• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:56
CEST 03:56
KST 10:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10069 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5098

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5162 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 02:47:32
May 29 2015 02:47 GMT
#101941
On May 29 2015 11:45 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 11:44 Ketara wrote:
So, friend of mine who plays a little bit of Smite said she wants to get into watching professional League (not playing it) and asked me for games to watch that are cherrypicked for helping somebody learn how the game works.

What should I suggest?


WE vs CLG EU, Game 2, Season 3.

You got the season wrong. Also, it's more like games 2-7.
Moderator
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 02:48:08
May 29 2015 02:47 GMT
#101942
On May 29 2015 11:46 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 11:45 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On May 29 2015 11:44 Ketara wrote:
So, friend of mine who plays a little bit of Smite said she wants to get into watching professional League (not playing it) and asked me for games to watch that are cherrypicked for helping somebody learn how the game works.

What should I suggest?


WE vs CLG EU, Game 2, Season 3.


You have no idea what you're even trying to say do you.


I do.

I just don't remember the exact thing.

Whatever the long one was.

My bad, I should've just said "The really fucking long one."

It's clear no one got what I meant.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
May 29 2015 02:48 GMT
#101943
Season 2, not 3.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 02:48:30
May 29 2015 02:48 GMT
#101944
It wasn't realy a single long game more than Riot shitting the bed with multiple consecutive games with DCs late into the game that forced re-games.
Moderator
Sonnington
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1107 Posts
May 29 2015 02:50 GMT
#101945
Game 4 OGN finals Summer 2014 KTB vs SSB.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 29 2015 02:57 GMT
#101946
um

so Spirit Guardians is a hilarious Cleric spell
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
May 29 2015 02:59 GMT
#101947
On May 29 2015 11:57 jcarlsoniv wrote:
um

so Spirit Guardians is a hilarious Cleric spell


Good thing it has "Guardians" in the title so Magnus will never take it.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
May 29 2015 03:06 GMT
#101948
On May 29 2015 11:50 Sonnington wrote:
Game 4 OGN finals Summer 2014 KTB vs SSB.

KTA

On May 29 2015 08:54 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 08:45 Slayer91 wrote:
On May 29 2015 08:18 Scip wrote:
On May 29 2015 07:58 Slayer91 wrote:
On May 29 2015 07:44 Requizen wrote:
On May 29 2015 07:18 Sonnington wrote:
If you have texting problems and want advice go to:

www.textjake.com

Jake Hurwitz is a texting Casanova. He's been texting since SMS became a thing. He was encouraged to start a texting service from his friends and family since they immediately recognized his unique skillset. Some general texting tips I've learned from the master include: Never say something is fine or ok, everything is always perfect. If you get short replies stop texting, they are not interested. Never text twice in a row, no matter what, the ball is in their court. Don't feel obligated to text right away, wait on it, it makes you look like a cool. Never be the one to text last. You want to have the power, let them end a conversation.

This sounds to me like every other "always act sorta standoffish and self absorbed because chicks dig that" advice.


well its not very manly to be sitting next to the phone texting all the time, you want at least pretend you have interetsing things you do (play league)
its also not very manly to be talking more than your would be gf
seems legit

Just how much should you be willing to change your behavior so that other people like you?


Well I would do those things naturally maybe too extremely to the point people will dislike me LOL
I'm not saying you should change you behaviour but your should be aware of the social situation
dont be that girl texting soniv when soniv doesnt want texts

people often change their behaviour naturally based on misconceptions on what they think girls want etcetc so might as well change it to something smart i dunno

Let's say I'm more comfortable and feel better sitting on the public transport with my legs reasonably far apart, but some people in the public would want me to keep my legs closer together. What do?

Stop being part of the manspreading patriarchy!
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
May 29 2015 03:11 GMT
#101949
I feel like it would have to be a game on updated SR so as not to be too confusing.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
TheHumanSensation
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1210 Posts
May 29 2015 03:28 GMT
#101950
On May 27 2015 00:50 AlterKot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2015 00:28 TheHumanSensation wrote:
On May 26 2015 20:16 AlterKot wrote:
On May 26 2015 13:01 TheHumanSensation wrote:
YES

It's so consistently perfect in it's mix of excellent and excellent by means of being awful. The WWE network (which you can use paypal to get the american version of (it has all the videos and such) is honestly so good that I didn't even mind it renewing my subscription automatically (bought it for a day to watch Wrestlemania because 9.99 is less than ordering the pay per view through cable).

Currently reliving the JBL championship reign from my childhood.

I mean it has boatloads of things I hate (hypermasculinity / cisheteropatriarchy / sexism / racism / white supremacy / AMERICA FUCK YEAH / believe it or not old cena was worse / etc) but it manages to be my de-stressor despite all of those things.

If you ever want to talk WWE/F I'll be around.

Well I only got into it very recently, like half a year ago or something - started with watching random matches on YT, then went to a house show and after that been up-to-date with Raw and Smackdown. But recently I started liking Lucha Underground and NXT much more than the main WWE programming, so I'll probably only watch clips of Raw/Smackdown and stick to LU+NXT+PPVs.

But I had to sit until 5 AM yesterday anyway and I'm not gonna lie, watching that Rusev/Lana promo live was worth it.


I caught the recent NXT ppv and it was really good. Their women's division blows WWE's out of the water (although WWE's has gotten significantly better than it was ~10 years ago) and the rest of it was pretty solid too. Haven't checked out LU yet but if that's a recommendation I'll follow-up on it! Currently looking into figuring out how to access some of the (defunct) Japan leagues.

Well you have to keep in mind that my favorite WWE in-ring performers were Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and more recently Kalisto, so it's only natural that I love LU. But then it's a show with very good production, pretty cool lore (it's basically Mortal Kombat live action show), regular male vs female fights and if anything then very spectacular style of fighting. And some of the stunts get really crazy.

[image loading]

As for NXT, I agree with all of what you said, although I've checked out some Japanese woman's wrestling later and it seems like west really is far behind in this category and stuff like Sasha vs Becky would be average at best. But between Finn Balor, Sami, Kevin, Enzo and Cass, there is a lot to like about that show :p


Smackdown was undergoing it's huge cruiserweight expansion when I watched as a kid, so I definitely saw a lot of Mysterio! Yeah LU's production quality looks really good and you / the few clips I've searched up have definitely sold me on it. Is there an internet based way to watch it, or is it cable-only for now?

Sasha v Becky is still the best western women's match I've seen, although Gail Kim (one of my all-time favourites) and Awesome Kong had a great fued in TNA. But yeah, it's pretty tough to compete with actual womens leagues that constantly put on good shows with great performers like Aja Kong (one of my mix-race heroes). I'll definitely be following NXT, since it's up on the WWE network so it's actually easier for me to follow than WWE itself!

On May 29 2015 02:41 Requizen wrote:
So I saw this thing by Max Landis (creator of the amazing movie Chronicle) and it's quite entertaining and fucking hilarious. I seriously didn't know heck all about WWE but this kind of makes it sound like not shit.



Yeah that video was pretty legit. Did a good job of explaining HHH's character (which I would just have summarized as "champion") through the 2-decade formation of it. Also had a good number of small / minor references and such (SHOCKMASTER).

Generally, a lot of the older wrestlers (such as HHH) aren't just popular because of wild nostalgia (although it is wild) but because they had the ability to transform and grow their characters over the course of decades without them growing stale. A lot of these characters came out in the attitude era (around the first time for Degeneration X, in the video) because just before then Vince McMahon had a talk with a bunch of the wrestlers saying that he couldn't just come up with gimmicks anymore and that they'd have to put themselves into the characters more.

Don't get me wrong people will cheer for random old wrestlers at any time for basically no reason, but a lot of the now-retired ones that still get talked about and hyped up are these multi-decade constantly evolved characters, which leads to shit like HHH vs Sting at Wrestlemania this year being the highlight of the night. Best current examples I can think of would be like Undertaker, Big show, HHH, (all old) and then like Cena or Orton (~10 years).

Basically it's excellent and gets more excellent the longer you watch it. All of the crap stuff eventually becomes wonderful moments of "what the hell is happening" after your brain melts a bit. Have some samples:

+ Show Spoiler +







On May 29 2015 07:18 Sonnington wrote:
If you have texting problems and want advice go to:

www.textjake.com

Jake Hurwitz is a texting Casanova. He's been texting since SMS became a thing. He was encouraged to start a texting service from his friends and family since they immediately recognized his unique skillset. Some general texting tips I've learned from the master include: Never say something is fine or ok, everything is always perfect. If you get short replies stop texting, they are not interested. Never text twice in a row, no matter what, the ball is in their court. Don't feel obligated to text right away, wait on it, it makes you look like a cool. Never be the one to text last. You want to have the power, let them end a conversation.


Ew don't do this seriously
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
May 29 2015 03:31 GMT
#101951
On May 29 2015 10:37 Lord Tolkien wrote:
I won't focus on the other retarded shit that he supports/endorses, like the gold standard (I can't be arsed to write how stupid that would be because it's just that fucking retarded, MoonBear could if he wants to...after he sings ).

Haha can I not, the idea of going back to the Gold Standard and a country willingly throwing away the ability to conduct monetary policy in the pursuit of an ideological war against inflation makes my head hurt. Heck I'll just let this article from the Atlantic make its case. (The full argument is of course longer.)


On May 29 2015 10:37 Lord Tolkien wrote:
The issue with our Libya policy again was not the intervention itself, but the relative dearth of post-intervention reconstruction and Western assistance in political institution building, in a country that has known no genuine civil society or alternate political tradition to brutal autocratic rule. Nonetheless, the conditions in Libya are somewhat better than in Syria, where complete state failure provided ISIL with the territory, economic assets, materiel and opportunity to train their fighters to be in their current position.

Referencing the Atlantic again, but they had a really interesting article on ISIS in February and the ideology that basically drives it.


On May 29 2015 10:42 sung_moon wrote:
Mono red burn and infect are relatively cheap to make.

Most Modern Burn decks have moved to Rwg now, splashing for Atarka's Command, Destructive Revelry, Deflecting Palm, and Kor Firewalker. Mono-R Burn is actually somewhat of a rarity now.


On May 29 2015 11:26 mordek wrote:
Does limited get cheaper over time? I was under the impression packs were packs for the most part, value would only go down if the set sucked or something.

I also got my rejection letter today. Super bummed, thought I had a good shot and didn't get an interview even.

Stores may lower prices to clear out old stock, but MM15 is fairly in demand so I doubt most stores will put them on clearance.

Sorry to hear about the rejection.

On May 29 2015 12:11 Ketara wrote:
I feel like it would have to be a game on updated SR so as not to be too confusing.

For exciting games the SKT v Fnatic Semis and SKT vs EDG finals from MSI are good. But given the unique playstyles I don't know how much someone new to LoL can really learn.

For that I suspect Fnatic v UoL Finals, SK v H2k 3rd Place Match from the EU LCS Spring Playoffs and the TL v TIP 3rd Place Match from the NA LCS Spring Playoffs will be much better.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Sonnington
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1107 Posts
May 29 2015 03:38 GMT
#101952
^Great suggestions. I can't believe I forgot Kyst4l's Draven game. That was easily the most fun game I've seen all season.



Or there was CLG vs TSM with Link's infamous Lissandra ult wiff. Which it wasn't the best game ever but it was a exciting hype NA match with a pretty large comeback.
thejuju
Profile Joined January 2015
United States413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 03:49:25
May 29 2015 03:46 GMT
#101953
Just have her watch the entire SKT KTB summer 2013 finals. ZZZZZZZZZZ


Also mom said she wants to go skydiving. She's terrified of heights. I don't see this going well.
@whyjujuwhy | THE BIGGEST FRAUD ON LL | Ultimate Passionlord | N E V E R G I V E U P
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
May 29 2015 03:58 GMT
#101954
I really like the FNC UOL series, but I'm not sure I want to show her a game with such sexist audience panning lol
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
May 29 2015 04:15 GMT
#101955
--- Nuked ---
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
May 29 2015 04:38 GMT
#101956
On May 29 2015 12:58 Ketara wrote:
I really like the FNC UOL series, but I'm not sure I want to show her a game with such sexist audience panning lol


I uh wat? I don't really remember anything too awful? Course that probably just means I forgot more then anything.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
May 29 2015 04:40 GMT
#101957
In the first game like 8 out of 10 of their camera pans are on a female cosplayer.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
May 29 2015 05:36 GMT
#101958
On May 29 2015 13:40 Ketara wrote:
In the first game like 8 out of 10 of their camera pans are on a female cosplayer.

That's really the kind of thing you only notice if you're looking for it >.>
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
May 29 2015 05:51 GMT
#101959
On May 29 2015 12:31 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 10:37 Lord Tolkien wrote:
I won't focus on the other retarded shit that he supports/endorses, like the gold standard (I can't be arsed to write how stupid that would be because it's just that fucking retarded, MoonBear could if he wants to...after he sings ).

Haha can I not, the idea of going back to the Gold Standard and a country willingly throwing away the ability to conduct monetary policy in the pursuit of an ideological war against inflation makes my head hurt. Heck I'll just let this article from the Atlantic make its case. (The full argument is of course longer.)

Couple that with the US dollar being the world reserve currency and all the benefits that entails, and yeah. Pants on head stupid.

On May 29 2015 10:37 Lord Tolkien wrote:
The issue with our Libya policy again was not the intervention itself, but the relative dearth of post-intervention reconstruction and Western assistance in political institution building, in a country that has known no genuine civil society or alternate political tradition to brutal autocratic rule. Nonetheless, the conditions in Libya are somewhat better than in Syria, where complete state failure provided ISIL with the territory, economic assets, materiel and opportunity to train their fighters to be in their current position.

Referencing the Atlantic again, but they had a really interesting article on ISIS in February and the ideology that basically drives it.[/QUOTE]
Agree with all of it.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
May 29 2015 06:30 GMT
#101960
On May 29 2015 14:36 killerdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 13:40 Ketara wrote:
In the first game like 8 out of 10 of their camera pans are on a female cosplayer.

That's really the kind of thing you only notice if you're looking for it >.>

The person that Ketara is gonna introduce to it probably will notice it though.
Prev 1 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12909
Shuttle 888
Artosis 603
Dewaltoss 56
NaDa 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4205
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox562
AZ_Axe96
Other Games
summit1g8484
Day[9].tv512
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft222
Maynarde146
ViBE123
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv512
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.