• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 659

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 657 658 659 660 661 730 Next
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
October 29 2011 22:49 GMT
#13161
So i've got a squat problem.
Since the weight is at 95+ i start doing squat mornings for the last or second to last rep. What part of me is to weak? How do i fix it?
I've been thinking to switch from 3x5 to 5x3, since the first two or three reps are always good.
Suggestions, ideas?
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 29 2011 23:01 GMT
#13162
On October 30 2011 05:45 emperorchampion wrote:
Obviously you need to drink more then :p


I can say from experience that staying away from alcohol, even for a week or two at a time is AMAZING when it comes to advancing your weight; especially with binge drinking as most of us (college age or slightly older) know it. It's amazing how long the effects of a single night out stick with you, even if you don't notice it - almost the same as removing gluten from my diet.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 29 2011 23:03 GMT
#13163
On October 30 2011 07:49 glurio wrote:
So i've got a squat problem.
Since the weight is at 95+ i start doing squat mornings for the last or second to last rep. What part of me is to weak? How do i fix it?
I've been thinking to switch from 3x5 to 5x3, since the first two or three reps are always good.
Suggestions, ideas?


check on your squat form. What works for me is making sure that I break at the hips, but bend at the knee simultaneously, squat as if I'm sitting BACK, not DOWN, and higher bar position is also helpful - although high bar squats are an entirely different animal than low bar squats.

If you're really having trouble with your squats then rather than switch to 5x3, I would think about first eating more, then next reset switching to an intermediate program - something with ramping sets like Madcow's.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 29 2011 23:04 GMT
#13164
Just lost...again. I think we're 0-5. Super close game, 23-29. I scored and played awesome defense (i broke a kids leg on accident...). Could have had the potential game winning score as i was running down the open field, cut so hard the guy in front of me fell over but another guy caught me and i couldn't pass it off...officially the most depressing season of my life. Our next and last game is against the reigning national champs that have literally been winning every game by an average of 50+ points. FML.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
October 29 2011 23:19 GMT
#13165
I've got a fairly high bar position. I'm eating quite a lot, can improve though.
Time to watch some squat vids again i guess.

Well i weigh 82kg and i've got fairly big legs, so 100kg shouldn't be a problem. I'm already on a intermediate program (squat is my worst lift).
Basically i can squat with good form for 2-3 reps, then at the 4th my form goes to shit. Should i lower weight? Reps?
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 23:21:08
October 29 2011 23:20 GMT
#13166
On October 30 2011 07:49 glurio wrote:
So i've got a squat problem.
Since the weight is at 95+ i start doing squat mornings for the last or second to last rep. What part of me is to weak? How do i fix it?
I've been thinking to switch from 3x5 to 5x3, since the first two or three reps are always good.
Suggestions, ideas?

Found this site article http://www.ncsf.org/enew/articles/articles-backsquat.aspx

Figured that my hip was too tight. Fixed it with the exercise explained in this link and foam rolling. might help you too
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
October 29 2011 23:22 GMT
#13167
Fuuuuu! Overhead Press is getting so hard... Takes me 3 workout days to advance in weight each time :S, did 3,3,4 reps of 110lbs , next time I'm doing 5-5-5!
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 29 2011 23:26 GMT
#13168
That's just how OHPs work, but god do I love them.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 29 2011 23:38 GMT
#13169
On October 29 2011 07:56 Hurricane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 11:21 Hurricane wrote:
I spent pretty much all of monday and today thinking of excuses to not go to the gym or not do my full work out. When gym time came I made myself go and I did my lifts.

Today went super well and I'm going to break my squat and DL PRs on Friday and it's going to be awesome.

I'm a psychic!

Squat 255lb 3x5 PR
Bench 215lb 3x5 PR
Deadlift 315lb 3x5 PR

yessssssssssssss

dammn way to go man!
Official Entusman #21
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 01:46:11
October 30 2011 01:46 GMT
#13170
On October 30 2011 08:26 KOVU wrote:
That's just how OHPs work, but god do I love them.


I know I love them too, but I cant wait to press one plate :D
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 30 2011 02:08 GMT
#13171
Yesss finally got my 250 squat!!
Taking a 'light' day after I failed the first set last time and doing 220x10 helped a lot. First set felt so easy and the other sets were reasonably hard.

Failed my 170 bench with 5-5-4-4 but I'll get it next time for sure.
Official Entusman #21
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
October 30 2011 02:18 GMT
#13172
On October 30 2011 11:08 infinity21 wrote:
Yesss finally got my 250 squat!!
Taking a 'light' day after I failed the first set last time and doing 220x10 helped a lot. First set felt so easy and the other sets were reasonably hard.

Failed my 170 bench with 5-5-4-4 but I'll get it next time for sure.


Whats your weight? Congrats on the 250! I'm stuck there myself, It's starting to be very heavy ...
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 30 2011 03:00 GMT
#13173
On October 30 2011 11:18 XuoriG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 11:08 infinity21 wrote:
Yesss finally got my 250 squat!!
Taking a 'light' day after I failed the first set last time and doing 220x10 helped a lot. First set felt so easy and the other sets were reasonably hard.

Failed my 170 bench with 5-5-4-4 but I'll get it next time for sure.


Whats your weight? Congrats on the 250! I'm stuck there myself, It's starting to be very heavy ...

Thanks, I weigh 176-178 now depending on if I've eaten or not lol
Got a Fitocracy buddy to take a video of my form. Learned that I have to tighten up my core on every rep and that my lower back still needs a lot of work. First time I've taken a video of my form since I started training so this is very helpful to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

damn it doesn't show in the video but I'm wearing a TL t-shirt
Official Entusman #21
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
October 30 2011 03:09 GMT
#13174
On October 30 2011 12:00 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 11:18 XuoriG wrote:
On October 30 2011 11:08 infinity21 wrote:
Yesss finally got my 250 squat!!
Taking a 'light' day after I failed the first set last time and doing 220x10 helped a lot. First set felt so easy and the other sets were reasonably hard.

Failed my 170 bench with 5-5-4-4 but I'll get it next time for sure.


Whats your weight? Congrats on the 250! I'm stuck there myself, It's starting to be very heavy ...

Thanks, I weigh 176-178 now depending on if I've eaten or not lol
Got a Fitocracy buddy to take a video of my form. Learned that I have to tighten up my core on every rep and that my lower back still needs a lot of work. First time I've taken a video of my form since I started training so this is very helpful to me. Any advice would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myVbYGzc81U
damn it doesn't show in the video but I'm wearing a TL t-shirt


I think your upperbody falls down forward too much, it causes your lower back to round a little at the bottom of the squat. I'm not the best about technique though, so maybe somebody else can comment...
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 30 2011 04:54 GMT
#13175
1 pint of cottage cheese and i already enjoy it.
tastes like crap, my ass.
☺
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 30 2011 07:58 GMT
#13176
On October 30 2011 07:23 Malinor wrote:
Did a Deadlift test-workout for the 5/3/1 Programm. Holy cow, that was way harder than I expected:

Deadlift: 100x4, 120x2, 136x5, 157.5x5 178.5x9 85x10-10-10-10-10 The five sets at 85kg at the end of the work-out sound so easy, but damn that's a lot of reps.

And Power Clean: 90kg 2-2 PR, yay. Fucked my shoulder up a little bit during the press yesterday, so couldn't do much volume on PCs.



why the hell is 90kg your 2rm power clean? You can squat 200kg all day you should be powercleaning 120kg ez. man up malinor.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 10:10:57
October 30 2011 10:05 GMT
#13177
Yeah, I should.
I have no excuses unfortunately. Well, at least 90 racked easily, there should be quite some room before I run into problems.
It's just work in progress and not too high on my priority list.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
October 30 2011 12:04 GMT
#13178
Note to self:
- Soccer after squatting hurts.
- Not being able to afford food due to lack of funds and losing 3 kg over 3 weeks sucks. (Gonna eat like mad now that I do have money)
- Bench to keep the GF quiet.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 14:45:06
October 30 2011 14:44 GMT
#13179
On October 30 2011 12:09 XuoriG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 12:00 infinity21 wrote:
On October 30 2011 11:18 XuoriG wrote:
On October 30 2011 11:08 infinity21 wrote:
Yesss finally got my 250 squat!!
Taking a 'light' day after I failed the first set last time and doing 220x10 helped a lot. First set felt so easy and the other sets were reasonably hard.

Failed my 170 bench with 5-5-4-4 but I'll get it next time for sure.


Whats your weight? Congrats on the 250! I'm stuck there myself, It's starting to be very heavy ...

Thanks, I weigh 176-178 now depending on if I've eaten or not lol
Got a Fitocracy buddy to take a video of my form. Learned that I have to tighten up my core on every rep and that my lower back still needs a lot of work. First time I've taken a video of my form since I started training so this is very helpful to me. Any advice would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myVbYGzc81U
damn it doesn't show in the video but I'm wearing a TL t-shirt


I think your upperbody falls down forward too much, it causes your lower back to round a little at the bottom of the squat. I'm not the best about technique though, so maybe somebody else can comment...


I think the problem is that you're driving your hips up well, but you're leaving your body in place so then you kinda have to good morning it up. I think you'll be able to attest that these reps feel a lot harder and not really "clean". Only really happens on the last few reps though.

Yo XuoriG, I just realized you go to McGill, we should work out some time :p
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 30 2011 17:01 GMT
#13180
On October 30 2011 12:00 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 11:18 XuoriG wrote:
On October 30 2011 11:08 infinity21 wrote:
Yesss finally got my 250 squat!!
Taking a 'light' day after I failed the first set last time and doing 220x10 helped a lot. First set felt so easy and the other sets were reasonably hard.

Failed my 170 bench with 5-5-4-4 but I'll get it next time for sure.


Whats your weight? Congrats on the 250! I'm stuck there myself, It's starting to be very heavy ...

Thanks, I weigh 176-178 now depending on if I've eaten or not lol
Got a Fitocracy buddy to take a video of my form. Learned that I have to tighten up my core on every rep and that my lower back still needs a lot of work. First time I've taken a video of my form since I started training so this is very helpful to me. Any advice would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myVbYGzc81U
damn it doesn't show in the video but I'm wearing a TL t-shirt


I agree with XuoriG: KEEP THAT DAMN CHEST UP!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 657 658 659 660 661 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.