• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:46
CEST 01:46
KST 08:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7500 users

[IEM Season IX] Katowice - Day 3 - Page 251

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 260 Next
Cut down on the balance/design whining please.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
March 14 2015 22:16 GMT
#5001
see this is why i hate Fantasy leagues. Because I would normally want zest to win, he played well in the semis and trap took out my boy dark.

But I have trap in FPL and I don't want his confidence to be ruined by losing to zest here. fuck you fantasy sports, it's like the time i rooted for Aaron Rodgers and had to shower afterwards.
Zerg for Life
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
March 14 2015 22:17 GMT
#5002
if only swag_bro was there, he would say that zest is definitely the best protoss by far and that maru is in a big slump :D
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
March 14 2015 22:17 GMT
#5003
On March 15 2015 07:16 Rollora wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:13 Deathstar wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:12 THM wrote:
Great tournament but I'm so disappointed that there's gonna be PvP finals tomorrow. I had invited friends over to watch but I don't think they'll want to come now ;(

PvP is highly action packed with lots of micro, like dota. Stuff will be happening everywhere. Def bring your friends over!

Are you making fun of something?
"lots of micro"
:D Ever played a High-Level Tvs anything?
You wouldn't call "blink somewhere" lots of micro.


You are one of the most delusional people I've ever come across...
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
March 14 2015 22:17 GMT
#5004
On March 15 2015 07:16 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:13 johnbongham wrote:
Are people seriously trying to argue that two players vying for position with meticulous micro is more boring than watching two deathballs slam into each other after after a complete turtlefest? If it even makes it that far.

Now I am c onfused, which of these is PvP and which is TvT? (but yeah, current TvT is much much better then TvT in WoL).

Really, with the doom drops bs? :-S
I Protoss winner, could it be?
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-14 22:19:35
March 14 2015 22:18 GMT
#5005
There are few things I dislike more than people telling me I have to like something. Give it a rest. Your favorite cup of tea isn't going to be someone else's.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-14 22:19:11
March 14 2015 22:18 GMT
#5006
On March 15 2015 07:16 Rollora wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:13 Deathstar wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:12 THM wrote:
Great tournament but I'm so disappointed that there's gonna be PvP finals tomorrow. I had invited friends over to watch but I don't think they'll want to come now ;(

PvP is highly action packed with lots of micro, like dota. Stuff will be happening everywhere. Def bring your friends over!

Are you making fun of something?
"lots of micro"
:D Ever played a High-Level Tvs anything?
You wouldn't call "blink somewhere" lots of micro.

But even though you could be right -> the games will decide by who chooses the better Bullshit-Build. And you know it.
Not the better player overall.

i think that the only PvPs you saw were from NA tournament
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
March 14 2015 22:18 GMT
#5007
On March 15 2015 07:16 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:15 Rollora wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:12 Elentos wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:11 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:09 Rollora wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:02 KelsierSC wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:02 Rollora wrote:
On March 15 2015 06:56 Solar424 wrote:
Remember when everyone hated Terran

TvT was never that boring.
Yeah there were LOTS AND LOTS of TvTs but they were often exciting and back and forth.
I also remember Taeja vs Flash as one of the best TvTs 2-3 years back, Flash still being new but it was a great Macro TvT on... Whirlwhind IIRC


watching tanks siege, unsiege then siege again is boring as fuck.

tvt used to be terrible

you are wrong dude, one misstep and you can be dead. Also there isn't only the tankline you can always send out dropships to pull the opponent back and so on.
TvT was never just one thing going on (like PvP or ZvZ) but several. I think you missed the great fun about TvT then.


I think you (and most people, tbh) have a vastly higher opinion of TvT than it deserves. It is generally incredibly boring and takes way longer than it needs to zzzzzzzzz

Current meta TvT lasts like 12 minutes before someone dies to a doom drop <.<.

I don't like the current meta.
And TvT is anyways still the best mirror. There are simply more openers then any other mirror matchups and they can be more back and forth. I don't like the doom-dropping though.
Cause it sometimes wins the game for the player who was behind the whole game and just was pulling this one joker-card.
The player who gets more and more ahead over time through better trades should win. Not through ONE move.
That counts for every matchup.

*shrug* TvT is only good when Flash plays it because he goes for the greed <.<.

I don't think he does that.
He is rather aggressive in TvT, lots of damage from the very first minutes on till the last.
TvT is extremely fast paced by now, noone goes greedy anymore. Not seen a CC first since reaper opening became the standard
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
March 14 2015 22:19 GMT
#5008
you best be here tomorrow or ima cut ya.
Zerg for Life
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 14 2015 22:19 GMT
#5009
On March 15 2015 07:17 Makro wrote:
if only swag_bro was there, he would say that zest is definitely the best protoss by far and that maru is in a big slump :D

herO is also in a slump, so are INnoVation and Life, and Trap is a new Protoss god, shown by his ability to defeat Flash, the best Terran in the world. Did I do that right?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
March 14 2015 22:19 GMT
#5010
On March 15 2015 07:19 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:17 Makro wrote:
if only swag_bro was there, he would say that zest is definitely the best protoss by far and that maru is in a big slump :D

herO is also in a slump, so are INnoVation and Life, and Trap is a new Protoss god, shown by his ability to defeat Flash, the best Terran in the world. Did I do that right?

yea that's pretty good, but he would have say that in a huge wall of text
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
March 14 2015 22:19 GMT
#5011
What I like best about PvP is that it's like a magic hat. You can reach in there and get literally anything. Sometimes you draw a wonderful set of flowers, sometimes there's a rat in it that bites your fingers off.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
March 14 2015 22:20 GMT
#5012
On March 15 2015 07:17 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:16 Ammanas wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:13 johnbongham wrote:
Are people seriously trying to argue that two players vying for position with meticulous micro is more boring than watching two deathballs slam into each other after after a complete turtlefest? If it even makes it that far.

Now I am c onfused, which of these is PvP and which is TvT? (but yeah, current TvT is much much better then TvT in WoL).

Really, with the doom drops bs? :-S

still better then lines of tanks sitting at one spot constantly scanning all over the opponents army and once someone moves couple of centimetres, it's over. Actually, roach vs roach is better then old TvT for me. I just hate that matchup from WoL, so boring and unnecessarily long.~~
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 14 2015 22:20 GMT
#5013
On March 15 2015 07:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
What I like best about PvP is that it's like a magic hat. You can reach in there and get literally anything. Sometimes you draw a wonderful set of flowers, sometimes there's a rat in it that bites your fingers off.

or maybe it's like magic because you're trying to get us to buy into an illusion
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 14 2015 22:20 GMT
#5014
On March 15 2015 07:19 Makro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:19 Elentos wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:17 Makro wrote:
if only swag_bro was there, he would say that zest is definitely the best protoss by far and that maru is in a big slump :D

herO is also in a slump, so are INnoVation and Life, and Trap is a new Protoss god, shown by his ability to defeat Flash, the best Terran in the world. Did I do that right?

yea that's pretty good, but he would have say that in a huge wall of text

Yeah but I didn't feel like writing that much convoluted BS.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
March 14 2015 22:20 GMT
#5015
On March 15 2015 07:18 Makro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:16 Rollora wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:13 Deathstar wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:12 THM wrote:
Great tournament but I'm so disappointed that there's gonna be PvP finals tomorrow. I had invited friends over to watch but I don't think they'll want to come now ;(

PvP is highly action packed with lots of micro, like dota. Stuff will be happening everywhere. Def bring your friends over!

Are you making fun of something?
"lots of micro"
:D Ever played a High-Level Tvs anything?
You wouldn't call "blink somewhere" lots of micro.

But even though you could be right -> the games will decide by who chooses the better Bullshit-Build. And you know it.
Not the better player overall.

i think that the only PvPs you saw were from NA tournament

NA gold tournament
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
March 14 2015 22:21 GMT
#5016
On March 15 2015 07:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
What I like best about PvP is that it's like a magic hat. You can reach in there and get literally anything. Sometimes you draw a wonderful set of flowers, sometimes there's a rat in it that bites your fingers off.

Hoping for lots of flowers for tomorrow then
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
March 14 2015 22:21 GMT
#5017
I don't know why people can't just band together and enjoy TvT and PvP and hate on the trash that is ZvZ instead.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
March 14 2015 22:21 GMT
#5018
I know it's sort of "weird" but I think high level PvP offers the most potential for a total fucking stomp. Like one guy just get's in his opponents head and just totally obliterates him and makes him look silly.

Like the GSL final between Seed and MC. That whole series was totally surreal as Seed just got inside MC's brain and started dicking around with the wires.
Zerg for Life
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
March 14 2015 22:22 GMT
#5019
On March 15 2015 07:21 Phredxor wrote:
I don't know why people can't just band together and enjoy TvT and PvP and hate on the trash that is ZvZ instead.


I hate Night Elf vs Night Elf.

Trash that instead
Zerg for Life
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
March 14 2015 22:22 GMT
#5020
On March 15 2015 07:17 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 07:16 Rollora wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:13 Deathstar wrote:
On March 15 2015 07:12 THM wrote:
Great tournament but I'm so disappointed that there's gonna be PvP finals tomorrow. I had invited friends over to watch but I don't think they'll want to come now ;(

PvP is highly action packed with lots of micro, like dota. Stuff will be happening everywhere. Def bring your friends over!

Are you making fun of something?
"lots of micro"
:D Ever played a High-Level Tvs anything?
You wouldn't call "blink somewhere" lots of micro.


You are one of the most delusional people I've ever come across...

Ok. Then tell me what is there so much to micro.
I mean: when I get terran (I play random mostly)->
When I encounter a protoss army, I move the marauders in Front, I marines in the back, medivacs on a different control group or they won't heal, split the army and spread it, stim parts of the army, select another control group (ghosts) and try to emp, focus down colossi with vikings while avoiding stalkers.
During fights I have around 250 APM, which isn't great. But its a hell lot of micro.

Tell me what Protoss has so much to micro here? Select clossi and move it back? Or in a stalker vs stalker battle select the weakened stalker and blink it back. You must be kidding when you say that is a lot of micro.
Prev 1 249 250 251 252 253 260 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 176
ProTech132
ViBE121
SpeCial 34
StarCraft: Brood War
910 74
NaDa 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever419
canceldota138
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Other Games
summit1g6282
JimRising 399
C9.Mang0329
ToD109
PPMD35
JuggernautJason31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick784
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
• poizon28 38
• RyuSc2 21
• musti20045 17
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra969
Other Games
• imaqtpie861
• Shiphtur612
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 14m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.