
I'm pretty sure you can do a lot worse things. I'm stronger than I ever was prior to the injury. I tried to kickblock a frisbee while running and the thrower faked and I tried to stop in front of him :/ Was dumb.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.