• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 135

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 379 Next
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 21 2012 15:41 GMT
#2681
On March 22 2012 00:30 Sneakyz wrote:
So appearently the PT doesn't think I have a herniated disc(yay), instead my back pain is caused by extremely tight hamstrings and a left/right core imbalance.

Gotta do some stretching and stability ball business(like a bawss). I like this PT though, because she said "Most people like to give pussy exercises for the stability balls, but I'm gonna make you work fucking hard."


If I read right, and your PT is a SHE.

bang her. With the power of 30 weird nerds doing OLY lifting.

BANG ITTTTTTT
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 21 2012 15:44 GMT
#2682
She's probably like twice my age though XD
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 21 2012 15:51 GMT
#2683
On March 22 2012 00:44 Sneakyz wrote:
She's probably like twice my age though XD


The question here is, is she hot?

If she's hot, she's worth it. Fuck that ;D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 21 2012 16:35 GMT
#2684
Guess I better get to it then
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 21 2012 16:37 GMT
#2685
URGH!
Could only finish 3 reps of my deadlifts today. Grip keeps failing me, fucking hell. Got 3reps with 126kg, last week i got 5 reps with 124kg. Maybe I should switch to mixed grip? Been doing overhand grip without hook and it isn't working too well anymore.
Been trying to up my grip strength with deadlift holds and pinch-gripping plates, not sure if either is very effective.

When you use a mixed grip do you swap the grip for each workout or just for the warm-ups?

Oh, and OHP 55kg for 3x5, which is a PR for me.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 21 2012 16:53 GMT
#2686
125kg is around when I my double overhand grip started failing me. Switch to mixed grip imo. No reason not to do it as long as you still use overhand for warm-ups
Official Entusman #21
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 21 2012 16:59 GMT
#2687
Yeah me too. It actually fails me when I'm warming up with 130kg.

I switch to mixed and get it on .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 21 2012 17:44 GMT
#2688
It may indeed be your grip, but a little while ago I had serious grip issues on deadlift and it turned out my grip is pretty great I just needed chalk (I use liquid chalk as my gym doesn't allow normal chalk). It turned out it was actually just slipping out and not to do with strength.



So today I had Squats/Bench/Deadlift. I went up a lot of weight on my squats today, and then when I came to deadlift which I'd increased by like 2.5kg from last time it was horrific. It was only 172.5kg for 5 reps but afterwards my lower back felt smashed and I don't think my form was great; my upper back rounded I'm pretty sure. I'm assuming it's because I blew up on the squats but 170 last time had felt fairly easy and pretty quick. Still need to settle in to this program a little better.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 21 2012 18:33 GMT
#2689
Been using chalk since I went over 110kg. I have VERY small hands and I'm not that strong overall. I think I'll just get used to mixed grip. Feels so awkward tho :/

Anyone got any suggestions to grip training? Deadlift holds, shrugs and kroc rows seem to be efficient, not sure if it is tho.
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 21 2012 18:44 GMT
#2690
For grip training just holding something heavy in your hands will probably be all that's needed, no reason to make it more complicated . Lift the bar from pins or something if you only want the grip training while not completing a deadlift, otherwise hold the bar for as long as possible on your last deadlift rep. Could also do something farmer's walk'ish.

Gonna need to start doing something like this myself because my double overhand only holds to a 150kg single, because I didn't really give a fuck about grip when I started training. Don't really give a shit about my grip now either when I think about it, just want dem forearmz .
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 21 2012 18:49 GMT
#2691
I had to switch my grip this Monday but it was only 107kg XD I've been trying to stick to the double overhand but I got set, went to pull and nothing happened and I just walked away lol. Switched my grip and it went up.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 18:50:39
March 21 2012 18:49 GMT
#2692
plate flips!


Also love my big bear paws. never had a problem with deadlifting grip and i could hookgrip almost all my fingers around my thumb if i wanted :-p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 20:48:59
March 21 2012 20:29 GMT
#2693
today
squat 85kg 5-4-3
ohp 45kg 5-?-? , 40kg 5?-7? something. piss poor anyway. different form now so expected it to be harder/different (elbows forwards)
clean 62.5kg , about 9 reps i think. completely mindfucked again, need to learn how to begin the lift/lift it off the floor, its like i had no idea how to lift it off the floor. im fine (kinda) with the lift except i just dont know how to begin it and mindblock myself spending like 10 attempts before i manage to lift it up and piss myself off so much
chinups 4-3-2 kinda

edit oh i scraped a chunk of skin off the inside of my thumb somehow , really hope it doesnt fuck my ability to grip a bar in 2 days -___-
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 20:47:22
March 21 2012 20:46 GMT
#2694
On March 22 2012 03:33 KOVU wrote:
Been using chalk since I went over 110kg. I have VERY small hands and I'm not that strong overall. I think I'll just get used to mixed grip. Feels so awkward tho :/

Anyone got any suggestions to grip training? Deadlift holds, shrugs and kroc rows seem to be efficient, not sure if it is tho.



People here may not approve of this, but a Powerball may be a good option. I used to use it loads when I played guitar a lot, and my forearms got massive.

http://www.powerballs.com/

Lifetime warranty is pretty good, I'm on my second at the moment but that's only because the computer went.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 21:07:48
March 21 2012 21:04 GMT
#2695
On March 22 2012 05:46 Deadeight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 03:33 KOVU wrote:
Been using chalk since I went over 110kg. I have VERY small hands and I'm not that strong overall. I think I'll just get used to mixed grip. Feels so awkward tho :/

Anyone got any suggestions to grip training? Deadlift holds, shrugs and kroc rows seem to be efficient, not sure if it is tho.



People here may not approve of this, but a Powerball may be a good option. I used to use it loads when I played guitar a lot, and my forearms got massive.

http://www.powerballs.com/

Lifetime warranty is pretty good, I'm on my second at the moment but that's only because the computer went.


Deadlift holds or rack pulls should be all you need. If you do weighted pullups/chinups atm, try just hanging from the bar after your last set. Not sure how the powerball would help if it only goes to 40lbs of force? Even the new lifters among us are lifting near 300lbs. Sure, powerball might help endurance, but would it do anything for your 5rm?

That said, I'm still double overhanding my DL's at 140kg, but that's because I'm a baller. I'll probably switch to hook grip soon, get on my level.

Probably going to do a warrior dash in a month... my school's offering a huge discount and free transportation, so it should be fun to round up a few friends. Only problem is that it's the day after "mayfest" our huge spring celebration where they cancel classes, topped off by a 15,000 seat concert in the carrier dome... Gonna have to channel my inner decaf for this one.
RemedySC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada176 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 21:37:44
March 21 2012 21:37 GMT
#2696
Today's workout -

Front Squat: 160lbs 3x5
OH Press: 100lbs 3x5
Deadlift: 280lbs 1x5
Dips: BW +10lbs 3x8

No PRs today, but it felt really good.

Going to be doing some running/cardio on my off days. Need to keep in shape for when I go to police college.

Also I now weigh 155lbs! Up from 135lbs last June.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 22:07:10
March 21 2012 21:37 GMT
#2697
Fucking smolov telling me I have to wait till saturday to squat. Wanna do it now and start celebration

@ Sneakyz

Next time u go there tell her u are picking her up for drinks at night. And bang her.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 21 2012 21:57 GMT
#2698
I think I'll learn myself mixed grip next week, but continue with deadlift holds. Too bad I cant do the holds off some pins, I have to do it off the floor - can't make that much of a difference tho

On March 22 2012 05:29 FFGenerations wrote:
today
squat 85kg 5-4-3
ohp 45kg 5-?-? , 40kg 5?-7? something. piss poor anyway. different form now so expected it to be harder/different (elbows forwards)
clean 62.5kg , about 9 reps i think. completely mindfucked again, need to learn how to begin the lift/lift it off the floor, its like i had no idea how to lift it off the floor. im fine (kinda) with the lift except i just dont know how to begin it and mindblock myself spending like 10 attempts before i manage to lift it up and piss myself off so much
chinups 4-3-2 kinda

edit oh i scraped a chunk of skin off the inside of my thumb somehow , really hope it doesnt fuck my ability to grip a bar in 2 days -___-

There is some really good instructional videos from california strength on how to clean. I think they're in the OP of the olympic weightlifting thread.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 22:16:39
March 21 2012 22:14 GMT
#2699
Farmers Walks helped me with grip a bit. Also rack pulls from just below lockout (you can do use an absurd amount of weight this way, so be careful. I used ~200kg). Just pick it up and hold it for a while =]

To clarify, anything you do where you hold some heavy shit for a while should work, I'm just suggesting what worked for me. The simpler the better imo. The rack pull seems like the best option because it is just the top 2inches of a deadlift and then you just hold on to it but lets you overload what you would normally do.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 21 2012 22:17 GMT
#2700
On March 22 2012 00:30 Sneakyz wrote:
So appearently the PT doesn't think I have a herniated disc(yay), instead my back pain is caused by extremely tight hamstrings and a left/right core imbalance.

Gotta do some stretching and stability ball business(like a bawss). I like this PT though, because she said "Most people like to give @#!*% exercises for the stability balls, but I'm gonna make you work @#!*% hard."


Yay, it sounds like you didn't get a crappy one... lol
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM400
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 400
ByuN 254
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
Yoon 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota70
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko311
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM201
hiko187
Pyrionflax175
Livibee147
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
INu's Battles
22h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.