• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8840 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1784

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1885 Next
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-05 03:01:46
November 04 2017 22:25 GMT
#35661
I think my new rule for league games is if nobody is dead by 10 minutes, it sucks.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
November 05 2017 04:21 GMT
#35662
People wailing on each other with full armor is pretty cool.

"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
November 05 2017 09:33 GMT
#35663
+ Show Spoiler +
Samsung played really passively and skt played like shit, perfect combination for really uneventful games
lol
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
November 06 2017 04:34 GMT
#35664
On November 05 2017 18:33 killerdog wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Samsung played really passively and skt played like shit, perfect combination for really uneventful games
lol

+ Show Spoiler +
SKT did the thing they do every worlds, and they just play basic shit in groups to learn the best meta, an then try to outdo everyone in that meta in brackets.

only the strategy they picked up on, from misfits, relies heavily on everyone but mid lane, which is a big mismatch for skt. especially in a bot lane centric worlds.


But yeah that finals was real bad.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-06 05:02:21
November 06 2017 05:01 GMT
#35665
On November 06 2017 13:34 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2017 18:33 killerdog wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Samsung played really passively and skt played like shit, perfect combination for really uneventful games
lol

+ Show Spoiler +
SKT did the thing they do every worlds, and they just play basic shit in groups to learn the best meta, an then try to outdo everyone in that meta in brackets.

only the strategy they picked up on, from misfits, relies heavily on everyone but mid lane, which is a big mismatch for skt. especially in a bot lane centric worlds.


But yeah that finals was real bad.

+ Show Spoiler +
It's more an issue of mid not having as high an impact on the early game this meta. Between that, Huni being hit or miss due to playstyle, and their bot lane struggling it was just their time to lose. RNG made a colossal mistake of giving Faker Galio 5x, because in this meta Faker has to be a fireman for the team - and it still took 5 games.

Put plainly, Faker was the only well performing player on SKT at Worlds, give or take junglers - something I'd have to rewatch the games to discern.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 06 2017 15:24 GMT
#35666
So I think I'm 90% sure I'm gonna quit this job come the new year.

I love pretty much everything about this job. The people I work with, the projects I work on, the benefits, the technology, it's all just great. Best company I've worked for. But the commute is killing me. Leave before 7am, get back around 7pm. ~3-4 hours of commute per day is just... not good.

Yeah it's not really "hard" because I'm on the train and therefore I can read or watch Netflix or play DS or whatever, but that's time away from my family. When I was single and making the commute (worked in the city for a stint a few years back), I didn't care what time I got home or what my schedule was like because there was no one I was beholden to but myself. But now, I leave before the wife gets up, and we get a couple hours together before we get ready for bed. I barely get to help take care of our new dog for the same reasons, making her shoulder most of the responsibility.

So I basically stopped doing hobby stuff during the week because the little time I get before bed is spent with my wife and pup instead of by myself, since it sucks trying to split it. And I miss playing games or painting models after a day of work.

This decision just... it sucks. If this job was any distance closer, it would be fine. But I can't commit this much time just getting to a job and neglecting the rest of my life. I hate leaving since I really would like to build a career here and I don't think I'll find a job as good as this one again, but I don't derive the happiness in my life from a job. I get it from my family and personal life. While I want those 40 hours per week to be good, I just can't see myself letting them chip away at the rest of it.

Ugh. Unhappy either way.
It's your boy Guzma!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
November 06 2017 16:58 GMT
#35667
There will be other good jobs but there won't be a way to get back the hours you lose with quality time both together with your partner and alone on hobbies.
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
November 06 2017 21:27 GMT
#35668
On November 05 2017 13:21 phyvo wrote:
People wailing on each other with full armor is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkDDBL7jNew



there was a documentary I saw when a guy described and showed actual viking combat. it was incredibly underwhelming basically you just hid behind your shield and tried to hit the other guy with it.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 06 2017 21:59 GMT
#35669
On November 07 2017 06:27 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2017 13:21 phyvo wrote:
People wailing on each other with full armor is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkDDBL7jNew



there was a documentary I saw when a guy described and showed actual viking combat. it was incredibly underwhelming basically you just hid behind your shield and tried to hit the other guy with it.

You and I have a very different ideas of what underwhelming is
bossheld shield duels are some of the most exciting you'll find I think, and technique and precision heavy.
It's like saying boxing is underwhelming, it's just about hitting the other guy in the head and avoiding hits yourself.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
November 06 2017 22:24 GMT
#35670
Thats correct, boxing is the most boring shit imaginable.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
November 06 2017 22:37 GMT
#35671
In Thailand I went to a professional Muay Thai match.

Shit was so boring I almost walked out.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 06 2017 22:45 GMT
#35672
On November 07 2017 07:24 AlterKot wrote:
Thats correct, boxing is the most boring shit imaginable.

In a world where Tennis exists...
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
November 06 2017 23:03 GMT
#35673
Martial arts in general are really boring to watch. if I wanted to watch two people pummel each other i'd go back to high school or watch WWE where its actually entertaining.

I respect the sport, and i understand the bettor angle. but damn if its not a waste of time to watch.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 06 2017 23:07 GMT
#35674
Sports with very high levels of technical skills can be boring to watch, especially by a casual viewer who doesn't understand the nuances of said sport.

Fwiw, I enjoy watching tennis but don't find golf, baseball, boxing exciting.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 06 2017 23:54 GMT
#35675
Monday and whatever...

I blame Boxbox for getting this stuck in my head.


aaaand this one is just super awesome.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
November 07 2017 00:03 GMT
#35676
oh the good old degenerate nightcore
my favourite genre of music
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-07 00:16:13
November 07 2017 00:16 GMT
#35677
On November 07 2017 00:24 Requizen wrote:
So I think I'm 90% sure I'm gonna quit this job come the new year.


Couldn't you just move if you were slightly more patient? Or did you buy a house?
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 07 2017 00:24 GMT
#35678
On November 07 2017 09:16 zer0das wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2017 00:24 Requizen wrote:
So I think I'm 90% sure I'm gonna quit this job come the new year.


Couldn't you just move if you were slightly more patient? Or did you buy a house?

Just bought a house, and also I have no desire to move to the city or even much closer than I am now. Plus we moved so the wife would be closer to her job.

It just is what it is.
It's your boy Guzma!
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
November 07 2017 00:32 GMT
#35679
On November 07 2017 09:24 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2017 09:16 zer0das wrote:
On November 07 2017 00:24 Requizen wrote:
So I think I'm 90% sure I'm gonna quit this job come the new year.


Couldn't you just move if you were slightly more patient? Or did you buy a house?

Just bought a house, and also I have no desire to move to the city or even much closer than I am now. Plus we moved so the wife would be closer to her job.

It just is what it is.


Ah that sucks. Well no more smoker coworker? xD
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
November 07 2017 16:41 GMT
#35680
The worst part about Daylight Savings is that my dog doesn't understand it so he's barking right outside my bedroom at 5:20 in the morning because he has to pee and I just want to sleep. Adorable bastard.
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech116
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 378
Hyuk 290
Leta 123
Shinee 110
ZerO 90
actioN 77
soO 57
Mong 56
EffOrt 52
Zeus 50
[ Show more ]
Killer 45
Mind 44
ToSsGirL 34
sorry 30
Aegong 25
PianO 23
Bale 23
HiyA 17
ZergMaN 13
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Terrorterran 2
Soma 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe105
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss480
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King181
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1682
Other Games
gofns9087
summit1g8026
olofmeister1325
singsing1059
ceh9589
Happy339
crisheroes290
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS89
DeMusliM18
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick516
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH210
• LUISG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Jankos1615
• Rush1383
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
56m
OSC
3h 56m
Stellar Fest
3h 56m
OSC
14h 56m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.