• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:55
CEST 06:55
KST 13:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6175 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1785

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1885 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 07 2017 17:27 GMT
#35681
I feel like an ER doctor today.
Look up hyphema and neovascular glaucoma. Eye pressures 3x normal.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-07 18:10:43
November 07 2017 18:09 GMT
#35682
Yay for Horizon DLC/Expo.

On November 08 2017 01:41 Requizen wrote:
The worst part about Daylight Savings is that my dog doesn't understand it so he's barking right outside my bedroom at 5:20 in the morning because he has to pee and I just want to sleep. Adorable bastard.

I had the same issue with my little guy's dinner Sunday. I swear I could set a watch to when he wants to eat.

On November 08 2017 02:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
I feel like an ER doctor today.
Look up hyphema and neovascular glaucoma. Eye pressures 3x normal.

No thanks, I'm already scared enough by what could possibly be wrong with my eyes.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 07 2017 19:20 GMT
#35683
Yeah, I just moved my alarm up an hour, the kids don't get it.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-07 21:15:26
November 07 2017 21:14 GMT
#35684
On November 08 2017 02:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
I feel like an ER doctor today.
Look up hyphema and neovascular glaucoma. Eye pressures 3x normal.


I like to think that somehow your upcoming tabletop project will be inspired by all your eye doctor experiences.

"You are wandering the bordermarches when you stumble upon a lich and a man in a clearing. The lich zaps the man's eyes with eldritch energy and vanishes, the clearing echoing with its laughter. Despite the darkness with your dwarven eyes you can see that the man now has neovascular glaucoma. Are you a bad enough dude to carry him back to Witch Doctor Elrond, M.D. before his eyes explode out of his face?"
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
November 07 2017 21:22 GMT
#35685
If Dr. John Shadow isn't a major NPC, I will be sincerely disappointed.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 07 2017 21:39 GMT
#35686
Fuck today has been crazy stressful.
Im dealing with the most complicated case I've ever had to deal with right now

Anyone know an ophthalmologist I could ask a couple of questions?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
November 07 2017 21:43 GMT
#35687
On November 08 2017 06:14 phyvo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2017 02:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
I feel like an ER doctor today.
Look up hyphema and neovascular glaucoma. Eye pressures 3x normal.


I like to think that somehow your upcoming tabletop project will be inspired by all your eye doctor experiences.

"You are wandering the bordermarches when you stumble upon a lich and a man in a clearing. The lich zaps the man's eyes with eldritch energy and vanishes, the clearing echoing with its laughter. Despite the darkness with your dwarven eyes you can see that the man now has neovascular glaucoma. Are you a bad enough dude to carry him back to Witch Doctor Elrond, M.D. before his eyes explode out of his face?"


At least in D&D the question is just a matter of CON score and whether or not Dr. Elrond can cast Greater Restoration and/or Resurrection if shit gets serious.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 07 2017 22:58 GMT
#35688
Shouldn't even need Greater Restoration. Lesser Restoration can end nonmagical diseases. Though restoring missing body parts requires Regenerate.
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 08 2017 04:42 GMT
#35689
Alaric this one is for you.

Waited around an hour after work to draft at the store near my work for the first time.
Nice enough crowd.
Draft UB pirates, solid curve, removal, 4x the 1/2 explore flier, Cutlass, it was nice. Open up shit rares as per usual like the damn bloodthirsty flash vampire for the 4th time but whatever.

Guy right next to me opens a hostage taker and obviously grabs it even though it's literally made for my deck. I can't blame him obviously. Whatever.

I lost game 1 (and then was eliminated immediately) to the most disgusting start I have experienced in the format thus far. On the play:

Turn 2 Fathom Fleet Firebrand.
Turn 3 Lannery Storm, swing for 4 , make a treasure, play Rigging Runner with a +1/+1 counter.
Turn 4 Firecannon Blast my 3 drop, gg.

Probably should have been saltier maybe but my day was too stressful for that. I sucked it up, said gg and left.
I'll go back tomorrow for Standard Showdown where they give out packs like candy apparently but UGH.


BONUS EYE RELATED GROSSNESS:

At one point there was this story going around about a model losing vision because she did THIS to herself:
http://time.com/4962899/sclera-tattoo-eye-dangers/

Which is one of the single fucking stupidest things I have ever seen, but I've never seen it in person to do/say anything, until tonight.

Dude walks into the store about to draft with fucking green sclera. I wanted to slap this guy. He didn't stick around but before I left when people were asking what I do an I told them, I said (because apparently the guy is a semi-regular): 'Tell that guy with the green eyeballs he's going to fucking lose his eyes.'

Just...unbelievable.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
November 08 2017 13:51 GMT
#35690
Colored contacts are too easy/safe of a solution Wave, get with the times.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-08 14:54:28
November 08 2017 14:53 GMT
#35691
I'm not even gonna click the links, they're probably not that much but eye-related stuff weirds me out.
And people should be too weirded out at the thought to inflict any shit to theirs too.

Not a fan of single elim since you draft and you feel good but... nope, you only play one round with the sweet deck. Dang. I understand that when you guys start even later than us it's hard to stay till the end tho. One of our regulars, studying to be a teacher had to move a couple hours away for his final year "internship", but people at the store decided they'd surprise him by showing up unannounced at his new store.
They left as soon as they got out of work the friday, drove one hour and a half, got there for the time they were given by the store, who actually weren't ready, and waited for people, and the whole thing started at 9:30 PM. With draft, 3 rounds, a bit of chit-chat then the drive back. Picture them pretty dead tired and annoyed at the store's vagueness.

Last saturday we only had 2 people for showdown, I guess holidays didn't help. The other guy didn't feel like paying and would rather play some matches for fun (store said they'd do it + prizes if we wanted to, so I asked him since promo land and all but didn't want to make him if he didn't want to) until he learnt that we'd get normal packs on top and more prizes to the winner, competitive itch and all that.
He's from another town and explained after the games that showdown is free for them, hence why paying seemed weird. On the other hand they have 0 prize support. Here, assuming we've got at least 6 people (otherwise we do some bastardized thing, 4 is round robin so we play more for example) it's 0-1 wins get 1 booster, 2 wins get 2, 3+ get 3, 1 more for first place, then starting from first everyone gets a showdown pack while supply lasts, the final one going to a new guy or a fun/interesting brew amongst the last places, to encourage it.
They do free showdown, 0 prize support, first place gets 3 showdown packs, second place gets 2, third place gets 1 and the rest has nothing. I get that being free means students or other people a bit short on cash can more easily come in each weak but the way they distribute packs looks so poor, like it's saying "spike it up guys!"

They also seemed to each have a bunch of Fatal Push promos, from the way they talked about it "it's fine I've got a bunch of them." He didn't want to say it at first but apparently the store saved part of the promos for regulars and straight up gave them. In comparison ours only did its allocated 10 promos per week, and while they actually have some leftovers, they didn't touch them until september passed as asked by wizards, and now throw them into prize support (EDH or Modern tourneys: bunch of packs and leftovers promos from various sets, people pick a choice of pack(s) + promo from first to last).

I like the way they do it here more, the support is flatter so it's more welcoming and you're sure to get home with something no matter how janky or "intro deck + rares I had" your deck is.


Also put it in the skype chat but it's beautiful so doesn't matter (and it isn't important if you don't understand it since she originally singed it in spanish anyway and this one sounds better).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 08 2017 19:37 GMT
#35692
Logitech is intentionally bricking its Harmony Link devices next year..

Note to self: Don't buy Logitech anything.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
November 09 2017 02:01 GMT
#35693
So I'm finally building my long overdue new PC, and despite the loot box drama I'm still almost certainly going to be picking up Battlefront 2 to pewpew around in, and I bring this up because I think I may stream it(and maybe if I get back into OW a bit) if that's something anyone would be interested in.

I'm sure my FPS skills will need some dusting off at first because I haven't played any since we were OWing a lot at launch/rank release but hopefully they come back quick-ish.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
November 09 2017 04:37 GMT
#35694
I'd play OW with you buddeh cause I'm a filthy casual.

Speaking of casual, won my second Standard Showdown tonight, haven't lost a match yet with Ramunap.
+ Show Spoiler +
I would say that I feel dirty/it was easy/no skill etc, but there are actually a lot of decisions that have to go into playing that deck and the wins feel earned. Wider variety of decks tonight too:
Holding up Abrade turn 4 instead of slamming Hazoret vs UW GPG causes insta-scoop when he tries to Refurbish.
The only game I lost was one where I could have one, but I made a call---attacked with Ferocidon in order to force him to trade his Angel and servo token and clear his board making way for lethal on the next turn. He topdecked a GPG and got his Angel back and healed up leaving me basically dead. Might have been greedy when I could have stopped his ability to heal by keeping Ferocidon alive but I think I still made the right call---you don't want to stall or wait for them to draw Fumigate/removal for it either.


Too bad I keep opening garbage.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
November 09 2017 16:36 GMT
#35695
Wave stop playing Magic and do one-shot things D:
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
November 09 2017 16:50 GMT
#35696
Sunaj play more magic.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
November 09 2017 18:42 GMT
#35697
This guy in my shadowrun group is obsessed with playing a sniper on every single campaign we play...

Look, I get that it's a cool fantasy but Holy shit does it make for shit gameplay. Like either sniper man is able to auto win for the mission by himself for the whole party with one dice roll or he can't contribute anything. Lol. Its silly.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 09 2017 19:13 GMT
#35698
On November 10 2017 03:42 iCanada wrote:
This guy in my shadowrun group is obsessed with playing a sniper on every single campaign we play...

Look, I get that it's a cool fantasy but Holy shit does it make for shit gameplay. Like either sniper man is able to auto win for the mission by himself for the whole party with one dice roll or he can't contribute anything. Lol. Its silly.

Let him do his thing and just continually make it difficult for him. If he really likes it, he'll enjoy the challenge, if he gets pissed, just tell him to change.

Or subtly drop hints like "dude check out this other class" and then list all the sweet things they can do.
It's your boy Guzma!
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-09 19:23:45
November 09 2017 19:20 GMT
#35699
On November 10 2017 03:42 iCanada wrote:
This guy in my shadowrun group is obsessed with playing a sniper on every single campaign we play...

Look, I get that it's a cool fantasy but Holy shit does it make for shit gameplay. Like either sniper man is able to auto win for the mission by himself for the whole party with one dice roll or he can't contribute anything. Lol. Its silly.


I mean you shouldnt be making one trick characters in RPGs especially shadowrun, even if in movies you have "the sniper guy" who is off screen for most of the film and makes the big shot at the end.

Snipers should be good at other support stuff in shadowrun, like Stealth/security or even being a Decker who hacks into security systems for missions where sniping is useless.

it's like making a shaman who can only do stuff in astral form. if you are dealing with like a corpsec with guns and no mages or anything that character is just useless.
gotta nudge the player in the direction where they can contribute without warping the game around them.

"what if your gun gets jammed, what if there isnt a vantage point, what if we need to escape quickly" have them thinka bout that during creation. shadowrun is easy to have the characters be able to do one thing really well and a couple other things professionally, right out of creation, unlike other games (like DnD).

Like a sniper needs to be able to infiltrate to vantage points and defend themselves without messing up their shot on the main action. so hand to hand combat skills, stealth security skills, and that jam makes them both an effective sniper, and a good "inside man" for those types of runs.
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-09 19:29:37
November 09 2017 19:28 GMT
#35700
But I thought the goal was to max your stats and skills so that you'd never miss a sniper shot!!! If I miss a sniper shot then I will be embarassed terrible sniper and can't look like I am pro!!!!!!

All joking aside when I dive into complex character creation in tabletop games I often have a hard time figuring out how to balance generalist vs min-max and I usually end mostly min-maxed unless someone points out what i'm doing. Part of it is probably too much reading and not enough playing.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Prev 1 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft396
RuFF_SC2 181
Nina 99
-ZergGirl 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2063
sorry 36
Bale 27
910 17
yabsab 16
Icarus 9
NotJumperer 4
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 677
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1134
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox761
Other Games
summit1g7864
WinterStarcraft336
C9.Mang0266
Livibee160
Sick134
Maynarde130
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream199
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2264
League of Legends
• Stunt410
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 5m
Stellar Fest
8h 5m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.