• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:37
CEST 02:37
KST 09:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8913 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 532

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 530 531 532 533 534 730 Next
exShikari
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia237 Posts
August 29 2011 06:54 GMT
#10621
On August 29 2011 15:25 Cambium wrote:
Nothing precludes you from discussing anything other than weightlifting.... weightlifting is a subset of fitness, so nothing wrong with talking about that either.

I don't mind it, I just think a dedicated forum would be better for it seeing as it interests so many people.
It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be, And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole, This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself. They're throwing bottles at your house. Come on, lets go break their arms.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
August 29 2011 07:00 GMT
#10622
On August 29 2011 15:54 exShikari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 15:25 Cambium wrote:
Nothing precludes you from discussing anything other than weightlifting.... weightlifting is a subset of fitness, so nothing wrong with talking about that either.

I don't mind it, I just think a dedicated forum would be better for it seeing as it interests so many people.

yea, i think most of us it, but it's going to take a long time to come
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
August 29 2011 08:39 GMT
#10623
On August 29 2011 08:59 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2011 23:39 Energies wrote:
lol, I could take steroids and workout 5 days a week I'd get fat drinking a gallon of milk a day. Damn my stoopid genetics.


this would happen to anybody. I don't believe genetics are a big part of the laws of energy conservation :p


Well look at you and your fancy logic.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 08:53:36
August 29 2011 08:51 GMT
#10624
Today, my scale finally decided to not reject me anymore (meaning I have lost enough weight that it agreed to weigh me for the first time. For the lulz, I measured my bodyfat, H2O% and musclemass. Here are the results (I know, those results are not even worth the display they are displayed on):

BF: 37,6%
H2O: 45,6%
MM: 34,1%
==> 117,3% Clearly a high quality product. Consulting the manual, the given guideline values also add up over 100% there, so probably I am missing something. But well, since those numbers are useless anyway, what do I care, I just found it funny.

Anyway with a working scale I can finally calculate my caloric needs accurately and don't have to play the guessing game anymore, which is a huge relief.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 13:05:57
August 29 2011 12:43 GMT
#10625
On August 29 2011 12:30 exShikari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2011 20:48 Malinor wrote:
On August 28 2011 18:05 exShikari wrote:
I am genuinely at a loss as to why this thread is called the Health & Fitness initiative. I would rename it the bulking up thread. There's more to fitness than the size of your muscles -.-


If you read the OP, you will find a lot about nutrition, gymnastics and miscellaneous stuff (sleeping etc.) in there also. This thread has mainly developed into a Weightlifting thread, which is a little bit unfortunate and the reason why we are trying to get a sub-forum, where we can split stuff up into running, lifting, gymnastics, whatever your heart desires basically.

edit: I was surprised there is nothing about injuries/injury-prevention in our OP, or maybe I am just blind...

Besides that, I feel that a lot of the stuff you have posted on the last page seems questionable or even flat out wrong to me (and I don't say that because I believe that lifting heavy weights is the only way to achieve health and fitness). ==> Cardio helping with Pull-Ups? Only in the sense that if you lose 5kg by doing cardio those Pull-Ups will get easier.

Cardio helps with everything man, everything. I did read the OP which was fine, but yeah this is definitely a weight-lifting thread not a fitness thread which is why I questioned it. Sub-forums would be a good idea.


How does cardio help with pullups?

Studies would be useful, preferably.

I can show how weight lifting helps with running. Can you do the opposite?
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 14:10:39
August 29 2011 13:52 GMT
#10626
Found straps in the gym.

Still waiting on the chalk.

Not sure if H&F member in my gym
or Lifting gods love me.
Frymeme.jpeg

Todays workout:
Rack Pulls
295 x 5-5-5

BO Rows
140 x 10-10-10

Incline DB Press
70 x 5-4-3 (+2 Reps)

Incline DB Flies
45 x 8-7-.5*

Suspended Leg Raises
+10 lbs x 10-10-10

Seated Calves
140 x 15-15-13
90 x 10
45 x 10 (right leg only)
----
All in all, a good workout despite only getting ~6 hours of sleep (woke up around 5 am, couldn't sleep so lifted :D). Was clearly the loudest person in my gym (Only so quietly can you lower a 295 rack pull back to the rack) at 8 in the morning, but eh whatever. Brightening up the day with some weight never hurt anybody.

The only problem is I think I may have begun to injure (as in, starting to if I don't do something about it) my left shoulder. First noticed it on the incline flies, where I accidently used 45 lb dumbbells instead of 40. That is why my last rep consisted of .5 (I noticed it on the second set for sure). A mixed blessing from the lifting gods, must be my form on that exercise (I always felt like my shoulders were worked a bit more than they should be on it)... After my nap I'm about to take, I'll probably be icing it.

Kinda pissed about this though, I don't want my process impeded.

Also, the backoff + right leg only sets on the seated calves is so to try and match my right calf with my left; as it is I look kind of funny with relatively large left (leg) calf muscles but small on the right. Bummer. I guess.

Edit: Study about protein + dairy intake for women, didn't read the whole thing just the abstract.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/141/9/1626.abstract
Victory Loves Preparation
Mithrandir
Profile Joined March 2011
United States99 Posts
August 29 2011 17:34 GMT
#10627
On August 29 2011 17:51 Malinor wrote:
Today, my scale finally decided to not reject me anymore (meaning I have lost enough weight that it agreed to weigh me for the first time. For the lulz, I measured my bodyfat, H2O% and musclemass. Here are the results (I know, those results are not even worth the display they are displayed on):

BF: 37,6%
H2O: 45,6%
MM: 34,1%
==> 117,3% Clearly a high quality product. Consulting the manual, the given guideline values also add up over 100% there, so probably I am missing something. But well, since those numbers are useless anyway, what do I care, I just found it funny.

Anyway with a working scale I can finally calculate my caloric needs accurately and don't have to play the guessing game anymore, which is a huge relief.


There is water in muscles...
Mithrandir
Profile Joined March 2011
United States99 Posts
August 29 2011 17:42 GMT
#10628
On August 29 2011 21:43 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 12:30 exShikari wrote:
On August 28 2011 20:48 Malinor wrote:
On August 28 2011 18:05 exShikari wrote:
I am genuinely at a loss as to why this thread is called the Health & Fitness initiative. I would rename it the bulking up thread. There's more to fitness than the size of your muscles -.-


If you read the OP, you will find a lot about nutrition, gymnastics and miscellaneous stuff (sleeping etc.) in there also. This thread has mainly developed into a Weightlifting thread, which is a little bit unfortunate and the reason why we are trying to get a sub-forum, where we can split stuff up into running, lifting, gymnastics, whatever your heart desires basically.

edit: I was surprised there is nothing about injuries/injury-prevention in our OP, or maybe I am just blind...

Besides that, I feel that a lot of the stuff you have posted on the last page seems questionable or even flat out wrong to me (and I don't say that because I believe that lifting heavy weights is the only way to achieve health and fitness). ==> Cardio helping with Pull-Ups? Only in the sense that if you lose 5kg by doing cardio those Pull-Ups will get easier.

Cardio helps with everything man, everything. I did read the OP which was fine, but yeah this is definitely a weight-lifting thread not a fitness thread which is why I questioned it. Sub-forums would be a good idea.


How does cardio help with pullups?

Studies would be useful, preferably.

I can show how weight lifting helps with running. Can you do the opposite?


Cardio helps with pullups by speeding recovery, if done right. 20 easy min 3x/week sorta deal.

Do I get a prize?

Now can you show me any world class runners who use weight training?
And please, endurance only. I think that's what the guy was referring to.
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 18:37:06
August 29 2011 18:36 GMT
#10629
On August 30 2011 02:42 Mithrandir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 21:43 eshlow wrote:
On August 29 2011 12:30 exShikari wrote:
On August 28 2011 20:48 Malinor wrote:
On August 28 2011 18:05 exShikari wrote:
I am genuinely at a loss as to why this thread is called the Health & Fitness initiative. I would rename it the bulking up thread. There's more to fitness than the size of your muscles -.-


If you read the OP, you will find a lot about nutrition, gymnastics and miscellaneous stuff (sleeping etc.) in there also. This thread has mainly developed into a Weightlifting thread, which is a little bit unfortunate and the reason why we are trying to get a sub-forum, where we can split stuff up into running, lifting, gymnastics, whatever your heart desires basically.

edit: I was surprised there is nothing about injuries/injury-prevention in our OP, or maybe I am just blind...

Besides that, I feel that a lot of the stuff you have posted on the last page seems questionable or even flat out wrong to me (and I don't say that because I believe that lifting heavy weights is the only way to achieve health and fitness). ==> Cardio helping with Pull-Ups? Only in the sense that if you lose 5kg by doing cardio those Pull-Ups will get easier.

Cardio helps with everything man, everything. I did read the OP which was fine, but yeah this is definitely a weight-lifting thread not a fitness thread which is why I questioned it. Sub-forums would be a good idea.


How does cardio help with pullups?

Studies would be useful, preferably.

I can show how weight lifting helps with running. Can you do the opposite?


Cardio helps with pullups by speeding recovery, if done right. 20 easy min 3x/week sorta deal.

Do I get a prize?

Now can you show me any world class runners who use weight training?
And please, endurance only. I think that's what the guy was referring to.


Top American marathoner Ryan Hall lifts weights. I believe all true elite distance runners do strength training of some kind. If it is not in the form of lifting weights it is in the form of doing plyometrics or drills of various kinds.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 18:48:22
August 29 2011 18:47 GMT
#10630
First day of official workout. Gonna do 5x5 until it becomes too much for me since the weights are much lighter than what I used to do.

Squat -- 115x5x5
Bench -- 85x5x5
Chin-ups -- BWx5-5-5-3

Squat was pretty easy but I didn't want to start too high.
I'm having trouble balancing on the bench for bench press.. I keep sliding to one side even at bar weight :/ I think it's because I keep trying to push my shoulders up
Turns out I don't have the endurance to do 5x5 on BW chin-ups. Will stick to 3x5 on this. Gonna get some 2.5 lbs plates before the next workout so I can start adding
Official Entusman #21
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 19:10:14
August 29 2011 18:57 GMT
#10631
On August 30 2011 02:42 Mithrandir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 21:43 eshlow wrote:
On August 29 2011 12:30 exShikari wrote:
On August 28 2011 20:48 Malinor wrote:
On August 28 2011 18:05 exShikari wrote:
I am genuinely at a loss as to why this thread is called the Health & Fitness initiative. I would rename it the bulking up thread. There's more to fitness than the size of your muscles -.-


If you read the OP, you will find a lot about nutrition, gymnastics and miscellaneous stuff (sleeping etc.) in there also. This thread has mainly developed into a Weightlifting thread, which is a little bit unfortunate and the reason why we are trying to get a sub-forum, where we can split stuff up into running, lifting, gymnastics, whatever your heart desires basically.

edit: I was surprised there is nothing about injuries/injury-prevention in our OP, or maybe I am just blind...

Besides that, I feel that a lot of the stuff you have posted on the last page seems questionable or even flat out wrong to me (and I don't say that because I believe that lifting heavy weights is the only way to achieve health and fitness). ==> Cardio helping with Pull-Ups? Only in the sense that if you lose 5kg by doing cardio those Pull-Ups will get easier.

Cardio helps with everything man, everything. I did read the OP which was fine, but yeah this is definitely a weight-lifting thread not a fitness thread which is why I questioned it. Sub-forums would be a good idea.


How does cardio help with pullups?

Studies would be useful, preferably.

I can show how weight lifting helps with running. Can you do the opposite?


Cardio helps with pullups by speeding recovery, if done right. 20 easy min 3x/week sorta deal.

Do I get a prize?

Now can you show me any world class runners who use weight training?
And please, endurance only. I think that's what the guy was referring to.


No, you don't get a prize because you haven't proven anything. Prove to me how the physiological adaptations obtained from cardio help to improve pullups.

I asked for studies of which I can provide for athletes in phases of endurance training the benefit of strength work:

Rowers:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21510717
Cyclists:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21362056
cross country skiing:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21081854
Runners:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20840561
etc.

Also, Hicham El Guerrouj's training program for example:
http://run-down.com/guests/mv_el_guerrouj.php

You see, I can find studies that prove that strength work supports cardiovascular adaptations. However, you will have lots of trouble reliably proving the opposite.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
August 29 2011 19:03 GMT
#10632
I am training to compete in a few triathlons next year and am currently putting together a lifting program. I would like some advice about progression, periodization, or anything else if anyone can help me out.

The main muscles I am trying to target are:
Upper - biceps, triceps, shoulders, upper back, pecs
Core and lower back
Lower - Quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves

The exercises I plan on lifting heavy on are bench, squat, and romanian deadlift
My body weight exercises are pull ups (normal and wide grip), chin ups, pushups, lunges
My core and lower back work is done with a medicine ball routine (hits some shoulder, upper back, and triceps as well)

The thing about triathlon training is it seems difficult to get a good schedule where you can swim, bike, run, and lift while making sure you can recover from everything you do. I don't want to do more than 3 days of strength training in a week and definitely not more than 2 days in a weight room. I only need the weight room for benching, squating, deadlifts, chin ups, and pull ups.

I also don't know much about periodization and progression. I have about a year to train and different stages with different goals to go through. If I want to lift heavy to build true strength do I need to start with higher reps for the first phase of lifting? When should I be doing my heaviest lifting and when should I begin to taper?

Thanks for any help that may be given.
Magicbox
Profile Joined June 2004
Denmark73 Posts
August 29 2011 19:33 GMT
#10633
On August 29 2011 02:22 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2011 18:39 Magicbox wrote:
Hi all!

I remember I used to post a little in one of the old H & F threads. I have been lifting on and off for some time, but I have decided I'm going to get huge. I'm starting a 3split routine tomorrow. My hope is that by posting in this thread I will stay motivated.

I will get some pictures taken asap, so I can see how my progress is.

I have some secondary goals as well.

First is being able to do a hundrede push-ups by the end of the semester. The whole class is training after each schoolday in order to reach the goal.

Second is getting some running shoes, so I can start running. I don't have any specific distances in mind, I'm just trying to improve my cardiovascular health.

Third is getting back into mountainbike hiking (in forest and such) again.

Fourth and last goal is to start rowing, so we can compete properly at our schools yearly competition (maritime school).

I'm 180 cm and weigh ~80 kg at present.


1. Hundred pushups can use that site which is already posted.

2. Running shoes -- get flats. Weight lifting improves cardiovascular health though too so I don't see why you HAVE to run but that's up to you.

3. Well yeah just go do it :p

4. What is the distance for the competition? When is it? That will depend on what type of training you need if you want to do well



1) yeah, will do

2) Thanks for the advice regarding shoes. I know it improves cardiovascular health, but not in a way where you can honestly say to yourself. Damn, I'm in good shape and I can do fast 5 klom run. My shape is at a point where weightlifting doesn't improve my cardiovascular form anymore.

3) will do as soon as I get a new mountainbike. The old one was stolen a few months ago

4) Iirc the distance is 1 kilometer ind the tourney is in 3 weeks time. We are 10 people rowing and 1 guy/gal being the 'boss' (I have no clue what it's called in English, but basically someone navigating/dealing orders). BUT since we are all first year students and none of us have tried rowing before, our ambition is only to participate. We are going to the local row club so we can start training a bit, so we can at least row synchron, but that's as far as it goes this season (season is almost over). Next season we can start training for real. But this season is only to participate for the lulz (and the girls :-D )
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 29 2011 19:39 GMT
#10634
Had my last sevens rugby tournament of the summer last weekend and it didn't go quite as well as the rest of the summer :-p Was playing with my college side instead of my usual summer team (basically an all star team) and we were missing our best player...ended up going 1-4 T_T losing two of those games in the ending play :-/ I played my fucking ass off putting up 6 scores but in the end we were out matched out conditioned and out experienced. Felt good about my play though, complete random guy from the bar came up to me and told me i played well so it was a bit of consolation. Time to get ready for the real rugby season now and beat some ass.

+ Show Spoiler [funny story regarding tournament but u…] +

Knew a girl that i havent seen in 4 years goes to the school the tournament was at so i was just like "sup mind if i crash with my rugby team on your floor?" to which she replied "me and my roommates would love it!"...i think she thought i was kidding until we all piled out of the van and came in. free stay + food + hooking up = awesome :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 19:46:19
August 29 2011 19:45 GMT
#10635
How Bad Do You Want It via reddit

By the way, can someone explain this inconsistency?

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-perform-the-pendlay-row-with-correct-technique/

"The big difference between Pendlay and Barbell Rows, is that the bar returns to the floor on each rep with Pendlay Rows, like with Deadlifts."

YET

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-master-barbell-row-technique/

"Here's how to do it: after studying Glenn Pendlay's description of this superior Barbell Row technique, Rowing myself like this for several years and teaching this Row technique to hundreds of guys, I've come up with the seven most important tips to master perfect Barbell Row technique. Here are the 7 tips...


1. Row Each Rep From The Floor."

I don't get it. This implies bent barbell row and pendlay row are the same thing. It's even the same author.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
August 29 2011 19:53 GMT
#10636
Well if i remember correctly that is not the only difference with the pendlay row, you also arch (hope thats the right word) your back at the end of the row, while with the usual row you just keep your back straight.
In theory you should be able to pull more weight pendlay style, its more explosive. But it's really really hard to do correctly, that's why hardly anyone does it.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
August 29 2011 19:53 GMT
#10637
On August 30 2011 02:34 Mithrandir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 17:51 Malinor wrote:
Today, my scale finally decided to not reject me anymore (meaning I have lost enough weight that it agreed to weigh me for the first time. For the lulz, I measured my bodyfat, H2O% and musclemass. Here are the results (I know, those results are not even worth the display they are displayed on):

BF: 37,6%
H2O: 45,6%
MM: 34,1%
==> 117,3% Clearly a high quality product. Consulting the manual, the given guideline values also add up over 100% there, so probably I am missing something. But well, since those numbers are useless anyway, what do I care, I just found it funny.

Anyway with a working scale I can finally calculate my caloric needs accurately and don't have to play the guessing game anymore, which is a huge relief.


There is water in muscles...

Yeah, that is the obvious solution I didn't think of , adding up to 100% wouldn't leave much space for organs and bones and stuff anyway (but please don't tell me there is water in them also) Such a boring explanation though
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
August 29 2011 19:55 GMT
#10638
Yeah, I guess. Anyway, because of that article I decided not to do Yates rows today, it's criticizing them quite hard. Maybe they're good for traps though?
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
August 29 2011 20:11 GMT
#10639
http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/pro-training/dorian-yates-dy-nutrition/2723-road-to-the-arnold-kai-greene-trains-back-with-dorian-yates-part-two.html
Can't really say when it starts, but here dorian yates teaches bent over row, thats how i do them.

Not quite parallel to the floor, overhand grip.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
joeendzel
Profile Joined April 2011
United States12 Posts
August 29 2011 20:20 GMT
#10640
This thread is amazing! The first post is a fitness goldmine. I'm a NASM CPT and competitive gamer and its really inspiring to see so much interest in fitness coming from a hardcore gaming community.
Prev 1 530 531 532 533 534 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.