• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6049 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 129

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 131 234 Next
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 09 2016 00:11 GMT
#2561
Why is the hardest part of my workout reracking the plates after deadlifts/deadlift variations? Seriously have to psych myself up for that shit.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
September 09 2016 00:14 GMT
#2562
Yeah actually looking back the weight does look awfully close to smashing my foot LOL

@Gotunk it's my stance that's wide
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 14 2016 03:08 GMT
#2563
AM: Running

PM: Back Squat double PR,now as a crossfiter.

decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 14 2016 04:18 GMT
#2564
that was ugly. i miss strong gotunk
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 14 2016 13:19 GMT
#2565
On September 14 2016 13:18 decafchicken wrote:
that was ugly. i miss strong gotunk


my heavy squats are always ugly lol

sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
September 16 2016 01:32 GMT
#2566
I'm curious to hear of what your guys opinions on Crossfit?

I don't plan on switching over at all, I'm just curious. There's seem to be an air of arrogance from people I know who Crossfit, while my other gym friends look at it in suspicion.
Forever Young
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 16 2016 02:01 GMT
#2567
did it for a little while. Decent way to get into exercise because of the wide variety of things you do, but it's also important to find a good gym with good coaches.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-16 09:30:31
September 16 2016 09:27 GMT
#2568
My opinions are(plz don't sue me):
The company with their suing and intimidation tactics and general greediness seems shady at best.
The constant search for new workouts leads to very silly exercises.
The general competitiveness can lead to many problems (mostly injury due to pushing with bad form).
The community seems very cultish.
If you can remove yourself from all that crossfit, with a good coach, seems to be the best(of the mainstream stuff) at producing 'complete' athletes.
Also despite all that crossfit has a tremendously positive impact on the fitness industry and the fitness of humans worldwide. Direct and indirect.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
September 16 2016 09:30 GMT
#2569
Wow that really was a perfect summary imo.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 16 2016 12:27 GMT
#2570
Yeah that was actually pretty accurate Garbels.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 16 2016 12:43 GMT
#2571
Intimidation is too much, but constant suing is expected. People are gaining business by advertising themselves as crossfit gyms (according to CrossFit's patents and copyrights), so obviously they'll sue. I don't agree with it, but expecting them not to is crazy.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 16 2016 12:49 GMT
#2572
Intimidation is a fitting descriptor; I know a legal intern for crossfit and she tells me that her office is incredibly liberal with cease and desists, even when the alleged offender implements programming that looks only remotely like crossfit. They don't have a very good success with them, to boot. The only ones that stick seem to deal with gyms that outright claim to be crossfit certified lol.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 16 2016 18:21 GMT
#2573
well yeah. crossfit didnt invent fitness. the only things they can really protect are their associated trademarks.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-16 18:24:31
September 16 2016 18:24 GMT
#2574
I think they have a pending process patent on the crossfit programming scheme and they use it as an illusory basis for threatening yet empty C&D's. But yeah, the trademark stuff is usually pretty slam-dunk for Crossfit from what I hear.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-17 16:05:43
September 17 2016 16:04 GMT
#2575
I didn't post here in a long time !
June was another meuh month I was so pissed at myself for 2 years of plateau (blablabla excuse excuse, no sport budy stronger and fitter than everyone that I know, work, I like the way I look in the miror blablabla I'm shit) I subscribe to the perfect gym (open 7/7 compatible with work hours squat rack and oly platform both rare where I live)
3 months 5-6 times a week
Mobility wayyy better (Snatch is still hard)
Squat : 110kg PR (102.5 for 5*3 this week)
Bench : 5x5 75kg PR
Deadlift : 4x3 105kg (far from PR)
Pull up weighted with 10kg : 4x6

BW up at 70kg
First meet 5/11 u74kg qualification for regional is 327.5kg I'm hopping for 350kg then I will switch to a more crossfit oriented program.
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-17 22:30:34
September 17 2016 22:30 GMT
#2576
odd question I'll ask here before turning to google...

I don't do curls often. I've usually just let my arms get worked with compound movements (pull-ups, pull-downs, various rows for biceps). Now that I've started going to the gym seriously again my wife is requesting I try to see what kind of arm candy I can produce.

I'm aware that triceps are key to arm size and that's not an issue. The issue is when I try to do curls my arms just DIE. Weight feels fine for the first set and then my arms will just refuse to bend mid set. Even something that feels easy the first set or two will lead to stalling.

I'm probably just weak but I'm really not sure how to fix this. Just start with a really low weight and slowly work up? Do some kind of variations?

I don't feel like my biceps have had a negative affect on my compound pulls, but I am curious to see if maybe those would jump.

Also, anyone have tips for building big biceps?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 18 2016 19:18 GMT
#2577
how big are you now? what's your body fat%? how strong are you?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 18 2016 19:34 GMT
#2578
[image loading]
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 19 2016 14:36 GMT
#2579
On September 18 2016 07:30 y0su wrote:
odd question I'll ask here before turning to google...

I don't do curls often. I've usually just let my arms get worked with compound movements (pull-ups, pull-downs, various rows for biceps). Now that I've started going to the gym seriously again my wife is requesting I try to see what kind of arm candy I can produce.

I'm aware that triceps are key to arm size and that's not an issue. The issue is when I try to do curls my arms just DIE. Weight feels fine for the first set and then my arms will just refuse to bend mid set. Even something that feels easy the first set or two will lead to stalling.

I'm probably just weak but I'm really not sure how to fix this. Just start with a really low weight and slowly work up? Do some kind of variations?

I don't feel like my biceps have had a negative affect on my compound pulls, but I am curious to see if maybe those would jump.

Also, anyone have tips for building big biceps?


I had this same issue after my pinched nerves in my neck from rugby. Muscle would either cramp/seize up or just not work. Shit like brushing my teeth or holding on to the standing rail on the train would murder my bicep. Doing isolation work was pretty much impossible, I literally just couldn't curl weights that should have been light or my muscles would tire out very quickly. Took lots of time and soft tissue work to get the muscles working right again, and then slow, linear progression. The way my massage therapist explained is like this. Say you have a 100 muscle fibers in your bicep (these numbers are purely for illustration) and 40 of mine tightened up to protect the nerve after I got my pinched nerve from rugby. If they are never fixed via massage, rehab, etc. then they are just constantly being worked. This only leaves the other 60 to do 'work' when i'm exercising at the gym or whatever. And on the flipside, my tricep is now constantly working against those tight bicep muscles so there's further inefficiency. No idea if there's scientific basis but yeah.

Anyways, TLDR: Either your biceps are super weak and you just need to put in a lot of consistent work in them, or maybe somethings fucked up, i.e. muscles are tight, or nerve impingement, thoracic outlet syndrome, etc.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 19 2016 16:22 GMT
#2580
I wasn't paying attention and I pinched my nutsack pretty bad doing lateral raises
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 131 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 45m
Patches Events
10h 45m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.