• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7537 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 128

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 379 Next
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 10:14:05
March 17 2012 10:13 GMT
#2541
I liked the book....

I may have just signed up for a 12 week strongman course with Stefán Sölvi Pétursson and Páll Logason that ends in a meet. Best part? It's -105kg only so I'll have to bulk smart. To be updated...



You can see my skinny arm there on the edge to the left.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 17 2012 13:43 GMT
#2542
bollocks forgot its saturday again!! :D (missed gym!!)
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 17 2012 13:57 GMT
#2543
On March 17 2012 19:13 sJarl wrote:
I liked the book....

I may have just signed up for a 12 week strongman course with Stefán Sölvi Pétursson and Páll Logason that ends in a meet. Best part? It's -105kg only so I'll have to bulk smart. To be updated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5p4qROGZU

You can see my skinny arm there on the edge to the left.


Since you have so many monsters lifting in your gym, I am curious: Have you ever talked to some of them them about steroids, or what stuff they are taking in general?
I am genuinely interested btw, not trying to start a flamewar of some sort or wanna take away anything of how hard they are training.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 17 2012 14:13 GMT
#2544
On March 17 2012 22:57 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 19:13 sJarl wrote:
I liked the book....

I may have just signed up for a 12 week strongman course with Stefán Sölvi Pétursson and Páll Logason that ends in a meet. Best part? It's -105kg only so I'll have to bulk smart. To be updated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5p4qROGZU

You can see my skinny arm there on the edge to the left.


Since you have so many monsters lifting in your gym, I am curious: Have you ever talked to some of them them about steroids, or what stuff they are taking in general?
I am genuinely interested btw, not trying to start a flamewar of some sort or wanna take away anything of how hard they are training.


I'm also interested in if anyone participating in this thread is using. Not that I care, just curious. I'm all for doing whatever the fuck you want, it's you body after all. Only beef I have is when people are using and competing in tested feds.

Most of the guys in my gym are using or have done sometime in their past.

Most cycles are based on some ester of testosterone and then add something on top of it. That ranges from dianabol (for seme easy water loading in the start of a cycle), trenbolone, masteron and some even doing deca durabolin and anadrol.

Most of them sadly don't know enough to get the full effects from the substances and compensate it with using more or for a longer time.

People generally don't talk specifics on their cycle but then, most of them don't really care.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
March 17 2012 14:19 GMT
#2545
powerlifters and their 10 spotters, ugh.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 17 2012 14:22 GMT
#2546
On March 17 2012 23:19 rEiGN~ wrote:
powerlifters and their 10 spotters, ugh.


would suck to tear a ligament in the knee (or just something go wrong) and have 400kg crashing down on you...

They just happened to be in the gym at the time and would've been watching him either way so I don't see why they couldn't spot him just in case something went wrong.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 17 2012 16:06 GMT
#2547
I'd be surprised if there isn't atleast someone in this thread using anabolic substances. Personally I don't really see any reason to take any since I'm not competing or anything. Would be kind of annoying to compete and know you're screwed because everyone else is eating all sorts of fancy shit though.

I don't have any idea about tested competitions here but I would assume not every country will have this, so if you don't take drugs you're screwed.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 17 2012 16:23 GMT
#2548
I've luckily got the genetics to be huge as fuck without any help, but I still wouldn't take roids if I were skinny because I'd be too afraid of getting bitch tits :p

That, and the whole thing with needles. I just think once you've crossed the line where you're using needles to get illegal substances into your body you're basically never going to be "clean" again. Sticking needles into yourself is filthy business, and dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 19:15:49
March 17 2012 16:28 GMT
#2549
I've been drunk/high 3 days straight on road strip, but i'm making a small break to finish smolov. Turned tv on today and there where eagles. Can't fail the eagles, gotta squat.

Squat 160kgx4x2.

Down to more drinking, I've been to 4 pool parties straight. I'm on a huge life high.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 17 2012 16:48 GMT
#2550
If I could squat 400kg I would want 10 squatters.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 17 2012 17:07 GMT
#2551
On March 18 2012 01:48 Deadeight wrote:
If I could squat 400kg I would want 10 squatters.

If I could squat 400kg I wouldn't want any spotters, I wouldn't be comfortable squatting any weight I couldn't dump backwards
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
March 17 2012 17:09 GMT
#2552
Happy st patty's day TLH&F green eggs and ham and beers all dya hell yeahhhh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 17 2012 18:19 GMT
#2553
On March 17 2012 23:13 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 22:57 Malinor wrote:
On March 17 2012 19:13 sJarl wrote:
I liked the book....

I may have just signed up for a 12 week strongman course with Stefán Sölvi Pétursson and Páll Logason that ends in a meet. Best part? It's -105kg only so I'll have to bulk smart. To be updated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5p4qROGZU

You can see my skinny arm there on the edge to the left.


Since you have so many monsters lifting in your gym, I am curious: Have you ever talked to some of them them about steroids, or what stuff they are taking in general?
I am genuinely interested btw, not trying to start a flamewar of some sort or wanna take away anything of how hard they are training.


I'm also interested in if anyone participating in this thread is using. Not that I care, just curious. I'm all for doing whatever the fuck you want, it's you body after all. Only beef I have is when people are using and competing in tested feds.

Most of the guys in my gym are using or have done sometime in their past.

Most cycles are based on some ester of testosterone and then add something on top of it. That ranges from dianabol (for seme easy water loading in the start of a cycle), trenbolone, masteron and some even doing deca durabolin and anadrol.

Most of them sadly don't know enough to get the full effects from the substances and compensate it with using more or for a longer time.

People generally don't talk specifics on their cycle but then, most of them don't really care.


Thanks, though I don't even know the name of all these substances.

Personally, I don't even take medicine against a cold if I don't have to. I basically don't want anything in my body that does not naturally belong in there unless I absolutely need to. The lone exception is pain killers, there is a hole in the wall over my bed in my parents house from a night of toothache, never wanna experience that kind of night ever again.

So basically, the world won't spin any differently if I can lift 20kg more because of drugs, and I would not feel as if I earned it. Though better recovery would be really really sweet . Right now I am training even when I know that it is not productive, strength-wise, but I just have to do sports everyday or I get cranky. I am not really a strength athlete anymore, much more a weight-loss athlete^^. Will probably change when I have my goal weight and a little less time on my hands.

I was at the orthopaedic recently and he asked me if I "used doping". My hip/pelvis showed on the x-ray showed some signs you would often see with people who use steroids. I didn't really ask any further, but I just took it as a good thing, as if my body is producing its own growth-hormones (and after all I have been pretty big, lol).
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
March 17 2012 18:50 GMT
#2554
On March 17 2012 23:22 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 23:19 rEiGN~ wrote:
powerlifters and their 10 spotters, ugh.


would suck to tear a ligament in the knee (or just something go wrong) and have 400kg crashing down on you...

They just happened to be in the gym at the time and would've been watching him either way so I don't see why they couldn't spot him just in case something went wrong.

see your point, I guess it's just a personal preference of mine that I find for example this much more impressive, and also olympic lifting in general.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 17 2012 19:05 GMT
#2555
On March 18 2012 03:50 rEiGN~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 23:22 sJarl wrote:
On March 17 2012 23:19 rEiGN~ wrote:
powerlifters and their 10 spotters, ugh.


would suck to tear a ligament in the knee (or just something go wrong) and have 400kg crashing down on you...

They just happened to be in the gym at the time and would've been watching him either way so I don't see why they couldn't spot him just in case something went wrong.

see your point, I guess it's just a personal preference of mine that I find for example this much more impressive, and also olympic lifting in general.

I dunno, as long as the guy lifts the weight on his own, who cares if there are 10 guys standing around him? It feels a bit like saying it's more impressive to squat in a squat rack without a safety catch.
Moderator
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
March 17 2012 19:12 GMT
#2556
^ nice analogy imo~
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 17 2012 19:19 GMT
#2557
On March 18 2012 01:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
I've been drunk/high 3 days straight on road strip, but i'm making a small break to finish smolov. Turned tv on today and there where eagles. Can't fail the eagles, gotta squat.




Squat 160kgx4x2.

Down to more drinking, I've been to 4 pool parties straight. I'm on a huge life high. I think booze killed my knee pain, prolly has something to do with fluid elimination ur just cause I'm so awesome.

I'm gonna tell every girl I meet today my name is Hercules. For rela.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 17 2012 19:30 GMT
#2558
On March 18 2012 04:19 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 01:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
I've been drunk/high 3 days straight on road strip, but i'm making a small break to finish smolov. Turned tv on today and there where eagles. Can't fail the eagles, gotta squat.




Squat 160kgx4x2.

Down to more drinking, I've been to 4 pool parties straight. I'm on a huge life high. I think booze killed my knee pain, prolly has something to do with fluid elimination ur just cause I'm so awesome.

I'm gonna tell every girl I meet today my name is Hercules. For rela.

You posted this 3 hours ago as well.. So drunk lol
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
March 17 2012 19:32 GMT
#2559
On March 18 2012 04:30 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 04:19 GoTuNk! wrote:
On March 18 2012 01:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
I've been drunk/high 3 days straight on road strip, but i'm making a small break to finish smolov. Turned tv on today and there where eagles. Can't fail the eagles, gotta squat.




Squat 160kgx4x2.

Down to more drinking, I've been to 4 pool parties straight. I'm on a huge life high. I think booze killed my knee pain, prolly has something to do with fluid elimination ur just cause I'm so awesome.

I'm gonna tell every girl I meet today my name is Hercules. For rela.

You posted this 3 hours ago as well.. So drunk lol


lololo, drunk as fuck that man
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 19:36:54
March 17 2012 19:33 GMT
#2560
On March 18 2012 02:07 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 01:48 Deadeight wrote:
If I could squat 400kg I would want 10 squatters.

If I could squat 400kg I wouldn't want any spotters, I wouldn't be comfortable squatting any weight I couldn't dump backwards



I was thinking more of that video where the guys quad comes detached or something and he falls forwards. I think it's a few pages back.
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.