• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 82

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 173 Next
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 30 2014 01:46 GMT
#1621
On May 30 2014 10:25 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2014 09:23 Jerubaal wrote:
Newest video on Bret Contreras's YT channel with researcher Stu Phillips busts "hormone effect" of compound lifts.


What is the hormone effect, can you give a summary outside of watching an hour long video?


The hormone effect is that when you do heavy compound lifts like deads and squats, your testosterone/HGH/Insulin-like GF are elevated and will produce muscle on other parts of your body. The researcher said that while test levels may rise 2x-3x higher than normal for 15-30 minutes, there is no muscle protein synthesis in non activated muscles and there is no additional muscle protein synthesis when doing the exercises proximally.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 30 2014 02:12 GMT
#1622
Lies. Flawef methodology
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 30 2014 02:55 GMT
#1623
But, HOW MANY REPS DID THEY DO?!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 30 2014 03:01 GMT
#1624
On May 30 2014 11:12 IgnE wrote:
Lies. Flawef methodology


Serious or joking?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 30 2014 08:12 GMT
#1625
so srs. bret contrarian preaching dogma off of one flawed study
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 30 2014 12:22 GMT
#1626
Did 4x25 goblet squats with 60lb. Out of the corner of my eye I'd say there was a slight butt wink, much less pronounced. Sitting in the car on the way to work there was a little discomfort in my right SI but haven't felt anything since. Also, that was the hardest part of my workout lol, needed the mental focus to finish.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 30 2014 13:50 GMT
#1627
On May 30 2014 09:27 Arisen wrote:
This is going to sound really strange. So, I'm getting within striking distance of a good weight for the first time in my life since I was a very little kid (I had to take steroids and was bedridden, so i ballooned when i was a kid and never really lost it).

So as I lose the weight, I'm working on all kinds of things, one of the main things being posture. I've always had HORRIBLE posture. I think for the most part I stand correctly now, but when I do, I notice my chest really sticks out. Now, I've always had fat around that area, but it's not the medical condition Gynecomastia, I was just fat. I still have a bit of fat there, and its slowly coming off, but I notice my chest sticks way out when I'm standing up straight; like a guy trying to show off or something. Most of the fat is gone off my chest, so I don't know why it's sticking out so much. Bench is probably my weakest lift so far (I'm barely cresting 125,) and by no means and I particularly strong in my chest.

Is this normal? I know it sounds silly, but I'm fairly self conscious that I look like I'm trying to stick out my chest a ton and I look silly, but I'm not trying to at all. Are certain people just predisposed to having some muscle groups look larger than others? Maybe my posture isn't as good as I thought it was, though.


It's also probably noticeable because 90% of people walk around with a forward head, shoulders rounded forward, and weak abs and back giving them pelvic tilt. Walking around with proper posture automatically makes you look better than most of the people around you, and yes it may stand out but in a good way.

Here are some cues on proper posture and why it makes you look good:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_first_sexy_posture_article
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 30 2014 18:57 GMT
#1628
On May 30 2014 17:12 IgnE wrote:
so srs. bret contrarian preaching dogma off of one flawed study


It's funny because, in the end, natural science is essentially about authority and who you choose to believe now. Nothing either of us can say can really settle this. Regardless, I think the burden of proof is on the pro-hormone effect camp.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 30 2014 20:49 GMT
#1629
On May 31 2014 03:57 Jerubaal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2014 17:12 IgnE wrote:
so srs. bret contrarian preaching dogma off of one flawed study


It's funny because, in the end, natural science is essentially about authority and who you choose to believe now. Nothing either of us can say can really settle this. Regardless, I think the burden of proof is on the pro-hormone effect camp.


Didn't watch the video, but natural sciences are much more about conducting a sound experiment than about who's conducting them, which is what Igne is arguing.

If he can point out where the methodology is flawed, then there is most definitely something he can say to settle this.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 30 2014 21:45 GMT
#1630
On May 31 2014 05:49 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2014 03:57 Jerubaal wrote:
On May 30 2014 17:12 IgnE wrote:
so srs. bret contrarian preaching dogma off of one flawed study


It's funny because, in the end, natural science is essentially about authority and who you choose to believe now. Nothing either of us can say can really settle this. Regardless, I think the burden of proof is on the pro-hormone effect camp.


Didn't watch the video, but natural sciences are much more about conducting a sound experiment than about who's conducting them, which is what Igne is arguing.

If he can point out where the methodology is flawed, then there is most definitely something he can say to settle this.


I don't want to get into a philosophy of science discussion and lord knows we can't upset the golden calf, but we try to get into arguments here sometimes and it really can't be settled by a discussion. The best you can do is link some evidence and sometimes it just turns into contradiction.

I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
May 31 2014 02:38 GMT
#1631
On May 22 2014 10:47 farvacola wrote:
When was the last time you got your blood tested? Sometimes people just get nosebleeds due to thin nasal capillaries but an easily bleeding nose can also indicate anemia. If you don't have any other issues with bloody noses or cuts that take long to heal, I'd chalk it up to pushing too hard with your face. You need to learn how to push from the torso instead of the head or else bloodshot eyes and a runny nose will haunt you for as long as you workout.

Know what it sounded absurd reading it but i do think that i was pushing the weight with my face in stead of legs and core.
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
May 31 2014 03:00 GMT
#1632
BIG PRs today! Went to a concert last night, 3 and a half hour bus ride. Got home at around 330am, bad sleep and bad food. Killed it decaf style.

Snatch 135/2 170/x 185/2 200/1 205/1 215/1 220/1 230/1 (PR) 235x
CJ 185/2 205/2 2251 2401 255/1 265/1 275/1 (PR) 280x (PR clean)
Clean pulls 280/3 290/3x2

Highest total I've gotten in a single session, 229kg.

http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
KaoReal
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada340 Posts
May 31 2014 19:07 GMT
#1633
Way to go, man. That must have felt great.
I need to start treating my body like shit
Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forward
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 31 2014 20:12 GMT
#1634
The best part about calling it "decaf style" is that we all know exactly what you mean.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
May 31 2014 20:18 GMT
#1635
that lady's mirin hard.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 31 2014 20:31 GMT
#1636
On June 01 2014 05:18 AsnSensation wrote:
that lady's mirin hard.


Also an integral part of "decaf style"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 01 2014 08:21 GMT
#1637
lolol i need to drink less to set a good example :D

Lifts look better (dat lockout on the snatch) than your prs from last week, good job!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 02 2014 03:35 GMT
#1638
I just realized..

I love all of you that participate on this thread. You seriously are a bunch of really fucking awesome top-notch people.

Here's to you all.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 02 2014 09:43 GMT
#1639
It's a shame that we can't all be as strong as you funkie
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
June 02 2014 09:56 GMT
#1640
On May 31 2014 12:00 Donkeys wrote:
BIG PRs today! Went to a concert last night, 3 and a half hour bus ride. Got home at around 330am, bad sleep and bad food. Killed it decaf style.

Snatch 135/2 170/x 185/2 200/1 205/1 215/1 220/1 230/1 (PR) 235x
CJ 185/2 205/2 2251 2401 255/1 265/1 275/1 (PR) 280x (PR clean)
Clean pulls 280/3 290/3x2

Highest total I've gotten in a single session, 229kg.


How the hell do you people do this lol. When I am in the same situation I can't do shit.
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.