• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9602 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 103

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 173 Next
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-14 20:43:40
July 14 2014 17:58 GMT
#2041
is anyone able to recommend a resistance band (brand? style? strentgh?) to be used solely for face pulls?

i've always wanted to do face pulls coz my middle back is always clicking nonstop and often in minor pain/discomfort when i can't "click" it back into position (almost always) and i think strengthening it helps a lot (getting there with shitty rows and increasingly decent wider grip pullups) . but i home gym and never thought to do them with resistance band!!

edit: this looks like a sensible selection, could anyone take a quick look for me?

http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/resistance-bands/pullum-resistance-bands/prod_514.html

looking here hes suggesting 1 red 1 green 1 blue (super mini, small and medium on that pullum site):




im guessing i should just go for 1x green (medium) ......

went and bought 1x small and 1x medium, total £35 inc del
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 14 2014 22:58 GMT
#2042
On July 15 2014 01:54 Sneakyz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2014 00:39 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
So I hurt my shoulder slightly when I was OHPing a few days ago. It's not major pain (only hurts if I put my arm behind my back and try to scratch my shoulder blade or something like that position), but I want to pre-hab it/prevent it from worsening. Are there any good rotator cuff pre-hab exercises, or should I just try to do some reverse dumbbell flyes and try to use stricter form on pressing? I'm going to stall the weight on my pressing exercises and make sure that I don't continue to progress until I can keep my shoulders tucked in more and not have them flare out when I get out of the bottom position.

Do dem face pullz
http://nicktumminello.com/2014/03/face-pulls-grip-tip-and-top-2-variations/

I wish I could do face pulls, but I only have access to a barbell and a couple of (light) resistance bands.

Thanks for the ideas Decaf ^^
Dewski
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
United States68 Posts
July 14 2014 23:12 GMT
#2043


After, y'know, not doing any oly for a month, let's PR on the third workout after not PRing in forever.
Sorry for the crappy shot. Plates are weird because it's a mix of random bumpers, inside two are kinda IWF colored (55/35#) and the outside yellow is a 25#. Not happy with how my front foot lands first. Eh.
"Others don't understand because I train every day of my life as they have never trained a day in their's." Александр Александрович Карелин
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
July 15 2014 01:57 GMT
#2044
Does anyone find when they're stretching/working on mobility that one side is better than the other? My left leg/hams/glutes/hips etc. seem much more flexible than my right. Seems to be evening out though. Getting my wife to push my raised leg back further for a better hamstring stretch is very helpful....
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-15 04:44:03
July 15 2014 04:43 GMT
#2045
hahaha worst angle ever keski. congrats on the PR, they come at the weirdest time.

Solesteeler yeah i've got imbalances everywhere.

btw i'm gonna start putting up lifting stuff on instagram, so follow me if you want:
http://instagram.com/p/qdCLT1QCK-/?modal=true
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 15 2014 05:12 GMT
#2046
On July 14 2014 18:15 FFGenerations wrote:
edit: full body photos 140714 (quality much higher when clicked fyi)

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


edit: made this desktop background which is pretty cool

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Those photos look somewhat better than the ones you posted like last week? Or are they the same? What's going on?


The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-15 08:00:37
July 15 2014 07:59 GMT
#2047
i took/archived some 7 days prior but had taken only front/side view

http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/sports/439963-teamliquid-health-and-fitness-initiative-for-2014?page=99#1968
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
July 15 2014 12:02 GMT
#2048
^^ I feel like you should post less, get your personal shit in order and actually make some lifting progress FF. You've been lifting for longer than me, come on dude.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
July 15 2014 15:33 GMT
#2049
If I may ask FF how long have you been training and how did you look when you began?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 15 2014 18:23 GMT
#2050
First day back at the gym after a month of nothing but golf. It damn near killed me, and obviously my lifts are pathetic. Time to get strong again.

I do love golf though.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
July 15 2014 18:27 GMT
#2051
Im spending a month on vacation with no access to weights of any kind (no place for pullups either) can anyone recommend me some bodyweight things to stay sort of inshape?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 15 2014 18:36 GMT
#2052
On July 16 2014 03:27 solidbebe wrote:
Im spending a month on vacation with no access to weights of any kind (no place for pullups either) can anyone recommend me some bodyweight things to stay sort of inshape?


Any chance you can bring a kettlebell or a rope?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 15 2014 18:43 GMT
#2053
Somehow I doubt he can bring a kettlebell but maybe that's just me.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 15 2014 19:01 GMT
#2054
On July 16 2014 03:43 farvacola wrote:
Somehow I doubt he can bring a kettlebell but maybe that's just me.


If he stays in 1 place why not. If he is backpacking. carrying a 24 kettlebell around would be super fun :D

Saturday I was at a party that had one of this:

[image loading]

There were some girls giving you tickets to play, and you got 2 free drinks for every hit at the top.

I got a bunch (my friends got even for me lol),I missed the top first few times but once I got technique down I won non stop until I was asked to stop wining and no more free drinks (got myself and all my friends drunk for free)

All this years of training finally paying off. Watching other ppl fail was also hilarous.

marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 15 2014 19:39 GMT
#2055
On July 16 2014 04:01 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2014 03:43 farvacola wrote:
Somehow I doubt he can bring a kettlebell but maybe that's just me.


If he stays in 1 place why not. If he is backpacking. carrying a 24 kettlebell around would be super fun :D

Saturday I was at a party that had one of this:

[image loading]

There were some girls giving you tickets to play, and you got 2 free drinks for every hit at the top.

I got a bunch (my friends got even for me lol),I missed the top first few times but once I got technique down I won non stop until I was asked to stop wining and no more free drinks (got myself and all my friends drunk for free)

All this years of training finally paying off. Watching other ppl fail was also hilarous.


Honestly TLHF may as well shut down entirely now.

Final objective completed.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 15 2014 23:38 GMT
#2056
On July 16 2014 04:01 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2014 03:43 farvacola wrote:
Somehow I doubt he can bring a kettlebell but maybe that's just me.


If he stays in 1 place why not. If he is backpacking. carrying a 24 kettlebell around would be super fun :D

Saturday I was at a party that had one of this:

[image loading]

There were some girls giving you tickets to play, and you got 2 free drinks for every hit at the top.

I got a bunch (my friends got even for me lol),I missed the top first few times but once I got technique down I won non stop until I was asked to stop wining and no more free drinks (got myself and all my friends drunk for free)

All this years of training finally paying off. Watching other ppl fail was also hilarous.


This reminds me of the rugby vending machine that you have to tackle to get beers to come out.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-16 03:13:05
July 16 2014 02:32 GMT
#2057
That sounds awesome, but too many rugby players around here ;(

Clean 100kg(PR), 80kgx3, 90kgx3(PR)
FS 135kgx3x5 (PR)
OHP 60kgx5x5

More mobility is the shit, my shoulder still bugs me when I jerk tough but its almost fixed.

Edit: How the fuck do you stretch this area?

[image loading]
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 16 2014 03:29 GMT
#2058
On July 16 2014 11:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
That sounds awesome, but too many rugby players around here ;(

Clean 100kg(PR), 80kgx3, 90kgx3(PR)
FS 135kgx3x5 (PR)
OHP 60kgx5x5

More mobility is the shit, my shoulder still bugs me when I jerk tough but its almost fixed.

Edit: How the fuck do you stretch this area?

[image loading]


Lacrosseball that motherfucker.

I love it when it hurts and then you start to giggle because it hurts in the funny and painful way. T_T.

Lifting has made me weird.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-16 15:40:42
July 16 2014 14:27 GMT
#2059
Yesterday was a lot T_T

AM:
FS 5x3 @ 335
PM:
Some power snatches and doubles up to 100 then 105 110 115 115 120 120 125x(x4)
Clean & Squat Jerks 70 90 110 120 130 140 145x
Hang Clean triples 90 100 110 120
Single arm kettle bell rows balancing on opposite leg. Holy shit this rapes your core and glutes
Supersetted with 45 lb weighted planks
12x 60m sled sprints with 50 lbs EMOM

Squat Jerk:
http://instagram.com/p/qfenOgwCLN/

On July 16 2014 12:29 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2014 11:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
That sounds awesome, but too many rugby players around here ;(

Clean 100kg(PR), 80kgx3, 90kgx3(PR)
FS 135kgx3x5 (PR)
OHP 60kgx5x5

More mobility is the shit, my shoulder still bugs me when I jerk tough but its almost fixed.

Edit: How the fuck do you stretch this area?

[image loading]


Lacrosseball that motherfucker.

I love it when it hurts and then you start to giggle because it hurts in the funny and painful way. T_T.

Lifting has made me weird.


Yeah just dig into that bitch with a lax ball or foam roller for like 5-10 minutes a day. Try not to cringe/cry in pain and slowly let it relax. And do the super couch stretch.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 16 2014 15:17 GMT
#2060
First day of cleansing my body from 1 month of world cup abuse. Not sure if it's the beer withdrawal but I already feel like crap.

Let's hope a set of heavy deads tonight will cure that.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.