• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 128

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 234 Next
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 05 2016 23:17 GMT
#2541
Well during college, I was a little under 5'9'' and a little under 140. I wish I could tell you how to gain weight, but I just got older and fatter.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-05 23:46:49
September 05 2016 23:46 GMT
#2542
On September 06 2016 07:22 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2016 04:27 IgnE wrote:
You should be eating like 2000 calories of chicken and rice a day Aerisky on top of your snacks. Easy to digest. Easy to get 150g protein in. You need to be measuring this. At least a full pound of chicken for dinner with a huge plate of rice. Put whatever sauces on it that you want to make it palatable.

I do ground beef and rice when I'm trying to gain weight, chicken or fish when I'm not.


I'm not saying don't eat beef, but cheap ground beef can be rough to eat every day. Chicken is pretty cheap and easy to digest. Just lather it up w butter or ev olive oil to add ez calories.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-06 00:39:15
September 06 2016 00:38 GMT
#2543
@Aerisky

I 100% agree with the rest that your diet is the most important thing. I have a friend who roids but barely put on more than 2kg on himself because of his shitty "I'm always so full" "Oh, I don't count but it's at least 4k calories" diet. I honestly think if you're committing yourself to gaining or losing weight, you're definitely wasting your own time if you're not counting your calories seriously if you already know you're one of those people who have made no progress just estimating.

Since you're a student like me and probably buy your own food, I'll share my diet with you because I'm cheap af and don't like spending on food.

For protein:
- At least 20g of protein from eggs for Breakfast. This can come in the form of 4 whole eggs (ideal for someone like you trying to gain weight) or 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg (this was my breakfast when I was cutting)
- 300g raw chicken breast (60g of protein) for lunch + dinner. I only eat chicken breast because it's the cheapest, I go to this supermarket where I get 2kg frozen for $12. Just defrost, cut it up, and measure the weight once in a small bowl. Then use that bowl to measure/eyeball your chicken breast from then on. I usually let my chicken marinate in char siew sauce / teriyaki / or soy sauce.

Although sometimes life definitely gets in the way and you can't dedicate yourself to eating chicken + rice for lunch and dinner everyday, so if you go out and eat and estimate that you're not getting enough protein (you usually don't) then you can just go home and eat some of the chicken. Or you could drink whey if you have it. I can't afford it so I just eat chicken. Oh forgot to mention that chicken thighs cost around the same, and have more fat content therefore more calories, would probably be a good choice for you since you're trying to gain weight.

For carbs and fats:
- Carbs you probably just want to eat it every meal, like a bunch of rice or pasta. I can get this wholemeal pasta which has some protein and decent amount of fibre in it each serving, so maybe you can look around the supermarket.
- If you don't go to the gym after your main meals, you should try and eat some carbs. You'll get better pumps and have more energy. This is where I usually eat some junk, that's why I dont eat chicken thighs. I save my fat macros for the junk food.
- Fats. Personally I eat a low fat diet other than the junk food, around 70g per day. Some people do better with higher fats, but I find that eating more fatty foods aren't actually as satiating as people say, and I get hungry af just as easily. So I might as well eat less fat and more carbs to keep satiated.

Training:

I mainly do Powerlifting since I compete and I take it quite seriously, but I found that I still have to spend time doing something other than the Powerlifts if I want to look like I lift. Seriously. I wasted so much time thinking the compound exercises were enough and I just had to do 2-3 sets of curls and tricep extensions once a week to get a small pump and I'd look jacked. For lifting more is more. If you're doing a total of 10 sets of curls, you're definitely going to get more gains unless its like 10 sets of the same exercise using babby weight cos that's just cardio.

But you just have to remember that you can't out-train a bad diet. It took me awhile to realize this. If you're sloppy about your diet it's basically an acceptance that you're going to be training sloppily. The harder you diet, that harder you will train. If you eat like shit, you're going to eat like shit and train like shit because you know you've already lost before entering the gym.

Good luck man, I wish you all the best.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 06 2016 00:40 GMT
#2544
On August 30 2016 09:38 IgnE wrote:
Rowed 500m in 1:24.8 today. Couldn't really catch my breath for the rest of the workout.


Rowed 500m in 1:23.0 today. Feelin' kind of deathy.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-06 06:41:24
September 06 2016 06:40 GMT
#2545
On September 06 2016 04:27 IgnE wrote:
You should be eating like 2000 calories of chicken and rice a day Aerisky on top of your snacks. Easy to digest. Easy to get 150g protein in. You need to be measuring this. At least a full pound of chicken for dinner with a huge plate of rice. Put whatever sauces on it that you want to make it palatable.

Oh holy fuck. Damn yeah I don't think I ever ate to that level. Lots of cheap food around so I usually just eat out every day, but I've been trying to learn to cook myself so I'll try to do that to get the protein+calories in, thanks.

@phyre112: I'll try to do beef and rice as well!

@az: I actually eat out a lot u_u but I'll be buying groceries and cooking my own food for the week.

I'm allergic to dairy, egg, nuts, fish, shellfish, so no eggs for me, or whey/casein powder. I have like other protein powder though yeah. The carbs and fats breakdown sounds good though, I'll try to get a lot of rice and pasta, and I'll see myself with respect to fats.

Definitely really good points about the diet yeah, I've pretty much heard the same everywhere--i.e. diet is 60%+ of the deal, and you just have to lift consistently with a good diet. I've been complacent since I notice I eat at least as much as my friends who are bigger/heavier than I am, and I estimate the same amount of extra snacks, but yeah that's clearly not cutting it right now and I'm probably off. Thanks man :D
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
September 06 2016 08:24 GMT
#2546
You could try eating enriched breads with whatever spreads you can eat for breakfast. The breads should have some amount of protein in them and they taste bomb af haha
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
September 06 2016 14:18 GMT
#2547
Simple chicken breast:
Heat oven 225c (400f?)
Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper both sides.
Bake 10 min, flip and bake 10 min more.


Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 06 2016 21:14 GMT
#2548
You're not going to feel full on just fats if you also routinely eat significant carbs.

I'm also interested if anyone has any equation for calories. I'm still a little skeptical of the "just eat as much as possible" school.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
September 06 2016 23:04 GMT
#2549
On September 07 2016 06:14 Jerubaal wrote:
You're not going to feel full on just fats if you also routinely eat significant carbs.

I'm also interested if anyone has any equation for calories. I'm still a little skeptical of the "just eat as much as possible" school.

Set rate of weight loss/gain goal.
Weigh daily.
Hit protein goals.
Train consistent.
Track calories(and hit daily goals).
Adjust calories weekly based on weight trendline.
Don't get sidetracked by details.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 06 2016 23:47 GMT
#2550
On September 07 2016 06:14 Jerubaal wrote:
You're not going to feel full on just fats if you also routinely eat significant carbs.

People say this but I haven't experienced this. Eating tons of fats makes me terrible usually.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 07 2016 01:51 GMT
#2551
From someone who has never counted calories:

Weight yourself everyday in the morning. Eat more until you are gaining a bit of weight most of the time.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
September 07 2016 03:25 GMT
#2552
On September 07 2016 08:47 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2016 06:14 Jerubaal wrote:
You're not going to feel full on just fats if you also routinely eat significant carbs.

People say this but I haven't experienced this. Eating tons of fats makes me terrible usually.


No, I mean if you're eating lots of carbs, you will have a significant insulin level. Thus, you will need carbs to feel full because that fat is not going to clear the insulin. And you do eat a ton of fat, you are just lacing it with shitloads of carbs.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 07 2016 04:31 GMT
#2553
On September 06 2016 09:40 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2016 09:38 IgnE wrote:
Rowed 500m in 1:24.8 today. Couldn't really catch my breath for the rest of the workout.


Rowed 500m in 1:23.0 today. Feelin' kind of deathy.


Wasn't even phased by 1000m of interval sprints at beginning of rugby. Being in shape is awesome. And my trainer set my SI joint and it feels a million times better.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 07 2016 23:07 GMT
#2554
I'm so out of shape 1000 m would be a mild jog for me lol
Official Entusman #21
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
September 08 2016 04:56 GMT
#2555
Finally joined the 500lb deadlift club. Had a small minor hitch but I'll count it as a gym PR.

“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 08 2016 12:06 GMT
#2556
Now get to 600, big boy.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
September 08 2016 12:29 GMT
#2557
Next year. I'm comin for you old man :^)
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 08 2016 13:59 GMT
#2558
damn that left side was scary close to landing on your foot :O

nice pull though ez
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 08 2016 19:01 GMT
#2559
On September 08 2016 22:59 tofucake wrote:
damn that left side was scary close to landing on your foot :O

nice pull though ez


Yeah wtf, is your stance super wide or is that bar shorter?

Congrats!
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 08 2016 21:16 GMT
#2560
Nice work Ehzera. Most I pulled was 4 plates but I can barely do 3 now Gotta work back up slowly!
Official Entusman #21
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.