• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6550 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 37

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 379 Next
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
January 25 2012 06:06 GMT
#721
Hey eshlow you're a wraith now! I almost didn't recognize you!
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 12:13:19
January 25 2012 12:11 GMT
#722
On January 25 2012 12:32 AoN.DimSum wrote:
fucking tired today
everything was so poor
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSPTMltzMk&feature=plcp&context=C351ee91UDOEgsToPDskIgxhMenifVhE3fxam7elzT



yeah you are CLEARLY weak! MOAR SQUATS! /sarcasm

although maybe avoid squats because apparently they are bad for you, so says this guy at least:


lmao. didnt someone once post his blog as a resource? I think we can now safely say that he doesnt know SQUAT!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
January 25 2012 12:12 GMT
#723
On January 25 2012 07:32 Necosarius wrote:
FUUUUUUUUUCK NO

NONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Slipped on some ice on my way home, fell on my left arm and now I have some serious pain in my wrist and elbow Shit is pretty swollen as well. I'm waiting for my cab to arrive so I can go to the hospital. Hopefully nothing is broken

Update: luckily it's just a sprain. It's still swollen though, and it hurts some when I use my wrist :/ I guess I will have to take some time off
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
January 25 2012 12:43 GMT
#724
Scooby needs to give information that isn't already out there so he can get hits on his Youtube channel. He wants people to believe that they can do skateboard squats at home for half the effort and get better, safer, results than barbell squats because that will generate hits. Actually helping people achieve their goals with compound lifts that have worked for the past 70 years and continue to produce world-class athletes today? He's out of his league when it comes to talking about those, and real experts like Rippetoe, Wendler, Everett, etc. dominate that field.

There is simply no reason to take anything he says seriously. He's just using the age-old trick: to make a name for yourself in a field, go against what everybody else is saying.
steelANDmalice
Profile Joined October 2011
87 Posts
January 25 2012 13:16 GMT
#725
@Infinity- yes it hurts to move, I probably can't even squat the bar right now. Even rolling out of bed is a chore LOL.

@Eshlow- thanks I've been reading that article and started to RICE but wasn't to sure if I needed the mobility work for strains so I will definitely start now.

Haven't gone to the docs yet to get some inflammatory's, I've been taking excedrin and it seems to be taking down the pain, don't know if I should still go to the doctors or not, feels like it could just be a wasted trip and they'll just tell me what I already know and "HERP shouldn't put that much weight on your back duuurp" seems to be the response I've been getting from any one I talk to.

Not knowing how long this is going to take to start lifting again is getting me down and depressed, took the day off work so I can baby it
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 25 2012 14:45 GMT
#726
What a load of shit Zafrumi...holy crap.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
January 25 2012 15:02 GMT
#727
I was being attacked by a few guys when I said Scooby is crap, I'm glad people are seeing the truth now. I have to admit though, he has one thing going for him and it's the hat on his head, he's got great style.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 18:45:59
January 25 2012 16:50 GMT
#728
On January 25 2012 15:06 Dromar wrote:
Hey eshlow you're a wraith now! I almost didn't recognize you!



It's true that I'm more active in the other threads though because there are more questions to be answered over in those.

Not as many in here!


edit: lol after reading sjarl's post it makes sense.

I thought you meant "wraith" as in ghostly or spiritlike since I haven't been present in TLH&F2012 thread that much.

Damn, I haven't played BW in so long it's all going away. :x
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 25 2012 17:59 GMT
#729
This is what happens when you organize things...

lol, grats on the wraith <3
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 25 2012 18:41 GMT
#730
I heard funkie has small legs, maybe he could get some help from scooby
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
January 25 2012 21:07 GMT
#731
On January 26 2012 03:41 decafchicken wrote:
I heard funkie has small legs, maybe he could get some help from scooby
Admit it, it's because of scooby that you have so much success with oly lifting!
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 21:14:05
January 25 2012 21:08 GMT
#732
On January 25 2012 21:11 Zafrumi wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On January 25 2012 12:32 AoN.DimSum wrote:
fucking tired today
everything was so poor
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSPTMltzMk&feature=plcp&context=C351ee91UDOEgsToPDskIgxhMenifVhE3fxam7elzT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7uvW1a25VQ&feature=youtu.be



yeah you are CLEARLY weak! MOAR SQUATS! /sarcasm

although maybe avoid squats because apparently they are bad for you, so says this guy at least:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY4v21p7x5c

lmao. didnt someone once post his blog as a resource? I think we can now safely say that he doesnt know SQUAT!


He does have a point - "there is minimal risk for the trained powerlifter, or experienced bodybuilder (someone who knows what they're doing) and there is a real and serious risk for someone who does not know what they are doing with the lift. Sure, he then goes on to talk about how the spine isn't designed to take compressive vertical force - which is BULLSHIT, but then later he adds that with proper equipment (power rack), and someone to teach you they're fine.

I'll also agree with him that if you're afraid to squat, it's better to leg press, hamstring curl, and then play sports to get at least some of the same workout. Overall not the worst youtube video I've ever seen.

@eshlow, previously a ghost now a wraith. I'd say that's an increase in visibility.
@steelANDMalice exedrin is acetominophen based. It does have some aspirin as well, but it's going to do more to relieve muscle tightness and mask pain than it is to be useful as an antiinflammatory, or leading to any actual healing. Might want to switch that to an ibuprofen (advil or generic)?

Only use I have for excedrin is that it, along with a big ice water and a greasy fastfood hamburger make the BEST hangover cure I've ever found. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I haven't had any use for such a thing lately.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
January 25 2012 21:28 GMT
#733
eh, i got confused and went home by accident -_______- oh well will go tomorrow
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 22:00:22
January 25 2012 21:56 GMT
#734
On January 26 2012 06:08 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 21:11 Zafrumi wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On January 25 2012 12:32 AoN.DimSum wrote:
fucking tired today
everything was so poor
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSPTMltzMk&feature=plcp&context=C351ee91UDOEgsToPDskIgxhMenifVhE3fxam7elzT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7uvW1a25VQ&feature=youtu.be



yeah you are CLEARLY weak! MOAR SQUATS! /sarcasm

although maybe avoid squats because apparently they are bad for you, so says this guy at least:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY4v21p7x5c

lmao. didnt someone once post his blog as a resource? I think we can now safely say that he doesnt know SQUAT!


He does have a point - "there is minimal risk for the trained powerlifter, or experienced bodybuilder (someone who knows what they're doing) and there is a real and serious risk for someone who does not know what they are doing with the lift. Sure, he then goes on to talk about how the spine isn't designed to take compressive vertical force - which is BULLSHIT, but then later he adds that with proper equipment (power rack), and someone to teach you they're fine.

I'll also agree with him that if you're afraid to squat, it's better to leg press, hamstring curl, and then play sports to get at least some of the same workout. Overall not the worst youtube video I've ever seen.

@eshlow, previously a ghost now a wraith. I'd say that's an increase in visibility.
@steelANDMalice exedrin is acetominophen based. It does have some aspirin as well, but it's going to do more to relieve muscle tightness and mask pain than it is to be useful as an antiinflammatory, or leading to any actual healing. Might want to switch that to an ibuprofen (advil or generic)?

Only use I have for excedrin is that it, along with a big ice water and a greasy fastfood hamburger make the BEST hangover cure I've ever found. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I haven't had any use for such a thing lately.


well yeah its not safe to squat 495lbs if you cant handle it but come on, thats just common sense; if you dont have much experience, dont load the bar with tons of plates. I mean, you wouldnt race in formula 1 if you've never driven a car before either, right?
also, basketball as a substitute to "work the stabilizing muscles" ?? yeah, i'm sure he got his body from playing basketball all day long.

of course its not the worst youtube video ever. but its a load of bullcrap nontheless.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
January 25 2012 22:00 GMT
#735
On January 26 2012 06:56 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 06:08 phyre112 wrote:
On January 25 2012 21:11 Zafrumi wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On January 25 2012 12:32 AoN.DimSum wrote:
fucking tired today
everything was so poor
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSPTMltzMk&feature=plcp&context=C351ee91UDOEgsToPDskIgxhMenifVhE3fxam7elzT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7uvW1a25VQ&feature=youtu.be



yeah you are CLEARLY weak! MOAR SQUATS! /sarcasm

although maybe avoid squats because apparently they are bad for you, so says this guy at least:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY4v21p7x5c

lmao. didnt someone once post his blog as a resource? I think we can now safely say that he doesnt know SQUAT!


He does have a point - "there is minimal risk for the trained powerlifter, or experienced bodybuilder (someone who knows what they're doing) and there is a real and serious risk for someone who does not know what they are doing with the lift. Sure, he then goes on to talk about how the spine isn't designed to take compressive vertical force - which is BULLSHIT, but then later he adds that with proper equipment (power rack), and someone to teach you they're fine.

I'll also agree with him that if you're afraid to squat, it's better to leg press, hamstring curl, and then play sports to get at least some of the same workout. Overall not the worst youtube video I've ever seen.

@eshlow, previously a ghost now a wraith. I'd say that's an increase in visibility.
@steelANDMalice exedrin is acetominophen based. It does have some aspirin as well, but it's going to do more to relieve muscle tightness and mask pain than it is to be useful as an antiinflammatory, or leading to any actual healing. Might want to switch that to an ibuprofen (advil or generic)?

Only use I have for excedrin is that it, along with a big ice water and a greasy fastfood hamburger make the BEST hangover cure I've ever found. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I haven't had any use for such a thing lately.


well yeah its not safe to squat 495lbs if you cant handle it but come on, thats just common sense; if you dont have much experience, dont load the bar with tons of plates. I mean, youre not gonna play in the NBA if you've never played basketball before, right?
also, basketball as a substitute to "work the stabilizing muscles" ?? yeah, i'm sure he got his body from playing basketball all day long.

of course its not the worst youtube video ever. but its a load of bullcrap nontheless.

Common sense is sadly not that common
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 22:25:33
January 25 2012 22:19 GMT
#736
I'm sure he mentions 495 pounds as a way to shock the people who are looking at this kind of video. He might as well have said 200 pounds or 800 pounds, because what he really meant was "significant weight". If you've got no idea how to do a proper squat, I don't care if it's 30kg, you could still probably manage to hurt yourself. Hell, the people in this thread are for the most part pretty solid in there lifts - and I doubt any of us can say you don't pull something working out on occasion.

As far as his alternatives - I agree they are in no way substitutes. But lets face it, many lifters are afraid of squats. They look hard, they ARE hard, they're talked about as being dangerous, the bar hurts the neck and shoulders at first, and you usually won't want to walk after you're done with them. It takes a special kind of person to get excited about such a challenge, and not everyone can step up to that without help. For those people - yes please, get some leg work in even if it is only leg press, leg curl and sports (although I would be inclined to say pistol squat with dumbbells, or single leg press along with GHR and back hyperextension or good morning gets the job done better.)
____________________________________________________

So I think we're all done looking at scooby, right? Here, I'll leave an alternative.

[image loading]


source: fuckyeahcrossfit.tumblr.com
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
January 25 2012 22:34 GMT
#737
Im i the only one who feels squatting wasnt that hard to learn? Im not really scared of them at all.
deadlifts on the other hand >_< scare my lower back.
steelANDmalice
Profile Joined October 2011
87 Posts
January 25 2012 23:06 GMT
#738
Thanks for the advice Phyre I shall stop taking excedrin , I sent my girlfriend out to pick me up some fish oil and she asked the pharmacist what I should take and he told her to get me muscle and back pain ASA 500mg it has methocarbamol 400mg and acetylsalicylic 500mg but doesn't say if it has any Ibuprofen. Is this a good enough substitute?
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
January 25 2012 23:08 GMT
#739
Deadlift was always easy for me, lift a heavy thing from the floor, seems like the most natural movement ever.
Squatting on the other hand training squats forever, still not sure on form when the weight goes up.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
January 25 2012 23:13 GMT
#740
Finally pain-free, first real upper body workout since mid december. So much weakness, it is unbelievable: Missed the 5th rep at 70kg on the OHP, while my PR is 81kgx5... Still, at least now I can do something about it again.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 12m
INu's Battles
7h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 12m
OSC
18h 27m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.