• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 101

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 173 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 09 2014 13:34 GMT
#2001
On July 09 2014 17:55 thedeadhaji wrote:
Does anyone know Dimsum's contact info?
A friend of mine who's oly lifting seriously is visiting nj next week and I wanted to put them in touch.

I'll pm it to you
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
July 09 2014 13:39 GMT
#2002
On July 09 2014 17:55 thedeadhaji wrote:
Does anyone know Dimsum's contact info?
A friend of mine who's oly lifting seriously is visiting nj next week and I wanted to put them in touch.

The only thing I know is that he coaches at CrossFit Aspire in Cherry Hill.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-09 15:14:28
July 09 2014 15:14 GMT
#2003
Adam Maligov is my favorite lifter at the moment. Technique is flawless even at approaching WR weights.

http://instagram.com/p/qPAYTPsPPn/?modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/qKb2a6yu_1/?modal=true
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-09 15:57:59
July 09 2014 15:43 GMT
#2004
On July 09 2014 08:43 funkie wrote:
I did a no hands squat on the gym to impress some bitches up in the hizzei (100kg)

Impressed they were. .


haha

got thru 5 days of my upper body shit, plus no smoking , now doing my first sesh after work (bench, abs)!!!

wish my feet didnt fucking hurt, i wear altra torin professional ultra padded marethon shoes but my feet start to hurt every single day at work after about 6 hours....it really pisses me off. if its not something like my back aching like shit then something else randomly turns up to create a totally new problem.

been taking 50-100g of protein shake per day without fail (if im reading it correctly) which makes me feel really good about everything! its a rare phase when im doing gym + getting shitloads of protein + not smoking + working a job + sleeping properly due to ZERO DOTA + back isnt aching during day. rare indeed.

on the other hand my itchy ball syndrome seems to be coming back after dying down, i might be allergic to this laundry detergent....................?????? for the love of god it needs to get sorted. nothing comes up on google and the last doctor said to use moisturisor FUCK YOU i didnt get my balls out to be told to try moisturisor.

holy shit i could just lie here and type shit all evening but i better go outside

happy TI4 everyone!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
July 09 2014 22:19 GMT
#2005
Had 4 days off from the gym for the first time in three years, minus the handful of times when I was recovering from surgery. It felt really good actually, haven't felt this mentally "on" in months.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
July 09 2014 22:32 GMT
#2006
What. How often did you go to the gym?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 10 2014 00:34 GMT
#2007
Still exhausted from yesterday, but whatever.

Today:
15 minutes to work to a 1rm Overhead Squat, Max 135#
Front Squat 7 sets of 5 @ 155

Conditioning:
EMOM for 15 minutes:
1st minute: 7 Overhead Squats w/ 3 second pause at bottom (65#)
2nd minute: 45 seconds plank, 15 seconds rest
3rd minute: 7 Chest to Bar pullups (scaled with a band)

Also stuck around and did 5x5 barbell rows, but at a pretty light weight. Back feels fantastic. Tomorrow will be an "active rest day" but I'll probably throw some kind of heavy upper body lift just because I don't feel like once a week is enough for those.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 10 2014 04:34 GMT
#2008
Haven't seen myself squat in years. Don't like it. Gonna take a ton of weight off and go more vertical like in the last couple sets. Also hit 130/150, most I've hit since the arnold. Slowly getting stronger and back in shape.

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 11 2014 01:12 GMT
#2009
Today:
20 minutes foam roll and stretching hips (flexors and extensors)
10 minutes lacrosse ball T-spine and hamstrings

8x5 pullups with kip, unbroken
8x5 ring dips no kip.

If I didn't string together the pullups (had to stop my swing and reset myself) I started the count over. Attempted to do the dips unbroken, but after the 5th set that wasn't going down anymore.

Then:
10 tire flips (flat ground, tire weight unknown - but it was about 5'8 diameter?)
10 tire flips (uphill, with a smaller tire. Probably around 4' diameter)

Tire flips are fun. Might make a real workout out of those next week.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 11 2014 01:16 GMT
#2010
decaf, your squats look fine just put more weight :p

do you have bookmarked that video called "WTF to sot press"?

Squat: 180kgx3x5(PR)
BP: 130kgx3(5sec pause), 130kgx3x2(3 sec pause)
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 11 2014 03:30 GMT
#2011
Started watching a lot of Snatch videos on youtube, and slowed them down 0.5 speed to really get a closer look at the movements, forms and steps of the lift.

I'm going to use the notes I took and try to apply them to the best of my abilities to my form tomorrow.

I shall be posting videos pretty soon, just trying to get form down well first.

Glad to see everybody doing awesome at the gym.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 11 2014 03:39 GMT
#2012
On July 11 2014 10:16 GoTuNk! wrote:
decaf, your squats look fine just put more weight :p

do you have bookmarked that video called "WTF to sot press"?

Squat: 180kgx3x5(PR)
BP: 130kgx3(5sec pause), 130kgx3x2(3 sec pause)

I won't be happy til they look like lu xiaojun squats.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 04:04:46
July 11 2014 03:53 GMT
#2013
On July 11 2014 12:39 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2014 10:16 GoTuNk! wrote:
decaf, your squats look fine just put more weight :p

do you have bookmarked that video called "WTF to sot press"?

Squat: 180kgx3x5(PR)
BP: 130kgx3(5sec pause), 130kgx3x2(3 sec pause)

I won't be happy til they look like lu xiaojun squats.


We all want to be there sometime..

[image loading]

also, this guy..
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 11 2014 04:16 GMT
#2014
On July 11 2014 12:53 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2014 12:39 decafchicken wrote:
On July 11 2014 10:16 GoTuNk! wrote:
decaf, your squats look fine just put more weight :p

do you have bookmarked that video called "WTF to sot press"?

Squat: 180kgx3x5(PR)
BP: 130kgx3(5sec pause), 130kgx3x2(3 sec pause)

I won't be happy til they look like lu xiaojun squats.


We all want to be there sometime..

[image loading]

also, this guy..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c


4x bw squat looks easier than my single bodyweight squat.
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
July 11 2014 06:04 GMT
#2015
On July 11 2014 12:39 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2014 10:16 GoTuNk! wrote:
decaf, your squats look fine just put more weight :p

do you have bookmarked that video called "WTF to sot press"?

Squat: 180kgx3x5(PR)
BP: 130kgx3(5sec pause), 130kgx3x2(3 sec pause)

I won't be happy til they look like lu xiaojun squats.


Ilya Ilyin don't even break parallel on most of his squats and it doesn't seem to hurt his lifts :p

We did a moderate weight training yesterday. My first snatch I had Abadjiev 5 feet away looking at me. I was intimidated ahah. I went to him later on and told him I tought he would call me "chicken legs". (Bulgarians says chicken legs when a lifter has weak legs and sausage arms when the arms are weak).

He said: "this group... All chicken legs". :p

BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
July 11 2014 12:33 GMT
#2016
I caught the stomach flu.. makes training a bit draining but I'm so focused that I can go through the sessions.

This morning we did FS, pwr snatch and pwr cleans. We will be doing Snatch, CNJ and BS in about an hour.

Coach Ivan Lechev helps me a ton with technique. He speaks french so its easy to communicate. Hopefully I will have the energy to lift heavy weights.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 11 2014 13:37 GMT
#2017
On July 11 2014 21:33 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
I caught the stomach flu.. makes training a bit draining but I'm so focused that I can go through the sessions.

This morning we did FS, pwr snatch and pwr cleans. We will be doing Snatch, CNJ and BS in about an hour.

Coach Ivan Lechev helps me a ton with technique. He speaks french so its easy to communicate. Hopefully I will have the energy to lift heavy weights.


You should take videos man!

Really glad you're getting some top-class hand coaching! :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 17:02:31
July 11 2014 17:01 GMT
#2018
Squat 3x5 @175 lbs
Bench 3x5 @135 lbs
Daedlift 1x5 @270 lbs

My squats are pretty ugly still cause I didn't have a lot of time/room for mobility work (my basement flooded; my mom had a lot to do with work and I couldn't go to the gym when my basement was flooded) or lifting this past week. I missed one workout this week unfortunately, but I'll have to make up for it next week. I think that I'll keep my squat at 175 for 2 more sessions, bench I'll keep there until 135 feels more comfortable and I'll just deadlift 270 for one more session then move up to 280. Feel like I'm regaining my strength pretty quickly since it's only been about 3 weeks since I started lifting again.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 11 2014 23:45 GMT
#2019
mobility only takes enough room to do a couch stretch and/or sit on a softball/lacrosse ball/foam roller!

Today:
Front squat 10x3 @ 185 w/ 60 sec rest
Never would have expected this. When I started crossfit this was my 3rm. Vision was going blurry when I unracked the last 3 sets, but I finished.

Push Press 115x3 120x3 125x3 130x3 135x2 135x1
Would have finished the last set, but I hit the barbell off the pullup bar over my head. Reset everything and finished it with no problem.

Tweaked something in my hip, so I skipped the conditioning workout. Did another 6 triples of Push Press at 115 instead.
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
July 12 2014 06:28 GMT
#2020
On July 11 2014 22:37 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2014 21:33 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
I caught the stomach flu.. makes training a bit draining but I'm so focused that I can go through the sessions.

This morning we did FS, pwr snatch and pwr cleans. We will be doing Snatch, CNJ and BS in about an hour.

Coach Ivan Lechev helps me a ton with technique. He speaks french so its easy to communicate. Hopefully I will have the energy to lift heavy weights.


You should take videos man!

Really glad you're getting some top-class hand coaching! :D


I have videos but I can't upload them from here the wifi is the slowest thing in the world.
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 387
Leta 286
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 63
Killer 41
Bale 34
ZergMaN 30
NotJumperer 30
Aegong 27
Shinee 14
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Noble 9
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 541
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli0
Other Games
summit1g10567
olofmeister633
Sick196
Happy162
KnowMe24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1258
• Jankos645
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Replay Cast
15h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.