• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8149 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 123

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 234 Next
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 01 2016 15:34 GMT
#2441
how do I get back on the wagon when I fell off? (3 weeks).
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 01 2016 15:46 GMT
#2442
You go back into the gym?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 01 2016 15:50 GMT
#2443
no, I could've but haven't. Bad sleep, tired after work, can't wake up early enough to go before, been drinking a lot.
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-01 15:52:07
August 01 2016 15:51 GMT
#2444
3 weeks really isn't that long, you should be able to go right back into it, or just start with a lighter workout if you really feel that out of shape.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
August 01 2016 16:30 GMT
#2445
On August 02 2016 00:50 zulu_nation8 wrote:
no, I could've but haven't. Bad sleep, tired after work, can't wake up early enough to go before, been drinking a lot.

You're jist making excuses for yourself mate. I've had periods with drugs and alcohol the last few months and I wake up at least once a night to take a piss so I don't sleep too well. I still go 3 times a week. Haven't had a lot of progress but at least I didn't get weaker either. The best thing to do is to stop the drinking for a few weeks and then the rest will improve as well. There's no magic bullet to start again.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 01 2016 17:31 GMT
#2446
If it's a priority make the time. If not, enjoy your life doing other things. But you're probably missing out on the benefits of consistently lifting
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 01 2016 19:17 GMT
#2447
I've deadlifted hangover with 4 hours of time at least 20 times during my 20's.

You should always get into the gym and do what you can, what happens in life is not important. As John Broz said "There will never be a day when you can't squat the bar".
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
August 01 2016 21:36 GMT
#2448
Anyone have any hypotheses on why my blood pressure would spike on a keto diet?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 01 2016 21:41 GMT
#2449
Well you've recently radically changed how you're eating, so that might do it.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
August 01 2016 21:45 GMT
#2450
I would think that it would cause a drop in blood pressure considering the lost water weight.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-02 00:18:22
August 02 2016 00:15 GMT
#2451
Yeah, ketogenic diets shouldn't make your blood pressure go up, besides potentially the first week or so as the body adjusts. As long as it's not some massive spike, and you're below 140/90, I'd give it a couple more weeks and monitor it closely.

Also, double check that your diet is what it's supposed to be, as eating too much protein defeats the purpose of it, and most importantly make sure you're getting all your vitamins and minerals (magnesium, calcium, and iron off the top of my head). If it doesn't get better, than I'd use the argument that all our bodies are a little bit different, and it'd be best to go back to the carbs.

Personally, I think ketogenic diets are awful for a healthy person (and very shortsighted), so I hope you're not using it to try and get to 5% BF, but rather for some medical benefit. I think you complained a few pages back how the research done on this stuff is so bad, and the fact that there aren't any studies that I'm aware of that follow people into their older life, it's too unknown right now for me to risk putting my body through it.

Anyway, good luck!
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 02 2016 02:02 GMT
#2452
a couple months of keto is a decent way for someone to break a nasty carb/sugar habit though
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 02 2016 02:08 GMT
#2453
On August 02 2016 11:02 tofucake wrote:
a couple months of keto is a decent way for someone to break a nasty carb/sugar habit though


Best argument for keto. I think keto is great for people to break their carb/sugar addiction (usually overweight people) and then transition into a normal diet
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-02 02:47:28
August 02 2016 02:46 GMT
#2454
Why would protein sabotage keto? I'm not going out of my way to eat protein, but meat seems to be a staple of the diet.

I'm pretty health (aren't we all), I just want to lose some excess fat. I'm pretty slender so even a little kind of shows. I've been on it for 2 weeks and lost about 9 pounds, of which I'm sure several pounds were water. Sodas were definitely my vice.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
August 02 2016 16:06 GMT
#2455
On August 02 2016 11:46 Jerubaal wrote:
Why would protein sabotage keto? I'm not going out of my way to eat protein, but meat seems to be a staple of the diet.

I'm pretty health (aren't we all), I just want to lose some excess fat. I'm pretty slender so even a little kind of shows. I've been on it for 2 weeks and lost about 9 pounds, of which I'm sure several pounds were water. Sodas were definitely my vice.


Excessive protein leads to the manufacture of carbohydrate intermediates (oxaloacetate or acetyl groups) in the liver through gluconeogenesis which is easier on the body than beta oxidation and the formation of ketone bodies from fat. A good ketosis diet gets at least 50% of calories from fat if I'm remembering right, though it's been a while since I researched them.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
August 02 2016 19:18 GMT
#2456
Ehhh, in the absence of insulin, fat should be burned.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-02 20:13:44
August 02 2016 20:12 GMT
#2457
On July 31 2016 02:51 phyre112 wrote:
In case anyone had any doubt decaf's thighs are the size of my waist and his team is MURICA.


Lost by 3 points in the championship to Canada, sorry america

On August 02 2016 00:50 zulu_nation8 wrote:
no, I could've but haven't. Bad sleep, tired after work, can't wake up early enough to go before, been drinking a lot.


Those are just excuses, and not even good ones. I haven't gone 3 weeks without working out in probably close to 10 years. Make it a priority, and just go. Go and do anything. Then go again. And go again. No matter what. You don't need to be perfectly rested, not hungover, in a good mood, w/e to workout. My most recent squat PR (232kg) came after I had been out late drinking for a work event. And I did it during my lunch because that was the only time I had to do it.

Maybe replace the drinking with working out. You'll feel better, sleep better, and be less tired.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-02 23:37:31
August 02 2016 23:36 GMT
#2458
On August 03 2016 04:18 Jerubaal wrote:
Ehhh, in the absence of insulin, fat should be burned.


The long answer here is that metabolism isn't that simple. It's less of an on/off switch and more of a hundred different dials that all depend on how the rest of the dials are set, and that you're misunderstanding the role of insulin. Several amino acids are insulinogenic, they can be converted to carbohydrate intermediates, the body will burn whatever is available to it, and provided that what is available is not adequate will undertake a variety of options to make up the shortfall.

The short answer is that the only practical state with an "absence of insulin" is called type-1 diabetes and it's pretty much a death sentence if it isn't treated.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 03 2016 03:57 GMT
#2459
Holy shit I'm finally in shape. Guess all the interval sprinting, rugby, and high volume lifting this summer did something. Played 4 games of rugby this weekend no prob then crushed 10x150m sprints and 90 minutes of rugby tonight and felt great. Probably haven't been this fit since I was in college lol. Although going for a 10RM squat in the 170-180kg range tomorrow is gonna be fucking roooooough.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
August 03 2016 04:42 GMT
#2460
Maybe I am. If you're telling me that some proteins are insulinogenic, then I can easily understand that.

I'm just not sure if you're not putting the cart before the horse on ketones. It always seemed to me that they were an indication that what you were doing was working, not that ketogenesis was the goal.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Prev 1 121 122 123 124 125 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 136
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2089
Dendi637
XaKoH 370
Counter-Strike
x6flipin261
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1320
B2W.Neo527
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee150
dupreeh102
XBOCT1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick575
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1432
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.