• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8974 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 35

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 379 Next
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
January 23 2012 15:37 GMT
#681
On January 23 2012 23:42 KOVU wrote:
How messy is chalk exactly? I have been thinking about trying it out, but I work out at home and cleaning the floor is pretty much the bane of my existence.


I bring my chalk in a plastic bag into the gym, and clean my hands after every set with a wet towel, and it still gets a bit messy. When you change plates you sometimes get something on them, when you rub it on your hands it can get messy, and of course during heavy sets, it will just ripple from the bar and from your hands to the floor. You would have to be extremely cautinous to not make some kind of mess eventually. It probably can be done, but normally being extremely careful to not make a mess doesn't go so well together with grinding the shit out of heavy deadlifts. Maybe if you only use very little, just enough to make your hands dry, and put a cover below where you grip the bar, it can be done. You would probably have to wash your hands in the sink after every set too.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 16:49:39
January 23 2012 16:48 GMT
#682
Man did it feel good to pull 200kg again!

Had a skinny guy enter the gym today, sporting a pair of lifting gloves. Only problem with it was it apparently his "leg day". Which consisted of a few sets of leg curls, leg extensions and calf raises and only that....
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 23 2012 17:12 GMT
#683
On January 24 2012 01:48 sJarl wrote:
Man did it feel good to pull 200kg again!

Had a skinny guy enter the gym today, sporting a pair of lifting gloves. Only problem with it was it apparently his "leg day". Which consisted of a few sets of leg curls, leg extensions and calf raises and only that....


There had to be someone who counter acted the raw viking manliness of you, benni, and the rest of of your gym. Just be glad this is a special occurence for you.

On my end, I have to ignore the majority of people in the gym... And I always make sure I'm too busy to go with"that girl I know" who wants to "lose just five pounds."
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
January 23 2012 19:14 GMT
#684
On January 24 2012 00:37 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 23:42 KOVU wrote:
How messy is chalk exactly? I have been thinking about trying it out, but I work out at home and cleaning the floor is pretty much the bane of my existence.


I bring my chalk in a plastic bag into the gym, and clean my hands after every set with a wet towel, and it still gets a bit messy. When you change plates you sometimes get something on them, when you rub it on your hands it can get messy, and of course during heavy sets, it will just ripple from the bar and from your hands to the floor. You would have to be extremely cautinous to not make some kind of mess eventually. It probably can be done, but normally being extremely careful to not make a mess doesn't go so well together with grinding the shit out of heavy deadlifts. Maybe if you only use very little, just enough to make your hands dry, and put a cover below where you grip the bar, it can be done. You would probably have to wash your hands in the sink after every set too.

Well that sucks. The floor where I DL is carpeted and I don't fancy cleaning it up that much, guess I'll do a lot of grip training lol
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
January 23 2012 19:56 GMT
#685
Does it really matter if your floor gets messy? I love the badass look and feel of chalk so much I almost dislike washing my training pants.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
January 23 2012 20:01 GMT
#686
On January 24 2012 04:56 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Does it really matter if your floor gets messy? I love the badass look and feel of chalk so much I almost dislike washing my training pants.

Im at student and it's where i spend 99% of my time, kinda like the floor not to be all messy. I sleep right next to the squat rack.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
January 23 2012 20:03 GMT
#687
Deadlifts today without back pains, easy pie, same with leg ext, but only managed 3 chins for some reason. That kind of bummed me out.

Still pretty confident I'll hit 100kg deadlift and bench by summer. Squat, not so sure, my legs are sissies.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
DimmuKlok
Profile Joined June 2010
United States225 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 20:04:55
January 23 2012 20:04 GMT
#688
On January 23 2012 11:32 Cecil wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Neil / Cecil
Age: 26 || Height: 6'3" || Weight: 195lbs
Starting Date: 01/01/12 || Goal Date: 12/31/12

Weight goals -- Stay 195, gain more muscle mass, less BF (10%)

Training goals --
Maintain M/W/F 10k run schedule while doing the following:
Include tough mudder training run every 3 months.
Do one mud run event every 2 months
Of the mud run events, 3 of them will be Tough Mudders

What is in the tough mudder training?
- 20k distance
- 35lbs of bricks in my backpack
- low crawl under wire carrying paint cans
- paint can 3k run (with backpack still)
- sandbag 2k carry (25lbs bags + backpacks still)
- bicycle 1k carry (with backpack)
- every 3k, stop and do 10 pushups then 10 burpees


Nutrition goals -- Maintain my successful diet of 1 soda every 2 weeks. Maintain limit of eating out once per week.

Sleep goals -- Make sure my sc2 streaming nights end at 11:00 so I can get my 7 hours of sleep

Misc -- Pick up the two interested sponsors for our running team:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/147321741995956/



Am I living up to these goals? I've got video proof. Here is my team at Warrior Dash 2012 Central FL. We used the GoPro Hero HD attached to my friend's head to film our run that we did yesterday. I'm the guy with the orange tough mudder headband:

That's a pretty sick video. One of my goals for 2012 has been to compete in a Tough Mudder-like competition ever since you posted those pictures a while back. ^^ Luckily there is a few of them around Minnesota.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 21:29:27
January 23 2012 21:28 GMT
#689
On January 23 2012 11:32 Cecil wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVhpKPgiYQA

At first I was like "wtf am I watching" but then I accidentally watched the whole thing and wanted to participate myself. Which state is this?

edit: oh says right on the video.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
January 23 2012 21:57 GMT
#690
I'm halfwaythrough this, and it's really good so far. Good enough that I want to post it here, not in the Powerlifting thread. It's a documentary on powerlifting. I'd say it's a lot like Better, Faster, Stronger and Pumping Iron.


Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
January 23 2012 22:00 GMT
#691
TIME FOR EGG, RICE AND MILK, HORAY!!!!

man it takes fuckin ages to catch up to where you were

actually its only been 10 days , feels like fucking forever -_______-
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 23 2012 22:02 GMT
#692
Ooh, nice CT! Going to watch it soon when I should be studying...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
January 23 2012 23:21 GMT
#693
Thanks! I love documentary's like that . Better, Faster, Stronger and Pumping Iron were great as well.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
January 23 2012 23:42 GMT
#694
Squat: 120kgx9x4
Bench: 87.5x3 x5 x3, 95x3 x5 x3(3sec pause), 102.5kgx1

Nothin special today, squat was slightly easier given only 4 sets, though "squat hangover" before benches was like 20 minutes.

And ty for the documental.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 23 2012 23:43 GMT
#695
Was feeling super crappy. Failed some CJ at 120. Switched to hang snatch and set a 15kg PR of 105kg snatch from the hip with knees barely bent. Felt awesome getting under the bar so fast, literally seemed like i was flying.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
January 24 2012 00:06 GMT
#696
It finally feels like my knee injury is getting to a point where I can start squatting for real again (I haven't squatted since April because of that fucking jumper's knee). Being injured sucks. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting my legs back!!

PR today: 115 kg power clean
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
January 24 2012 00:29 GMT
#697
Maxed out my squat at 255 lbs for a new PR by 25 pounds @ 153 bw. Felt really easy probably coulda got 3 like a boss. Pretty pumped, solid lifting so far this year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
January 24 2012 02:06 GMT
#698
gogo me

front squat 90kg x 3 x 5 (back to my max :D?!)

Power Clean 70kg x 3 x 5 (almost bw!)

Clean and Jerk 20kg x 2, 30kg x 2, 40kg x 2, 50kg x 2, 60kg x 2, 70kg x 2

Clean 75kg x 2 (bw!) :D

I was afraid to attempt jerk at 75kg because I was so drained out already and I was kind of tired. But yes, It felt like a really good workout .

Now drinking like a liter of milk+muscle milk lol :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
January 24 2012 02:25 GMT
#699
On January 24 2012 09:06 Nazarene wrote:
It finally feels like my knee injury is getting to a point where I can start squatting for real again (I haven't squatted since April because of that fucking jumper's knee). Being injured sucks. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting my legs back!!

PR today: 115 kg power clean


What are you doing to rehab your jumpers knee? I had good results from decline board single leg squats 3x weekly and eccentric leg extensions (push out with both legs, lower back slowly with bad leg) once weekly (these hurt haha but they are good for tendon in the long run). I also did a fair bit of single leg squatting off a box, just the eccentric phase, then stood up when my foot touched the floor
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 24 2012 03:20 GMT
#700


Pretty decent day. Only recorded snatch and high pulls for my coach to see.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.