• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12671 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 660

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 658 659 660 661 662 730 Next
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 30 2011 17:59 GMT
#13181
On October 31 2011 02:01 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 12:00 infinity21 wrote:
On October 30 2011 11:18 XuoriG wrote:
On October 30 2011 11:08 infinity21 wrote:
Yesss finally got my 250 squat!!
Taking a 'light' day after I failed the first set last time and doing 220x10 helped a lot. First set felt so easy and the other sets were reasonably hard.

Failed my 170 bench with 5-5-4-4 but I'll get it next time for sure.


Whats your weight? Congrats on the 250! I'm stuck there myself, It's starting to be very heavy ...

Thanks, I weigh 176-178 now depending on if I've eaten or not lol
Got a Fitocracy buddy to take a video of my form. Learned that I have to tighten up my core on every rep and that my lower back still needs a lot of work. First time I've taken a video of my form since I started training so this is very helpful to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

damn it doesn't show in the video but I'm wearing a TL t-shirt


I agree with XuoriG: KEEP THAT DAMN CHEST UP!

Yeah right now I see the bar going straight down until the very end where it goes forward. I'll try going down slower to see if that helps me keep the bar & my body from moving forward.
Official Entusman #21
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 30 2011 20:06 GMT
#13182

pewpew pew, I bought a smartphone. gonna record some of my lifts from now on. I also need to get back to updated my blog...
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 21:38:02
October 30 2011 21:36 GMT
#13183
On October 31 2011 05:06 AoN.DimSum wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC82oWifzNQ&

pewpew pew, I bought a smartphone. gonna record some of my lifts from now on. I also need to get back to updated my blog...


Keep the videos coming. Really nice to see how you train.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
October 30 2011 21:41 GMT
#13184
Agreed with Malinor, can't get enough good videos of my lifting hero <3 (didn't mean that in a creepy way at all =D)
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
UrASofty
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Canada772 Posts
October 30 2011 21:43 GMT
#13185
lol at the guy doing curls in the background
i be that pretty motherfucker
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 30 2011 22:32 GMT
#13186
haha ty guys. btw do you guys know a good video editor? Preferably free
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 30 2011 22:53 GMT
#13187
So I was doing deadlift a few days ago and a fellar came up to me and said doing them with no shoes on is really bad for my back. True or false?
I <3 Plexa.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 23:39:37
October 30 2011 23:34 GMT
#13188
On October 31 2011 07:53 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
So I was doing deadlift a few days ago and a fellar came up to me and said doing them with no shoes on is really bad for my back. True or false?


I didn't know they put special technology in our shoes to make Deadlifts safer. People should stop picking up stuff from the ground without shoes, that hasn't worked for thousands of years. Seriously...
+ Show Spoiler +
just in case my irony got lost, of course barefoot Deadlifts are safe


haha ty guys. btw do you guys know a good video editor? Preferably free

Well, Windows Movie Maker does the job. I am sure there is much better out there, but it is totally sufficient for cutting some lifts together.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 30 2011 23:36 GMT
#13189
Yeah I just found it on my other laptop, thanks malinor
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 30 2011 23:46 GMT
#13190
Don't worry I got it the first time Malinor, thanks as always!
I <3 Plexa.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 30 2011 23:49 GMT
#13191
Wow, felt really good to have a solid workout after friday's dissapointment, drinking and then eating like shit the rest of the weekend.

Back on route again!

@Malinor: I'll send you the file first thing tomorrow <3
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
October 31 2011 00:55 GMT
#13192
By now I assumed you read the PM when you were drunk and then forgot about it the next morning. And don't give up on your deadlift cycle yet, you need to get to at least 236kg
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 31 2011 01:01 GMT
#13193
On October 31 2011 07:53 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
So I was doing deadlift a few days ago and a fellar came up to me and said doing them with no shoes on is really bad for my back. True or false?


It is better barefoot than any shoe. U want to be close to the ground and feel it with ur feet.
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
October 31 2011 02:05 GMT
#13194
Some progress for me, I've lost about 15-20 lbs since August (I had posted earlier that I had started a diet and some basic exercise routine). It goes up and down 2-3 lbs pretty much every other day but it eventually stabilizes at the lower weight after a week or two. Right now I'm a bit stuck; I anticipated this but I still need to work on my diet. I eat much better than before (didn't eat at the restaurant once since August and I eat vegetables every day; don't buy chips or icecream etc anymore). I've slipped a little because vegetable prices were getting to be too much for my budget to be honest and I'm eating more crap (25c noodles). Not much I can do about that but the big problem is they don't fill me up at all so I've been eating more often. Trying to cut back to 3 meals a day right now... usually eggs in the morning with toast; soup or pasta for dinner, and a real supper afterwards (it's varied, I made a ton of meals this summer and I'm still finishing them.. all have meat + vegetables + rice pretty much). I try to eat salads at least 3-4 times a week for dinner (or I just cook the vegetables first and eat only those... tastes better).

I actually didn't do my exercises for most of September because I was lazy but I've started doing them consistently again in the past 2 weeks. It helps that I have weights now... I used to do it with a large book (it's 15 lbs but it's not exactly fun to use it). Not going too intense but it's getting easier pretty quickly.

It's like 30-45 minutes with a some small breaks that I do every day. I start with a lot of stretches mostly and just jumping around shadow kickboxing for a few minutes just to do any kind of movement. I do squats (3x10, I do them in between arm exercises but I'm going to start doing more soon I think) and a few other easier leg exercises. Then I use 20lbs weights for different arm exercises at 10 reps each (5 different exercises). My arms are tired when I'm doing them but honestly right now only my legs are tired. I'm not really sure if what I'm doing is really efficient but to be honest I'm just doing it for fun so I'm not really concerned about that. Some of the exercises I do are pointless I'm sure but meh, at least I'm doing something.

I'm still at a huge weight (270) so I'm pretty sure I can lose another 50 pounds over the winter+ relatively easily if I don't give up (not really hard to be honest) without really doing anything drastic. I don't actually care about the number or how I look, just doing it to have more energy because it's tough when you're barely able to stay awake after a normal day of work or university.

I'm a bit worried about cholesterol because I'm eating eggs and cheese so often but overall it's been going well.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Raambo11
Profile Joined April 2011
United States828 Posts
October 31 2011 03:23 GMT
#13195
OK this is my first post so here it goes....

I have been trying to do the SL 5X5 seriously for a couple months seeing as it looked like a good program, the only problem is that the the golds gym near where I lived moved out and the new gym only has a Smith Machine and no olympic barbells, so its the only option for squats/bench/everything basically.

My squat has gone from about 110-170 lb 5x5, however my bench press has barely budged much at all and I am wondering if I would be better off doing a flat or incline bench with dumbells, and if this would work my chest more than the bench, because I have heard the smith machine doesn't trigger all your muscles. Either this or my form is off? My grip is fairly wide, a good bit wider than shoulder width which someone told me was good....

I have not tried the deadlift at all as it seems awkward as hell doing it on a smith, and you can't get much weight at all doing it with dumbbells. I guess my main question is there anything else I can do lift wise which would be as efficient in helping me bulk as deadlifts.... I already do pullups and dips but I still have free time in my workouts.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 31 2011 03:32 GMT
#13196
@Raambo: Try to find a new gym. There's got to be some place nearby that has a power rack & olympic barbell set.
Official Entusman #21
Raambo11
Profile Joined April 2011
United States828 Posts
October 31 2011 03:45 GMT
#13197
Thats the thing... I've looked a lot and there arn't any gyms within a reasonable distance. I don't have the time to commute 1 hour each way to the gym...
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 31 2011 04:07 GMT
#13198
On October 31 2011 12:45 Raambo11 wrote:
Thats the thing... I've looked a lot and there arn't any gyms within a reasonable distance. I don't have the time to commute 1 hour each way to the gym...
If you want to look like Rambo you better start commuting asap.

The smith machine is nasty.
I <3 Plexa.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
October 31 2011 04:27 GMT
#13199
FUCK. went to a friends house to eat for dinner. Im on a semi paleo, meaning its paleo when I can make it but i just eat w/e when I am out with friends. She made couscous + some stew and some dinner rolls. and FUCK my stomach is KILLING me. SO BAD. Ive eaten rice and gotten some stomach aches since going on paleo but man is this bad. zzzz. and ive only been on semi paleo for like a month and a half.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 31 2011 04:33 GMT
#13200
On October 31 2011 12:45 Raambo11 wrote:
Thats the thing... I've looked a lot and there arn't any gyms within a reasonable distance. I don't have the time to commute 1 hour each way to the gym...

Is there a place close by to where you work? Is it feasible for you to have a home gym?
Official Entusman #21
Prev 1 658 659 660 661 662 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1446
TKL 466
IndyStarCraft 292
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1446
TKL 466
IndyStarCraft 292
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23664
Calm 2286
Shuttle 355
Mini 168
White-Ra 147
ZZZero.O 107
firebathero 77
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1387
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4251
Liquid`Hasu565
MindelVK27
Other Games
summit1g5910
Liquid`RaSZi2259
fl0m1635
FrodaN1407
B2W.Neo745
olofmeister654
Khaldor478
Beastyqt342
Livibee185
crisheroes133
Pyrionflax108
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 26
• Adnapsc2 12
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach43
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1290
• Shiphtur691
• WagamamaTV332
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 18m
Replay Cast
3h 18m
OSC
16h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.