• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7858 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1791

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1885 Next
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-14 03:14:46
November 14 2017 03:14 GMT
#35801
I had a ton of fun with MKX so Injustice is appealing for that reason(plus the roster), but DBZ looks soooooo fun. The people I tend to have over probably associate more with the MvC or Injustice rosters though and they're definitely more on the casual side of gaming so they'd probably appreciate one of those.

Maybe I get 2/3, get DBZ on PC to play with peeps on here.

I could also just keep playing MKX, it's still fun.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 14 2017 03:17 GMT
#35802
I originally bought SG because of the visuals and the music. I had no clue about the gameplay, but in hindsight it was absolutely the right choice as my first major FG.

Visually, DBFZ knocks it put of the park for me, and while MVCI is probably closest in terms of gameplay to what I know, it looks like garbage. Injustice looks great but in a MK/KI kinda way and I was never really into those heavily.

I wonder about the gameplay of DBFZ honestly after the truly unique animations /fighting styles of SG. It all seems kinda same-y. Charge at dudes, air combos all look pretty similar, fireballs, etc.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-14 03:21:46
November 14 2017 03:20 GMT
#35803
I personally really like Rivals of Aether. You guys should play that, it's really fun even if indie pixel style. Then I'd have non-randoms to play with. >.>

I probably should stream it but I'm extra really bad right now because I'm trying to learn a different controller to see if it is less stress on my hand.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 14 2017 04:18 GMT
#35804
What happened to China? The VOD just ends!
170
Profile Joined November 2017
5 Posts
November 14 2017 11:14 GMT
#35805
On November 14 2017 03:51 Alaric wrote:
SmashGizmo doesn't work as Riot anymore, forgot where though.
I had him in my followed streams for a long time (was my first one) and I don't think he ever streamed again after he joined Riot, or at least not on that one.

oh my god,smashgizmo thats fucking right,thank you :D
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
November 14 2017 13:49 GMT
#35806
On November 14 2017 12:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
I originally bought SG because of the visuals and the music

Ya says the guys who starts by playing a femme fatale who literally drops everything to get into her fighting form.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 14 2017 15:48 GMT
#35807
Will also be getting dbzf on PC. Let's do some matches like SG.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
November 14 2017 22:57 GMT
#35808
https://www.speedrun.com/destiny2/full_game#Duo

Subtle brag, but I got two world records over the weekend. It's a pretty fun speedrun too
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 15 2017 00:40 GMT
#35809
On November 15 2017 07:57 Cixah wrote:
https://www.speedrun.com/destiny2/full_game#Duo

Subtle brag, but I got two world records over the weekend. It's a pretty fun speedrun too

Let's see how that works out when other people try it.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
November 15 2017 02:05 GMT
#35810
He's probably in the clear, no one else has a friend who is willing to sit down for 4 hours to finish that stuff.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
November 15 2017 14:15 GMT
#35811
Happy GIS Day Everybody!
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
November 15 2017 14:27 GMT
#35812
I think I honestly need to take a GIS class.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 15 2017 14:33 GMT
#35813
I need someone to tell me what GIS is
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-15 14:37:12
November 15 2017 14:36 GMT
#35814
Geographic Information Systems. In my field at least it's a tool for mapping your data and correlating it to the landscape. It's used in a ton of environmental projects/research.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-15 14:45:41
November 15 2017 14:37 GMT
#35815
On November 15 2017 23:27 phyvo wrote:
I think I honestly need to take a GIS class.


Esri has some free stuff on their site. I really like the stuff on Coursera (although they're a bit more of a commitment for a few weeks). These are a couple of the ones I've taken:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/geospatial
https://www.coursera.org/learn/gis-data

There are definitely GIS applications to birding.

If you want to just get in and fiddle with stuff, QGIS is a really good open source product with most of the functionality that ArcGIS carries. It's a pretty deep subject, so don't be surprised when (not if) you hit walls just trying to do stuff yourself. I'm still very new to it, but I'm definitely willing to help out where I can if you need it.

On November 15 2017 23:33 Scip wrote:
I need someone to tell me what GIS is


I'm in the process of figuring out how to educate colleagues/customers on it. It's really a system mashing geography and data for spatial analysis. More than just tabular data - proximity, environment, etc all play a huge part in how the data gets analyzed and interpreted. My biggest problem right now is that it's a much larger subject or endeavor than I think people realize.

I would love to show some of the stuff I've done, but most of it is proprietary info. For personal stuff though, I started building Carnora (main continent of Iris) in QGIS:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 15 2017 16:17 GMT
#35816
On November 15 2017 23:37 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2017 23:27 phyvo wrote:
I think I honestly need to take a GIS class.


Esri has some free stuff on their site. I really like the stuff on Coursera (although they're a bit more of a commitment for a few weeks). These are a couple of the ones I've taken:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/geospatial
https://www.coursera.org/learn/gis-data

There are definitely GIS applications to birding.

If you want to just get in and fiddle with stuff, QGIS is a really good open source product with most of the functionality that ArcGIS carries. It's a pretty deep subject, so don't be surprised when (not if) you hit walls just trying to do stuff yourself. I'm still very new to it, but I'm definitely willing to help out where I can if you need it.

Show nested quote +
On November 15 2017 23:33 Scip wrote:
I need someone to tell me what GIS is


I'm in the process of figuring out how to educate colleagues/customers on it. It's really a system mashing geography and data for spatial analysis. More than just tabular data - proximity, environment, etc all play a huge part in how the data gets analyzed and interpreted. My biggest problem right now is that it's a much larger subject or endeavor than I think people realize.

I would love to show some of the stuff I've done, but most of it is proprietary info. For personal stuff though, I started building Carnora (main continent of Iris) in QGIS:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



[image loading]


In other news, what the hell are all these other nerds up in arms about with EA and SW: battlefront? Did people all of a sudden realize what gaming companies have been doing for years already?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 15 2017 16:22 GMT
#35817
On November 16 2017 01:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2017 23:37 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On November 15 2017 23:27 phyvo wrote:
I think I honestly need to take a GIS class.


Esri has some free stuff on their site. I really like the stuff on Coursera (although they're a bit more of a commitment for a few weeks). These are a couple of the ones I've taken:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/geospatial
https://www.coursera.org/learn/gis-data

There are definitely GIS applications to birding.

If you want to just get in and fiddle with stuff, QGIS is a really good open source product with most of the functionality that ArcGIS carries. It's a pretty deep subject, so don't be surprised when (not if) you hit walls just trying to do stuff yourself. I'm still very new to it, but I'm definitely willing to help out where I can if you need it.

On November 15 2017 23:33 Scip wrote:
I need someone to tell me what GIS is


I'm in the process of figuring out how to educate colleagues/customers on it. It's really a system mashing geography and data for spatial analysis. More than just tabular data - proximity, environment, etc all play a huge part in how the data gets analyzed and interpreted. My biggest problem right now is that it's a much larger subject or endeavor than I think people realize.

I would love to show some of the stuff I've done, but most of it is proprietary info. For personal stuff though, I started building Carnora (main continent of Iris) in QGIS:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




In other news, what the hell are all these other nerds up in arms about with EA and SW: battlefront? Did people all of a sudden realize what gaming companies have been doing for years already?

I can't really think of a game in recent memory that was full price and also had lootbox/currency locked gameplay options. Either they're F2P with lootboxes/currency (LoL, HS) or full price with only cosmetics in microtransactions (OW).
It's your boy Guzma!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 15 2017 16:40 GMT
#35818
Apparently there's also a time limit between how many tokens you can get in a set period :D That may be fake news though.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 15 2017 16:50 GMT
#35819
The nerds are mad because they spent $80 on a game only to discover:
  • Unlike its predecessor, heroes aren't available until you spend a ridiculous amount of in-game currency to unlock them.
  • That same currency is used for the game's loot crates, pressuring players to spend real money on loot crates so they can save their in-game currency for heroes.
  • The gameplay impact of said loot crates is huge. Imagine if buying a champion in LoL or card in Hearthstone multiple times made it significantly stronger.

EA has since reduced the cost of heroes by 75%, but the systemic issues are still present. I'm glad I haven't given EA money in the past decade.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-15 16:59:01
November 15 2017 16:56 GMT
#35820
I don't get it. The new battlefront reboot was a huge disappointment. Yet people still go spend $80 on the game knowing full well it's from EA and what they do. I'm sorry but the only reason we in this mess in the first place is because people willingly fork over huge amounts of money to these people. Hard to really care about their whining when they pay for the games anyway.

It's like all those HS whales talking about how they at the final staw and about to quit after spending 100s of dollars on the game. Now it's just too expensive for them! They don't realize the game is so expensive because of people like them in the first place.
On November 16 2017 01:22 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2017 01:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
On November 15 2017 23:37 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On November 15 2017 23:27 phyvo wrote:
I think I honestly need to take a GIS class.


Esri has some free stuff on their site. I really like the stuff on Coursera (although they're a bit more of a commitment for a few weeks). These are a couple of the ones I've taken:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/geospatial
https://www.coursera.org/learn/gis-data

There are definitely GIS applications to birding.

If you want to just get in and fiddle with stuff, QGIS is a really good open source product with most of the functionality that ArcGIS carries. It's a pretty deep subject, so don't be surprised when (not if) you hit walls just trying to do stuff yourself. I'm still very new to it, but I'm definitely willing to help out where I can if you need it.

On November 15 2017 23:33 Scip wrote:
I need someone to tell me what GIS is


I'm in the process of figuring out how to educate colleagues/customers on it. It's really a system mashing geography and data for spatial analysis. More than just tabular data - proximity, environment, etc all play a huge part in how the data gets analyzed and interpreted. My biggest problem right now is that it's a much larger subject or endeavor than I think people realize.

I would love to show some of the stuff I've done, but most of it is proprietary info. For personal stuff though, I started building Carnora (main continent of Iris) in QGIS:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




In other news, what the hell are all these other nerds up in arms about with EA and SW: battlefront? Did people all of a sudden realize what gaming companies have been doing for years already?

I can't really think of a game in recent memory that was full price and also had lootbox/currency locked gameplay options. Either they're F2P with lootboxes/currency (LoL, HS) or full price with only cosmetics in microtransactions (OW).

That evolve game? I remember huge uproar about it since it was barely a game then had tons of dlc.
Prev 1 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft423
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft423
RuFF_SC2 133
Nina 84
-ZergGirl 70
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2346
Bale 12
yabsab 9
Terrorterran 4
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto12
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1175
taco 366
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox630
Other Games
summit1g8258
JimRising 732
Day[9].tv494
C9.Mang0411
WinterStarcraft197
ViBE169
Maynarde138
Sick136
Livibee134
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1052
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 16
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv494
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 14m
Stellar Fest
10h 14m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.