• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:17
CEST 07:17
KST 14:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7417 users

[IEM] Grand Finals World Championships 2014 - Page 13

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 126 Next
ANLProbe
Profile Joined October 2013
667 Posts
March 16 2014 13:02 GMT
#241
On March 16 2014 21:50 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 21:38 ANLProbe wrote:
I hope herO wins, he actually used legit macro games to beat Polt.


4 years and people are still this off. There is nothing in a macro game that makes it more legit, more honorable or w/e than any other type of game. Even though people like to deny it, this game is still fairly decently balanced given how hard it is to achieve that in a RTS. There will always be a strongest race in the current meta and it just happens to be protoss, both players deserve to be in this final and the better play will win today. People seriously need to tune down the QQing and man up.

I'd just wish the guy going second wouldn't have wasted an entire weekend of time... For once I actually hope a prize split was agreed upon, I hate to see these young men who sacrifice their 20s for a shot at being the best in the world wasting a full week of practice.

I'm not blaming the players, I blame the design team. I really like sOs but his games vs Taeja were just disgusting. He tried to use an all in every game (3 time being Blink) but when he played a macro game he got crushed. I think sOs knows that Taeja is a mechanically better macro player otherwise he would have tried to play a macro game at least once. Whereas as he knows that he's better than Jjakji, so he did play a macro game.

The awful design simply allows inferior players to beat superior players with imbalanced all ins like Blink.
Go TAEJA
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
March 16 2014 13:04 GMT
#242
Wow cs go has like 120k viewers now. SC is way way behind.
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
March 16 2014 13:06 GMT
#243
sOs eliminated Polt and Bomber from the WCS season finals. He played some macro games while doing it. So he is certainly capable of winning long games. He just doesn't always choose to do so. And he beat Jajjki using Phoneix/Colossus into Carriers, which is very weird but is not some sort of early game cheese. sOs is a virtuoso. He has the creativity of Liquid HerO and the killer instinct of MC all wrapped up in one person. He may be the best player in the world.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 13:07:38
March 16 2014 13:07 GMT
#244
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?
Hawka12
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia26 Posts
March 16 2014 13:07 GMT
#245
i wont be watching this,because the more people leave and not watch sc2 the less money goes into the scene, the less money that goes in, the less players will play, that will cause more people to not watch and snowball, if blizzard doesnt act asap then maybe its time for the community to force them to act. Boycott away, make blizzard see and listen, if no one is watching this, they might just get the hint
IMMVP MMA MKP
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
March 16 2014 13:08 GMT
#246
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?


Haha the spectrum is even broader than that -- from 5 minute proxy rush games to 3 hour swarm host games. :p
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 16 2014 13:09 GMT
#247
personally Hawka12 i find that attitude absolutely abhorrent
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Hawka12
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia26 Posts
March 16 2014 13:09 GMT
#248
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?

going blink all in is not strategy it is called abuse something that is overpowered.

User was warned for this post
IMMVP MMA MKP
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
March 16 2014 13:11 GMT
#249
On March 16 2014 22:09 Hawka12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?

going blink all in is not strategy it is called abuse something that is overpowered.


Polt beat the blink openings from herO sometimes. The build is holdable. He just couldn't beat 6 Colossus without range. :p
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
March 16 2014 13:12 GMT
#250
I will be watching this because I like the players and I enjoy sOs's playstyle. If I get more people to watch maybe we can get an influx of money and Blizzard will lend more aid to SC2 seeing as it's becoming potentially more profitable and thus worth the effort to maintain and fix.

SC2 isn't a cash cow like WoW or Hearthstone, so it's going to be passed over as long as it can when it's the least amount of profit per fix.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 13:13:51
March 16 2014 13:12 GMT
#251
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?

Well considering out of all the games at IEM that were blink "all ins" only two of them were Terran wins, I think it's safe to say that the better player did not always win against blink. If Blink was truly fair I don't think we would see it being used 3 games in a row in a series, even when it was scouted.

Edit: I'd rather just donate money to IEM at this point. I don't care for either of the players and unfortunately PvP is my second least favorite matchup. Even if it was a ZvZ I'd much rather watch Is there a way to donate money to IEM, or is the only way to do that through subscribing?
Hawka12
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia26 Posts
March 16 2014 13:12 GMT
#252
On March 16 2014 22:11 Salient wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 22:09 Hawka12 wrote:
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?

going blink all in is not strategy it is called abuse something that is overpowered.


Polt beat the blink openings from herO sometimes. The build is holdable. He just couldn't beat 6 Colossus without range. :p

well 111 infestor broodlord all considered overpowered, but they are still beatable.
IMMVP MMA MKP
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 13:14:10
March 16 2014 13:13 GMT
#253
On March 16 2014 22:12 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?

Well considering out of all the games at IEM that were blink "all ins" only two of them were Terran wins, I think it's safe to say that the better player did not always win against blink. If Blink was truly fair I don't think we would see it being used 3 games in a row in a series, even when it was scouted.


You are seriously using one weekend where pretty much all players have got to be super nervous playing in front of a stadium + knowing that all but one of them will go home empty handed as an indicator of balance? Seriously?

Also lol @Hawka12 asking us to kill our own scene. What you suggest won't make blizzard listen to your complains it'll make the game shrink and shrink and shrink.
ANLProbe
Profile Joined October 2013
667 Posts
March 16 2014 13:14 GMT
#254
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?


I'm not saying that you should never be allowed to all in, but every game that sOs won was an all in which require far less skill to pull off than it is to hold off. And doing the same all in multiple times is not strategy. It's just abusing a broken all in.

And actually, look at these stats for Blink in this IEM

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/20iqh2/some_iem_stats_and_details_on_pvt_blink_allins/
Go TAEJA
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
March 16 2014 13:15 GMT
#255
On March 16 2014 22:13 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 22:12 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?

Well considering out of all the games at IEM that were blink "all ins" only two of them were Terran wins, I think it's safe to say that the better player did not always win against blink. If Blink was truly fair I don't think we would see it being used 3 games in a row in a series, even when it was scouted.


You are seriously using one weekend where pretty much all players have got to be super nervous playing in front of a stadium + knowing that all but one of them will go home empty handed as an indicator of balance? Seriously?

No, I'm using the fact that we have seen it be prevalent since November of last year and the fact that it STILL is being used as the fact that it is imbalanced. We saw Duckdeok crush INnoVation with it. The only difference is that now the map pool is more favored towards it.

There is honestly no way to defend blink all ins on Heavy Rain, Yeonsu, Daedalus, etc. I'm pretty sure that's just given as imbalanced at this point.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
March 16 2014 13:16 GMT
#256
On March 16 2014 22:14 ANLProbe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?


I'm not saying that you should never be allowed to all in, but every game that sOs won was an all in which require far less skill to pull off than it is to hold off. And doing the same all in multiple times is not strategy. It's just abusing a broken all in.

And actually, look at these stats for Blink in this IEM

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/20iqh2/some_iem_stats_and_details_on_pvt_blink_allins/


From your own link:
"Blink all-ins were successful 67% of the time"
Thats not imba to me, thats just a strong strat that hasn't been fully figured out. All race have had "imba strats" and allins before and all of them either got figured out or balance patched by Blizzard. I really don't see why protoss being the one with said strat is such a big deal now. Also using 1 tournament for an indicator of balance is just awful as I said before.
ANLProbe
Profile Joined October 2013
667 Posts
March 16 2014 13:18 GMT
#257
On March 16 2014 22:06 Salient wrote:
sOs eliminated Polt and Bomber from the WCS season finals. He played some macro games while doing it. So he is certainly capable of winning long games. He just doesn't always choose to do so. And he beat Jajjki using Phoneix/Colossus into Carriers, which is very weird but is not some sort of early game cheese. sOs is a virtuoso. He has the creativity of Liquid HerO and the killer instinct of MC all wrapped up in one person. He may be the best player in the world.


Yes but every time that he has played a macro game vs Taeja he has lost, so he obviously went the route giving him the best advantage of winning, which was through abusing the plethora of Protoss all ins, notably Blink. I don't blame sOs though, I blame the balance team.
Go TAEJA
SC2Toastie
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
Netherlands5725 Posts
March 16 2014 13:18 GMT
#258
On March 16 2014 22:16 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 22:14 ANLProbe wrote:
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?


I'm not saying that you should never be allowed to all in, but every game that sOs won was an all in which require far less skill to pull off than it is to hold off. And doing the same all in multiple times is not strategy. It's just abusing a broken all in.

And actually, look at these stats for Blink in this IEM

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/20iqh2/some_iem_stats_and_details_on_pvt_blink_allins/


From your own link:
"Blink all-ins were successful 67% of the time"
Thats not imba to me, thats just a strong strat that hasn't been fully figured out. All race have had "imba strats" and allins before and all of them either got figured out or balance patched by Blizzard. I really don't see why protoss being the one with said strat is such a big deal now. Also using 1 tournament for an indicator of balance is just awful as I said before.

1 tournament.
We've seen this for close to 5 months now.
Mura Ma Man, Dark Da Dude, Super Shot Sos!
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
March 16 2014 13:19 GMT
#259
On March 16 2014 22:18 SC2Toastie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 22:16 Lorch wrote:
On March 16 2014 22:14 ANLProbe wrote:
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?


I'm not saying that you should never be allowed to all in, but every game that sOs won was an all in which require far less skill to pull off than it is to hold off. And doing the same all in multiple times is not strategy. It's just abusing a broken all in.

And actually, look at these stats for Blink in this IEM

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/20iqh2/some_iem_stats_and_details_on_pvt_blink_allins/


From your own link:
"Blink all-ins were successful 67% of the time"
Thats not imba to me, thats just a strong strat that hasn't been fully figured out. All race have had "imba strats" and allins before and all of them either got figured out or balance patched by Blizzard. I really don't see why protoss being the one with said strat is such a big deal now. Also using 1 tournament for an indicator of balance is just awful as I said before.

1 tournament.
We've seen this for close to 5 months now.

Yeah I really have no idea what he's talking about with us using one tournament as balance, lol. We've been saying this since before Blizzcon. Did Lorch just have memory loss and forget about INNoVation getting knocked out by Duckdeok using blink and oracle all ins? lol
ANLProbe
Profile Joined October 2013
667 Posts
March 16 2014 13:20 GMT
#260
On March 16 2014 22:16 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2014 22:14 ANLProbe wrote:
On March 16 2014 22:07 Lorch wrote:
@ANLProbe: Mechanics are not the only skill required in this game. You are not the superior player if you have a higher chance of winning macro games. It's not awful design when you make sure that in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game a player can over come mechanical inferiority by out thinking his opponent. If blink allins had like a 80% winrate on the highest level of play I might say you kinda have a point, but as it is I would say Taeja would have won if he truly was the superior player. My favorite part about starcraft is that not every game is a macro game. Not every game takes 30+ minutes, you literally have the full spectrum from ending under 10 minutes to 1+ hour games and I would say a true champion should be able to win in all possible games not just the "more difficulty/superior/more honorable" macro game. I seriously don't get this hole makro game circle jerk, maybe too much artosis casting?


I'm not saying that you should never be allowed to all in, but every game that sOs won was an all in which require far less skill to pull off than it is to hold off. And doing the same all in multiple times is not strategy. It's just abusing a broken all in.

And actually, look at these stats for Blink in this IEM

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/20iqh2/some_iem_stats_and_details_on_pvt_blink_allins/


From your own link:
"Blink all-ins were successful 67% of the time"
Thats not imba to me, thats just a strong strat that hasn't been fully figured out. All race have had "imba strats" and allins before and all of them either got figured out or balance patched by Blizzard. I really don't see why protoss being the one with said strat is such a big deal now. Also using 1 tournament for an indicator of balance is just awful as I said before.

Wrong. It was 86% before the 9 minute mark and one of the games (the Taeja vs sOs on yeonsu game) he didn't even commit to the all in. So after 9 mins it was only held once by Polt.
Go TAEJA
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 126 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 113
Nina 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2206
HiyA 276
Mong 125
Shinee 76
sorry 31
Noble 17
NotJumperer 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1315
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
JimRising 670
Reynor47
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft614
Other Games
summit1g7426
Coldzera 743
C9.Mang0336
PiGStarcraft217
RuFF_SC234
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick710
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream390
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2149
League of Legends
• Rush1531
• Lourlo1334
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 44m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 44m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.