• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9004 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 159

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 379 Next
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 04 2012 11:46 GMT
#3161
Back was still fucked this morning so I decided to skip gym for the first time since I got the flu. Normally I'd immediately start feeling better the second I made the decision, but every time I stand up I realize that this time I actually made the right choice. I'm injured fo' realsies -_-

Hoping I heal enough to squat until friday, otherwise I'll just do some machine stuff I guess.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 13:53:59
April 04 2012 13:53 GMT
#3162
On April 04 2012 11:25 Gatored wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 10:22 mordek wrote:
So gym closes for Good Friday... any problem with moving the workout to Thursday and do two days in a row?

Also, finally going to man up and do power cleans. I know it's what I want and I've just been scared to start.


Why not just go Saturday and have your two days off be on Thurs/Fri?

Also, I just started doing power cleans the other day. They really aren't that hard to learn. You'll be fine.

It's Easter weekend at a Christian liberal arts college gym The Y might be open though. Really I'm only worried because I play Ultimate for 2 hours on Wednesday nights and it kind of takes it out of your legs lol.

On April 04 2012 20:46 Osmoses wrote:
Back was still fucked this morning so I decided to skip gym for the first time since I got the flu. Normally I'd immediately start feeling better the second I made the decision, but every time I stand up I realize that this time I actually made the right choice. I'm injured fo' realsies -_-

Hoping I heal enough to squat until friday, otherwise I'll just do some machine stuff I guess.

Bummer, get better soon dude!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
April 04 2012 14:01 GMT
#3163
On April 03 2012 19:12 zatic wrote:
2. Deadlift: Guy told me to not "relax" when the bar is on the ground. He is right in that I basically do 5 single deadlifts, sometimes also let go of the bar to switch grip. Basically I do relax my back for a moment to tighten everything again for the next lift. Is there a problem with that?

Definitely not, relaxing and retightening is likely optimal. As already stated, it's a DEADlift for a reason!
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 04 2012 14:19 GMT
#3164
On April 04 2012 20:46 Osmoses wrote:
Back was still fucked this morning so I decided to skip gym for the first time since I got the flu. Normally I'd immediately start feeling better the second I made the decision, but every time I stand up I realize that this time I actually made the right choice. I'm injured fo' realsies -_-

Hoping I heal enough to squat until friday, otherwise I'll just do some machine stuff I guess.


dont take back injuries lightly. read this and post in the injury thread. hope you feel better soon :/
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 14:24:39
April 04 2012 14:20 GMT
#3165
Dunno, I mean you're supposed to draw breath when standing up in order to get more pressure at the bottom, if you take a breath bending over your lungs wont be as full and you'll have less pressure.

Theorycraftin'

On April 04 2012 23:19 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 20:46 Osmoses wrote:
Back was still fucked this morning so I decided to skip gym for the first time since I got the flu. Normally I'd immediately start feeling better the second I made the decision, but every time I stand up I realize that this time I actually made the right choice. I'm injured fo' realsies -_-

Hoping I heal enough to squat until friday, otherwise I'll just do some machine stuff I guess.


dont take back injuries lightly. read this and post in the injury thread. hope you feel better soon :/

Will read as soon as I get back home.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 14:44:14
April 04 2012 14:43 GMT
#3166
you should actually hold your breath and sort of "try to breath out while not letting any air out", if you know what I mean. that creates the most intra-abdominal pressure.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
April 04 2012 18:09 GMT
#3167
Today's workout:

Squat 110kg 5x7 (didn't miss any reps this time)
BP 90kg one double, then 4 singles

I was too tired at the end. Might go back at night to do some chins and dips. Also, creatine does wonders :D

Vids:


http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
April 04 2012 22:15 GMT
#3168
I'm just wondering how far you can get down on the squats without the plates under your heels? I can't imagine that being the most stable setup
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
Vitruvian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States168 Posts
April 04 2012 22:18 GMT
#3169
What the hell is the deal with spotters who have a desperate need to participate in the lift? Doing bench press this morning, ended up with two different randoms who insisted on keeping their hands on the bar the whole time and pulling on the last six inches of the lift. I've always been of the mindset that I need to just be grateful that someone is willing to help a complete stranger, regardless of any honest mistakes, but this is disruptive enough to invalidate the workout altogether. What would be a tactful way of saying, "Keep your fucking hands off unless the bar actually starts creeping back down?"

On April 04 2012 10:22 mordek wrote:
So gym closes for Good Friday... any problem with moving the workout to Thursday and do two days in a row?

Also, finally going to man up and do power cleans. I know it's what I want and I've just been scared to start.


Power cleans are great; I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread who intially felt intimidated by them has voiced a sentiment along the lines of, "I wish I had started doing them sooner!" Power clean tutorial videos on the California Strength website are a fantastic resource. Just out of curiosity: do you have access to bumper plates/Olympic platforms where you lift?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
April 04 2012 22:19 GMT
#3170
On April 04 2012 23:01 Ingenol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 19:12 zatic wrote:
2. Deadlift: Guy told me to not "relax" when the bar is on the ground. He is right in that I basically do 5 single deadlifts, sometimes also let go of the bar to switch grip. Basically I do relax my back for a moment to tighten everything again for the next lift. Is there a problem with that?

Definitely not, relaxing and retightening is likely optimal. As already stated, it's a DEADlift for a reason!


also makes it easier to use good form and makes you less likely to hurt yourself.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
April 04 2012 22:43 GMT
#3171
On April 05 2012 07:18 Vitruvian wrote:
What the hell is the deal with spotters who have a desperate need to participate in the lift? Doing bench press this morning, ended up with two different randoms who insisted on keeping their hands on the bar the whole time and pulling on the last six inches of the lift. I've always been of the mindset that I need to just be grateful that someone is willing to help a complete stranger, regardless of any honest mistakes, but this is disruptive enough to invalidate the workout altogether. What would be a tactful way of saying, "Keep your fucking hands off unless the bar actually starts creeping back down?"

Since I almost always go with friends, I don't have to do this often, but when I have to use random spotters I just say something like "Please make sure you don't touch the bar unless I specifically ask for help." If the person still looks unsure, I'll clarify by saying something like "I realise you're not helping with the lift, but I feel more confident if your hands are nowhere near the bar during the lift. Thanks!"

Like I say I don't have to get random spotters often, but the few times I have it's never been a problem. Also, if they're hands do get close to the bar when I'm struggling, I generally shout "LEAVE" if I feel like I can finish it on my own.
Moderator
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
April 04 2012 23:32 GMT
#3172
I just tell them I want to make sure the bar doesn't fall on me. That normally does the trick, or I just have some awesome random spotters.

I also tell em how many I am going for, so they aren't in the dark. Tomorrow I'll be doing one rep+ on my bench press 5/3/1 cycle. Simple as saying "Hey I'm going for one, anything else is extra."
Victory Loves Preparation
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
April 04 2012 23:58 GMT
#3173
On April 05 2012 07:15 Ludrik wrote:
I'm just wondering how far you can get down on the squats without the plates under your heels? I can't imagine that being the most stable setup


I've been using the plates under my heels for around 2 weeks and I actually feel a bit more stable with them. I can go deeper but this was my last set and I was just focusing on hitting parallel lol.
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
April 05 2012 00:24 GMT
#3174
your knees bow in a lot coming out of the bottom, you might want to work on that. GJ though =]

what' 1rm are you working with?
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 05 2012 00:26 GMT
#3175
Snatch - 3x80 3x90 100 104 107 110 113 no misses!
CJ - 2x90, 2x100, 2x110, 1x120, 125, 130, 140x, 140, 148x, 148x Made both cleans but missed both jerks would have been a 2kg PR (try to match my buddy who hit a 2kg pr on his snatch)
Bench - 3x5 @ 102.5kg Does this mean i win the race? ( jk jk ). Finally hit my first workout where i actually had to try (granted i had just maxed out cj T_T) Probably only go up by 5 pounds or so till i plateau.

On April 04 2012 10:22 mordek wrote:
So gym closes for Good Friday... any problem with moving the workout to Thursday and do two days in a row?

Also, finally going to man up and do power cleans. I know it's what I want and I've just been scared to start.


Power cleans are literally one of the highest correlations to successful athletes along with vertical. They increase your awesomeness.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 01:25:09
April 05 2012 01:21 GMT
#3176


+ Show Spoiler +





Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 05 2012 01:37 GMT
#3177
On April 05 2012 10:21 FFGenerations wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0IfqyPTiIE

+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGDzI8FKTw&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWU7Z2TILh8



these will be my children someday. There's a guy on there cleaning 130kg and snatching 90kg, can't be more than 15 years old. Damn!
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 05 2012 01:50 GMT
#3178
lol she is not even dropping the bar.

My kid will deadlift 200kg before he is 16 -,-
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
April 05 2012 06:20 GMT
#3179
question :

when deadlifting do you do negatives or just drop the weight? i've heard arguments for and against doing negatives. just want your opinions.

decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 05 2012 06:54 GMT
#3180
On April 05 2012 15:20 shawster wrote:
question :

when deadlifting do you do negatives or just drop the weight? i've heard arguments for and against doing negatives. just want your opinions.


just fucking drop it. not worth your energy
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM400
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 400
ByuN 254
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
Yoon 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota70
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko311
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM201
hiko187
Pyrionflax175
Livibee147
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
INu's Battles
22h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.