• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7644 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 134

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 379 Next
MajinMojo
Profile Joined October 2010
266 Posts
March 20 2012 17:33 GMT
#2661
On March 21 2012 01:23 decafchicken wrote:
Spring has awakened decaf from hibernation. time to start getting in rugby shape and eating properly. ROAR

Also, i'm opening a gym called "The Judgement Zone" aka the opposite of planet fitness. Only barbells, power racks, platforms and awesomeness are allowed.


Haha I would totally go. I think I'll probably have to wind up going to this shitty Planet Fatness over by my new place in Scranton
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 20 2012 18:04 GMT
#2662
Living a couple minutes walk from your alma mater's gym with two power racks and a platform is where its at . I think I've waited for a power rack once. I do work out really early though.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 20 2012 18:24 GMT
#2663
I just shot eleven over par, without warming up for more than thirty minutes or touching a club for FOUR MONTHS. Dem squats help my long irons :D I get over 165m carry on my seven iron trololol :D Seriously happy though, good to know that when I want to start playing golf again I won't need to catch up too much.

Tomorrow deadlift time in the middle of Zumba class. There's nothing but iron plates, so I'm gonna make a fuckton of noise and I really don't give a shit, just gotta pull that PR. Starcraft, golf and lifting, what a combo
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 20 2012 18:47 GMT
#2664
Gonna see about going on the year's first round of golf this weekend
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 20 2012 20:06 GMT
#2665
On March 21 2012 03:47 Osmoses wrote:
Gonna see about going on the year's first round of golf this weekend

Just start the downswing slowly, helps a ton with accuracy and power.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 20 2012 20:10 GMT
#2666
I've got a ton of hip power from olympic lifting now, can't wait to see my drive :D only golfed like once since i started. Need to get out there in this beautiful weather.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 20 2012 21:42 GMT
#2667
Having no computer sucks.... can't watch you guys progress as much
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
March 20 2012 21:56 GMT
#2668
On March 21 2012 06:42 eshlow wrote:
Having no computer sucks.... can't watch you guys progress as much


fix it!
btw, hate to break it to you guys, but golf is kinda lame
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 20 2012 22:16 GMT
#2669
On March 21 2012 06:56 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 06:42 eshlow wrote:
Having no computer sucks.... can't watch you guys progress as much


fix it!
btw, hate to break it to you guys, but golf is kinda lame


I play golf too :p But I'm terrible haha
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
March 20 2012 23:08 GMT
#2670
I love to play golf. Haven't been out for a while though. My swing is screwed up though from playing hockey for so long. I like to get my wrists involved, maybe too much.

I can actually tolerate watching golf on TV now. I'm not sure whether that is sad or not.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
March 21 2012 03:31 GMT
#2671
On March 20 2012 23:27 Zafrumi wrote:
I dont even understand how people think you can break those plates... they are like made of iron or whatever. i'm pretty sure the floor will break before the plates (actually the floor in my gym is pretty ruined in some places because we dont have a safety bar in the squat rack and some people dump the bar when doing heavy squats. thankfully there is a wooden platform on which I can do heavy deadlifts/cleans, but then people complain about the noise because apparently this is a wellness center and not a gym where we come to be awesome and destroy worlds... damn I hate people sometimes :/ )

edit: 1000th post wasted on a rant :D hello corsair!


Obviously the plates won't break. It's the bar that takes a crapton of stress and something bad will happen to the bar. Usually iron doesn't have a very good fit with the bar anyways and it will also tear up the flooring or the platform too.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
March 21 2012 08:49 GMT
#2672
On March 21 2012 12:31 lyAsakura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 23:27 Zafrumi wrote:
I dont even understand how people think you can break those plates... they are like made of iron or whatever. i'm pretty sure the floor will break before the plates (actually the floor in my gym is pretty ruined in some places because we dont have a safety bar in the squat rack and some people dump the bar when doing heavy squats. thankfully there is a wooden platform on which I can do heavy deadlifts/cleans, but then people complain about the noise because apparently this is a wellness center and not a gym where we come to be awesome and destroy worlds... damn I hate people sometimes :/ )

edit: 1000th post wasted on a rant :D hello corsair!


Obviously the plates won't break. It's the bar that takes a crapton of stress and something bad will happen to the bar. Usually iron doesn't have a very good fit with the bar anyways and it will also tear up the flooring or the platform too.


thats what bumper plates are for. if the quality of the bar is halfway decent it should easily be able to handle the stress.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 21 2012 08:55 GMT
#2673
Today was awesome. I don't know if it was skipping deadlifts monday or something I ate or didn't eat or maybe I slept or blah blah blah but I came out the changing room and just skipped up the stairs. I don't know where this energy came from.

Then I did a warmup set of squats and things were starting to go south. Five reps with 40kg and I felt exhausted and my back was starting to hurt. Then I suddenly remember the rippetoe video where he shows how to lift the ass, not the chest, and voila, easy peasy. I went back up to 65kg no problem. I found my form again. Feels good.

After that I killed bench and deadlift.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 21 2012 11:54 GMT
#2674
I just pulled 150KG for a set of five for the first time I think it's more that I get a little dizzy and out of breath from lifting than that my muscles can't pull it, as my speed is pretty good still. Golf power yo.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 21 2012 12:43 GMT
#2675
On March 21 2012 20:54 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
I just pulled 150KG for a set of five for the first time I think it's more that I get a little dizzy and out of breath from lifting than that my muscles can't pull it, as my speed is pretty good still. Golf power yo.



GOGOGO :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Fruitstealer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1 Post
March 21 2012 13:06 GMT
#2676
working on my apm at the gym!
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 21 2012 13:15 GMT
#2677
Quality first post :D
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
March 21 2012 13:29 GMT
#2678
On March 21 2012 22:06 Fruitstealer wrote:
working on my apm at the gym!

Maybe you weren't aware, but there's actually a way you can jump rope without the hassle of actually--you know--jumping rope.

You can thank me later:
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 15:45:17
March 21 2012 13:51 GMT
#2679
On March 20 2012 06:00 FFGenerations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 02:38 mordek wrote:
What cues do you guys use when squatting if your knees sometimes go inwards?


"try to push the ground apart beneath you" <- something like that

On March 20 2012 07:17 GoTuNk! wrote:
Screw your legs on the floor outwards :p


On March 20 2012 02:55 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 02:38 mordek wrote:
What cues do you guys use when squatting if your knees sometimes go inwards?

Split the earth

Super helpful! Beasted 240lb squats 5x5 this morning. I was thinking this was the day I miss but I split the earth and became a titan :D


On March 21 2012 17:55 Osmoses wrote:
Then I did a warmup set of squats and things were starting to go south. Five reps with 40kg and I felt exhausted and my back was starting to hurt. Then I suddenly remember the rippetoe video where he shows how to lift the ass, not the chest, and voila, easy peasy. I went back up to 65kg no problem. I found my form again. Feels good.

After that I killed bench and deadlift.

Yay!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 21 2012 15:30 GMT
#2680
So appearently the PT doesn't think I have a herniated disc(yay), instead my back pain is caused by extremely tight hamstrings and a left/right core imbalance.

Gotta do some stretching and stability ball business(like a bawss). I like this PT though, because she said "Most people like to give pussy exercises for the stability balls, but I'm gonna make you work fucking hard."
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
UpATreeSC 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 960
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 83
Zeus 69
Trap 43
910 39
Bale 23
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 17
[ Show more ]
zelot 14
Shine 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5940
420jenkins234
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1230
Fnx 918
edward66
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS133
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1896
Other Games
summit1g4752
Grubby3068
Beastyqt701
B2W.Neo607
byalli413
C9.Mang0164
KnowMe160
TKL 148
shahzam90
BRAT_OK 67
Chillindude14
Railgan14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur377
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 36m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 36m
Stellar Fest
17h 36m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.