• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:26
CEST 07:26
KST 14:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9597 users

[WCS] Global Finals - Day 1 2015 - Page 318

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 316 317 318 319 320 423 Next
The first match is scheduled to begin at 18:30 GMT (+00:00)
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-01 23:46:41
November 01 2015 23:46 GMT
#6341
On November 02 2015 08:45 jubil wrote:
Polt! Polt! Polt!

Great, patient macro, he was ahead on supply for a long time, but I was worried that Rain's lategame would take it. Polt's mid-game moves and decisions are just too good!

Rain's control was a bit sloppy. But I'm already impressed with Polt's play.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 01 2015 23:46 GMT
#6342
On November 02 2015 08:45 fezvez wrote:
Lel, Rain is flustered

"Let's use 4 colossus in the middle of the map to do nothing"

He was trying to decide - move for the basetrade without observers, or try to save your base?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
November 01 2015 23:46 GMT
#6343
On November 02 2015 08:45 Ketch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:44 Ej_ wrote:
wooohoo, we got ourselves a series


You assume Polt doesn't just 3-0?

I predicted Rain to win 3:1
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Sajaki
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1135 Posts
November 01 2015 23:46 GMT
#6344
Polt is always such a pleasure to watch.
Inno pls...
redloser
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1751 Posts
November 01 2015 23:46 GMT
#6345
Guess Polt is also on a Korean team with a bunch of pros to practice
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
November 01 2015 23:46 GMT
#6346
The actual foreign hope takes game 1 vs Rain hype
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
November 01 2015 23:46 GMT
#6347
Go polt
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
November 01 2015 23:46 GMT
#6348
lol Polt was #16 in the community power rankings.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
November 01 2015 23:47 GMT
#6349
On November 02 2015 08:43 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:41 AWalker9 wrote:
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you


https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232


He blamed Life for that bad series. ffs.
I get that he thought he'd lose, but this is inconsistent with his earlier excuses that the reason why he didn't practice is because his buddies were all playing LotV and that the HotS ladder is dead.

It's not inconsistent? All he said was "this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever".
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 01 2015 23:47 GMT
#6350
You should never underestimate Polt when it matters, he is timeless.
AdministratorBreak the chains
MaCRo.gg
Profile Joined June 2015
Korea (South)860 Posts
November 01 2015 23:47 GMT
#6351
On November 02 2015 08:41 Superbanana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:39 mderg wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:33 MaCRo.gg wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:28 mderg wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:21 MaCRo.gg wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:17 Musicus wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:13 TheDougler wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:09 Musicus wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:07 Musicus wrote:
Damn, TLO seems mad.

Of course he is. He is as angry as he should be. He did a shameful display. What are people going to think of the foreign scene after that ? This is our best representative ?


He can still redeem himself at DH Winter, I just don't get why anybody expected something different. It was phisically impossible to get efficient practice for this during the last 4 weeks.

Of course he should've still done better than he did, because you don't lose 3 games like this in a row. Even if you played only LotV.


Honestly, getting crushed like this happens. But the attitude, especially THIS is what bothers me.


But again, there was no way for him to practice!

If he went to Korea for practice, every single replay would've been sent to Life.

So he stayed in EU, but there the server has been dead since WCS Season 3.

It was a dilemma, so he chose to focus on DH winter, I don't blame him. He could've still done better today though, even while playing HotS, losing 3 games like this in a row is not necessary.


Why would you assume that your replays would be sent to Life?
Is it that safe to assume that no Koreans are willing to help out Lilbow and knowingly disadvantage him?
Wouldn't Koreans want a less mechanically gifted player to go through Life so that they won't have to face Life?

I think you might not know koreans


I am Korean....

Are you a korean starcraft pro, though?


Who cares? thats just you with an unfair stereotype


Unfair to put it very mildly.
Very easily could be considered "racist"...

fyi. I am not, so I must not know koreans at all despite being one...
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
November 01 2015 23:47 GMT
#6352
On November 02 2015 08:44 Musicus wrote:
Polt always good for a surprise, I still think Rain can win though.


Lol... did you mean "will win"?
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Superbanana
Profile Joined May 2014
2369 Posts
November 01 2015 23:47 GMT
#6353
On November 02 2015 08:43 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:41 AWalker9 wrote:
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you


https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232


He blamed Life for that bad series. ffs.
I get that he thought he'd lose, but this is inconsistent with his earlier excuses that the reason why he didn't practice is because his buddies were all playing LotV and that the HotS ladder is dead.


Life was indeed not helping. Naturally, he doesn't care if the series is not fun. He planned the bust, it worked and he just decided to follow up with cheese since lilbow defended it really sloppy, or maybe because he wanted it to look bad.
In PvZ the zerg can make the situation spire out of control but protoss can adept to the situation.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
November 01 2015 23:47 GMT
#6354
On November 02 2015 08:46 redloser wrote:
Guess Polt is also on a Korean team with a bunch of pros to practice

He streamed LotV for a couple of weeks then stopped, and yes being a Korean does give you practice opportunities.
Pursuit_
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States1330 Posts
November 01 2015 23:47 GMT
#6355
On November 02 2015 08:47 Zealously wrote:
You should never underestimate Polt when it matters, he is timeless.

At least somebody else gets it
In Somnis Veritas
Boanerges
Profile Joined March 2012
Switzerland156 Posts
November 01 2015 23:47 GMT
#6356
There is no Captain US America... it's just a Halloween Costume.. Its a Korean!
KtJ
Profile Joined October 2014
United States3514 Posts
November 01 2015 23:48 GMT
#6357
was game 1 any good? i went to take a shower
"I thought I destroyed my CC but it seemed like the only thing I destroyed was Idra's mentality."
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
November 01 2015 23:48 GMT
#6358
On November 02 2015 08:47 ZAiNs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:46 redloser wrote:
Guess Polt is also on a Korean team with a bunch of pros to practice

He streamed LotV for a couple of weeks then stopped, and yes being a Korean does give you practice opportunities.

having a strong practice partners net and connections between teams for practice is something the foreign scene will have to work on for LotV.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 01 2015 23:48 GMT
#6359
On November 02 2015 08:47 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:44 Musicus wrote:
Polt always good for a surprise, I still think Rain can win though.


Lol... did you mean "will win"?


Yeah, I actually did, lol.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
PinheadXXXXXX
Profile Joined February 2012
United States897 Posts
November 01 2015 23:48 GMT
#6360
god rain is gonna scout the cc first so ealry
Taeja the one true Byunjwa~
Prev 1 316 317 318 319 320 423 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
Nina 124
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3585
Shuttle 1344
Sharp 359
Dewaltoss 89
Mong 79
Icarus 10
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King211
Other Games
summit1g7057
WinterStarcraft586
C9.Mang0254
Sick135
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2256
League of Legends
• Lourlo900
• Stunt370
Other Games
• Shiphtur493
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 34m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.