• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:11
CEST 23:11
KST 06:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8804 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5099

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5162 Next
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 08:27:51
May 29 2015 08:25 GMT
#101961
On May 29 2015 09:13 jcarlsoniv wrote:
first attempts at frying a string of peppers

I have two more strings, and this went surprisingly well - only overcooked a few and now my apartment smells amazing

+ Show Spoiler +

Have to keep them in paper bags so they don't get all mushy

[image loading]

Peppers gutted, fill a small pan with oil (about 1.5 cups) and let it heat to medium heat.

[image loading]

I couldn't get a picture while cooking because you literally have them in the pan for ~1-1.5 seconds, flip, drain oil to make sure it doesn't pool inside. Once cooked, lightly salt, and snack!
[image loading]



Few questions if I may as I'm looking for a kind of snack I can make myself and feel comfy having a few while I space trucker.

Are these peppers hot done like this? If so, how hot?
Do you have a cooler alternative recipe if they are hot?
Also an exact recipe would be awesome.
Those look fucking delicious 9-9
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
May 29 2015 08:36 GMT
#101962
On a completely unrelated tangent, + Show Spoiler [vasili pls] +
[image loading]
. You're in that odd space of where I'm not sure if I'm attracted to you or want to be you, or both.

<_>
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
May 29 2015 09:43 GMT
#101963
A little bit of both I'm guessing. It's hard work getting a good looking body
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 09:51:10
May 29 2015 09:46 GMT
#101964
It's harder to adapt to a suitable diet though.

MoonBear you have weird tastes in best girls.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
May 29 2015 10:00 GMT
#101965
Moonbear likes Autism-chan over Nanami. He's a weird one but still fluffy!
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
May 29 2015 10:07 GMT
#101966
On May 29 2015 17:36 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On a completely unrelated tangent, + Show Spoiler [vasili pls] +
[image loading]
. You're in that odd space of where I'm not sure if I'm attracted to you or want to be you, or both.

<_>



+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I'll be honest that's pretty hot. Dude has a body that'd make anyone envious. Had me like woah and such.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
May 29 2015 10:25 GMT
#101967
On May 29 2015 12:28 TheHumanSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2015 00:50 AlterKot wrote:
On May 27 2015 00:28 TheHumanSensation wrote:
On May 26 2015 20:16 AlterKot wrote:
On May 26 2015 13:01 TheHumanSensation wrote:
YES

It's so consistently perfect in it's mix of excellent and excellent by means of being awful. The WWE network (which you can use paypal to get the american version of (it has all the videos and such) is honestly so good that I didn't even mind it renewing my subscription automatically (bought it for a day to watch Wrestlemania because 9.99 is less than ordering the pay per view through cable).

Currently reliving the JBL championship reign from my childhood.

I mean it has boatloads of things I hate (hypermasculinity / cisheteropatriarchy / sexism / racism / white supremacy / AMERICA FUCK YEAH / believe it or not old cena was worse / etc) but it manages to be my de-stressor despite all of those things.

If you ever want to talk WWE/F I'll be around.

Well I only got into it very recently, like half a year ago or something - started with watching random matches on YT, then went to a house show and after that been up-to-date with Raw and Smackdown. But recently I started liking Lucha Underground and NXT much more than the main WWE programming, so I'll probably only watch clips of Raw/Smackdown and stick to LU+NXT+PPVs.

But I had to sit until 5 AM yesterday anyway and I'm not gonna lie, watching that Rusev/Lana promo live was worth it.


I caught the recent NXT ppv and it was really good. Their women's division blows WWE's out of the water (although WWE's has gotten significantly better than it was ~10 years ago) and the rest of it was pretty solid too. Haven't checked out LU yet but if that's a recommendation I'll follow-up on it! Currently looking into figuring out how to access some of the (defunct) Japan leagues.

Well you have to keep in mind that my favorite WWE in-ring performers were Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and more recently Kalisto, so it's only natural that I love LU. But then it's a show with very good production, pretty cool lore (it's basically Mortal Kombat live action show), regular male vs female fights and if anything then very spectacular style of fighting. And some of the stunts get really crazy.

[image loading]

As for NXT, I agree with all of what you said, although I've checked out some Japanese woman's wrestling later and it seems like west really is far behind in this category and stuff like Sasha vs Becky would be average at best. But between Finn Balor, Sami, Kevin, Enzo and Cass, there is a lot to like about that show :p

Smackdown was undergoing it's huge cruiserweight expansion when I watched as a kid, so I definitely saw a lot of Mysterio! Yeah LU's production quality looks really good and you / the few clips I've searched up have definitely sold me on it. Is there an internet based way to watch it, or is it cable-only for now?

As far as I know, the latter. Also it's only avalaible in the US, so I'm just watching full episodes on dailymotion (although I would gladly pay for it if I could).
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
May 29 2015 11:07 GMT
#101968
Well, I found my "going to sleep" themesong.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
May 29 2015 11:14 GMT
#101969
Game Grumps is pretty much the best.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 29 2015 11:20 GMT
#101970
Alright guys, I fucking raped the exams
2 from literature, 1 from physics and 1 from english

I was told way too many times today that that's the best english they've ever heard and for the physics exam? It's supposed to take 15 minutes and the prof said I got the hardest question (special theory of relativity, there were a lot of harder ones tho imo) and in like 9 minutes I exhausted the question so they just called the timer early LOL
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 29 2015 11:31 GMT
#101971
On May 29 2015 17:25 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 09:13 jcarlsoniv wrote:
first attempts at frying a string of peppers

I have two more strings, and this went surprisingly well - only overcooked a few and now my apartment smells amazing

+ Show Spoiler +

Have to keep them in paper bags so they don't get all mushy

[image loading]

Peppers gutted, fill a small pan with oil (about 1.5 cups) and let it heat to medium heat.

[image loading]

I couldn't get a picture while cooking because you literally have them in the pan for ~1-1.5 seconds, flip, drain oil to make sure it doesn't pool inside. Once cooked, lightly salt, and snack!
[image loading]



Few questions if I may as I'm looking for a kind of snack I can make myself and feel comfy having a few while I space trucker.

Are these peppers hot done like this? If so, how hot?
Do you have a cooler alternative recipe if they are hot?
Also an exact recipe would be awesome.
Those look fucking delicious 9-9


They're not even remotely hot. When done right, they're this combination of sweet and bitter (can't really explain it), and that flavor mixed with the light salt and oil is sooooooooooo good.

What I wrote in the image captions is basically the recipe lol.

Dried, gutted Nardello peppers
~1.5 cups of canola oil heated to ~medium heat
Drop pepper in hot oil for a second, flip over, remove
Lightly salt to taste

When I make the others, I'll try and get a quick video so you can see how quick it is. You have to be really careful cuz they go from perfect to overcooked really fast.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
May 29 2015 11:32 GMT
#101972
On May 29 2015 20:20 Scip wrote:
Alright guys, I fucking raped the exams
2 from literature, 1 from physics and 1 from english

I was told way too many times today that that's the best english they've ever heard and for the physics exam? It's supposed to take 15 minutes and the prof said I got the hardest question (special theory of relativity, there were a lot of harder ones tho imo) and in like 9 minutes I exhausted the question so they just called the timer early LOL


Do you have oral exams? This post makes no sense to me.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 29 2015 11:33 GMT
#101973
yes, all oral exams
verbal, that is
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
May 29 2015 11:42 GMT
#101974
How do you have a physics exam verbally? Do you just talk about concepts? Initially was pretty confused by why you are working with relativity at high school but if it's just talking about the concept that kind of makes sense. Still seems really weird to me. Do you still do written exams?
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 11:51:11
May 29 2015 11:48 GMT
#101975
physics dip into relativity in the last year of high school
just the very basics tho so oral makes more sense than written as far as that's concerned
theres physics stuff where written really would make a lot more sense but w/e it's how the exams are set up

if czeczoczlovakia has anything like our exams you do languages and math written, then a couple classes of your choosing verbal
choosing english as verbal is usually totes free in this exam format, the testing dudes are mostly happy enough to give you top marks just if you don't be a fucking peasant with your pronounciation

€ If you think physics is silly verbal, you should see chemistry tho. that was pretty lel.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 29 2015 11:50 GMT
#101976
okay so the format of the finals over here is this:
mandatory: czech (written exam part which is a grammar test and writing an essay+an oral test about one out of 20 books you read from a list)
mandatory: EITHER mathematics or a 2nd language (I took math, which is just a written test)
and then you have to choose 2 other subjects to take finals on. For me those could have been physics, chemistry, geography, biology, social sciences, history or a 2nd language (I chose physics and english). For the subjects you choose the exam consists only of a 15 minute oral test on one out of 25 questions that gets randomly picked for you.

So I just explained the lengthening of time, shortening of lengths, mass increase and adding together velocities and that's pretty much all it is.
It was actually a pretty easy question but it was fun.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
May 29 2015 11:51 GMT
#101977
Found a karaoke version of Nuclear.
I know what my high-pitch is butchering tomorrow night.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 29 2015 11:53 GMT
#101978
If you don't mess up the pronunciation like a peasant? Okay so the exam is like really really fancy and all the guys are wearing suits and it's all super official and one of my classmates kept mispronouncing beaches as bitches and one of the profs was laughing so hard at his desk he knocked some stuff over
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 11:56:14
May 29 2015 11:55 GMT
#101979
That's just super confusing to me. Doing an oral exam on any of those courses seems to test basically nothing? I get oral exams for spoken language courses but for sciences it just seems so weird. Anyway gratz on owning it. It also kind of screws over people that know what they doing but don't really do well in an spoken setting which isn't always a skill you'd need in those fields.
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
May 29 2015 11:56 GMT
#101980
It is standart slavic practice to use methods of exams that have stopped being relevant 50 or so years ago at least.
Prev 1 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 583
ProTech137
RuFF_SC2 107
Nina 99
Liquid`TLO 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19589
Mini 145
firebathero 94
Bale 23
PianO 15
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7774
monkeys_forever170
canceldota35
League of Legends
Doublelift3125
Counter-Strike
fl0m1034
Super Smash Bros
PPMD23
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu947
Other Games
summit1g5333
FrodaN1043
Beastyqt510
shahzam478
mouzStarbuck292
B2W.Neo281
ToD229
C9.Mang0126
RotterdaM87
UpATreeSC72
Mew2King43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• mYiSmile112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1113
• Shiphtur653
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 5m
Replay Cast
1h 50m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.