• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8974 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 657

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 655 656 657 658 659 730 Next
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-27 20:36:47
October 27 2011 20:36 GMT
#13121
On October 27 2011 22:54 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 22:45 Jupiter wrote:
On October 27 2011 21:35 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
On October 27 2011 17:32 Jupiter wrote:
Just got back from the Gym

Hit -

188kg x 3 Squat
106kg x 3 Bench

Going for 5 reps of these on Sunday.

I feel like I can get 5 reps on the squat but maybe only 4 with bench.

Just have to eat heaps and rest a lot between now and then!!

Got a new bag of protein today which should help.


Damn nice numbers! What's your bodyweight at?



Thanks man!

I weigh 95kg

Are you doing strength training?


Yeah, I am. I'm not quite as strong as you in squat (nowhere near it actually), but just about the same in bench.

Generally right now I'm focusing more on Olympic lifts because of the fun factor.

Edit:

OK, I've gotten waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too chubby lately. I just took some front pictures and god damn my chest is starting to get flabby/stomach starting to get too big. I'm starting to sag here!

Time to diet down. I figure I'll just get on Leangains now and finally, finally stick to it 100%. I really want to hit 8% bodyfat this time before I try to put more mass on again. I got impatient last time and started at 15%; now I'm probably closing in on 18% . Hoping that three months of paleo will be enough.

Does anybody have a good idea for what kind of lifting program would be good for weight loss? I know that weight loss is mainly diet, but I just want to know... high volume? low volume? intensity? any ideas for rep schemes? any preset programs?

I'll post before/afters when I'm done cutting. I just took the before pictures .

Current diet plan: paleolithic style diet, emphasizing quality over quantity. Going to aim for 3,000 calories on lifting days, 2,500 calories on non-lifting days. Lifting days will incorporate some sweet potatoes and slightly lower fat, while rest days will have higher fat. Protein will be kept high the entire time. I think I'll lift 4x/week, maybe 3x if somebody thinks it would be better.

I've been on Leangains as well since the start of September. I was close to your weight (~94.5kg down to 89kg now) and lost about 0.5kg a week with 2500 on rest days and 3500 on training days , 3x per week. Just pick a starting point and weigh yourself every week to see if you need to adjust up or down on your calories.
I don't know what program you're currently doing but I found that you can still make some strength gains, you just have to increase a bit slower than while bulking. If you just keep the deadlift, squat, bench etc. in your program and lift heavy you should be ok.

emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 27 2011 20:37 GMT
#13122
On October 28 2011 03:46 Nazarene wrote:
Revenge today: 1x180 kg DL and then 1x182,5 (400 lbs!!) :-D


Nice!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
October 27 2011 22:48 GMT
#13123
On October 28 2011 03:46 Nazarene wrote:
Revenge today: 1x180 kg DL and then 1x182,5 (400 lbs!!) :-D


If you can have a vid I really wanna see, anything 400lb+ really interests me. Good job (:
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 27 2011 23:02 GMT
#13124
First snowfall of the year today; wasn't sticking to the ground though. We still had rugby practice, full contact in three inches of mud. Our game field is probably in even worse shape than that right now - but It was probably one of the greatest things I have ever done. I love this sport.

Still need to make time for the gym tonight; should happen in around an hour after I eat something.
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
October 28 2011 02:25 GMT
#13125
Hit 2 plates on squat last week! I finally feel like I'm not a worthless noob lol...

Today's Workout :

Squat 3x5x250lbs
Bench : 3x5x170lbs
DL 1x5x260lbs
Jupiter
Profile Joined November 2009
Australia73 Posts
October 28 2011 02:58 GMT
#13126
On October 28 2011 11:25 XuoriG wrote:
Hit 2 plates on squat last week! I finally feel like I'm not a worthless noob lol...

Today's Workout :

Squat 3x5x250lbs
Bench : 3x5x170lbs
DL 1x5x260lbs


Nice one!!

Stick with SS and you'll be at 3 plate squat in no time!

Good luck
mum says I cant play games against Zerg
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
October 28 2011 03:43 GMT
#13127
On October 27 2011 23:53 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 22:54 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
On October 27 2011 22:45 Jupiter wrote:
On October 27 2011 21:35 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
On October 27 2011 17:32 Jupiter wrote:
Just got back from the Gym

Hit -

188kg x 3 Squat
106kg x 3 Bench

Going for 5 reps of these on Sunday.

I feel like I can get 5 reps on the squat but maybe only 4 with bench.

Just have to eat heaps and rest a lot between now and then!!

Got a new bag of protein today which should help.


Damn nice numbers! What's your bodyweight at?



Thanks man!

I weigh 95kg

Are you doing strength training?


Yeah, I am. I'm not quite as strong as you in squat (nowhere near it actually), but just about the same in bench.

Generally right now I'm focusing more on Olympic lifts because of the fun factor.

Edit:

OK, I've gotten waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too chubby lately. I just took some front pictures and god damn my chest is starting to get flabby/stomach starting to get too big. I'm starting to sag here!

Time to diet down. I figure I'll just get on Leangains now and finally, finally stick to it 100%. I really want to hit 8% bodyfat this time before I try to put more mass on again. I got impatient last time and started at 15%; now I'm probably closing in on 18% . Hoping that three months of paleo will be enough.

Does anybody have a good idea for what kind of lifting program would be good for weight loss? I know that weight loss is mainly diet, but I just want to know... high volume? low volume? intensity? any ideas for rep schemes? any preset programs?

I'll post before/afters when I'm done cutting. I just took the before pictures .

Current diet plan: paleolithic style diet, emphasizing quality over quantity. Going to aim for 3,000 calories on lifting days, 2,500 calories on non-lifting days. Lifting days will incorporate some sweet potatoes and slightly lower fat, while rest days will have higher fat. Protein will be kept high the entire time. I think I'll lift 4x/week, maybe 3x if somebody thinks it would be better.


Or instead of dieting down you could bulk less aggresively. Just reduce your calories a little, no need to go on an all out cut because you've gained a little excess weight since that happes to us all the time.


Yeah, the only thing is I'm pretty huge and would like to hit some kind of "reset" button atm. There are, of course, other reasons why I'm cutting:

*My skin is getting pretty bad lately, and going full paleo is the only way my skin will improve.
*I'm planning a trip to Okinawa in March, so I better start cutting down for that now.
*I have put on quite a bit of muscle mass already, and feel like I'm starting to stall in the strength gains. Right now I probably have the most muscle mass I've ever had in my life; looking something like a tree trunk here.
*I will cut down slowly. Not gonna lose my gains this time from irresponsible dieting.
*I'm still trying to save for a new apartment/trip, so I need to cut down my spending... cutting is cheaper than bulking.

Anyway, this bulk has taught me that I have seriously bad chest genetics. I'm... flat. My legs have grown to tree trunk size, my arms are over 18" now, and my lats have exploded, but my chest is still stubborn as hell. I think I'll have to incorporate some weighted dips into my routine from now on.

I'm going to do a slow-cut oriented Leangains. Maybe I'll do something like 2500 rest 3500 workout calorie balances. And, of course, I'll stick to paleo with my only carbs coming from sweet potatoes post workout (and of course the trace amounts in green veggies).

InfC.AnatoLiy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States154 Posts
October 28 2011 05:17 GMT
#13128
On October 28 2011 02:47 Release wrote:
cottage cheese isn't as bad as the people claimed. It's not crap, it's just plain.


I freakin love cottage cheese. Mix some almonds with it in a cup.
Twitch.tv/D3AnatoLiy
DoubleZee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada556 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 07:40:42
October 28 2011 07:40 GMT
#13129
I love cottage cheese too. Almonds mixed in? Sounds VERY intriguing...
Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
October 28 2011 10:01 GMT
#13130
Haven't actually posted my stats here at all...

172cm (5'8?)
70.5kg (155lb?)

squat 130kg 3x6
powerclean 65kg 6x1
dead lift 120kg 1x6
bench press 75kg 3x6
dips BW+15kg 8/7/6
chins BW 8/7/6 (roughly)

goals: Volleyball player (beach + indoor)
increase vertical jump
increase overhead arm power but maintain shoulder health
improve low back strength (glutes/quads are doing it all atm hence lower DL)

Had a major knee surgery (patellar tendon excision) 18 months back, prev squat max was 140kg but didnt have as good range of movement. Also doing a lot of single leg squat/lunge stuff for my tendon
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 28 2011 11:23 GMT
#13131
On October 28 2011 19:01 emjaytron wrote:
increase overhead arm power but maintain shoulder health


Hmm, with regards to this point- what are you thinking of doing exercise wise? I guess I'm pretty interested in this as well.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 28 2011 12:58 GMT
#13132
WAZAPA MA FRENDOS!

EMBRACING THE POWER OF THE DEADLIFT YAYAYAYYA


Last friday (got a cold):
122 3x5 Squat
62kg 5x3 PowerClean
10-6-4 Chin Ups
140kg deadlift 1x5

Monday (was a Holiday, couldn't workout)

Tuesday (went for a lift, I had this cold and this cough attack, I felt like dying, did, 2x5 100kg Squat and 1x5 120kg Squat, went home feeling shitty).

Thursday (yesterday):
90kg Front Squat 3x5
ChinUps: 10-8-6
PowerClean: 62kg 5x3
Deadlift: 140kg 1x5
Deadlift: 150kg 1x1

SUP.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 28 2011 13:19 GMT
#13133
tic tac toe.

a co-worker (the only other designer here) just dropped this bomb on me:

"A nutritionist told me I shouldn't eat at night if I wanted to reduce weight, because it speeds up your metabolism".

? somebody please, tell me this isn't true.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
October 28 2011 13:41 GMT
#13134
On October 28 2011 22:19 funkie wrote:
tic tac toe.

a co-worker (the only other designer here) just dropped this bomb on me:

"A nutritionist told me I shouldn't eat at night if I wanted to reduce weight, because it speeds up your metabolism".

? somebody please, tell me this isn't true.


Grade A broscience. Plus, speeding up your metabolism would actually improve your weight loss anyway...

If I am interpreting the research correctly, meal timing matters in only one regard: consistency. For best results, meal timing should remain as consistent as possible due to hormonal patterns; I personally eat at 2pm, 6pm, and 10pm. I'm sure +/- one hour wouldn't do any harm, but just try not to have wild eating schedules.

Otherwise, don't worry about it.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
October 28 2011 13:50 GMT
#13135
LOL i love the justification that it speeds up your metabolism. I mean at least give a bullshit reason that makes sense, not one that if true would encourage the opposite. derp herp
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 14:00:01
October 28 2011 13:59 GMT
#13136
Awwww yeah, just did 101kg 3x5 on the squat, first time >100kg for reps.

My form is starting to break down tho, feels like my ass has a much easier time getting up than my chest and I'm not going deep enough. Will use my sunday on formwork.

101kg doesn't sound like a lot, but it feels like a really big milestone to me.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 16:09:52
October 28 2011 16:09 GMT
#13137
Good job kovu, 100kg is nothing to scoff at. If you feel like your form was off, I'd suggest you redo 101kg or take a light-ish day (90-95kg) and work on your getting your form right. I passed 100kg just a couple of weeks ago and wish I slowed down a bit to fix my form cause I overworked my lower back and couldn't squat for a bit.
Official Entusman #21
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 28 2011 16:24 GMT
#13138
On October 29 2011 01:09 infinity21 wrote:
Good job kovu, 100kg is nothing to scoff at. If you feel like your form was off, I'd suggest you redo 101kg or take a light-ish day (90-95kg) and work on your getting your form right. I passed 100kg just a couple of weeks ago and wish I slowed down a bit to fix my form cause I overworked my lower back and couldn't squat for a bit.

Exactly what I had in mind.

Next workout day is sunday and I figured i would start at 93kg x 5 and just work my way up adding +2kg every time. Will record it too, perhaps upload it here and see what you guys think about it.

Actually, I did 1x5, 1x6 1x5 today, lost count on the 2nd set. Last rep was awful tho, I mean, something like a squatmorning with right knee buckling. Brother was watching and after the set he was like "wow that 6th rep was shit", guess losing count is bad, lol
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
October 28 2011 17:15 GMT
#13139
Hahaha that sixth rep . Goodjob KOVU, where you at in Denmark?
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 28 2011 17:22 GMT
#13140
I live in a small town north of Copenhagen called Humlebæk.

Had the weirdest thing happening the last couple of days, been eating 1k over maintence and lost half a kg of weight in a week. Guess I will need to eat more, a lot more
Prev 1 655 656 657 658 659 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.