• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 148

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 379 Next
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 13:17:33
March 28 2012 13:16 GMT
#2941
On March 28 2012 17:33 Osmoses wrote:
This morning was awkward. Someone had left the weights on the squat rack next to mine, so after I was done doing my stuff I figured I'd be a good guy and take those off too. Unfortunately I was either tired, slow, or maybe just being my usual absent-minded self because I unloaded one whole side first, leaving about 50kg on the other side, which promptly caused the bar to start tipping over.

Now, I don't know about most people, but when I see a disaster waiting to happen, I don't jump into action trying to prevent it. I'm always way too busy being fascinated with the proceedings to do anything but stare. It's the same way when I'm driving a car. I once found myself at a roundabout and started driving into it, despite the fact that I could clearly see another car coming around. Luckily I had friends in the car, and their startled yelps caused me to snap out of it and slam the breaks.

Back in the gym, I had a good 2 or 3 seconds to grab the bar and keep it from tipping, but instead I just stood there, passively holding the last weight I had pulled off and watched enraptured as the weights on the other side fell to the ground and the bar itself fell onto the safety-racks, resulting in a glorious cacophony of noise.

Guy behind me on the bench stared at the ground and pretended it hadn't happened. I figured he shouldn't have to pretend on my account though, so I offered a non-committal "oops!" in an attempt to help him feel part in what was going on, but he silently - and, I like to think, politely - declined.

I had something like that happen recently. I work out in the morning because I don't have time later in the day and the gym gets too crowded anyways. The only problem is I'm not really a morning person so I usually go to the gym in zombie mode half asleep. Well I go to the power rack and someone did shrugs before me I'm guessing, and left the weights on. So here I am half awake and start to deload all from one side. I think there were 3 45 lbs plates on each side. I remove 1 plate nothing happens. I remove two plates nothing happens. I remove the third plate and the bar fucking flips into the other power rack. And then I realized what the fuck I did. Thank god the person using the rack next to me was taking a break and out of the rack when this happened. If he was in the middle of a set then I would have not just a silly mistake but someone's life on my conscience... After this I never deload from one side whether its 2.5 lbs on each side or 135 lbs.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 13:30:09
March 28 2012 13:29 GMT
#2942
Deadlifted 1.5x bw, Friday I do the same for squat 3x5! Also I finally broke through press 105 5x5 which was nice because I failed 3 work outs in a row at that weight a few weeks ago and I came back and conquered it.

This morning in my stupor I asked my buddy to put a 25 on each side during warm up sets and he says sure. I go to do the squats and I'm realizing something is not right. Rack it and check each side asking if he put the 25 on. He sure did but I managed to grab a 35lb weight for my side instead XD

On March 28 2012 17:28 Risen wrote:
I did a fuckin pullup woooooooo!

Nice work! That's an awesome feeling.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 28 2012 14:57 GMT
#2943
On March 28 2012 17:28 Risen wrote:
I did a fuckin pullup woooooooo!

I'm jelly, I'm still nowhere close to doing a bonafide pullup :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 28 2012 16:15 GMT
#2944
On March 28 2012 17:28 Risen wrote:
I did a fuckin pullup woooooooo!


I know how it feels (well, still only Chin-Up, but same difference), gz
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 28 2012 16:21 GMT
#2945
Curious, what do you guys do to work up to doing a pullup? Lat pulldowns or assisted?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 28 2012 16:33 GMT
#2946
On March 29 2012 01:21 mordek wrote:
Curious, what do you guys do to work up to doing a pullup? Lat pulldowns or assisted?

Negatives are good in my opinion. I'm terrible at pullups tho
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 28 2012 16:50 GMT
#2947
Did 107kg squat for 1x5 today, felt pretty good. Especially considering my legs were feeling weird due to an hour of handball (pretty much sprinting and jumping all the time) we did in P.E.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 17:01:15
March 28 2012 17:00 GMT
#2948
I'm not sure about working up to your first pull-up but for me, sticking to low reps helped with strength gains. Now I can do 5 pull-ups with about 1/3 of my body weight attached.

Btw, kroc rows are pretty awesome. Did 3 sets of 10 on each arm on Monday and I'm still sore :D Good thing I couldn't do any more because of my grip lol
Official Entusman #21
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 28 2012 17:24 GMT
#2949
Ok thanks, I'm fine with them myself, more asking for a friend who's using the assisted at the moment.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 28 2012 19:32 GMT
#2950
My lats are so sore from 3x5 pull ups rofl. time for gym and practice back to back whee
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 19:47:35
March 28 2012 19:46 GMT
#2951
today, after 6 days off due to alcohol (first time drunk in 8 months -_- ) + depression

squat 80kg 3x5
bench 75kg x7, 80kg x5 with help, 80kg x4 -.- didnt rest long enough after first set
deadlift doubles up to 90 then 105kg 1x6, then 2x hangs
also quit smoking ...again... today coz i have 3 days off work
cleaned the shit out of my bedroom
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
kaisr
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada715 Posts
March 28 2012 20:08 GMT
#2952
On March 29 2012 02:00 infinity21 wrote:
I'm not sure about working up to your first pull-up but for me, sticking to low reps helped with strength gains. Now I can do 5 pull-ups with about 1/3 of my body weight attached.

Btw, kroc rows are pretty awesome. Did 3 sets of 10 on each arm on Monday and I'm still sore :D Good thing I couldn't do any more because of my grip lol


right now I can do 3x6 chinups and 5-5-4 pullups. You think I should start adding weights to chinups or keep going till I can go 3x8 or something?

sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 28 2012 20:16 GMT
#2953
On March 29 2012 05:08 kaisr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 02:00 infinity21 wrote:
I'm not sure about working up to your first pull-up but for me, sticking to low reps helped with strength gains. Now I can do 5 pull-ups with about 1/3 of my body weight attached.

Btw, kroc rows are pretty awesome. Did 3 sets of 10 on each arm on Monday and I'm still sore :D Good thing I couldn't do any more because of my grip lol


right now I can do 3x6 chinups and 5-5-4 pullups. You think I should start adding weights to chinups or keep going till I can go 3x8 or something?



getting up to 3x10 is usually a good starting point for doing weighted pullups but it varies. finding out for yourself is often the most effective way.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 28 2012 20:21 GMT
#2954
On March 29 2012 04:46 FFGenerations wrote:
today, after 6 days off due to alcohol (first time drunk in 8 months -_- ) + depression

squat 80kg 3x5
bench 75kg x7, 80kg x5 with help, 80kg x4 -.- didnt rest long enough after first set
deadlift doubles up to 90 then 105kg 1x6, then 2x hangs
also quit smoking ...again... today coz i have 3 days off work
cleaned the shit out of my bedroom

Don't let it get you down, keep lifting nice touch with the bedroom too ^^
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 28 2012 20:33 GMT
#2955
On March 29 2012 05:08 kaisr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 02:00 infinity21 wrote:
I'm not sure about working up to your first pull-up but for me, sticking to low reps helped with strength gains. Now I can do 5 pull-ups with about 1/3 of my body weight attached.

Btw, kroc rows are pretty awesome. Did 3 sets of 10 on each arm on Monday and I'm still sore :D Good thing I couldn't do any more because of my grip lol


right now I can do 3x6 chinups and 5-5-4 pullups. You think I should start adding weights to chinups or keep going till I can go 3x8 or something?


What sJarl said is usually what is recommended but for me, I started adding weights pretty early on. Depends on if you have a belt or not but try adding very small weights like 2.5lb or just the belt. Honestly, people's weight can fluctuate +-5 lb over a single day so it won't be massively difficult if you start light. At the end of the day, the most important thing is progression
Official Entusman #21
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 28 2012 20:42 GMT
#2956
I started adding weight when I did 5x5 but that's just because it worked better with the SL app. Just been going for 5x5 with the current weight and bump up when I can complete every set.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
steelANDmalice
Profile Joined October 2011
87 Posts
March 28 2012 23:57 GMT
#2957
Can any one recommend a good belt for squating and deadlifts? (affordable)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 28 2012 23:59 GMT
#2958
Sjarl and gotunk inspired me to max out squat today. Could probably still squeeze out a few more kilos, i missed 192.5 pretty narrowly but had to get to rugby practice.



only 190kg
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 29 2012 00:28 GMT
#2959
Could be multitudes worse. Still quite beast :D

(guy next to you looks not great.)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 29 2012 00:41 GMT
#2960
On March 29 2012 09:28 Froadac wrote:
Could be multitudes worse. Still quite beast :D

(guy next to you looks not great.)

He's lost over 200 pounds...id cut him a break
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Sea.KH 46
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2278
Dendi637
XaKoH 385
Counter-Strike
x6flipin253
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1302
B2W.Neo561
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee146
dupreeh102
XBOCT78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick590
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.