• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:09
CEST 21:09
KST 04:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8752 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 83

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 173 Next
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 02 2014 11:13 GMT
#1641
Y-y-you too funkie!
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 02 2014 13:49 GMT
#1642
On June 02 2014 18:56 sc4k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2014 12:00 Donkeys wrote:
BIG PRs today! Went to a concert last night, 3 and a half hour bus ride. Got home at around 330am, bad sleep and bad food. Killed it decaf style.

Snatch 135/2 170/x 185/2 200/1 205/1 215/1 220/1 230/1 (PR) 235x
CJ 185/2 205/2 2251 2401 255/1 265/1 275/1 (PR) 280x (PR clean)
Clean pulls 280/3 290/3x2

Highest total I've gotten in a single session, 229kg.


How the hell do you people do this lol. When I am in the same situation I can't do shit.


I have several theories but my most promising one is that my body uses alcohol like popeye uses spinach.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
rod409
Profile Joined September 2011
United States36 Posts
June 03 2014 03:56 GMT
#1643
On May 30 2014 00:30 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2014 15:05 rod409 wrote:
Two days ago I was deadlifting and on one rep I felt something go really wrong with my lower back. I figured it was a muscle pull as my back got very stiff and I had a similar situation about 5 years ago. I have been icing my back and today I went to the doctor. He checked for nerve issues and found that it is likely a muscle injury. The doc said to stop ice and switch to heat since its been two days since the injury and now I'm taking a muscle relaxant and ibuprofen. He also gave a referral for physical therapy that I can cancel if I think I don't need it.

Obviously in the future I want to prevent injury, but is there advice for after getting hurt? I asked the doc and he said foam rolling would be good for my back, is there anything I should be careful with doing that? I also don't know a good way to ease back into working out.


Foam rolling and lacrosse ball rolling would be great for you. You probably didn't keep your core tight enough or let your form slip on the deadlift. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it's your SI joint. Look at this:
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/


After reading the article the injury seems too high on my back to by the SI joint but it is borderline. Foam rolling helped me a lot and I improved significantly over the last few days, thanks!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-03 15:36:24
June 03 2014 04:03 GMT
#1644
Work your weaker stabilizers around your lower back and hip, most likely your abs and glutes. Planks, bridges, stuff like that should help. And whatever is in that article.

Still not sure what's causing the pain in my t-spine. I should probably get it checked out. I definitely found the cause of the problem, holy shit are my t-spine stabilizers weak/tight as fuck. I was doing LYTPs with 1kg plates and sots press with just the bar and it left me sweating profusely. I've definitely been neglecting this shit, it targeted the fuck out of my rotators and lower traps. Everything else in my back is rock solid except for those and I'm pretty sure it's what's the cause of all my shoulder and back pain. FML. Also my glutes and the sides of my lower back are epicly tight. Spent 20 minutes sitting on a lacrosse ball and felt like a new man.

Kept all my lifting under 70kg. Guess i'll just keep lifting light as fuck and shoot my doc an e-mail about getting my back checked out. Definitely working my stability every fucking day.

Starting to take noopept/choline/creatine/l-theanine/caffeine. Will report back in two weeks :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-03 04:20:36
June 03 2014 04:19 GMT
#1645
And public service announcement: If anyone is looking for a pair of jeans that might actually fit your squat legs, try the Lucky Vintage Straight fit. Similar to their old relaxed fit, decent looking, good price, and i found a pair I was able to squeeze into! A size up fits great in the legs (except having to cinch them tight with a belt lol).
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
June 04 2014 02:01 GMT
#1646
I know its chump change for a lot of you here, but i finally got through my 165 5x5 bench press plateau today. Feels fucking fantastic! Before last week i had never even hit 5 reps in a set... Last friday 5 3 5 4 5. Today 5 5 5 5 5.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 04 2014 02:26 GMT
#1647
Haven't posted in a while, been working on uncrippling my legs.

Yesterday: Power Snatch 67.5kgx1(PR), 60x3x5, PU BW 8x3
Today: BP 130kgx3, 120kgx3x5, High Bar Squat (I can finally do them) 60kgx10x2, 80kg x10 x8 x10 x8 (fucking cardio)
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
June 04 2014 06:43 GMT
#1648
Holy shit, I tried that door thing and my lower back feels so much better. I love you decaf
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 04 2014 12:05 GMT
#1649
PR ohp 145x3 (.77bw) Squatting with plates under my heels still resulted in some pain. Glad to be back to my ON chocolate, the vanilla was disappointing.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 04 2014 14:15 GMT
#1650
On June 04 2014 15:43 n.DieJokes wrote:
Holy shit, I tried that door thing and my lower back feels so much better. I love you decaf


Thank eshlow, i believe he wrote that article.

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 04 2014 18:58 GMT
#1651
The Mountain That Lifts

ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 04 2014 19:18 GMT
#1652
Not even full ROM deadlift
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 04 2014 19:20 GMT
#1653
On June 05 2014 04:18 IgnE wrote:
Not even full ROM deadlift


party pooper

lol the guy is so tall he looks "skinny"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 04 2014 19:31 GMT
#1654
On June 05 2014 04:18 IgnE wrote:
Not even full ROM deadlift


between the deficit + his proportions it's pretty similar to full ROM deadlift
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 04 2014 20:13 GMT
#1655
Does anybody here does crossfit?

I train at a crossfit gym and they always tell me to their daily WODs and whatnot.

What I want to do is..

Do their "leveling wods", storm through those, and get to the highest level in a week or two (black-Band) and resume my program.

How's that for bragging purposes? yay or nay?
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 04 2014 20:15 GMT
#1656
I've worked out at crossfits, and I've done WODs on occasion, but I've never heardof "levelling wods" before.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 04 2014 20:18 GMT
#1657
On June 05 2014 05:13 funkie wrote:
Does anybody here does crossfit?

I train at a crossfit gym and they always tell me to their daily WODs and whatnot.

What I want to do is..

Do their "leveling wods", storm through those, and get to the highest level in a week or two (black-Band) and resume my program.

How's that for bragging purposes? yay or nay?


wait till they make you do burpees

Outlifting everyone is the fastest way to bragging imo (Oly lifts included ofc)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 04 2014 20:45 GMT
#1658
I have pretty much only heard that the crossfitters at my gym are either impressed or terrified by me. Both work for me.

But god damn would I look like a bitch if i did some of those workouts lol. Yesterday was burpees + wall balls + 400m runs. Fuck that.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 04 2014 20:48 GMT
#1659
On June 05 2014 05:45 decafchicken wrote:
I have pretty much only heard that the crossfitters at my gym are either impressed or terrified by me. Both work for me.

But god damn would I look like a bitch if i did some of those workouts lol. Yesterday was burpees + wall balls + 400m runs. Fuck that.



Exactly hahaha. I look like a bitch dying, but I can still endure most of those, and out-do most of the people with complete shit technique. (even tho my technique is still shit, ask decaf).
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-04 20:52:24
June 04 2014 20:51 GMT
#1660
On June 05 2014 05:45 decafchicken wrote:
I have pretty much only heard that the crossfitters at my gym are either impressed or terrified by me. Both work for me.

But god damn would I look like a bitch if i did some of those workouts lol. Yesterday was burpees + wall balls + 400m runs. Fuck that.


And you play rugby, I'd prolly roll over in pain from a leg cramp on the first round :p

+1 on impress/terrified.
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 457
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 98
Railgan 49
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1864
Shuttle 510
Dewaltoss 139
Trap 35
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 627
420jenkins364
Counter-Strike
fl0m4126
Fnx 685
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3786
Liquid`Hasu526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1755
summit1g1648
FrodaN962
B2W.Neo432
C9.Mang0134
TKL 99
ToD88
QueenE77
RotterdaM58
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason14
PPMD2
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV234
BasetradeTV150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade782
Other Games
• Shiphtur1324
• imaqtpie753
• WagamamaTV333
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 51m
Patches Events
20h 51m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.