• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6550 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 131

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 234 Next
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 22 2016 19:19 GMT
#2601
112g protein per lb
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
September 22 2016 19:34 GMT
#2602
On September 23 2016 04:19 zulu_nation8 wrote:
112g protein per lb


ah ok makes more sense
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-23 07:59:55
September 23 2016 07:31 GMT
#2603
On September 22 2016 19:40 Garbels wrote:
But your protein from Costco is 39g/$ so ~40% more compared to your chicken and milk examples. So whey cheaper.


That's fair, just most people I know irl pay more, but I guess if we're money conscious, then I should assume we both find the best deals.

On September 22 2016 22:05 decafchicken wrote:
$15/kg!? I'd go broke. I usually pay 6-7/kg


I buy fresh once a week (not frozen), well less now, since I had a cycling accident around a month ago that required stitches, and I also must have tore something in my hand a little bit, as well as my thumb - so can't hold heavy things right now.

That and it's 1.32CAD/USD right now, so I can see you guys have it cheaper. Most smaller supermarkets (outside Costco, Superstore, Wal-mart) sell fresh chicken breast for $18/kg easy. People like their white mean here.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 10:10:55
September 24 2016 09:59 GMT
#2604
Managed to pull 210kg x 6 today, where do you guys think this puts my max at? Some of the rep max calculators I used says 250, but I highly doubt the accuracy of those calculators
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 18:53:41
September 24 2016 18:51 GMT
#2605
Yeah, I haven't found the 1RM calculators to be all that effective for big compound lifts, since form breaks down so quickly, while it's fairly reasonable for isolation exercises:

1 100
2 95
3 93
4 90
5 87
6 85
7 83
8 80
9 77
10 75
11 73
12 70

I recall some people here who were doing the Smolov or 5/3/1 used one of the first formulas that came up on google, and that's this one: wt. x reps x .0333 + wt.= 1RM.

Though honestly, if you're going to do a routine that basis weights off the 1RM, I think it's worthwhile to spend 3-7 days to test them yourself, and just add or take away a couple kilos based on your form and previous fatigue level, since each lift scales a bit differently (15 reps of squat will be way lower percentage of your 1RM vs 15 reps of bench press).

With my deadlift of 4x335lb, I was able to squeeze out 1x370lb next week, if that helps you with a rough estimate.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 24 2016 19:42 GMT
#2606
On September 23 2016 04:19 zulu_nation8 wrote:
112g protein per lb


I thought you were suggesting that for a diet for a second.

I have been doing dumbbell bench presses and they have been great for my triceps but a) I'm not sure it's doing well for my pecs and b) I'm starting to get some shoulder soreness in left arm. What do you suggest?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 24 2016 19:43 GMT
#2607
your form is probably bad. id guess you are either way too winged out with your elbows or with your shoulder blades
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 21:21:56
September 24 2016 20:54 GMT
#2608
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I pay a lot of attention to where my elbows are, but I'll keep them extra tight just for you to see if there's a difference.

I was trying them with a neutral grip earlier (which I did a lot years ago for some reason), but I didn't really like that. Maybe that means i should do it.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 24 2016 21:08 GMT
#2609
So I was doing t-bar rows and the bar kept hitting my manparts, is this because my butt should be higher or I should be bent over more?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 24 2016 22:02 GMT
#2610
I feel like you're missing a critical alternative to your suggestions.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 24 2016 23:02 GMT
#2611
On September 25 2016 05:54 Jerubaal wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I pay a lot of attention to where my elbows are, but I'll keep them extra tight just for you to see if there's a difference.

I was trying them with a neutral grip earlier (which I did a lot years ago for some reason), but I didn't really like that. Maybe that means i should do it.


you probably have scapular winging then. you need someone who knows what that is to diagnose you.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 24 2016 23:02 GMT
#2612
On September 25 2016 06:08 zulu_nation8 wrote:
So I was doing t-bar rows and the bar kept hitting my manparts, is this because my butt should be higher or I should be bent over more?


stand on two 45s to raise yourself up. if the landmine you are using is high it can happen.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 25 2016 04:29 GMT
#2613
On September 25 2016 08:02 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2016 05:54 Jerubaal wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I pay a lot of attention to where my elbows are, but I'll keep them extra tight just for you to see if there's a difference.

I was trying them with a neutral grip earlier (which I did a lot years ago for some reason), but I didn't really like that. Maybe that means i should do it.


you probably have scapular winging then. you need someone who knows what that is to diagnose you.


It's mostly on my left side. Does that fit?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Dante08
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Singapore4189 Posts
September 25 2016 07:16 GMT
#2614
Hi guys, my left knee sort of gave way during football and there was a crack sound before I fell. May I know what are the possible injuries? Afraid it might be an acl tear.

I can still bend my knee to 90 degrees and walk slowly, it's not really painful as well and but there is some swelling. Thanks in advance.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
September 25 2016 10:29 GMT
#2615
On September 25 2016 16:16 Dante08 wrote:
Hi guys, my left knee sort of gave way during football and there was a crack sound before I fell. May I know what are the possible injuries? Afraid it might be an acl tear.

I can still bend my knee to 90 degrees and walk slowly, it's not really painful as well and but there is some swelling. Thanks in advance.


Go see a doctor!
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-25 13:44:37
September 25 2016 13:42 GMT
#2616
On September 25 2016 06:08 zulu_nation8 wrote:
So I was doing t-bar rows and the bar kept hitting my manparts, is this because my butt should be higher or I should be bent over more?


lmao xD

i usually bend over so the plates hit my chest before they would hit my manparts

But you're probably using a real T-bar and not just a straight olympic bar which makes the plates go higher up to your face maybe? So idk, im using a straight bar whenever i do "T-bar rows" so the plates come to my chest
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 25 2016 17:00 GMT
#2617
On September 25 2016 22:42 Pulimuli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2016 06:08 zulu_nation8 wrote:
So I was doing t-bar rows and the bar kept hitting my manparts, is this because my butt should be higher or I should be bent over more?


lmao xD

i usually bend over so the plates hit my chest before they would hit my manparts

But you're probably using a real T-bar and not just a straight olympic bar which makes the plates go higher up to your face maybe? So idk, im using a straight bar whenever i do "T-bar rows" so the plates come to my chest



oh yeah thats another possibility. i always use that v-shaped neutral grip handle
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 25 2016 17:01 GMT
#2618
On September 25 2016 13:29 Jerubaal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2016 08:02 IgnE wrote:
On September 25 2016 05:54 Jerubaal wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I pay a lot of attention to where my elbows are, but I'll keep them extra tight just for you to see if there's a difference.

I was trying them with a neutral grip earlier (which I did a lot years ago for some reason), but I didn't really like that. Maybe that means i should do it.


you probably have scapular winging then. you need someone who knows what that is to diagnose you.


It's mostly on my left side. Does that fit?


its possible to have scapular winging on only one side or worse on one side than another if thats what you are asking. are you left handed?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 25 2016 17:58 GMT
#2619
On September 26 2016 02:01 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2016 13:29 Jerubaal wrote:
On September 25 2016 08:02 IgnE wrote:
On September 25 2016 05:54 Jerubaal wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I pay a lot of attention to where my elbows are, but I'll keep them extra tight just for you to see if there's a difference.

I was trying them with a neutral grip earlier (which I did a lot years ago for some reason), but I didn't really like that. Maybe that means i should do it.


you probably have scapular winging then. you need someone who knows what that is to diagnose you.


It's mostly on my left side. Does that fit?


its possible to have scapular winging on only one side or worse on one side than another if thats what you are asking. are you left handed?


No, I'm right handed, although a little cross dominant.

The feeling I get from lifting with my right vs left arm is rather different. When I'm pulling with my right arm, it feels very localized, like only my pecs and tris are working, while when I pull with my left, it feels like the whole arm is working. It's really apparent when I do bent over rows. I considered that this might be because the major muscles in my left arm aren't as strong, so the arm tries to recruit as many muscles as it can, while the right arm is just trained to only recruit the major muscles because they are stronger.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
JumboJohnson
Profile Joined December 2011
537 Posts
September 26 2016 01:24 GMT
#2620
Started trying to work out and jog. Going about 3 weeks now and was jogging and managed to go 1.5 miles of jogging straight and felt pretty good. The next day had some soreness in my big toe so I took some naxopren. Felt alright so I worked out the next day and jogged another mile. That night I was awoken with a huge pain in my toe/ball of the foot.

I have obviously gone too hard too fast but I'd like to know what I possibly hurt and how to avoid it in the future. Thanks!
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 12m
INu's Battles
7h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 12m
OSC
18h 27m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.